7.0 Be my Jelly, baby? [Special Request]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

“Hyung!” A voice whines from under the many piles of pillows, all towering over his head. “It’s late, go and sleep, please,”

 

“Just a little while more, Chan,”  His friend cuts in.

 

“Aren’t you sleepy?”

 

“I am,”

 

“Then sleep,”

 

“I need to finish this assignment today, before the new roommate comes,”

 

“Oh yeah,” Rubbing his eyes gently, the young boy sits up in his bed and looks around, to his empty side of the room. “Seungkwan and Vernon hyung will be my roommates tomorrow,”

 

“Yeah... do you really have to move?” Dropping his pen neatly on his notebook, Junghan looks back to see his friend. The kid who had been like a younger brother he never had. “I mean this Jisoo or Jiboo guy can always sleep on the floor? You know how I am with new people…”

 

“Hyung he can’t be that bad, it’s Joshua I think? I’m sure you’ll be great friends. I mean, don’t you meet new people for a reason?”

 

Nodding his head, Junghan agrees, as he usually does, listening to the soothing words of the younger. “Chan-ah sleep, hyung will up for another hour at the least,”

 

“It’s okay hyung, I just realised I have to add something to my assignment too,” Chan replies, hopping off his bed, and sitting on the floor by the coffee table.

 

“Don’t say things to keep my company,”

 

“No, hyung, look I have work,”

 

“Where, let me see.”

 

“Oh would you look at that? Hyung you finished the last packet,”

 

“Huh?” Getting distracted, Junghan looks at the packet on the coffee table, “WHAT! LEE CHAN WHEN DID YOU FINISH EATING IT ALL? WHY-”

 

Reaching forward, and shutting his hyung’s mouth, “Hyung, shush, it’s past 2 in the morning, the warden will come and get us told off. Besides, why are you accusing me?” Chan responds back, with his eyes going all big as he pulls his ‘puppy that got stuck in the headlights’ look.

 

Junghan responds with shaking his head, dramatically, “Whoth saidth I wasth accusingth youth?”

 

“Hyung?”  Chan asks back, realising he was still covering Junghan’s mouth, Chan’s squeaks before removing his hands. “What was that… hyung?”

 

“LEE CHAN, IF YOU EVER- okay, okay,” Taking a deep breath from his shouting mania Junghan resumes, “If you ever do that again, I swear to.. to Jelly Baby heaven, that I.. I will refuse you any hugs, yeah… that’s what I will do. Actually no, I will hug you whenever you, ask, my poor kid. I will actually….”

 

Chan couldn't help but stifle his laughter, watching as his hyung thinks of his potential ‘punishment’ which ended up being something he couldn’t carry at all.

 

“I will stop sharing my jelly babies with you,”

 

Chan gasps, “No… way. Hyung?!” Chan starts to fake whine, as he huffs, folding his arms in front of his chest in a childish manner.

 

Junghan smiles, thinking he had hit the target, (being completely oblivious, that his ‘kid’, is capable of buying himself, the very Jelly Babies), “that reminds, me, I’m going to buy some more, wanna come?”

 

“I’ll pass, hyung, my heart needs time to recover from the possibility that I won’t get to eat Jelly Babies, any more,”

 

“Suit yourself,” Junghan says, although he ponders whether to tell Chan he was kidding or not. “I’ll be back in five,” Junghan winks, at his younger friend, before closing the door behind him, very silently, ensuring the warden doesn’t hear him.

 

The walk to the 24/7 supermarket isn’t as bad as Junghan had expected, seeing as he doesn’t have far to walk from his room to the exit. Even if the warden catches him, it won’t matter, because being a senior at Pledis high enables him to walk outside until 3:30am, the latest. What made it even quicker to get to his destination is his fairly long limbs in the form of his legs, speed walking occurs easily for Junghan, who had often narrowly escaped his warden, when he was a junior… ahh those were the days.

 

“Yo!” Junghan greets the boy behind the counters who raises his hand in acknowledgment, seeing Junghan.

