Chapter 35: Throwing Bottles

Yes, Your Highness

As Kai opened the door, Sehun stumbled in holding a bottle of tequila and a worried looking Luhan followed behind him.

“Hey Kai…” Sehun said in a drunken slurred voice.

“Sehun, you ok?” Kai asked as Sehun stumbled around the room bumping into things. 

“I’m… FINE.” Sehun yelled as he looked at his own reflection in the mirror. He then took another swig of his drink and cursed when he found the bottle to be empty.

“Did you drink a whole bottle of tequila? You don’t drink!” Kai said exasperatedly.

“I’ll do whatever the f*** I want,” Sehun said as he sat down on the bed. 

“He’s been like this for at least an hour,” Luhan said quietly. “He drank some straight bourbon before this. I was too afraid to leave him. You know something’s wrong if he acts like this.”

“Does he normally act like this when he’s upset?” I asked.

“Who invited you here?” Sehun asked as he looked in my direction.

“I was in here before you were!” I stated.

Sehun rolled his eyes and went back to playing with his empty bottle. “No one asked you to come. This is my party.”

“Well in that case, I’ll leave,” I said as I got up and walked to the door. 

Kai grabbed my hand worriedly. “Melody, he doesn’t know what he’s saying.”

“I know exactly what I’m say-ying,” Sehun said into the bottle as he flopped onto Kai’s bed.

“Sehun, I think it’s time you go to bed.” Kai stated.

“I think it’s time you went to bed sir!” Sehun yelled as he pointed a finger at Kai.

“Well for me to be able to go to bed, I’m going to need you to move,” Kai said as he attempted to take away Sehun’s bottle.

“No! I’m not moving until I see Catherine!” Sehun cried as he spread out on Kai’s bed. 

“What do you need to see her for?” Kai asked.

“So I can throw this bottle at her head.” Sehun said calmly. 

At this point, both Luhan and Kai jumped on top of Sehun and wrestled his bottle away from him leaving him with a look of sadness on his face. 

“No throwing bottles for you,” Luhan said in a pleased voice.

“Well… I’m still not moving. Until she comes. I need to see her right now. I demand that you bring her to me this instant.” Sehun said in his most royal voice.

“RIght away, your Highness. I’ll go get her,” I said as I started for the door.

“See! Someone does know how to treat with some decency. What are you doing later, beautiful?” Sehun asked flirtatiously.

“She’s not doing ANY thing later with YOU. I can promise you that,” Kai said rolling his eyes.

“We could do whatever you like your Highness,” I said in my most flirty voice making Kai’s mouth drop open. I kissed Kai quickly on the cheek and made my way out the door. “I think you have competition Kai,” I heard Sehun say braggingly as I closed the door.

I rolled my eyes and hurried down the hall to Catherine’s room. I knocked on her door and entered knowing she wouldn’t mind. I found her lying on her bed still engrossed in the book I had left her reading.“Catherine, you need to come with me now. It’s Sehun.”

“What about him?” She asked snarkily as she continued to stare down at her book.

“Well let’s see. He’s demanding to see you in Kai’s room,” I said as I sat down in her chair.

“Well he can demand to see someone else. I don’t care.” She flipped one of the pages and looked unwilling to move.

“But he won’t let Kai sleep in his bed until you see him,” I said in my whiniest voice.

She sighed heavily and closed her book. “Fine. For Kai. That’s the only reason I’ll come.”

She followed me down the hallway to Kai’s room and I stopped her before we went in. “Did I mention he’s drunk?” 

Catherine rose her eyebrows and walked in not knowing what to expect. As we walked in we found Sehun singing ‘All of Me’ very off-key.

“I GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEE YOOOOOOOUUUU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL OFFFF MEEEEEEE-YEEEEEEE-YEEEE!” Sehun wailed. When he saw Catherine, he immediately stopped. “Catherine so nice to see you. I have something for you. Uh, Lu where’d my bottle go?” 

“You were serious?” Lu asked quickly glancing to where he had hid the empty Tequila bottle.

“As serious as a gopher wearing a sweater in July,” Sehun stated calmly.

“Sehun gophers don’t wear sweaters in July. Gophers don’t even wear sweaters,” Kai responded.

“No but if you ever saw one in a sweater, you’d know he was serious,” Sehun said as he sat down on the bed.

Kai and Luhan opened their mouths to speak but Catherine stopped them. “What do you want Sehun? I’ve had a long night thanks to you.”

“Thanks to me? To me? Oh this is all my fault now. Guys did you hear that? This little seems to think that tonight’s festivities is my fault. Well look here you little b****...”

“You know what? I don’t care anymore. I don’t care what you do. If it wasn’t clear earlier, we’re done. I’m done. Goodnight.” She turned to walk towards the door but Kai grabbed her arm pleadingly.

“It’s obvious you don’t care. Can’t believe I wasted a year of my life on a little like you.” Sehun spat.

