11.3 Our Baby Chan

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

The evening sky was settling itself, as a cold breeze flutters in through the open windows into the dorm.

“Hyung, Han and I'll be leaving now, the others will be back soon. Will you be okay looking after Baby Chan alone?” Jisoo enquires Seungcheol alone as Jihoon had refused to come out of his studio all night long.

Seungcheol smiles, looking at Chan sprawled on the floor in front of the TV colouring in. “We’ll be fine, there's no way this little fella can cause too much of a hassle anyways,”

 

 

Jisoo grins, as he gives a thumbs up, before leaving. Admittedly, initially Jisoo had walked to see Seungcheol with a heavy heart bearing guilt which was slowly eating him up. Seungcheol and Jihoon lately seemed to be shying away from each other and now when it was time for Jisoo and Junghan to help them look after Chan they were assigned off to look for last minute decorations. Alas, Jisoo thought this was the perfect moment to get Jihoon and Seungcheol to open up to each other, but for that Jihoon had to come out of his studio. Jisoo shakes his head with one final look behind him before he leaves with Junghan who had been waiting at the door for him.

 

 

Junghan looks at Jisoo, “You okay, there?”

 

 

Jisoo shakes his head, bringing himself out of his track of thoughts and smiles slowly, “just wondering about Cheol hyung and Jihoonie,”

 

“You too?”

 

Jisoo nods, “I hope Chan is able to get those too to bond somehow…”

 

“Chan has been nothing but good luck to the members, I’m sure he’ll be of great help,” Junghan replies after a momentary pause.

 

Jisoo breaks out into a smile, and slips his hands into that of his boyfriend’s, “You always know what to say,”

 

 

Meanwhile, back at the dorm, Seungcheol has not moved an inch from his seat, despite the movie playing in front of him, his eyes are on Chan as the child colours, but that doesn’t mean he is paying attention. He finds himself thinking of Jihoon time and time again.

 

 

Chan on the other hand becomes less and less interested in his colouring book as the movie becomes more climactic, Chan looks up to the story playing on the screen before him. His eyes lay fixated on the screen, as the couple on screen move begin to kiss. Chan’s mouth falls open as he dramatically drops his crayon. He turns around suddenly to look at Seungcheol.

 

“Hyung,” he says pointing to the screen.

 

Seungcheol, hums in response, his mind still thinking about Jihoon

 

“I want see play,”

 

“Yes, that was a play,”

 

“No, I want see play,”

 

“Ah yes yes,” Seungcheol says, not really paying attention, but well, what would a baby want with a play? “Yeah, why not?”

 

“I want see kiss!” Chan says excitedly.

 

“Ah kiss, yes uhuh.”

 

 

Chan shifts his back to Seungcheol, going to his colouring once again and Seungcheol assumes that that was the end of the conversation. It isn't until a few minutes later that he finds Chan climbing on top of Seungcheol’s lap, placing a makeshift crown on top of the older’s head.

 

Seungcheol looks at Chan in confusion as he feels the top of his head to ensure he hadn’t dreamt up Chan’s actions the last few minutes.

 

“Baby? What’s this?” He asks.

 

Chan blinks innocently before breaking into a blinding smile, “Hyung is prince,”

 

Seungcheol slowly tilts his head to the side, as he asks, “I’m a prince?”

 

Chan nods, and he gets off Seungcheol’s lap, disappearing down the hallway.

 

 

Seungcheol continues to sit in bed, puzzled at what had just happened, he begins to voice his thoughts when--

 

“Jihoon? What’s that…” Seungcheol’s voice trails off into the distant, as he looks at the other male, who too was adorning a makeshift crown much like himself, only it was more feminine looking than his.

 

“Hyung, you two prince and princess,”

 

“What does he…”

 

“I think he wants us to act, Ji…”

 

“Act? Hyung what do you--”

 

“He was watching a play and I think he now wants to see the real thing in front of him?”

 

 

“He wants us to act, that's all good but like surely one of us has to be the princess?”

 

“Jihoonie, be the bigger--”

 

“No, hyung I wont be the bigger person, I’m salt-”

 

“Ji hyung, princess. Coups Hyung is prince,”

 

Seungcheol bites back a laugh and slightly coughs to avoid Jihoon’s glare, “The kings orders, I’m afraid we have to listen,”

 

Jihoon glares momentarily at Seungcheol before sighing, he kneels down in front of Chan and smiles,“fine, so King Chan what is this play about?”

 

“Prince save Princess from dragon,”

 

“That sounds pretty easy to ac-”

 

“And kiss,”

 

Jihoon and Seungcheol stop in their tracks. Jihoon peels his eyes off from Chan and turns to stare at Seungcheol.

 

“He’s kidding right?”

