1.0: How to pick up, Joshua Hong Jisoo

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •
[25/07/2015]
 
Key:
Bold means English words
Italics are thought processes 

Pick up lines, are supposed to work the first time... right?

So why is it, a certain gentleman, was not easy to pick up?!

What was needed to be done, in order to do pick up, this gentleman?

Maybe, just maybe, all you needed to be was, Yoon Junghan...


 

It was a peaceful, Sunday morning; meaning no schedules for the day, surprisingly, for the new rookie group. All of them were up to different things; some scattered across the dorm, while others headed out to buy food and a few over at the practise studio working on perfecting themselves for the next day.

Junghan, in particular, was laying on his stomach, looking through a list of resources he had been practising late at night for his timely confession. He had mastered up more than one pick up line, in case one failed or did not seem to understood. Junghan even pulled up the courage to ask for help from a fellow member, the one who would probably serve him as help in this situation; the other American, Vernon. He wanted his confession to be unique and different from the tactic Mingyu used on Wonwoo. It's still a bit cheesy, maybe even slightly corny, but Junghan had chosen it so he was going to see it through.

"Vernon?" Junghan called, slicely through the sincerely silent atmosphere, causing the other members to look at Junghan for a second before they returned to their individual business.

"Hyung? What's up?" Vernon enquired, slinging an arm around the older and plopping down beside him.

"I need help, practising... I don't get these words," Junghan whispered, showing the highlighted words to the younger.

Vernon looks at the endless pages of words and looked up at Junghan. ”I should, be heading to practise, S.Coups hyung, would be waiting..." Vernon said scratching the back of his nape as he looked at a loss of what to do.

"It's fine... you go ahead, I'll try again-"

"Nah, I'll help, after all, I want Jisoo hyung to realise you mean business," Vernon replied, beaming into a grin.

In the corner of the living room, Seungkwan watched the scene unfold as suspicious rose of the reasoning behind Junghan wanting to learn English phrases. But most of all, he questioned: Why, Vernon, of all people. Isn't Jisoo hyung, a better option? I mean, aren't they best friends or something.. Something. What really is their relationship status? Slowly, a smirk finds it's way to his lips: maybe this is something worth sharing to Hoshi and DK, I mean... imagine the things that we can find out...

 

"So, you pronounce it, 'dri-ink', drink," Vernon explains slowing. 

"Dreenk?"

"No, dri-ink, d-r-i-i-n-k"

Needless to say, Vernon ended up missing practise. But Seungkwan and his ulterior motive of finding out the truth out, of the kindness of his heart let's their leader know that Vernon is caught up helping a fellow member.

 

By the time, Jisoo returned to the dorm, Junghan is ready to prance on him, not literally of course, with his first pick up line.

"Jisoo?" Junghan welcomed his best friend with an endearing smile, a little too bright in comparison to his usual tired yet gentle smile.

"Mmm?"

"DoyoubelieveinloveatfirstsightorshouldIwalkbyagain?" Junghan asked in a rush as he felt his voice get stuck in his throat. This was not how things were supposed to go! Yoon Jeonghan, are you or are you not a man? Man up!

Jisoo taking off his trainers, looked up with a frown shaping his angelic face. "What did you say?"

Junghan stared down at his best friend and in a deep breath. Well, here goes nothing. "I said, do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?"

Jisoo stared dumbfounded at the elder, who he considered his best friend. Junghan looked back with a seldom expression, regretting the fact that he repeated it or even thinking of such a silly way to confess. Because what he next heard was the least expected thing.

"Yeah-" Jisoo wheezed from keeping himself from falling to the floor and laughing. I have a great best friend, someone who definitely knows how to bring laughter to the table.

Junghan eyes lit up because had Jisoo just said-

"But this time, don't stop," Jisoo, finally letting out the laughter he had held in.

Okay never mind, this was not going to be as easy as it said in the books.

 

~<*~*>~

 

It was nearing to the early hours of the morning. With practise finally over and the members have all eaten, they fall into their dorms all one by one. While waiting for the other members to wash up. Junghan sat down next to an exhausted Jisoo, both of them having only brushed their teeth and washed their faces.

"Even though you are all sweaty, and tired... did you know something Jisoo?" Junghan questioned.

"What is it?"

"You still look pretty damn hot but you'd look even better in my bed." 

Silence filled the entire room and he looked to his side to see Jisoo fast asleep, leaning against Junghan's shoulders. Junghan smiled in spite of himself, his pick up line may have gone to waste but at least he can sleep feeling flattered.

