2.0: My Bad-luck Charm

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •
[24/07/2015]
 
Key:
Bold means English words
Italics are thought processes 

Being a freshman, at university had perks... sure.
But why was bad luck, following Kim Mingyu everywhere he went?
And since when did, bad luck have the name, Jeon Wonwoo?


"Can't this day... just start over?!" Mingyu asks as he slams his head on to the wooden, newly brought pine table, letting out a sigh of frustration.

"Why? What happened?" a voice asks back, belonging to Mingyu's favourite hyung; his brother like best friend from his group of friends, Lee Jihoon.

“Him."

"'Him' happened?" Jihoon questions, innocently.

"Hyung~!" Mingyu whines as he brings his arms around him and places his head on top as though covering and protecting himself.

Jihoon chuckles and went over to where his best friend was sitting, lightly patting his back. "I was teasing you, but... I really don't know why you are so annoyed that 'he' keeps popping up everywhere. I mean, it's pro-"

"It's in no way a coincidence, hyung!" Mingyu says, suddenly sitting up and hitting his head on Jihoon's chin. This results in Jihoon, oh-so-casually, losing his balance and falling onto the floor.

"Ouch, Ming-"

"Ahh! I'm sorry hyung, here let me help you..." Mingyu mumbles as he continues his reasoning against it being a coincidence. "He literally pops out of the most strangest places, like why was he there at- OhmyJisoos!" Before hulling up his (and forgotten) best friend, a silluhette appears at the door way resulting in Mingyu suddenly pulling his hand out of Jihoon's grasp. 

Needless to say, Jihoon fell with a loud thump to the floor, mumbling, "I'm alright thank you very much, for asking Kim MINGYU,"

Mingyu went across the living room to see who it could be waiting on the outside. All of a sudden, a face appears out of no-where.

"Jisoos!" Mingyu yelps as he stumbles backwards because right in front of him stood the reason he was in such a state. He looks left right and centre, trying to find something to fend off his 'bad luck' or so he calls the other. Just then, however, Jihoon gets up.

"Hyung!" Mingyu shouts, in shock as he watches the elder walk past him and goes off to open the door without saying anything at all.

"Wonwoo? What a nice surprise, what are you waiting for? Flying pigs? Come in, man," Jihoon, says laughing, his precious laugh, that Mingyu oh-so-dearly loved. 'Bad luck', as Mingyu calls, the stranger follows him in soon after.

Mingyu opens and closes his mouth watching his hyung act in such a sarcastic manner with his stalker. Wait, since when did Jihoon know his bad luck? And his bad luck had a name? I thought I was imagining an attractive face to go with my bad luck but he actually exists? Wait, what attractive fa-

"I have an attractive face?"; "You find, Wonwoo attractive?"

Mingyu's train of thoughts breaks when he looks up to see his hyung and his bad luck staring at him both equally dumbfounded. Mingyu gulps, smart one Kim!

"What? No! Who said that?" You did, Kim Mingyu. "Oh, shut up brain."

"Is he alright?"

"He's just under the weather, let's go and work on that project, Won!" Jihoon replies, slinging an arm (whilst he tiptoes) to drags away the older boy towards the sofas of the living room. Leaving a rather flushed and flustered Mingyu to collect his thoughts.

What the hell, just happened?

 

~<*~*>~

 

Mingyu watches from his seat on the sofa (as soon as the two older boys vacated the room, of course) at the door, waiting for it to open and the two males to come. In his head, he had gone through many different methods of worming the truth of out his best friend. Just when he is about to walk towards the door a text messages brings him to a halt. 

From: Jisoos

Mingyu!~ Junghan... he left me behind :(

 

Mingyu frowns. As always, his hyung was being vauge.

 

From: Mingyu~

Hyung? What do you mean? Where's Angel-hyung?

 

A second later, his phone buzzed with another message.

 

From: Jisoos

Han-ah went to the supermarket, and I was feeling lonely. So open the door!