 

“No, I want see kiss,”

 

“He’s not…” Seungcheol concludes looking at Chan and Jihoon in exasperation.

 

Jihoon lifts himself off from the floor and turns to grab Seungcheol and he guides them to a corner away from Chan’s hearing distance.

 

“Coups, do something,”

 

“King's orders,” Seungcheol jokes about. He stops, seeing the look of seriousness on Jihoon’s face. “Are you that worried about kissing me…” he trails off shaking his head.

 

“Seungcheol… it… I…”

 

“Leave, Ji. If it means that much to you, then I'll ask him to change the script-”

 

 

“Seu-” Jihoon stops midway, as Seungcheol dejectedly walks past him and to Chan.

 

“Hyungs, ready? Then… action and play!” Chan says excitedly not allowing for Seungcheol to respond. Seungcheol feels himself being hauled into the setting Chan had quickly thrown together.

 

The setting consisted of cushions piled one on top of each other, as mountains. The sky blue curtains in the living room are pulled close to recreate the sky. A small stuffed dragon  plushie is placed on the side as the Dragon: the villain of Chan’s small play.

 

 

Chan, settled on the edge of the stool, watched the play unfold with a bright smile on his face. As the play went on, Chan's body scooted closer to the edge, his body jumping in anticipation as the scene almost comes close to the end. His body almost tips over as he anticipates the kiss as the main point of the play.


 

~(*~*)~

 

Chan claps his hands in glee as the couple get closer, the  trio fail notice as the front door open up. Seungcheol closes the distance as he can feel his heart pounding, Jihoon on the other hand finds himself unable to wait. Instead of waiting for Seungcheol’s hesitant self, he speeds up the process, crashing their lips together as all caution is thrown out the window.

 

The duo, too immersed with each other don't realize the extra bodies that come in.

 

“Finally,” Junghan begins.

 

“It took you time, to come to this god damn stage-” the voices stop.

 

 

The play is well out of their minds. Seungcheol, forgetting that this was just a show for baby Chan, flings his arms around the shorter male, knocking their crowns from the top of their heads.

 

 

“Ok, woah,” Jisoo speak up, taking the two ‘actors’ out of their heated moment.

 

Both Jihoon and Seungcheol jump apart, Chan giggles as he watches Seungcheol fall to the ground, groaning as he sits on the floor, and brings his arms around his legs covering himself from s.

 

Jihoon looks towards Chan, noticing the 10 extra bodies sitting around the child.

 

“Um..”

 

“Well, go on keep going,” Junghan speaks up.

 

Junghan!” Jisoo says, covering Chan's eyes.

 

Jihoon feels his face heat up, shifting his eyes towards the still kneeling Seungcheol.

 

“Yeah, keep going,” Minghao says. “It’s about damn time guys!”

 

“Language, Minghao.” Jisoo sighs, he wonders if he can manage to cover both Chan’s eyes and ears.

 

 

 

Junghan laughs, watching as Jisoo tries to preserve Chan’s innocence. “Sorry, but it's true.”

 

“Too damn true!” Seungkwan speaks up.

 

“I was beginning to feel frustrated and I'm not even apart of their relationship!”

 

The members continue discussing their two members love life, unaffected by how embarrassed the two in question are. Chan on the other hand tries to swat Jisoo’s hand away, eager to pay attention to what's going on.

 

Jihoon feels the embarrassment seep into him, but he feels undeterred as he turns his back towards the members in discussion, closing the distance between him and Seungcheol.

 

“Cheol…” Jihoon speaks up, grabbing the attention not only from Seungcheol but the other members as well.

 

“Shhh, I think they're starting again,” says a voice within the audience.

 

“Is it? Shh ok I think it is,” another one pipes in.

 

“Cheol,” Jihoon begins again.

 

Seungcheol looks up at Jihoon, cheeks significantly red. It then hits Jihoon that this is the perfect opportunity to get closer to Seungcheol, well in front of the other members but it's a start as well.

 

“They're waiting for the conclusion,” Jihoon says, a smirk growing on his lips.

 

Jihoon pulls Seungcheol up from the floor, fixing their crowns which were thrown carelessly on the floor. The room becomes quiet as all eyes become fixated on the pair.

‘Ok, Seungcheol’ Seungcheol thinks. He knocks the stuffed dragon on the ground, defeating the ‘beast’ and walks over to the ‘princess’ wrapping an arm around Jihoon. With a few more lines said, Seungcheol ends the play with a simple kiss on the other's lips.

 

“The end,” he calls out.

 

“What?!” Junghan speaks up. The other members pipe in their protests, not satisfied with the simplicity of the kiss, but the neither Jihoon or Seungcheol care to redo.

