5.1 Love Oblivion [part two]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

 

 

"Do you, Kwon Soonyoung, take Kim Mingyu-"

 

Seokmin, felt dizzy really dizzy to the point, he thought he wouldn’t be surprised if he fainted or vomited his guts out. He knew he was unlucky, being captured in North Korea, made him realise that, but when he came home, he thought things will change, but all he experienced was heartbreak after heartbreak. All he wanted was Soonyoung, and that was all he couldn't have.

 

"Kim Mingyu!!" A voice shouts stopping the rituals from going smoothly.

"Hyung!" Mingyu replies, eyes widening in panic as he shakes his head.

 

Oh my, please no.

 

"What are you doing there?"

"I’m getting married?" He laughs nervously, aware that the audience were all staring at him.

"I know that, stupid, but where’s Wonwoo?"

"Hyu-"

"Oh my days, Kim Mingy-" Jihoon’s voice is firmly closed shut as Wonwoo comes into view and drags the kicking boy away.

 

"Sorry," Muttering, his apology Mingyu runs after Jihoon and Wonwoo feeling flustered.

 

The wedding hall buzzes, with chaos as Mingyu does not return for more than fifteen minutes, earning a restless Soonyoung, and a uncomfortable Seokmin who decides to sit down.

 

~<*~*>~

 

Even in this thick smoke, the image of you is so clear, My head is filled with countless fantasies after meeting you

 

Soonyoung’s phone causes the silence  to be broken. As he talks the hall pauses, as though everyone is holding their breath waiting for some news to break, anything to break Soonyoung’s silence.

"Oh.. are you sur- okay, okay, I’ll do just that,"

 

Sighing as he ends the call, Soonyoung gets up and walks towards the podium, coughing a bit as he reaches the mic.

"I...I’ve been asked by Mingyu, to get this over and done with,"

 

The hall remain silently, watching and waiting as all eyes remain on Soonyoung.

"There’s something I’ve not been quite honest with, and it's about time that I say it...before everything is done and over,"

 

Seokmin raises his eyebrows, just what is he trying to say?

 

"You all know, how we are given one shot to do everything and make good use of all the opportunities and experiences we see on a daily basis. I guess I was a coward, unable to make the person who made my heart beat, that one beat more, that made me laugh and smile, because of how genuine and honest he was. For someone who was able to do all of this and more for me, why am I a coward who couldn’t say the three words, that I wanted him to say back?"

 

Soonyoung blinks back the tears threatening to spill.

 

"Whenever we were together we would head places sitting next to each other in the car, now the car journeys are empty without him or the music. I used to playfully hold his hand, joking around, but now all he does is hook arms with another man."

 

Soonyoung’s eyes diverts from looking straight ahead, and now they are focused only on Seokmin.

 

Please don’t, Soo-

 

"I wanted to tell you how I felt before it was too late, I wanted to just throw myself in your arms and fall asleep looking at your face, because even an eternal sleep after seeing you is better than no sleep at all. People say letting go what you once loved, shows courage, but I’m scared if I let you go, you’ll disappear altogether. So just listen to me now and I’ll say this  for the first time, and I’ll repeat it till death does us apart,"

 

Suddenly the lights all disappear, and the voices cease. One light reappears illuminating the figure in the middle. Illuminating Seokmin. Seokmin gasps, as he could feel the whole hall stare at him and the show that was ongoing.

 

What the-

 

"Before Soonyoung hyung continues, I have a confession to make as well… I’m sorry Seokmin hyung!"

 

Seung-

 

"We apologise to both Soonseok for the setup,"

 

Mingyu and Wonwoo hyung, what the act-

 

"Lee Seokmin, you’ve been through a lot in your life. Even though I haven't been there for you since the beginning,  I promise that I will be there for you until death does us apart."

By now, to say that Seokmin was gobsmacked was an understatement. He was in a trance where he couldn’t tell what was happening at all. Why had Seungkwan appologised, and Wonwoo and Mingyu too? And more importantly where were they? And why is the light shining on me?


"Seokmin? Seokmin? Ya, Lee Seokmin!"


Seokmin blinks rapidly, adjusting to the bright lights, now brightening up the whole room.