 

Seungkwan decided to enter the room just as Junghan blushed and looked away from Jisoo's face, closing his own eyes and falling asleep. Hoshi and DK peeped inside the room and smiled at one another.

"Sungkwan buddy maybe there is something they are hiding from us," Hoshi replied, smiling in a knowing way.

~<*~*>~

"Jisoo? Jisoo? Jis-"

"Junghan-ah, what is it?" a tired Jisoo asked from under his duvet.

Junghan stopped talking straight as the younger calls his name. This was certainly a first. Jisoo, calling him by his name. Maybe, he did stand a chance after all those failure and not being taken seriously.

"You look like a dream."

'"Mmm? That's cute, thanks."

Junghan stared at Jisoo, trying to see if he was being serious, or-

"But, then you should go back to sleep." Jisoo replied, before pulling the duvet over himself once again.

Junghan sighed, why was this more difficult than it should be. Maybe he should take another way of playing his hidden card. A method that involved his other members without their knowledge, of course.

 

~<*~*>~

 

Junghan had planned his actions precisely, after all, this was plan B. In other words, the last plan he had available. He cornered Vernon first and confided with him of his plans and he agreed to help almost immediately. Junghan, however did not find this suspicious as the younger already said he wanted to help his fellow American find his one true love. But he had another reason behind this action, which regarded a certain Diva Boo. Why? The latter, managed to make Vernon spill the beans on why Jungyhan so eagerly wanted to learn English phrases. Vernon had no choice, it was either tell his evil best friend... or risk the entire dorm knowing of Junghan's desire to learn English from him and not his best friend.

Junghan, nodded at Vernon and alerted him that Jisoo was on his way.

"Vernon? Since, when did you get this beautiful?" 

Jisoo who had just woken up immediately hulled in his step, leg mid-way in barely touching the ground. Had he heard right? Was Junghan using pick up lines on Vernon? Of all people? Jisoo, looked at the two on the sofa, confirming he had indeed heard right and hurriedly walked off, back inside his room.

Junghan, sighed hearing the door shut. "Has he gone?"

Vernon only nods in sympathy, "Maybe he knows, you are messing about?"

Junghan in a deep breath and sighs again, "Maybe..."

Little did Junghan know that Vernon had thought he seen a glint in Jisoo's eyes. Easier mistaken for a tear but he did not want to bring it up in case he was wrong.

 

~<*~*>~

 

Later on in the week, Jun asked Junghan why he was feeling so down. Filling in his Chinese best friend with the details, they planned out a scenario that was bound to get Jisoo annoyed and maybe even been hit with realisation.

Jisoo was eating in the midst of the other performance and vocal units, and looked like he was lost in thoughts. So to make sure he was fully listening, Junghan coughed. Jun had read his mind as he sat beside Jisoo.

"Oh, would you look at that?" Junghan begins, when he oh-so-accidentally trips over his own shoelaces (totally, not planned) and falls in front of Jun (and an amused Jisoo, naturally). "Wow, what a cutie. Where have you been all my life? Tell me, you must be the one for me," Junghan stated, matter-o-factly. Smiling, he gave his hand to Jun as he is hulled up. But before he can continue his monologue, he noticed that Jisoo has finished eating and was working off to the sink.

So much for planned perfection.

Jun patted Junghan's back as he too goes to the kitchen to fetch dinner.

 

~<*~*>~

 

Thanks to Vernon, the next accomplice was their leader Seungcheol, who merrily helped Junghan, knowing how much the latter liked his best friend. This time they were out as a group in the nearest karaoke studio as Vernon had managed to make sure Jisoo sat next to Junghan and Seungcheol opposite, the work flowed much easier than expected. 

"Oh hello there, didn't we go on a date once?"

"Must have been once, I never make the same mistakes twice.” 

The table, which had gone silent, for the first time that night exploded into fits of laughter. Even Jisoo, who had hardly come out of his room when they were at home, laughed while covering his mouth, his trademark.

Junghan stared, nice and hard at Seungcheol. This was not the way it was supposed to go at all. Glaring at the elder, Junghan decided to finish the pick up line efficiently to his strength.

Coughing, to get their attention, the room filled with silence, apart from a few raspy giggles here and there. Junghan spoke up, "Oh really? Funny that, same I don't make the same mistakes again." 

Again, the room exploded with fits of laughter, from every member apart from Jisoo who looked disappointed. Excusing himself, mumbling something that sounded like 'stomach-ache, headache, heading to dorm first.’ Jisoo left the other twelve members. 

Junghan, realising the new turn of events, got up and ran after Jisoo shouting, "I'll accompany him.