 

Just as Mingyu finishes reading the text, he hears the door bell ring. He sighs as he turns around and heads towards the door and opens it, acknowledging the fact that his gentle hyung would always tell him everything so last minute. Not that it meant he loved his 'Jisoos' hyung any less. Opening the door, Mingyu knew that he would be expecting more than one visitor, he did not however expect to feel someone push him out of the way. Particularly not by the leader of their clique.

Mingyu winces as he rubs his shoulder eyes following the said leader, who is charging straight for-

"Hyung!" Mingyu run and pulls Seungcheol out of the way. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm farming pigs!" He exclaims, blowing his fringe in annoyance, the younger yet taller boy's grip hardening on his arms. "No, but seriously, Mingyu-ah, let go, I want to see what Jihoo-"

"Bad luck, is in there with him," Mingyu replies, sounding dead and simply irritated. 

"Bad luck?"

"Wonwoo or Wonwon that boy-"

"More so the rea-"

"Hyung!" Chan states, warning him with one look.

"Alright- Hey, Mingyu, come here," Seungcheol manages to pull Mingyu off him so that he was now the one dragging the younger to the door. "Shh!" He mutters as he places both their heads on the door frame.

The sounds that were very loudly occupying the room, on the other side, suddenly come to a stop. And before Mingyu can move away, he is caught red-handedly (to his misfortune, Seungcheol had enough time to move away).

"Mingyu? Did you want something?" Jihoon asks in surprise, looking at his friend in concern.

"Eh.. I was just about to call you, to tell you the arr-"

"Jihoonie!" Seungcheol echoes, breaking through the sincere silence going towards the sad younger.

A silent horrified, 'oh no' escapes Jihoon's voice as he quickly tugs onto Mingyu and pulls him along with him. Forces seem to also hate Mingyu this very day, or so he thought. The force, in which he was pulled with, lead to him, losing his balance. Mingyu feels Jihoon's finger's leave his arms and he braces himself for the fall. Closing his hands and placing his hands behind his neck. What? Kim Mingyu needed to look cool at least here. Only the fall never happened. Why? Because, he had fallen, this is not a fairytale, may I remind you, so no, his Prince in armour, did not catch him... In fact, he had fallen on top of a Prince, nonetheless. And no, who said, it was his Prince?

Without a doubt, Mingyu is left wanting the day to end even faster.

 

~<*~*>~

 

After the horrendous event in possibly all of Mingyu's existence, he decided to make sure under all circumstances to avoid the latter. That is until that one fateful evening.. er.. month.

Rubbing his cold hands against each other, Mingyu walks into the nearest coffee shop. Anywhere is nicer than this cold weather!

He walks in and places an order without thinking much and left his name. He was not a huge Coffee fan but wanted to try something different, especially when it was ever-so-subtly hinted by Jihoon that this was his favourite drink. Quickly scribing, 'caramel macchiato- Kim Mingyu' and went to find himself a seat where he could sit down.

"Er... Mingyu-ah♥... Is this yours, sir?"

Mingyu looks up, dumbfounded, did they not just serve their coffee with the name the customer's usually give? He shook, his head slightly, before nodding, "That'll be me," He replies, as he took away the beautiful scented drink. As he takes away his first sip, devouring in the beautiful treat his eyes come into contact with the name that was beautifully crafted across the cup exactly as the waiter had said. He couldn't help but smile and utter, 'cute' because who wouldn't find it endearing to have a fan and now know who. Mingyu is a fan of mysteries after all. But what if, it's that Wonwoo guy? It can't be.. right? I mean, I haven't seen him in aaaaaages... But, I do wonder, where has he been, I'd love to... no Mingyu, no.

 

It was inevitable not thinking of the older, especially when all Jihoon did was mention the latter. It might have to do, with Jihoon's misunderstanding that Mingyu likes (his hyung, had the nerve to think Mingyu would like Wonwoo) the elder. Jihoon and Mingyu were classmates hence why Mingyu suddenly came over. But that did not justify, why all Jihoon uttered was Wonwoo's name. I mean what was so special about him? Everything. There was no lying about it. Mingyu had sadly, under the influence of his hyung, fallen for the beanie wearing elder. Just everything about him said, perfection.