 

Chan, meanwhile squeals in excitement, clapping his hands in joy as he enjoyed the resolution of the play. He little feet patter over to the stuffed dragon, copying Seungcheol’s previous actions.

 

“Hyung!” Chan says, raising his hands up, calling for Jihoon to pick him up. Jihoon looks down to baby Chan, raising the small child on his arms.

 

“Me turn. Me kiss princess now,” Chan says excitedly as he plants a small kiss on the side of Jihoon’s cheek. Jihoon chuckles as Chan wiggles out of his grasp, eager to see if the other members saw his heroic move as he leaves both Seungcheol and Jihoon by themselves.

 

“Well… I'm jealous,” Seungcheol says, earning a chuckle from the younger.

 

“Why?”

 

Seungcheol pouts, “Chan just stole my princess…”

 

Jihoon laughs, rolling his eyes affectionately at the ‘prince’ in front of him. Seeing as how the members are now taking part in Chan’s own version of the play, Jihoon takes the opportunity to grab Seungcheol by the collar of his shirt, bringing him down for a short but sweet kiss.

 

“There, I'm all yours again,” Jihoon says as he takes a smiling Seungcheol by the hand to watch their member's take part of Chan's second play.

 

 

Junghan pulls Jisoo towards him into a back hug, "Now this, is what we've all been waiting for,"

 

"My kids have all grown up," Jisoo pretends to wipe away a tear as his eyes gleam in happiness and pride.

 

 

Seungcheol astonished looks as Jihoon in surprise, and blankly opens and closes his mouth. "What the...?"

"I'm sorry, hyung. I... earlier I didnt meant to seem like I didnt want to kiss you, I mean its not like that's all I think about- wait, I mean, I just..." Jihoon's words fizzle out and he looks down suddenly shy.

 

Seungcheol blinks and looks at Jihoon a growing smirk finding its way to his lips, "You think about kissing me?" He asks, ignoring the whoops and ahs, from his fellow band mates.

"N-n-o... y-yeah okay maybe," Jihoon stutters shyly, "But--"

 

"Oh, please tell me more,"

"Seu-"

"Jihoon," Seungcheol's voice turns stern out of the blue, this results in Jihoon looking at the older male, "Why have you been avoiding me lately..."

Jihoon squirms under Seungcheol's gaze, "Coups, I... I'm sorry, its been selfish of me, but I didn't want to remain in a relationship that had no clear... there," Jihoon sighs. "I didn't want to not have a label about what we were,"

 

"A label?"

"We had a some relationship, we acted as a couple for gods sake, but we didnt think that of-"

"Did you avoid me because you... wanted to become official?"

 

Jihoon groaned this was not how he wanted to tell Seungcheol, they kept their relationship a secret but this was not how it was going to come out in the open.

"You're an absolute idiot,"

"I know-- wait why?"

"I was waiting for you to be ready, to become offical,"

Jihoon tilts his head in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"We always dated in secret I thought you weren't ready..." Seungcheol replies.

"Hyung, you never seemed to talk to me in public-"

"Ill make it offi-" Seungcheol stops talking and instead clicks his fingers and Chan's views are abstracted once again by Jisoo whilst Seungcheol pushes Jihoon and caves him into the nearest wall. "Choi Jihoon, from this second onwards you are mine," He says before sweeping Jihoon off his feet with their first official kiss.

 

"Hyung, me see!" Chan squeals, and Junghan pulls Jisoo in closer, allowing Chans view to be open once again.

He laughs as he sees the two boys kiss but frowns momentarily, when they break apart. 

 

Seungcheol rests his forehead ontop of Jihoon's, "I love you, always and forever!"  Jihoon grins, "I love you, more" as he hugs his boyfriend.

 

Chan races across the room and squishes himself in between Jihoon and Seungcheol, "I lub Hyung too!"

GROUP HUG!" Jun exclaims and runs towards the trio.

 

Chan laughs as he feels himself sandwiched between his 12 loving hyungs, all smiling so brightly.

 

 

 

Everyday they spent with Chan today was no different. He brought upon another precious miracle to them. Chan was really like no other. And the boys wouldn't trade him for anything.

 

 



HAPPY NEW YEAR, Carrats! Thanks so much for waiting for this lazy author-nim! But here it is, start the year of well haha, I spent hours finishing this off. Its almost 6am and I have yet to sleep... I wanted to give this chapter to you before I slept so here it is! Sorry its long overdue, uni life . I wish you all a very happy 20SEVENTEEN and hope you all succeed down the paths you head down. Thanks for making 2016 great lets make 20SVT even better! Fighting!! Thanks Lizz who without this chapter wouldnt have been published today! Ily (She wrote half this chapter, so kudos!)

XOXO,
         Abi