9.0 A little Close(r) [Request]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

Key:

Italics: thoughts

Bold: Chinese


They say that, it would be destiny’s fault, if your soulmate ends up as your best friend instead of as your lover. They say being best friends, was a promise and not a label. They say once you find them, it’s important to never let go…

But Minghao wanted to let go.

He wanted to forget about everything and move on….

… after he had given it a try, and failed.

Because he didn’t want his best friend to be his brother, or even his best friend, he wanted him to be a little closer. Even closer than being ‘just friends’.

~(*~*)~

“I don’t care, anymore Jun, it hurts, and it hurts a lot, to know I’m worthless to you,”

“Why-”

“Why?” Minghao lets out a bitter laugh, “because I love you, ,”

“... Minghao-”

“I love you, a heck lot more than you know and are aware of, I’d-”

Without giving time for Minghao to finish his sentence, silence instead answers…

~(*~*)~

Jun has always been known, as the prankster of his group, even though his face otherwise states. He was always coming up with funny and whacky ideas to get everyone buzzing with excitement. His pranks ranged from being ridiculous to outrageous. But he always had everyone laughing at all times.

That is until today.

~(*~*)~

Jun and Minghao were fated to meet, they first encountered one another when Minghao initially moved to South Korea. Minghao spent it worrying and wondering what school had in store for him, but in reality he had nothing to worry about. The first person to make him feel welcome had already won a piece of his heart.

Minghao bites his lips as he looks around, wondering what on earth he was doing in this foreign country. How am I supposed to survive in here?

“Hi!” A voice resonates in Minghao’s ears, surprising him, as he looks to his side, to see a fairly tall boy, his fringe covering and making up most of his face. He smiles, and looks like he’s ready to bounce onto Minghao, as the latter retraces his steps a bit.

“Hi..?”

“I’m Junhui, call me Jun,”

“Min...Minghao,” the younger replies, as he watches Jun extend his hand, and waits expectedly.

“Friends?”

Minghao tilted his head to the side, and asks, “f-friends?”

“Friends,”

“You’re Chinese?”

“Yes,”

“How did you know I was?”

“A Chinese can always find another. Besides, I have a feeling we are meant to be soulmates,”

Minghao, blushes yet he doesn’t reject the idea instead he reaches forward and shakes hands with Jun. Something fluttering in his stomach as they initiate contact. Needless to say, the two became best friends, who were inseparable.

~(*~*)~

Jun was always up to some form of a mischief, but he included Minghao in every one of them, it was inevitable. But this time, he had a major prank involved, and he decided to get the help from his friend, his hyung Junghan.

“Are you sure this is going to work?” Junghan asks whispering, in a low voice to Jun.

“Yes, hyung of course, it will work,”

“What if-”

Junghan feels a hand on his lip, and his eyes open wide when he sees that Jun is coming closer to him. “There’s no need for you to say-”

“Hyung?” A voice asks, startling Junghan and Jun so that the latter, causing them to spring apart.

Turning around at the speed of light, Jun is shocked as he sees Minghao, briefly, before he runs off.

“Do you think he might have misunderstood?” Junghan asks, worry filling his eye.

“Without a doubt,” Jun replies, running behind the said boy.

 

Jun soon finds, Minghao with his back towards him sniffing in the background, behind the rest of his group of friends.

, have I really messed up?

 

“Minghao?” Jun whispers, as he cautiously tries to approach the sensitive younger male.

Minghao sniffed, harder when he heard Jun calling him, and he closed his arms around himself. As though closing himself away from Jun and the world in general.

“Did I hurt- okay, stupid question, I’m sorry. I don’t-”

 

“Soonyoung hyung,” Minghao, half shouts half cries in the midst of Jun’s confrontation, causing him to stop speaking.

“Minghao?” Soonyoung, asks looking flustered as he looks between the crying boy and the equally surprised Jun.