 

Finishing up his drink, Mingyu realises that it stopped snowing so grabbing the drink, looking around quickly, he places the empty cup into his bag, a keep safe for his first cofffee related drink and maybe just maybe he wanted to find out more about the owner of the words. Bidding, a 'Thank you!' Mingyu bows, and leaves, not before, he sees a figure who had been peeping rush and hide once again. Shrugging, Mingyu leaves, thinking nothing of it.

 

~<*~*>~

 

The next time Mingyu enters the shop, he comes equipped because just who was his mystery fan, who sent him the coffee, to his door. The first time he found it cute then repeat orders just made him fully paranoid and nothing but. So he devised a plan and with the help of Junghan and Jisoo, who came for a date he was ready to find out the real meaning behind this. 

"One-"

"Caramal Macchiato and what would it be for you two sirs?"

Mingyu opened and closed his mouth like a fish. "Jihoon hyung?" Well, this would explain why he came home late...

"It's waiter, Lee, sir." Jihoon replies, before returning to the dating couple.

"We will take the couple's special, Hoon-ah," Junghan says, before returning the unopened menu. Wearing, an unfazed expression. "What is it, Mingyu?" Junghan asks, noticing the youngest of them, staring at him.

"How... why?"

"We've been here before, our first date was here," Joshua said, slightly blushing.

Mingyu nods, looks away and sighs. If only he found this secret admirer maybe he can be just like his hyungs. Or he might end up like Jihoon running away from the man that loves him. If onl-

"Your orders," Jihoon says, smirking when he sees the eager fingers of Mingyu pull down his order closer to him, inspecting it. 

Seeing nothing but a usual cup, Mingyu frowns no longer in the mood. Because what if his admirer finally got bored? He suddenly gets up and walks off, ignoring his hyungs protest telling him to sit back down. "I'm heading off first" He mutters, waving and walking sadly down back out of the cafe, bowing his head, as he walks.

"Were you perhaps waiting for me?" A familiar, voice asks and it was not until then, he realised he had tears b, on the verge of crying. Without, even looking, up Mingyu crashes his arms around Wonwoo, and hugs him close. Springing apart just as quickly, upon hearing a 'HOT DAMN!' Unfortuately not because he found Mingyu hot, however he was exclaiming the statement quite literally.

 

~<*~*>~~<*~*>~~<*~*>~

 

"You know, Mingyu, sometimes when you fall in love, little things like this is nothing of a matter." Wonwoo, says, as he looks up at Mingyu from laying on his stomach, finally discharged from the hosptial, burn marks finally beginning to heal.

"I'm so-" Mingyu's words, are silenced as Wonwoo, captures his lips and silences him once more, with a passionate loving answer. Pulling out for some breath, Wonwoo looks at Mingyu.

"I'm sorry if I scared you," Wonwoo replies, "I wasn't planning to stalk you but the first second I saw you, I knew it was love. I thought I could make you fall in love with me through my cheesy actions, regarding the caramel macchiato,"

"You didn't have to because I was in love with you from our first encounter at home,"

"And the Cara-"

"Oh, that? I know it was your favourite, hyung isn't sweet tooth to like it,"

"Did you also know something else?"

"What is it?"

"Nothing is as sweet as you, you are my Caramel Macchiato," 

"And maybe it's worth having a bad-luck charm like you because you repel all the bad luck from me, baby!"

 


Author's note:

I'm sooo cheesy, what is this? I am spoiling you all so much, second fanfic in a row, I'm on a roll, normally I get too lazy to write, but here is my sugar coated, rainbow lollies, share them out *throws it in the air*

How will you feel about the subtly hinted Jicheol couple, getting a sequel to this, being a special chapter, of course?  Comment, yay or nay?

Thank you, all for subbing, keep commenting, upvotes are treasured and subsribtion is loved! Love from, Abi