 

“Jelly Babies, again?” The cashier asks.

 

“Well aren’t you a smart one?” Junghan sasses back.

 

Laughing the cashier, responds, “Hyung, did something happen for you to be this cranky?”

 

Junghan’s frowns disappear with his laughter, “Jihoon~” He cooes, “The Jell-”

 

“Finished?” Jihoon responds, face morphs into one of feeling bad. “There’s three more left, go and get them, then,”

 

Junghan, salutes, as his face lights up. One for me, One for Chan and one… for… Ch- never mind, one to share…

 

Junghan freezes, just as he turns the aisle and sees a figure holding some packets. Shrugging, and thinking nothing of the packets, Junghan heads over to where his beloved snacks were placed-

 

Were.

 

They are no longer there. What the actual- Panicking and mind full of concern, Junghan gets up and falls head first from the impact of hitting something, hard. Expecting himself to fall onto the cold and wet (remind Junghan to tell Jihoon the idiot off for mopping the floor, knowing there will be guests, later) floor. Only, whatever hard he had collided with, ending up beneath him, saving him from pain. Eyes closed from the impact, Junghan wonders why his lips feel warm all over a sudden, but also wet, well it could also wait….

 

“Thank god, this-”

 

“Would you do me the favour of getting off me, your royal highness?”

 

Junghan’s eyes widen hearing a voice underneath him, scrambling to get up, Junghan accidentally steps on the stomach of the face that was staring back at him.

 

“Ouch-”

 

“Sorry.Sorry. Sorry!” Junghan steps onto the hard floor, nearly slipping again, to be caught by a strong pair of arms.

 

“Careful.”

 

Junghan could almost swear that he could hear a harmony of Angels, singing to him, and only him. Because damn, wasn’t his knight just handsome..

 

Wait what knight?!

 

“Er… you can let go now,”

 

The stranger, (‘hot stranger’ Junghan’s mind voice corrects) does as Junghan’s asks, and turns, to walk away, not before politely smiling and even bowing.

 

Almost, forgetting about the reason he came to the supermarket for, Junghan decides to go back to the exit when something flashes in his mind.

 

“HEY! HEY!” Shouting to the best of his ability, Junghan waves his hands around, as though the stranger can see him, using his hidden eyes at the back of his head.

 

At last, the stranger stops, “What is it?” He asks without turning around.

 

“Do you.. do you perhaps have something that belongs- I mean, have you paid for your items yet?”

 

“No, why?”

 

“Let me pay, as a thank-”

 

“No need,”

 

Junghan scoffs, he dares reject the Yoon Junghan’s offer?

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Running, at full speed, Junghan jumps and leaps into the air, and manages to hull himself onto the stranger’s back.

 

“Hey, what are you doing? Let go this isn’t the time to be play-”

 

“Yah, you punk does this seem like a game to you? Where do you think you are off to?”

 

“To pay? I don’t want you to pay-”

 

“Who said I will pay for you?”

 

“Just then, you-”

 

“Yah! Listen here, give me the-”

 

“Let go, just let go, you strange, sir,”

 

“Strange sir? Yah this punk- give me back what belongs to you,”

 

“Why.. why do you sound, like I stole your first kiss from you or something,”

 

“Kiss?”

 

“Omo, don’t tell me that was your first kiss,”

 

Junghan jerks his head to the side, and thinks, kiss..? Surely he wasn’t making this… up.

 

“YOU MEAN, THAT TIME.. WHEN… Oh my jelly babies…”

 

“You had your first kiss today too, then? Wow, what luck,” The stranger says, even though he can’t see the boy who was still on his back.

 

Junghan hearing the boy speak so casually, as if it wasn’t a big deal.

 

“Right that’s it?”

 

“Have you finally decided to get off me?”

 

“No, you my friend, are about to face the wrath of a God,”

 

“What do- Oh my, no no, what are you- get off me,”

 

Junghan decided that just by sitting on the said enemy will not accomplish anything, therefore he decides to start kicking the boy from his seat on his back.

