4.0 Beautiful Mistake [part one]

♥ Love like ours || Jihan & Meanie one-shot collections ♥ || • • • ♡2yearsAnniversary♡• • •

Key:

Bold means English words

Italics are thought processes

 


To be able to fall in love at such a young age, is a wonderful thing,

but not every relationship goes smoothly,

maybe it's vital you take a break.

Because, who really knows where you will end up at.


A small figure sits hunched over a desk, scribbling away to his heart's desire. It was Wonwoo's fifth or was it his sixth?, attempt at writing the same piece of writing. The small digital clock on the desk, ticks away as he crouches down even lower. The boy writes as his head touches the table, focusing to complete the writing splayed in front of him, as if there was a deadline.

Beside his desk, an untidy pile of torn papers took up the space on the floor. It was work from over nearly 4 years ago, one by one taking over his bedroom floor. Funnily enough the rest of his room was always clean, except anything around the desk's radius. Call it a keepsake, but he didn’t like taking anything away from his desk.

"Wonwoo!~" A voice echoes through the peaceful atmosphere. Wonwoo's grip on the pen slides through his fingertips, and bounces onto the floor. Wonwoo cringed at the high pitched shriek of his so called best friend.

"Soonyoung, what did I-"

"It's hyung, mister," Soonyoung replies, capturing the other in a bone crushing hug.

"L-l-let go, Soonyoun-"

"Make me~"

A gentle shove is all it takes for Soonyoung to fall onto the floor. In the frenzy Wonwoo's brain starts to work again, and he quickly opens  his drawer up. I'll post these off later.

"Soonyoung, next time-"

"Hyung!" Wonwoo looks up from a pouting Soonyoung, to see that Seungkwan and Seokmin also came with the older boy.

"Long time no see~ How are you feeling?" Seungkwan asks, his face morphing into one of concern.

"Meh, same as usual..." Wonwoo's voice drifts off as he blinks back the sudden urge to cry. Shaking his head, he puts on a smile. "What about you guys?"

"We've missed, hyung," Seokmin replies, shyly.

Wonwoo's heart clenches hearing these said words from his friend, he hadn't been the nicest of people for the past few months, keeping himself locked inside and not knowing how to deal with everything. It was all going way too fast for his liking. A little too fast.

 

“Up you get then,” Soonyoung says, trying to pull Wonwoo to his feet.

“What do you me-”

“I meant what I said, up, up up!” Soonyoung moans, as he tries to pull Wonwoo to his feet. The latter however remains as stubborn as Soonyoung had predicted, even crossing his arms and placing them across his chest.

“Operation 101, commence!” Soonyoung suddenly shouts falling to the floor.

Giving Wonwoo little to no time to react, the boy feels himself being transported. Seungkwan at Wonwoo’s upper half, and Soonyoung at his lower. Seokmin awkwardly stood there. “Min, the door!” Soonyoung shouts, in a ridiculous high pitched shriek like voice, earning Seokmin’s attention immediately. The youngest runs to the door, and opens it up. WIthout waiting for another complaint, he holds it open until Seungkwan fits Wonwoo’s top half through.

“You do realise that I’m still-”  Wonwoo was silenced with masking tape, courtesy of Soonyoung.

“You’ll thank me later,” Soonyoung replies looking down at Wonwoo, seeing the youngers eyebrows knitted in anger. Soonyoung lets out a whimper, and shudders, “more… like someday,” Seungkwan helpfully corrects his friend.

“Better late than never,” Soonyoung replies grinning, a dark expression replacing his former pout. Wonwoo’s eyes widen, he knew that SeungSoon usually were up to no good, but Seokmin too? That can only mean some plan that was going to destroy him. He closes his eyes waiting for the torture to end.

Seungkwan’s leg leaves the door, thinking Soonyoung will manage. Instead it whacks Wonwoo’s leg with full power, as the wind picks up from downstairs.

“Oomf-!” Wonwoo winces, feeling teary eyed at the impact of the old door. Eyes darting glares at his friends, he tries to kick Soonyoung, failing… darn it, since when did my legs fall asleep? I guess I need to…

 

“Hyung!” Seungkwan cried. Suddenly Soonyoung looks up to see that Wonwoo is no longer glaring at him. In a panic, he lets Wonwoo’s legs hit the floor. “Yah Yah!” Soonyoung panics, and slaps the taller boy.    
  “Seokmin, come and take over for me!” Soonyoung shouts, and Seokmin runs up the stairs to help Seungkwan carry the sleeping boy into their car. “Seungkwan sit beside Wonwoo and see if he will wake up, Soek-”

“I’ll sit at the back,” Seokmin responds in a small voice, as his cheeks turn a soft strawberry blush.

“Er… okay?” Soonyoung replied frowning. While Seungkwan sat beside him with a knowing look.

“Tch- Love birds these days, so oblivious” Seungkwan utters under his breath. Which unfortunately did not go unheard by Soonyoung. Who decided to cough and hide the fact that he was blushing.