 

"~<*~*>~ ~<*~*>~~<*~*>~

 

The walk to the dorm didn't take as long as Junghan had expected; maybe because it was already night (or maybe because it was around the corner). Arriving at the dorm, five minutes after Jisoo, Junghan had to look for the key that they hid and pulling it out from it's hiding place, 2 minutes three point five seconds after, he was not counting... okay maybe he was. But it was the nerves, Junghan can assure you. He let's himself in and closes the door behind him softly. Hurriedly taking off his shoes, as his nerves form butterflies as they flutter in the pit of his stomach, Junghan began to walk to their shared room door.

"Jisoo-" Junghan opens the door, slowly not wanting to interrupt the boy in case he was changing, only he never got to complete his sentence.

As soon as he opened the door to step inside a pair of strong arms pulled him in. Closing the door firmly behind him. Jisoo dragged the elder into the standing in the middle of the room looking full red in the face.

"Why, are you playing games with me?" He enquired, firmly holding Junghan's arms.

"I'm not the one playing, Jisoo-"

"I thought those pick up lines were special... only for me," Jisoo interjected a frown placed in his cherry pink lips. Not that Junghan had stared at his lips.

"But they never worked on you, Jisoo... Why are you so-... I didn't know what I had to do to make you see, I loved you. There, I said it. I finally said it!" Junghan cried, throwing his arms in the air, feeling at a loss. A single tear escaping from his eyes as his eyes shone with the stars filled in them as he looked at Jisoo completely shattered. Waiting for the worst to come.

"Did you really not know what you had to do?" Jisoo questions, knitting his eyebrows together, in frustration.

Junghan shook his head as he inches away, the proximity with Jisoo being way too close being considered as unhealthy for his poor heart.

Jisoo smiled the smile, that Junghan had so effortlessly learned to love, despite what time of day it was. The smile he found so endearingly contagious. Jisoo began to walk closer and closer, to Junghan, finally trapping him within his grasp. He gently wipes away the tears that were streaked across Junghan's face. Then he places his hands on the walls that Junghan has been trapped into, framing the latter’s petite body. Jisoo, smiled a sly smile as he watched the way Junghan blushed so easily.

"All you had to do Han-ah was be yourself," Jisoo said, pulling the elder into a tight embrace. He rested his head into the crook of the elder's neck, feeling the warmth and enjoying how nicely they fit into each other's arms."To answer, your questions, you don't need to walk by again, because I fell for you the very first time we met. I know, I look good, I've heard those words, escaping from your lips a little too many times that it has been embedded into my own heart." 

Junghan smiled and kissed Jisoo's cheeks.

"I think I'll look the best in your loving arms, rather than in your bed," Jisoo laughed heartedly as Junghan's horrified look sank into his head. "Yes, hyung, I heard you," Junghan hit Jisoo softly. "Hyung" Jisoo replied, pretending to be hurt but laughing the next second seeing Junghan's flushed face. "Kidding, ouch- don't okay, I'm sorry. I don't want to look like a dream to you..." He stated, matter of factly. "Because, no dream can define or be as real as this is going to be..." Jisoo moved in closing in on the gap betwee-

"Hyung! Don't scar the kids," Seungkwan shouted earning a nudge by Vernon. The boys, spring apart to see the rest of their members all tumbling into the room one by one.

"Congrats, took you long enough," Hoshi said with a knowing smile.

"Well, I have to say I'm proud you guys made a move.. but please do not create disturbing scene-" Seungcheol joked, laughing.

"Hyung!" Jisoo and Junghan exclaimed in unison, sending the rest of the member's in howling laughter.

"Hyung, we want to hear your confession too!”

"I love you too, Yoon Junghan and nothing can change that. Next time you want to pull a pick up line, please make one yourself and try to be less cheesy.”

"Now who's the real romantic?" Junhan laughed, hugging Jisoo once more.

"They are going to be getting lovey dovey, let's leave!" Dino exclaimed, getting a murmur of approval, and the couple are left alone, once again. To finally, talk through the night about how they fell in love.

 

 

Author's  note:

Finally, I'm pretty pleased with how this came out. Okay, not fully satisfied, because there's no humor, but the cheese should be present. Anyone, want some bread with the cheese? Excuse, my silly grammar, and spelling mistakes. I need to go through it later. I made, Angel Junghan be the awkward one in the end -_-' and Jisoo the sly one, lol oh wells... it's a different view, I suppose. Please, leave a comment, upvote and subscribe, to gain my eternal love! Bye for now, my lovelies!