"What-"

"Min? Are you okay?" Seokmin looks to his left to see himself laying on Soonyoung’s lap. He tries to abruptly get up.

Soonyoung holds him firmly down with his hands. "You should rest,"

"What happened?"
"You fainted"
"What do yo-"


"Why are you doing this to yourself?"
"Soon-"

 

"You refused to eat, and Wonwoo had to make you eat everyday. Don't think I don't know about what is happening, because I do. Why are you being like this?"

"Soonyoung I... why do you care?"
"What, so you think I'm asking because I don't care? I care so much about you,"
"Not the way, I care about you," Seokmin whispers.
"... what was that?"
"Nothing."
"No, tell me,"
"It doesn't mat-"
"Tell me-"

"I said you..." Lifting his head up from laying on Soonyoung’s lap, Seokmin blinks back tears. He was already at the brink of his breakdown. "YOU... You don't care for me ... the way I care for you. Just then, that was your thanks speech. Why didn't you already tell me you were married?!"

"Seokmin... I-"

"No, Soonyoung, let me speak. I know you guys have already gotten married, Ive seen the wedding ring and-" Seokmin gets up fuming.

"What about you and Wonwoo?" Soonyoung snaps back getting up to level with Seokmin.
"What-"
"You guys are dating too-"
"The hug back-"
"Why would I date someone else?"
"I dont know you lo-"
"Are you blind? Or stupid? Or are you both? Can't you see ever since we met, all I've ever wanted was to make you mine?"

"Seok...min,"
Seokmin falls to the floor letting his tears fall down his face.
"W-w-why can't you see how much I love-"
Soonyoung let's out a gasp, and kneels down. "Min..."
"Don't touch me. Go back to your hus-"

Slapping Seokmin lightly across the cheek, and giving him no warning. Soonyoung moves in closer, watching as Seokmin’s eyes widen in surprise. As though waiting will only make both of them suffer, Soonyoung continues while letting his eyes close, he places a hand on Seokmin’s head. The gap closes as he kisses Seokmin. Seokmin eyes water as he watches Soonyoung take control. Passionately they kiss, before Seokmin forces himself to realise that he is committing a sin.

"Soonyoung, you're marri-"
"Since when?" A voice asks, as Seokmin looks around, the once empty open space, filled with guests.


What the.....

"Hyung?"
"Seokmin... no offence but really how oblivious are you going to be? You and Soonyoung both?"
"Me and Mingyu... are going to be married, actually... Soonyoung has a best friend ring on, and Mingyu has mine," Wonwoo explains smiling, as he has Mingyu holding his arm.
"Wait... what?"
"Idiot, he means, we never broke up, and we planned this day to fool you and Soonyoung,"
"But the marriage?"


"That can wait... let’s sort you two out,"
“So… Lee Seokmin?”

 

Seokmin looks from his friends to the owner of the voice.

 

“What do you say, to making it official, making us official?” Seeing Seokmin panic, Soonyoung talks again, “I want us to work, and I’m willing to wait even a few centuries, if it means I can become yours,”

“...”

“Hyung!”;”Just say yes,”

 

“Soonyoung… I… I want us to work as well, you’ve always had my heart since the beginning and it's only fair that we give it ago,”

 

The guests cheer, as Seokmin hugs his new boyfriend Soonyoung tightly.

 

 


"Do you Kim Mingyu, Lee Seokmin take Jeon Wonwoo, Kwon Soonyoung to be your lawfully wedded husband, respectfully?
"Yes,"; "Certainly,"
"And do you, Jeon Wonwoo and Kwon Soon-"
"Yes," a chorus echoes.

Everyone laughs at the groom’s impatience to get married off quickly.

"Now I proclaim you husband and husband... you may now kiss"

The hall breaks into a riot of cheers, as wine bottles are opened, and the day is celebrated happily.

"Although, who I married off to who, I don't know," The priest mutters to himself.

 


Autor's note: Yay for a happy ending, so who's ready for the bonus chapter to the sequel?
Expect it tomorrow as a thanks for waiting for me
I'm sorry to those who have messaged me, and I have yet to reply... due to my studies, my parents have decided to block some websites on the computer .. aff included. So I haven't been able to reply. My updates are happening thanks to my great friends! So please wait for me, I'll be more active replying when school starts (this thursday //cries//)