5.0 Love Oblivion [part one]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

Key:

Bold means English words

Italics are thought processes

 


Sometimes, even when things look tough and difficult,
never give up, because even a miracle takes time to work.
Lee Seokmin learned that the hard way, thanks to his love for Kwon Soonyoung.

 

 

"Do you, Kwon Soonyoung, take Kim Mingyu-"

In none of his wildest or saniest dream, did Seokmin, The Lee Seokmin, cousin of Kim Mingyu ever, think he would end up watching his cousin marry someone who... someone who meant something more to him than he let on. He never thought Jeon Wonwoo, would agree, actually agree to be one third of the best man. After all, did he not love Kim Mingyu?

 

<(Flashback)>

 

Sometimes, life presents us with the least expected turn of events. Mingyu returned from his disappearance in 2015. After spending much needed time with one another, Mingyu and Wonwoo finally had enough. Enough of the constant bickering, the constant clash of opinions, the inflexible hours both their works provided. Enough of each other, it wasn't working out in the slightest how they wanted it to.

 

The cold winter’s breeze hits the two figures, as they sat outside on the bonnet of their car. It was a November night when things turned serious. In fact it changed exactly a week ago.

"Are you really okay with this, hyung?"

 

"Does it… seem like I have any say?" Wonwoo asks, as he sighs a puff of the air comes out. He looks up at the night sky. "I wish, I hadn’t acted so rashly,"

"Hyung…"

"Seokmin, have you heard that people say, when you are so crazily in love you make your most beautiful mistakes. I guess Mingyu was that mistake. Every minute we collected was precious, and it was…" He stops his monologue and deeply sighs,"something I will never regret,"

 

Seokmin unable to comfort his hyung, nods, and looks up at the sky. I know that feeling, but do I really?

 

The silence engulfs the two once again, but a heavy blanket of depression falls over them. It's nothing like what they were used to, and the both of them would do anything to go back. Both of them, having lost the person they had cherished and loved the most, yet not blaming anyone but themselves.

 

"Hyung-";"Let’s-" The silence is disrupted with both men trying to ease the tension, and only making it even more awkward instead.

"Hyung, you first," Seokmin replies, wanting to get rid of the tension quickly.

"Seokmin, I… I was going to say, we should, try to … I want to do something about this situation,"

 

"How so, hyung?"

"... This might sound weird, but date me,"

"..."

"Okay, understatement, it’s ridiculous but the only plan I ha-"

 

A ringtone disturbs the boy as Wonwoo is cut off: I know what you’re going to say, please don’t say it~

 

"Hello?"

‘Seokmin!’

"M-Mingyu?"

 

Wonwoo freezes hearing the words escape from Seokmin’s lips. He panics, and tries not to shout. "Don’t tell him we are together," he whispers to Seokmin.

‘Seokmin, I called- yes yes, Soonyoung, he’s on the line- to tell you- Oh my-"

"Soonyoung too?" Seokmin’s eyes open to the size of an owl’s as he gapes.

"Okay, Soonyoung, okay- wait, I’m go-"

 

Seokmin starts to shiver, while he hears the phone on the other hand switch. He watches in shock, as he hears someone breathe on the other line.. a breathing pattern he was a little too used to. To say he viewed them as nothing more than friends, would be a lie. He could hear Soonyoung, his Kwon Soonyoung.

 

"Seokmin?"

"...."

"Seokmin? Hello are you- Mingyu did you cut the call and give me the phone after- no? But then why- Hello, earth to Lee Seokmin?"

 

Seokmin, feels his shoulders move from the impact of Wonwoo shaking him. Seokmin snaps out of his trance and looks at Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo quirks his head at the phone, and Seokmin nods and clears his throat.

"Er… hi,"

"Min! It’s been long,"

 

Shouldn’t that be my line?

 

"Yeah… it has,"

"... Er we called to let you guys know,"

"Guys?"

"I’m assuming Woo is there as well? Well, we wanted tell you-"

"We will tell them together," Mingyu’s voice is faintly heard as he shouts from a distance, before yelling again.

"Is Wonwoo there with you?"

"N-"

"Yeah, I’m here,"

 

Seokmin gasps not realising that Wonwoo had moved to beside him.

"Good thing you both are close together. We’ve got some rather ex-"

"WE’RE GETTING MARRIED,"

"Soonyoungggggg!! I told you we were suppose-"

 

"Sorry, but I couldn't contain the-" The rest of the sentence was cut off, Seokmin turns to see Wonwoo on the floor, and realising he couldn’t have cut the phone. Feeling slightly teary eyed, Seokmin turns around, to see-

"Seungkwan?"

"Why are you like this, hyung?"

 

Seokmin thinking he was referring to Wonwoo, crouches down to see that he was an absolute mess  and crying. Patting his back, he frowns "hyung I-"

 

"Seokmin hyung, why are you being like this?"

