11.1 Our Baby Chan [part 2]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

“What do you mean, we’re on parenting duties?” Seungkwan asks; as he drops the book he was holding, onto Vernon’s foot (earning a soft, “Boo!” from Vernon).

“You heard me-”

“But, we… we...” Seungkwan pauses, finding a reasonable excuse. True it was their fault for not looking after Chan- they wouldn’t (more like couldn’t) deny that… but why did they have to look after Chan? I mean, are-

“But hyung~” Seungkwan internally cringed; he knew he was going to regret it- nope he was already regretting his course of action- but alas this has to be done. “Hyung, we can’t possibly look after Chan, because technically we are kids ourselves-”

“That doesn’t mean, you can get-”

 

“Hyung~”

Seungcheol stares, there it was again… Seungkwan was doing aegyo, and as much as he wanted to make himself feel second hand embarrassment for , he couldn’t help but feel mesmerised? Okay perhaps he wasn’t- because one look at Vernon’s face and Seungcheol ends up laughing silently. Vernon standing beside, Seungkwan was looking between perplexed and amused, as he watches Seungkwan jump over after his showcase of aegyo.

 

Seungkwan cringed; this is exactly why he doesn’t like aegyo the thing was worthless there was no po-

 

“Okay, you guys pass-”

“YES!”

“For now…”

“N’awwh why?”

“Because you guys still deserve to be punished for not looking after Chan properly,”

Seungkwan’s shoulders slump, “I guess it’s only fair right?” He asks as he looks at Chan, who was soaring through the air courtesy of Mingyu.

“I knew you’d come through, kid,” Seungcheol smiles as he ruffles Seungkwan’s hair.

 

“I’ll leave it to you, to convince your boyfriend!” Seungcheol whispers into Vernon’s ears as he began to walk away.

“Sure thing- hey! What boyfriend?” Vernon called back as his cheeks started to heat up, a crimson blush making their appearance.

Seungcheol, just laughs as he left the room.

~(*~*)~

“Sure, why not? It’ll be fun,” Jun says looking at Chan, a smile spread across his face.

Minghao stared… and he looked around finding-

“Er… Minghao?” Jun began, pointing to the stick that was being thrown down his throat.

“I’m checking you are alright, hyung.” Minghao replied.

 

Watching the two Seungcheol didn’t know if he was supposed to laugh  or cry- or do both.

 

“Yah! I’m okay-” Jun choked in an attempt to jab the stick from out of his mouth.

“Sure hyung,” Minghao daringly replied, before squeaking as Jun captured him and tightly pulled him into his hold.

“Erm… guys?” Seungcheol tried to inter- “Do you know what forget it, just… just carry on whatever you are doing,” He replied, to no-one because the boys seemed to be lost in their own world.

 

Seungcheol shakes his head, and gets up from the sofa beside the atmosphere oozing out too much PDA from the not official yet official couple.

 

“Hyung- wait, didn’t you want us to babysit?” Jun asked looking up.

 

“I don’t want to be dist-”

 

“No, it’s cool; we are all ready to look after the tiny tot!” Jun said jumping up- unfortunately forgetting about his beloved Minghao who was up until then squirming in Jun’s tight (way too tight) hold. Minghao landed with a soft thud onto the floor, Jun looked down, and smiled weakly, mouthing ‘sorry’ before offering his hand to his Chinese love. After pulling Minghao to his feet, instead of engulfing the younger into a hug, Jun placed a hand tentatively around his shoulders, oblivious to the other’s blush, Jun looked at Seungcheol again.

 

“We can help hyung,”

Seungcheol frowned, he wasn’t sure if leaving Chan with these two oblivious love birds would be the best of ideas….

A idea flashed in Seungcheol’s head and he beamed.

“Okay, but on one condition,”

~(*~*)~

 

“I guess convincing Seungkwan didn’t work then?” Minghao whispers half an hour later.

Vernon shakes his head, as he watches Seungkwan’s shoulders slump in defeat.

“He’ll be fine, with time,” Jun replies picking up the food they had brought.

 

Seungcheol decided it would be a great idea to pair the China Line, with the maknae line… sure it’d be a great idea if it wasn’t for the fact that Seungkwan had planned to sleep the day away.

Didn’t Seungcheol say they could babysit after? So why the hell was he out in the cold? Why was he in charge of the day out?

Oh right.

 

“It would let you, become more dependant and grow mature,” He mimicked the leader in his head. Don’t get Seungkwan wrong, he loves adores their leader- but he was being far too mean and picky just because he made one mistake.

The one mistake that meant, Chan was now a baby.

Seungkwan groaned, his guilt would always be present, but then again it was the same guilt that kept him on the right path. He was grateful.

Seungkwan gripped Chan’s hands tighter.