 

~<*~*>~

 

Wonwoo’s eyes had fallen shut, without him realizing. he was used to days going by, without him being able to recognise the difference between night and day. He would work at his desk for hours on end, and look outside to see that it was already well into the night. But that didn’t mean he would fall asleep. He had promised the one person who makes his life worth living. That no matter what happened, he would not give up on his dreams of becoming a poet. He was going to be an inspirational poet… but somewhere in between, Wonwoo learned to fall in love. All his poems took a turn for the better. No one would look at Wonwoo and guess he was such a  romantic. The way his hair always  fell over eyes, made him appear closed off. They say someone who is unable to look you in the eye and speak, held a lot of untold words, and the wisdom of experiences. Wonwoo begged to differ. He was didn’t have any wise experiences, that made him the way he is. He just didn’t need to have people entering his life, make him feel wanted, just to leave again.

 

Wonwoo’s friendship with Soonyoung started years ago, and it brought them to where they are now. He was the next closest thing, Wonwoo had left. Seungkwan joined when they entered high school. he seemed to be joined to the hip with Soonyoung unless, Seokmin was present. Seokmin entered much later. he had run away from home and was found  by Seungkwan’s family. Naturally fitting into the group nearly a year ago. As much  as Wonwoo loved his friends, his heart wouldn’t let them take care of him. It was like he couldn't open up no matter how hard he tried. He wanted to escape from the past. But the mistake wonwoo made kept chasing him, and it was not going to let him live… happily.

 

~<*~*>~

 

Wonwoo opened his eyes to see that he is left in the car, as his friends had ditched him. Sighing he gets up, and looks around. He couldn't see much, but he tried to figure out where they had kidnapped him to. Wonwoo moved closer to the window, and decides that it wouldn’t do to press his face against the window. Instead, he swings his feet down to the floor, and presses down on the window button. The window scrolls down, Wonwoo looks out the window.

“WATCH OUT!~” A voice shouts, Wonwoo jolts and hits his head in the process. the sharp eyed boy, hears a crash and looks outside to see a figure that looks familiar, being taken away.

“Alright, let’s g- Wonwoo, you’re awake,” Soonyoung states, looking at his friend, nodding, “Good, so let’s head to that restaurant I told you about,”

Wonwoo was about to argue, and ask to see that man. But the car already was speeding away and he could see the crowd dispersing. He must be fine… then?

the dark haired boy spent the rest of the journey pondering on why that figure looked so… so familiar, and that voice, surely.. he couldn’t have the same voice?!

Wonwoo’s thoughts escape him as Seokmin interrupts “okay out you come, hyung.” Wonwoo, gets pulled out with Seokmin as they stood before the front of a restaurant.

“Soonyou-”

”It’ll be alright Wonwoo, we’re here for you,” A reassuring hand was placed on Wonwoo’s shoulder.

“I don’t think I can do this, let’s go,”

“Hyung…” Seungkwan’s voice turned serious, “I know we might not be able to relate with what you are going through right now. But let me assure you that we will never let anything happen to you. Let’s try to overcome what happened…” He stops and in the air and lets it out. suddenly overcome by such emotions, he continues, “we are all… affected, but things will get better. You have to let it… get better,” he looks up at his friend, sincerity shining through his eyes. Wonwoo bit his lip, “You’re right, let’s do this,”

 

Seokmin slides beside Wonwoo, and slips his arm around casually with Wonwoo’s. Oblivious to the gaping mouths of the remaining two boys. “Let’s go in, guys,” Seokmin says as he guides Wonwoo in.

 

Wonwoo feels himself shiver slightly as he enters the restaurant. Unsure of how long it had been since he visited, but he definitely was another Wonwoo then. One who smiled and had nothing to worry about. Finding a spot in the restaurant easily, there was always a booth free every time they came. As if it was reserved for the boys, or it might be reserved only for Wonwoo, because even before when it was the two of them, it was empty.

“Are you cold, hyung?” Seokmin asked, taking his extra cardigan from nowhere, and passing it to Wonwoo.

“Why  hyung, put it on him, as well,” Seungkwan helpfully adds, earning a  mumble of “yeah, okay,” from Seokmin and a nudge from Soonyoung.

 

“Let me take your order,” A voice asks, reaching their table.

Wonwoo too distracted by the rain outside, doesn’t acknowledge the waiter and only responded, “the usual,” when Seungkwan asks him. Wonwoo notices later, that the voice was back.

“Who was the waiter?” Wonwoo, asks, distracting the boys from their small talk.

“Why hyung?”

“He sounds familiar… was he hurt by any chance?”

“Yes, actually but it looks like it's healing up, he had a small plaster across his face.” Soonyoung replies, frowning at the unusual behaviour of his best friend.

“Oh..” Wonwoo utters, and once again the window is more fascinating than whatever his friends were talking about. A sigh escapes his lips, he began to wonder why that voice was reminding him of things he’s tried to  forget. He just didn't understand, every time it seemed like he was doing great, something would come and mess it all up. why?


The orders arrive and when Wonwoo turned to look, the waiter had vanished.


Author's note: So, finally the long awaited(?) three/four shot is here. It's done, after a long time. This took me forever, I'll be honest due to the constant break down of my computer. But it's here now, so enjoy!~
Let me introduce: My editor, and partner in crime [head of graphics]: Sugarcoffy & J-unkyuu- A massive round of appulase and many thanks for working with me, you put up alot with someone like me o-o. Thanks to all my subbies, and upvoters, lots of love.
Look forward to part two!~

Lots of love,
               Abi
             XOXO