"What do you mean, Wonwoo hyu-"

"I know he’s hurt but aren’t you as w-"; "Just becaus-"

"Seok," Wonwoo cuts the younger two off, eyes now clear as crystal, tears having tried up, as he looks at Seokmin, "Let’s date,"

 

~<*~*>~


 

"Are the grooms ready?" The cameraman asks as he goes to the back looking through all his possessions.

"Don’t you mean, bride and groom?" Soonyoung jokes, as he enters the room.

"Yah, what bri-"

"You, you're the bride," Soonyoung cuts in, while his eyes glisten looking at Mingyu with a mischievous grin playing on this lips.

"Soo-"

 

"Seungkwan!" Soonyoung laughs, seeing the youngest of their friends. "where are the other two?"

"They are still on their way,"

"Come and join us,"

Before Seungkwan could argue, he is dragged by his two hyungs. And placed so he is standing beside them.

 

"Smile"

 

A click of the camera sends Seungkwan blinking fast trying to overcome the sudden direct hit of flash upon him.

 

"One more," The photographer says frowning after looking at the awkward poses the boys had showed.

"Say Soonseok ta-"

 

The camera man is disturbed, with a swish of doors. Laughter fills the halls, as two figures walk in arms linked.

"Minnie stop," Wonwoo gasps as he slaps the younger boy who is smiling, eyes disappearing into crescents.

Minnie?

"Okay, okay anything for you master," Seokmin replies earning more hearty laughter from Wonwoo.

"Are these the other two best men?"

 

Seungkwan noticing the sudden tense atmosphere, nods and calls the newcomers over.

"Okay, due to height differences I’ll have… er Wonwow was it?"

"Wonwoo,"

"Yeah Wonwow, come over here, and Seokmean is it? Come here,"

"Seokmin," Wonwoo replies, rolling his eyes.

 

A lot of shuffling and readjustments later, the boys are all seated perfectly. It looked like a family picture. Seungkwan was asked to stand in the middle, being the smallest and youngest of them, making sure he didn’t take too much of the spotlight away or too little. The camera man thought (he had thought incorrectly) Seokmin and Soonyoung were a couple. So he placed Seokmin and Soonyoung on the sofa, whilst Mingyu and Wonwoo stood beside their respective ‘partner’.

 

"It feels like a family photo," Seungkwan mutters.

 

But, are we a family?

 

"Okay congrats, the photo came out well, now I’m off," The cameraman says as he quickly packs up, and before the boys can register what is happening he’s quickly shuffling al-

"Ji-hyung!"

 

The camera-man stops in his track, eyebrows knit in pure annoyance.

"Mingyu, how many-"

 

"Sorry sorry, but you do realise the wedding is yet to start… right?"

"Ye… Oh…"

"Seungkwan, show Jihoon hyung, the wedding hall,"

 

"When does the wedding start?"

"In half an hour,"

"I’ll be out for a bit, then," Seokmin says, bowing slightly before walking off.

Wonwoo looks at Soonyoung and jerks his own head in the direction of Seokmin, saying he will follow.

 

~<*~*>~


 

"Seokmin-ah?"

 

Wonwoo rushes out immediately to find Seokmin sitting on the rooftop, looking up at the sky.

"You know you’ll get your suit dirty.. right?"

Seokmin sighs in response, "If I do what will it matter, it’s not like I’m there marrying Soonyoung is it?"

 

Wonwoo’s eyes soften and he hums in response not knowing what to say to that. It wasn’t like he wasn’t hurt he was in the same position as Seokmin, only his love has been said more than once, and Seokmin keeps everything locked in being worried and scared.

 

"Hyung, why doesn’t it hurt you?"

"Min-ah when I said let’s date I meant it as a way of recovering, but do you know why I put it off?"

 

Seokmin shakes his head, eyes now solely on Wonwoo.

 

"When you love someone you will want them to be happy. Any form of revenge goes out the window, when you realise that when they are with you they are not as happy as when they are with someone else.That alone makes us leave them and grant them the happiness they truly deserve. Dating you will bring no use because I’m not looking for revenge, and neither is Mingyu. We are both in love with different people, so why date someone just to fill a gap in our hearts when clearly our hearts is not with us, to begin with?"

 

By the end of Wonwoo’s confession, Seokmin has completely broken down the wall that he worked hard to built. What use was there to cry when everything was falling apart.

 

"Oh Min, I didn’t say this all to make you cry," Wonwoo whispers in alarm. He crouches down and sits down on his knees. Putting his arm around the younger, he pulls him close and hugs him.

Seokmin grabs hold of Wonwoo as he tightens his grip, slightly crying into his friend’s chest.

"Shh shh, I’m here. Whatever happens I will always be here, let’s rely on one another until the end."

 

Just at that moment the balcony door swings shut, not before Wonwoo could see who had left.


Soonyoung.


Autor's note: Sorry for the looong wait. Computer wouldn’t work, but now I’m back. Expect a happy ending, this isn’t angst, don’t worry.
Request by PeriwinkleXO- hope you like it~
Thanks for waiting patiently! Until next time!