The boys were told to take Chan out for the day- Seungcheol wasn’t specific, he just mentioned somewhere fun. But what sort of places would a child find fun? None of the boys were close to the age of Chan- at least not Baby Chan’s age now anyways. He was 5 and they were much older. More than 10 years older.

The boys finally settled to taking Chan to the nearest park, it was around the corner and it was probably the best place to go as it was nearly evening by now. Seungkwan was left with Chan, even though he protested Jun had stopped him by claiming the food products will be heavy and he won’t be able to carry it all back by myself. So after a game of rock, paper, scissors, in which Seungkwan could swear it was planned, the boys left Seungkwan with Chan.

Now, if this was Seungkwan and the maknae Chan… it would be awkward, although they are both part of the maknae line… Seungkwan and Chan didn’t really interact. It wasn’t because they didn’t like each other… (give me more credit please) but their interests just didn’t add up. They were like chalk and cheese. Seungkwan… in this instant however didn’t feel as awkward as he may have or ought to have felt. It felt calm; he was happy, content even watching the child just sit beside him.

 

Chan had his head tilted and his eyes wide, whilst he looked up at the clouds and giggles with every passing cloud. He occasionally comments, “Sheep, ooh llama… boo,”

“What was that?” Seungkwan asks as his track of thoughts disappears.

Chan looks back, eyes suddenly frightened due to Seungkwan’s sudden loud voice. He cowers behind his hands, yanking his hand from Seungkwan’s grasp.

“Cha-”

Chan shudders, and whimpers… “Bad Chan- I-” He gets up from his spot and starts to dash off.

Seungkwan gasps, and jolts up, surprised at Chan’s sudden course of actions. “Chan wait!”

“Seungkwan? Where’s Chan?!” Jun asks dropping the bags to the floor as he twirls around not seeing the little boy.

“He’s hiding right?” Minghao asks.

“Boo-”

“I los-”

“Chan?!”

“I lost him-” Seungkwan’s lips jitters as his voice breaks.

“Boo Seungkwan! I swear to God, if this is one of your poorly played jokes-”

Seungkwan shudders, hearing the increasingly loud warning filled voice. The voice that he always loved to hear. The voice of his significant other. His soul mate. His best friend. His Vernon.

“I’m no-” Seungkwan doesn’t get to finish because Vernon also drops the shopping and runs off.

“Stay here in case, he comes back-”

“But hyung-”

“Seungkwan… I think you’ve done enough damage,”

 

That really struck Seungkwan’s heart. It wasn’t like he was meant to make Chan cry, he didn’t hate him or anything... he was just not good with children… Seungkwan sighed, he screwed up big time. Letting Chan drink an unidentified potion was one thing- but to scare him away and make him cry? Seungkwan groaned, and started to walk around, pacing all over the park.

Why do I always scr-

Seungkwan stops kicking the stone… he listens intently and hears sobs.

Chan?!

 

Peeping to the side of the slide frame, Seungkwan crouches down to see a cowering small figure.

“Chan?” Eyes widening he reaches the child. The touch makes Seungkwan gasp, Chan’s skin was icy cold. Even though he had a small fleece on. He was chattering but still refused to look at his saviour.

Seungkwan bites his lips and looks around, hand however never leaving the young boy… there was no-one else there… so what does he-

“Sorry,”

 

Seungkwan gapes as he turns his attention back to the boy in front of him, and looks down at him in surprise.

“I’m sorry,”

 

Chan was crying.

 

Seungkwan feels his heart drop, squeezing all his built up regret and he looks at the small boy.

Eyes swollen, tears dried up… but fresh tears were deciding it was time to come back again. He lips starts to tremble, and Seungkwan frails his arms around in sheer panic.

“Don’t- don’t cry…” Seungkwan caresses Chan’s arms. Chan peers at Seungkwan looking relieved now and he nods his head.

“Let’s get you home, ey?” Seungkwan smiles pulling Chan up into his arms and he stumbles slightly before pulling them both up.

 

Seungkwan feels Chan wrap his arms around his neck, and he chuckles softly before taking careful steps as though he is estimating the steps one by one.

 

“Seungkw-”

“I found him…” Seungkwan shouts on the phone.

“Where was he?” Jun asks, relief washing over his voice as he sighs.

“Hiding behind the slide,”

“Okay, we will be there soon,”

~(*~*)~

“What happened? Why are you all- ew is that sweat?” Jihoon asks coming from his personal studio.

“No-”

“What happened?” Seungcheol asks appearing from behind Jihoon’s office- unaffected by the raise of eyebrows from the newcomers. (Jihoon’s office was out of bounds- he never let anyone in there… or so they thought).

“We were running after-”

“Behind Chan,” Jun replies, cutting off Seungkwan.

Seungkwan frowns.

“Who knew he had so much energy,” Minghao replies laughing lightly.

