11.0 Our Baby Chan [part one]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

Key:
Italics: thoughts


You don't need words to tell someone, you love them. 
All you need is to act.
And that's exactly what Seventeen did.
For Chan.


 

“We could order this? I mean, it would be great for...”

 

The room was crowded, all the boys were busy at work, as they were flicking through different magazines, and websites organising a birthday party. Even though, all the boys were drenched in sweat, (a lot for an early morning) they refused to take a breather as they ran around, trying to finalise their plans. All of the boys apart one. He was the only, one who was not told what was happening, but from recent conversations it wasn’t hard for him, to see that they were so busy they nearly and well are beginning to forget about him.

 

In the corner, of the room with his head tucked, as he laid it on his knees with his arms protectively around his head, Chan sat alone, isolated.

 

Chan was not moping; I mean why would he be? Wasn’t he the bright maknae of Seventeen? Ri-

 

No

 

Chan was sulking, it was inevitable.

 

The people, who he admired and looked up to the most after his parents, had completely forgotten him. His hyungs had forgotten about their baby Chan. Normally, Chan would understand, being in a group of 12 other boys it wasn’t easy to stand out, and it was only fair that he didn’t seek for their attention at all times. Chan usually would feel like a burden so instead of asking his hyungs to change something because he couldn’t do it, he would man up, and give it a go. When his hyungs were doing such difficult tasks and sacrificing themselves so that the group will be happy. He would always want to be there for them, like they are there for him… but lately he felt so alone. All of his hyungs were busy and usually they had their own partners with them… whereas who did Chan have? He only had his hyungs. The same hyungs who seemed to have forgotten that his birthday was coming up too… was it all too much for Chan to want to be with his hyungs?

 

Apparently it was.

 

Chan had been waiting by the corner for about, an hour 43 minutes… not like he was counting the seconds away or anything. Just as his eyes was beginning to droop-

 

“Chan? Baby Lee?” Chan felt someone ruffle his hair, and he clenched his arm tighter around himself; as Junghan asks.

 

“Hyung,” He murmurs, but he doesn’t lift his head.

 

“Why are you sitting here, Chan-ah?” Another voice, one that belongs to Minghao asks him.

 

Junghan not allowing for Chan to speak, wraps his arms around the younger, enveloping him into a warm tight love filled hug, “did no one allow you to work?” he jokes. What Junghan did not expect was for Chan to look at him. Not with dried tears streaked along his face, anyways.

 

“Hyung,” Chan, says showing his face for a brief second, before he lets his head hit Junghan’s chest as the elder boy wraps his arm around him, startled.

 

Minghao unable to offer soothing words, watches in worry and sorrow, as he pats Chan’s back, “it’s okay,” he repeats these words like a mantra.

 

Junghan nods, “Chan-ah, what happened?” Before he could get a reply he feels light snoring coming from the said boy. Although worried, Junghan and Minghao can’t help but crack a smile as they look away from the boy and at each other.

 

For as the hyungs they knew, Chan well, even if he is hurt he would rarely speak about it and let his hyungs go about their days without having to worry about him also. So, to see him in a state is upsetting, it breaks their heart without a doubt- but for now it can wait.

 

The two boys manage to heave Chan, somewhat and move him into his room, and gently place him on his bunk bed. Minghao runs to get the duvet, as Junghan crouches down beside said boy, and gently pats him. Moving Chan’s hair away from his face, Junghan smiles seeing the way he looks so peaceful, without a worry in the world. The way he should be.

 

Minghao returns with the duvet and they proceed to tuck him under the blanket.

 

“Us hyungs will always are here,” He whispers as he gets up to leave, Minghao nods.

 

~(*~*)~

 

The rest of the afternoon goes by in a daze, as the boys work hard, in finishing off the ideas and plans with the design team. Minghao had found a moment to tell Seungcheol that their youngest member, had not been well, and so he was sent to sleep.

 

With Chan out of the way it was easier to plan. Yes, easier. It wasn’t because his hyungs thought of Chan as a disturbance, of course it wasn’t. It was in fact due to the surprise itself. Yes, they were planning Chan’s surprise birthday party.

 

Seeing the last of the planners off, Jisoo shuts the door and sighs, opting to plop down on the sofa beside Junghan.

 

“Okay guys… seeing as Chan is asleep, let’s go shopping!”

 

The guys all moan, due to the lack of sleep, yet get up, readying to go.

 

“Vernon, Seungkwan you guys stay behind and look after Chan?”

 

The two eagerly nod, wanting to spend much needed time together anyways.

 

~(*~*)~

 

“See you later hyungs!” They shout in unison, beaming.

 

Just then, at the very same time, in his room Chan opens his eyes, having heard all his hyungs leave him.