 

“Giddy up horsey,”

 

“What the… how old are you? Five? Get off,”

 

“Yes, in fact, I’m two, now giddy up,” Junghan decides to play, along, and become a kid, that even Angels will deny to look after. He was going to be, the ‘kid from “hell”’.

 

Anything to make this stupid stranger, (‘hot stranger’ his voice interjects) give back my Jelly Babies.

 

What seems like, an eternity after, the stranger puts up his hand, “okay okay, I surrender, what do you want?”

 

“Hand over my jelly babies,” Junghan says triumphant written all over his face.

 

“Why didn’t you say that before?”

 

“You never, asked, punk?” Sassy Junghan replies, sticking his tongue out (not like the stranger can see…)

 

Wordlessly, the stranger hands over the packets-

 

“This is just two, where’s the other one?”

 

“That’s all…” He sighs, “I have,”

 

Debating whether to trust the thief or not, Junghan choose the first option, and gets off of him, “If you listened we wouldn’t have had this problem,” Smirking Junghan leans in close, “Where there’s Jelly Babies, expect me close by,” Clapping his hands, and  turning to leave Junghan smiles his first and foremost creepy obsessed smile.

 

What, a weird stranger sir indeed.

 

The stranger, however despite the creepy aura and threat, was it a threat, that Junghan left behind, was strangely amused. Very amused indeed.


 

“You do know, hyung there’s three minutes and counting left befor-”

 

“Already? Jihoon hurry, hurry!”

 

“Hyung… I’ve been done for a minu-”

 

“Okay, thanks for ignoring the rukus… er back there, thanks and bye!” In a dash, Junghan rushes out before, stopping midway, and peeking back into the super market, “Jihoon?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Are you sure, it was three packets?”

 

“Did I say, three apparently a packet was brought just before you came hyung,”

 

“Ah, I see. Night Jihoonie,”

 

“Laters, hyung,”


 

Getting outside, Junghan is washed with the sudden change in temperature, woah is it cold. Starting to jog, his way back to the dorm, a voice brings Junghan to stop, again.

 

“Hey, Stranger sir!”

 

Junghan whips his head back, to see the stranger from earlier…. only-

 

“Look what I have!” A quick flash was all that was needed, because Junghan having his unhealthy obsession knew better than anyone that it was-

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Junghan screams on the top of his lungs, if the screaming back in the super market was loud, this beated all Junghan’s cries.

 

Sticking his tongue out, and letting out a laugh, the stranger dashes, off. The alarm bell, in Junghan’s head not allowing him to chase the other, as he stalks off to his room, no longer worried off the warden, as his head is filled with pent up anger.

 

This Jelly Babies thief, watch when I get my hands on you… but my isn’t this a first? A rival for jelly baby, is this a friend or a foe?




 

“Hyung, get up, get up~” Chan was whining, at Junghan, it was already 8:30am, and although classes didn’t start soon, he had the duty of touring his new roommate and he had to do it, today.

 

“Five more minutes, Chan-ah…”

 

“Hyung, you’ve been saying that for the last hour, come on.”

 

If his aegyo didn’t work on Junghan, Chan always ended up pulling his friend, until he listened and got up, to take care of his business.

 

“I’m up, Chan…”

 

“Hyung!”

 

“I’m joking, okay okay… toilet…”’




 

“Okay, Yoon Junghan, here’s his timetable and the touring list. He’ll be here- well talk of the Angel, Hong Jisoo this is Yoon-”

 

“Stranger sir?”

 

“Jelly Baby… thief?”

 

“Thief?”

 

“Ah, not literally Ms. Ahn,” Junghan lets out a nervous chuckle, although his eyes never leave, ‘Jisoo’s’ and vice versa.

 

“Anyways, take care of your roommate, okay?”

 

“Yes, ma'am,”

 

Junghan, decides to keep his communication limited, after all, wasn’t he not good at making friends?

 

The touring comes to an end, with minimalistic to no talking amongst them, although Junghan was dying to know, why Jisoo kept staring at him, whenever he spoke.