“Yup, who knew?”

“Awwh that’s our Chan I guess,” Jihoon laughed.

“Here let me,” Seungcheol reached over to take Chan from Seungkwan-

“It’s okay hyung, he’s okay…”

 

Seungcheol a little surprised at the fact that Seungkwan was so willing nodded.

 

“Take him to bed, then”

Turning he leads Jihoon back into the studio leaving the four by the door.

“Why did you help me… hyung?” Seungkwan asks.

“I think it’s safe to say... you learned your lesson,” Jun chuckled, ruffling his hair. “We can keep this between the four of us,”

 

Jun was referring to the way, Seungkwan had actually kept his head bowed the whole journey back. If that was touching, the way he refused to give Chan to anyone was more touching. He had learned his lessons alright.

 

Jun follows Seungkwan into the room.

“Do you know why he ran away?” Jun asks.

Seungkwan shakes his head. One thing that still struck him was why did Chan cry?

“He’s a baby still… he can get startled by sound… did you perhaps snap or?..”

“Hyung, I’d never snap... oh my God. I asked him to repeat what he was saying but I said it suddenly,”

 

“Then, that’s our problem,”

The new voice gains the attention of the two boys, and they see Vernon standing by the door frame.

“Vernon.. I-”

Vernon shakes his head, “It’s fine, hyung. I shouldn’t have shouted at you… regardless of what happened.”

Seungkwan shakes his head, “You don’t unders-”

“But I do, we all made mistakes, we should have all stayed together to look after Chan…”

Seungkwan sighed, he knew Vernon meant well, of course he did. He always meant well. Vernon and Chan were really close, to the point the others call them soul twins. It was only normal for him to be overprotective of the brother he never had. And now… Seungkwan not only damaged his relationship with Chan but… he might have lost Vernon’s trust, love and maybe even Vernon himself.

~(*~*)~

“Guys, turn the lights off, I think we can call it a wrap for today,” Seungcheol says walking into the living room, Jihoon in tow (cheeks dusted pink- they all noticed).

“Where’s Chan?” Jihoon asks eyes scanning the full view of the living room.

“Asleep,”

“I’ll joi-”

“Too late, Seungkwan already requested to sleep beside him,” Jun says laughing.

“Hyung, stop hugging me so tight!” Minghao huffs from under Jun’s hold.

“Never!” Jun roars, before laughing mechanically and peppering the younger boy with butterfly kisses.

“Ugh, too much PDA!” A voice grunts before a pillow whacks Jun on the head.

~(*~*)~

It was past 11 o’clock, and the boys had all decided to stay up for Seungcheol and Jihoon to return from the studio. Everyone apart from Seungkwan and Chan who had been in the cold for too long. They had initially fallen asleep, together but the voices had woken them up again. Chan was laying on his back, laughing and looking up at the sky. Seungkwan was softly gazing at his younger brother, with love and admiration.

“Kwa,” Chan squeals.

“What was that?” Seungkwan suddenly jolts up and stares at the boy.

“Kwa-hyung,”

Seungkwan smiles fondly at the boy- maybe just maybe baby Chan was more than a perfect opportunity definitely something they both needed- to bond. He hugs the boy closer to him, as he kisses his forehead.

“Let’s sleep shall we Baby Chan?”

Chan nods, and lets out a little giggle.

 

“Cute,” Seungkwan laughs again.

“You’re both cute,” Vernon mumbles, pulling closer to Chan, sandwiching him between them. “I’m… sorry about earlier Boo,”

“No- I’m-”

“Let me talk, silly,” Vernon says poking Seungkwan’s forehead. “I’m sorry I jumped the train in regards to Chan… you know I really love you right?”

Seungkwan nods and hums. “Me too,”

“Good… but really you both are really cute,” Vernon states along with a wink.

Seungkwan blushes, “h-hey, we have a baby here,”

“So? I was calling my little brother cute as well,” Vernon grins his voice filled with a teasing tone.

“Sure” Despite the monotone Seungkwan used he couldn’t help feel as though he could combust. He had grown attached to Chan so quickly- protective even… and now everything was more than normal with Vernon. What else can he ask for?

“Lub you,” Chan squealed, before promptly closing his eyes, following Vernon into slumber.

That. He could ask for that.

I’ll be a better hyung, Chan-ah



A/N: Second chapter...  let me get them facts straight… this was never meant to be heavily Seungkwan biased- I swear but then this just came from nowhere so I thought, hey why not? Honestly I struggled alot with this chapter… so I hope it makes sense and such… (Not beta'd... mistakes clearly visible...)Thank you for the comments and patiently awaiting this dork of an author *bows* All jokes aside… how was it? And guess the couple(s) we will be seeing next... (K, this chapter is for you!)


 

XOXO,
        Abi