Even though, he wasn’t asleep at all times, he definitely had time to reflect. And if his hyungs were not going to include him in his activities, then he won’t ask to be included either. He got up off his bed, and went over to his closet. Opening up the cupboards, he reached out to the bottom shelf and pulled out a box. The box contained all the fan mail that came addressed to him, he in particular got some all at once, so it must have been birthday gifts that came a bit too early.

 

Better early than late

 

Ripping off the wrapper, yet being cautious not to damage the gift, Chan open the first parcel he lays his hand on. It was a small envelope and as he shook it he could hear, something that sounded like liquid? Opening the said gift, he sees a small mysterious bottle; with small imprints. Chan peered at the bottle bringing it to the light. Baby potion.

 

Chan’s eyes widen, now this was something. If his hyungs were going to think he is a kid and will not participate then what else is a better way than acting like a child? Sure, it was some silly prank, but he could make his hyungs believe that he became a child, and maybe then they will begin to include him. It was a childish wish, Chan knew off it, but… anything was better than this lonely feeling he had. Of being left behind… all he wanted was his hyungs again.

 

Chan opened the bottle rather quickly if this potion was something more than what science can explain - he doubted it very much- he wanted to taste it before his courage disappeared.

 

One, two, three. Straight one-shot gulp. Nothing. Chan looks around, and then at himself when suddenly-

 

Chan tenses, as he feels a tingly feeling forming through his body, the potion kicking in, he was slowly feeling outrageously happy. So happy he could combust- the lights change from white and out of the blue-

 

Black.

 

Darkness consumes him, and he’s hit the floor.

~(*~*)~

 

The boys’ adventures come to end as the ten boys trudge into their area, from the car. All ten souls, being so tired, yet happy with their day's’ work, it was all worth their pain in the end. Seungcheol leads them into, the dorm, as the key twists, he feels his chest sink. His stomach overturns and for some reason, his gut feeling was warning him of something that awaited them.

 

Opening the door, the boys squint in sync, as they get used to the harsh lights illuminating the room. The dorm that welcomes them is quiet.

 

The dorm was far too quiet, panic raises as Seungcheol frowns looking at the dorm. Shaking his head of any bad ideas, of all the ‘what ifs’, his brain managed to think off; Seungcheol tells the boys to remain there, as he goes in search for their three youngest members.

 

Just as Seungcheol turns around, he bumps into a figure, Seungkwan. Vernon comes from behind and catches him, in time.

 

“Woa-Seungkwan? Vernon? Where’s Chan?”

 

“Hyung, we-”

 

Junghan’s screams startles the other members.

 

“Is that Chan?” Seungcheol asks, as the rest of the boys turn to stare, not minding Junghan who had frozen to his spot, beside the same child.

 

“Dinosaur!” A soft high pitched voice says, as giggles follows after.

 

Well . So much for an early night.


 

~(*~*)~


 

“What do you call this?” Seungcheol asks, staring blankly between the small child, and the other two supposed responsible maknae.

 

“Surprise hyung?” Seungkwan replies, guilt clearly conveyed through his voice.

 

Vernon nudges, Seungkwan, consuming the room with an eerie silence again, apart from a giggly Chan.

 

In the background, Junghan was cooing over the now child-Chan, prior to his earlier scream. Chan, roars, “Look at me, I’m a dinosaur,” every now and then, resulting in an over enthusiastic Junghan, watching his dongsaeng, with admiration as he ruffles his head.

 

“When I told you, you were in charge of Chan… I meant literally, as in look after him,” Seungcheol sighed.

 

“Sorry, hyung,” Vernon mumbled, as he sheepishly looks at the floor.

 

“Guys-”

 

“Hyung, I think you should come and see this,” Minghao says interrupting Seungcheol from his mini speech.

 

Seungcheol walks over to where Minghao was standing to see- the walls completely and utterly scribbled with words, and randomly lettering. The only thing audible was, ‘Dinosaur’.

 

Seungcheol sighs, it was not going to be easy looking after a now baby Chan.

 

I had definitely not signed up to be babysitting literally when I became the leader… but maybe Baby Chan would bring something interesting.

 

Seungcheol starts to slowly smile and he looks beside Chan, to see Jihoon laughing and poking Chan’s cheeks.

 

Oh, this will definitely be fun.

 



A/N: And… I present you a special series: Our Baby Chan: First chapter, ends on a cliff-hanger… Chan is just misunderstanding his hyungs, I’ve made it so that he understands his hyungs usually but for his birthday he feels hurt to know he’s still being treated as a young kid. It’s MY birthday in a week, and I thought why not treat all you beautiful people with fluff? It may not seem it yet, but the next chapters focus on every couple, and so it will be fluffy fluff fluff thanks to our Chan. Enjoy!

XOXO,
        Abi