“Hyung!” The said boy calls, as he hugs the life out of Soonyoung… no literally.

“Minghao, i-it hurts, please loosen your grip,”

“I don’t want to,”

 

Soonyoung sighs as he looks back at Jun, who was frowning at the sight.

 

“Min-”

“Hyung, tell him, I don’t want to talk to him,”

“Soonie!”

“Minghao- as much as I love to console you, Seokmin, seems to need me too… Jun’s here so…”

Minghao grips Soonyoung’s jacket tighter not wanting to let go, but his fingertips slowly loosen their grip, and he nods.

Soonyoung, gives one last pat, and leaves the room and he leaves the two boys alone, as he pushes the others out with him.

 

“Minghao-”

“I don’t care, anymore Jun, it hurts, and it hurts a lot, to know I’m worthless to you,”

“Why-”

“Why?” Minghao lets out a bitter laugh, “because I love you, ,”

“... Minghao-”

“I love you, a heck lot more than you know and are aware of, I’d-”

 

Without giving time for Minghao to finish his sentence, silence instead answers as Minghao feels a rather wet obje- is that lips on-

 

Jun, what the hell…

 

The kiss is short, rushed and nothing like what Minghao fantasised about but yet he felt flustered, overwhelmed and pleased.

“Stupid, what made you think, you don’t mean anything to me?” Jun asks, as he places his forehead against Minghao’s so his every word hit, Minghao’s lips. Their breathing in sync.

“You were kis-”

“What kiss- that was my… Oh my God… Minghao! Don’t tell me you thought I like-”

“Don’t you?”

“Noooooooooooooooooooo!” Jun sings songs, “I think of him as an elder brother. Besides, I don’t need to fight with Jisoo hyung. Besides you don’t need to be jealous,” He laughs.

“Why not?”

“I was just discussing something for you,”

“Me?” Minghao asks, tears finally coming to a stop as he gapes.

“I won’t tell you what it is, yet,”

Minghao nods, eagerly happy to know that Jun wasn’t in love with Junghan or anyth-

“So why were you upset- you weren’t jeal-”

 

Minghao clamps Jun’s mouth and smiles mischievously, “being friends is too mainstream, let’s get closer,”

Jun squints, “yeash off coursh-”

“Huh- Oh!”

“Yeah- I-”

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” Party Poppers burst out, and the whole crew, the remaining 11 young boys come in, balloons, gifts, and cake in tow.

 

Minghao’s eyes fill with tears again, and he looked to his left, to see Jun smiling, Minghao pouts and he runs to bring Jun into a bone crushing embrace.

 

“So, what’s our relationship status then?” Jun asks through laughter, as the rest of the group ‘aw’ and ‘no’s finding it unfair that, only Jun gets to be hugged.

“We helped too!” Seokmin shouts, “We want in on that hug,”

 

 

Many cake slices, and opening of gifts later….

“Hyung, it’s all nice, that you’ve got together, but please no more ‘Oh My God,’ you’re-”

“Not supposed to say, ‘Oh My God,’ we get it Vernon,” The others chorus, leading to Vernon pouting, and then they all laugh.

Minghao smiles, and he leans in close to Jun, “Let’s be closer, I’ll call you mine, now,”

 

Jun smiles, moves closer and kisses Minghao, passionately, less rushed but the feelings remain.

“There’s minors here boys,” Seungkwan shouts, causing the boys to turn cherry red.

Yup, I definitely don’t have anything to be jealous off…



Author's Squabble: It's late, I'm so sorry!! To PeriwinkleXO, here's your super late request, school started again, and I'm cooped up with many essays. I'm working on a Jihan slight... angst and the update after is back to Jicheol! Mansae! Sorry, I feel like I lack a lot as a writer, and my fluffy brain is failing my expectations... and yours. Thanks R unnie, for editing! Leave a comment, and continue to support me~~

XOXO,
          Abi

 

1270 words 7099 characters