4.1 Beautiful Mistake [part 2]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

The dinner date-which was supposed to help Wonwoo forget about the past- seemed to not work as well as the boys had hoped. In the end the three friends decide to call it a night, and find a better plan next time. The journey home ended much quicker than anyone anticipated.

 

Although the moon was grinning brightly, lighting up the streets at night. Wonwoo on the other hand, had a frown. The tired boy was looking forward to staying up tonight and working on his poetry.

 

But it seemed as though his friends had other plans.

“Er…” Wonwoo started, seeing how his friends were all pushing past him to get into the house before him.

“Hyung, hurry, looks like it will rain soon,”

Wonwoo sighs, seeming as though he had no choice. He trudges in behind the trio into his own house.

“I’m heading to bed,”

“We’re sleeping, upstairs too,”

Wonwoo raises his eyebrows in confusion.

“On the floor, don’t you worry,”

Wonwoo, nods silently and goes to get dressed and ready for bed.


 

“You know, it’d be nice if we can do something again tomorrow,” Seungkwan says all of a sudden. He’s faced with silence. Getting up to look around him, he sees the three hyungs all fast asleep.

“The one time I’m actually nice and want to spend time with you guys…” He utters before falling asleep himself.

~<*~*>~

Wonwoo wakes up earlier than usual and tiptoes over to his desk. Hoping to finish of the poem, only to see it was missing. “What… where?”
 

“Something, missing hyung?”

Wonwoo would have jumped if he had not been previously warned, by Seokmin himself that he was a light sleeper.

“Er… have you seen you know…”Wonwoo asks, as he continues to look through his desk for the poetry.

“Haven’t seen anything, hyung,” Seokmin replies  as he stretches, “I’m off to get ready, you should get dressed soon too, I think they got something big planned,”

Wonwoo waved Seokmin’s advice off and continues to search through his work. Heart already deflating thinking of the possibilities that could have happened to his work. Wonwoo sits down on his chair dejected, just what had happened? Wonwoo thinks very hard to recall everything that had happened yesterday. But he just couldn’t remember what could have lead to the letters going missing. Frowning he decides to get up, but a cough, leads to him falling onto the floor. “Ouch” Before he can have a go at the person who had led to his fall, Wonwoo notices something on the floor. He reaches for it.

“How long are you going to be?” Soonyoung asks, as he gets close to Wonwoo’s ears and almost earns a whack straight in the face in the process. To his luck Wonwoo stops only a few centimetres away.

“Soonyoung, why would you do that?” Wonwoo asks defeatedly.

“Do what? all I wanted to know was if you were ready to leave,”

“What do you mean-”

“The trip, Hyung?” Seungkwan interjects.

“What tri-” Wonwoo stops mid sentence, as his eyes meet with Seokmin, remembering what they had talked about he nods. “I’ll be ready in ten,” Wonwoo sighs knowing to give up the lost battle, placing the envelope onto the desk. The envelope could wait.

~<*~*>~

And he did end up waiting, in fact the boys wouldn’t let him go back home until past 6 in the evening. Wonwoo felt at ease, as though his spirit had been lifted. Sure he wasn’t all high up on cloud nine, but he definitely was feeling more than better ever since… it happened.

 

Walking down his streets, Wonwoo found himself in awe. The dark haired boy begins to notice all the different changes that had happened in the past years. It was funny how he never decided to pay attention until today. It was as if the world was trying to tell him to be prepared for something… but what?

 

He noticed how the houses looked more fresh, more inviting than they did a year ago… did they paint it altogether and not inform him? The trees along the road, seemed to have grown taller than they used to, making Wonwoo feel old. Even though it was only the beginning, summers  in Seoul were never this warm… since when was Seoul ever this warm in July?  Wonwoo realised that maybe just maybe, his friends were right. He could come out of his room, once in a while. He’d like that. He really would…

 

Coming closer, to his house now, Wonwoo really fel-

“Call the ambulance!”

“What happened?”

“Why did she fall?”

“Just call the damn ambulance!!” A voice bellows, and all hell broke lose. People rushed past and knocked into each other, as they all stumbled trying to call the ambulance at once. Wonwoo rushes towards the commotion. Not having to run that fast, as it occurs next door to his house. Amongst the crowd Wonwoo had little to no space to see who had fainted. He tries to peep in, but fails. Eventually resorting to the only thing that pops into his mind. Crawling amongst the legs of the neighbourhood. Wonwoo was finally  allowed to see, that his neighbour Ms. Kim had fainted. The same Ms. Kim who had helped him overcome the disaster that had impended his lover; and then Wonwoo spotted a boy. Whose figure seemed familiar, 'Cycle boy'? Who was sitting with the said neighbour on his lap. Wonwoo, calls, “Grand-”

“GRANDMA!! G-Grandma Kim, please wake up”

Wonwoo’s eyes widened as it was that voice again. Making him remember the past. Wonwoo began to shake profusely, unable to withdraw himself from the horror that was begging him to reveal itself. Taking it no longer,  tears rolled down his cheeks. He begins to run back when he hears “Wonwoo!! Help her! Help me!!” Neither being able to move, Wonwoo freezes. And everything around him seems to stop as well. That voice, that voice was no longer something Wonwoo was supposedly ‘familiar’ with. Because it all came crashing down. The painful memories, and the longing feeling all rushed back with that one voice. But why did it take him so long to remember? When you live in denial, it can be harder to realise the thing you want the most exists.

“NO!” After retrieving his sense of emotion, Wonwoo gets up and runs to his door. Breathless, shaking, and most importantly on the verge of crying- but not quite reaching it.

 

Reaching his bedroom, Wonwoo begins to trash his room. “This can’t be happening!! Jeon Wonwoo, he is dead! Dead, do you hear me?! Do you hear yourself? How can you think you heard his voice or seen his face? He’s been dead for nearly a year!” He screams, as he throws anything he can get his hands on. Falling to the floor worn out. Wonwoo notices the envelope from earlier. Shaking, he rips open the envelope. Inside was a letter, written with such refined handwriting. Seeing it made him even more angry so he throws it into the bin. Through hot and angry tears, “Why can’t you learn, what are you a idiot? He’s dead, LET HIM GO!” Wonwoo continued to tear everything. As people stepped in the house, listening to his ongoing monologue.

 

The house falls silent, the broken boy sobs silently. Angry at himself for not being able to forget.

 

The intruders run upstairs, all having heard of the commotion and wanting to check on their friend.

“Hyung?”

“Come out, or let us in”

Silence follows.

“Or you can do neither,”

“Kwan hush, and Woonwoo hyung come out, or we will have to come in...”

“JEON WONWOO, COME OUT OR SO HEL-”

“Hyung, I think we should leave him be…”

“Fine, to hell with it.” Soonyoung utters. Seokmin takes Soonyoung downstairs who mumbles an occasional “Who the hell does he think he is, blaming himself.” Whilst  Seokmin responds with, “Shh, it isn’t either of your fault, let’s just hope for the best”

“Hyung you know Soonyoung cares deeply for you, right? We all do, so please just stop blaming yourself. We will be waiting downstairs.” Seungkwan says, and leaves to follow the two older boys.

Wonwoo sits down and thinks of what the boys just suggested.


Author's note: Part two is up, this is as angsty as it gets, sorry >///< I hope the expectations don't fall ;-; I tried very hard with this (but who knows....) looking forward to your feedback (surprised to see so many comments lemme love y'all) I love my 1996 liner's friendship, so endearing.... Comments are loved, subscription is an honor, and upvotes are treasured ;-;

Love,
       Abi
      XOXO