 

“And this is.. our room? Hold on… 1-4-3 but why…”

 

“It’s our room,”

 

“No, no, we must be in another department..”

 

“Red-string wing right? This is our room,” Jisoo was smiling, so brightly now, that Junghan could almost swear he was about to go blind..

 

“Yeah… but whose-”

 

“It’s all for you,”

 

“Then last-”

 

“Last night, I couldn’t get the last of your gift sorted out, so I had to sneak into the college campus, and buy it,”

 

“How did you-”

 

“Yoon Junghan, I did my fair of research on you, when I found out we were going to be dorm buddies,”

 

“But…”

 

“I knew it was you yesterday too,”

 

“Jisoo… I’m-”

 

“It’s okay, I heard you tend to obsess over Jelly Babies, when you have low sugar…”

 

“...”

 

“So, Junghan, I know this is crazy but: how was heaven when you left it?”

 

“...”

 

“Okay, then… here try some,” Jisoo brings a some candy, from nowhere (literally nowhere), and places it into Junghan’s palm.

 

Junghan nods, and starts to unwrap the candy when.

 

“Wow, honey, you give new meaning to the definition of 'edible’’.

 

Junghan, pops the candy in, and raises an eyebrow, urging Jisoo to continue.

 

“So er.. God gave us two ears, two eyes, two legs and two hands, but he only gave us one heart, and he wanted me to find you and tell you, you are the second one,”

 

Junghan nearly choked on the candy, what the hell, Hong Jisoo?

 

“Oh my days, water water,” in a panic, instead of handing the cup over like any other human being, Jisoo ends up stumbling on his own two feet and the water splashes over Junghan’s face.

 

Nice one, Hong Jisoo.

 

After finding, a piece of towel, and passing it to Junghan, Jisoo gets up and goes over to his luggage, and he takes it with him and heads to the door.

 

“Er… where are you off to?”

 

“I don’t think I’m a suitable partner-”

 

“Jisoo,”

 

“Junghan, I’m sorry,”

 

“No, listen here, Jisoo. Do you know why we are called, the red-string department?”

 

Jisoo shakes his head.

 

“You know of the legendary ‘red string’ right? It represents that love, regardless of whatever obstacles that they encounter, will always end up together.  My old roommate stayed with me, until you were found. And being in this department, everyone is coupled together with their soulmate… didn’t you realise?”

 

Jisoo’s eyes widen with this new fact.

 

“Even though, we are both males, why are we-”

 

“Take a wild guess,”

 

“You mean- you and I are….?”

 

“Let me answer your pick up lines, for that, Mr Hong. Heaven is here, right now, right here with you. I know I make everything look edible… I should become a food cf model… okay jokes aside. It’s too early to exchange ‘I love yous’ right? But it’s never too late, too start our life, together.”

 

Jisoo smiles, his shock beginning to fade away. “To the new start of the Hong-Yoon story, cheers. By the way, I didn’t say I love, all I said was ‘you look hot….’”

 

Jisoo grabs a cup (empty nevertheless), and Junghan smiles as he does the same, “CHEERS!” They chorus.

 

Even though, the first initial impression shared between the two young men weren’t exactly the best, it did end for the better. After being destined to not only, red-string wing but also room 1-4-3 (I love you) was definitely something that occurred, making sure Junghan and Jisoo met. Because they are each other’s destiny.

 

And so their story begins.


 


 

A/N: Happy Birthday, Maddibae (WritingforTheBeauty)! Hope you have a delightful day, filled with happiness galore!! Stay smiling and shining, as you always have been. This is a special to you, for being my special one XD ahaha! (LET THE JIHAN FEELS OVERTAKE YOU… BEFORE TOMORROW!) I know, I released it earlier than your actual birthday, which is the same day as the boy’s comeback, but I thought I should release it as a warm up… kinda thing.Comment, subscribe, upvote and give this one-shot collection love! Next up, is either a Meanie (Special- for the 17th) or a Junhao before that!