Catherine walked over to where Sehun lay and pulled him up from the bed. “I’m glad we got all this out in the open Sehun. I really am. Here let me give you a little present,” she said before punching him squarely in the jaw and walking out. 

“Wait Catherine, let me explain-” LuHan called out the door.

“Quit making excuses for him Lu. Why do you always do that anyways?” Catherine yelled as she furiously walked down the hall.

“I never got to throw my bottle at her,” Sehun said sadly. 

“Sehun, you are such an idiot,” I said as I walked towards the door.

“‘Melody, she's the idiot. She… She…. She kissed him right in front of me,” Sehun said with a sniffle. “We could have had everything.”

Sehun started to cry and quickly LuHan went over to the bed to comfort him. “She was just upset. Give her some time. She'll be all yours again.”

“I'm going to bed,” I said as I shook my head. I walked out of the door and turned towards my room.

“Wait!” Kai called as he approached me. “What about our plans?”

“Kai, I'm not going to make out with you in front of the two of them,” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“I know that! I was just thinking that we could go back to your room and finish what we started,” he said pinning me to the wall with a soft kiss.

“Kai… Sehun needs you,” I mumbled as I fought the urge to kiss him back.

“But I need you,” he whispered before kissing me slowly. “Lu can handle it.”

“If it were any of your other friends, I wouldn't care but it's Sehun. He's had a hard night.” I quickly escaped his torture trap and looked toward his door.

“Baby, I've had a hard night too. I had a stunningly beautiful girl in front of me all night who I could barely even touch! And when I finally got her in my arms and comfortable, boom! We were interrupted.” He wrapped his arms around me and our eyes connected. “I'm not lying when I say I need you.”

I sighed softly. This man had a way with words and a way with my heart. “Sehun, Kai. I need you too, but right now he needs us. He needs me to let you be there for him and he needs you to be his best friend. Imagine if it were us.”

“This would never be us. I'd never let this happen,” he said as he cupped my face in his hands. 

“I know sweetheart, but just imagine. You and I have a big fight and I run off and kiss Xiumin. How would you feel?” I asked.

“Devastated,” he stated.

“The lips that were once yours wandering over someone else’s,” I said going into further detail. “His hands touching me where yours should have been.”

“Stop! Stop. Ok. I get it. He needs me. Big bad awful thing.” Kai said shaking his head. “Before I go, you don't want to kiss him. Right?”

“The only man I want to kiss has kissed me dozens of times,” I said biting my lip.

“Feels like hundreds to me,” Kai said leaning in closer.

“Could be a thousand,” I whispered.

“Could be.” Kai smirked and kissed me forcefully, making my whole body shiver. “We will be continuing this. Trust me.” 

When I woke up the next morning, Kai was once again the only thing on my mind. How did I ever get this lucky? I've replayed our relationship over and over in my head and I still didn't get it. A man like that in love with a girl like me. And not just slightly in love. He was just as head over heels as I was. In all honesty, I can't wait for our wedding.

Wait.

Whoa.

Getting ahead of myself. Kai will not ask me to marry him any time soon. As Mom always said, “If you don't get your hopes up, they can't crash.” One day that might be me with the beautiful wedding gown and bridesmaids, but not any time soon. 

Mrs. Kim Jongin…

Quickly I got up and decided to go on a walk to escape my thoughts. I went down to Cat’s room and found her still sleeping. I decided to let her rest and I walked out to the rose garden. 

“Good morning your Highness,” one of the gardeners called.I looked around and saw none of the royal family when I realized he must be talking to me. I curtsied sweetly in response making the gardener blush. “He hasn't been out here yet this morning.”

“Who?” I asked.

“The prince! He usually comes out here in the early mornings and gathers a flower or two for your room himself, but not this morning. He must still be sleeping. But I instead will give you a flower,” the gardener said as he offered me a daisy. 

I graciously accepted it and placed it in my hair behind my ear. Then I continued walking. I walked all the way out to the lake and was surprised to see Kai out there pacing back and forth.

“Hi,” I said sweetly as I startled him from his pace.

“Melody…. Hi. Um what… Hi…. Whatcha doing out here?” He asked in surprise. 

“I just went for a walk. I wasn't expecting to see you out here though,” I said kissing him on the cheek. “What are you doing out here?”

“Oh.. Me? I… Um… Just came out here to think,” he said nervously.

“Oh well don't let me bother you.” I started to walk away when I felt him grab my hand.

“You aren't bothering me at all.” He kissed my hand lightly making me blush once more.

“Can you think with me in your presence?” I asked with a wink.

“I'll just do something I don't need to think about,” he said before kissing me softly. I wrapped my arms around him and deepened the kiss. And there we were basically making out on the side of the lake, like it was no big deal. He didn't need to think about it and I didn't need to think about it. It just came naturally to us because we were in love. The kiss ended slowly and it felt like it took us an eternity to stop. 

“Marry me,” I whispered softly.