Chapter 27: Define Celebrate

Yes, Your Highness

As I was helping Layla get ready, Catherine came in. “Layla! I hear you're going on a date with Taemin! I used to date him you know.”

Layla blushed and turned away from the mirror to look at Catherine. “You dated Taemoon? Why on Earth would you ever break up with him? He's gorgeous.” She squealed. 

Catherine laughed and laid on my bed. “Yeah he's gorgeous but when I met Sehun, I knew he was the one for me.”

“And when I met Kai…” I started but immediately stopped myself and blushed.

Layla turned around to look at me. “When you met Kai?”

“My heart stopped instantly.” Said a voice from the door. Quickly I turned around and saw Kai standing in the doorway. The moment our eyes met I blushed. 

Layla giggled and ran to Kai. “Look Mr. Your Highness! I'm wearing the dress you bought me.”

“So you are! And you look absolutely beautiful. Tae is a lucky guy,” Kai said with a wink. 

She blushed and looked at the clock. “It's almost time! I told him I'd meet him at the staircase!” She said nervously looking towards the door. She grabbed her little purse and checked to make sure she had everything. “So I look okay?” She said nervously. 

“You look great Laylay.” I said with a smile.

“He's going to love you either way,” Catherine said. Her eyes widened when Catherine used the L word. 

“Now Layla no kissing on the first date,” Kai said with a smile. 

“What? No fair! You kissed Melly way before the first date!” She said argumentatively. My mouth dropped open.

“Well I'm not 6 years old. You have to have at least 2 numbers in your age before you can kiss,” Kai said holding his own. 

She giggled and smiled. “Ok. I can wait 4 years. That's not that long!” She said sticking her tongue out at him. He stuck his out at her and they both shared a laugh. “I'm ready to go,” She said excitedly. “Thank you Mr. Your Highness,” she said hugging him.

She walked out the door and quickly we all walked out behind her. As promised, Taemin was at the bottom of the stairs. He was wearing a navy blue button up shirt and slacks and he stood there holding a single rose for her. She blushed and descended the stairs. He gave her the flower and they left the castle.

Catherine looked at me and started laughing. “Mel, please tell me you aren't actually crying.”

“That was beautiful,” I said with a sniffle. 

“You know what else is beautiful?” Kai asked. 

“What?” I responded turning towards him. 

“If you say her, I'm going to throw up,” Catherine interjected. 

“The sky is beautiful, Catherine. That's why we need to go get ready for our date! That way we don't miss a moment of it,” He said smiling at me. Catherine rolled her eyes and excused herself, saying something about going to find her dog, who she had recently named Elenoir. The moment she left, Kai wrapped his arms around me. “You know I was actually going to say you right?” He said with a wink.

“I know,” I said with a smile. I hugged him and kissed his cheek. “I'll see you in an hour.”

Kai nodded and we went our separate ways to go get ready. 

After I got all dressed up, I met Kai out on the balcony downstairs. His back was turned to me and he was looking out over the rose garden. I walked over to where he was and linked my arm with his. I laid my head on his shoulder and I heard him sigh happily. We stayed there for a few minutes just enjoying the summer air and our moment alone. After some time had passed, he turned towards me. I opened my mouth to say something but he stopped me by kissing me softly. 

Then he escorted me down to the rose garden where he had set a table for us. Everything was dark except for a few candles that were lit. He pulled out my chair for me and I sat down. He poured our drinks and then sat down our plates. When he sat down, I finally spoke. “What did I do to deserve all of this?”

“You love me,” He said. “What did I do to deserve that?”

“You didn't have to do anything,” I said blushing deeply.

“And neither did you.” Kai said smiling. I smiled and sat there enjoying my dinner. Kai and I talked about everything from Layla and Taemin to Sehun and Catherine, but he never mentioned us. He even revealed to me that he was going shopping with Taemin the next day to find an engagement ring for Ginny. After some time passed, I thought I should bring it up.

“So what about us? What's next for us?” I asked quietly. 

Kai smiled and got up from the table. He came over to where I was and kneeled down. “Melody, I...“ He started but had to stop because he was nervous. I watched him take in a few deep breaths and I placed my hand on his shoulder comfortingly. 

“Kai you don't have to. Forget I even asked.” I said.

Kai looked up at me and smiled weakly. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly. “Melody,” He took in a deep breath before continuing. “How can I perfectly describe exactly how I feel about you?  To say that I want us together is an understatement. I don't just love you. I'm deeply madly in love with you. i need to be with you, to be beside you, and I have waited a long time to ask you this. Will you be my girlfriend?" My heart stopped and I couldn't breathe. I looked down at him and I couldn't move. I tried to open my mouth to say yes but I couldn't even speak. After a moment, I tried again. Nothing came out. "Melody? Don't you want me?" I could tell that he was starting to get nervous because of my not answering and I somehow managed to squeak out a weak yes. "What did you just say?"

"Yes. Yes I do. I-I would love to be your girfriend." I said confidently.

 Kai's smile grew wide and he stood up, making me stand with him. “I'm going to make you so happy. I promise.”  

“You already make me happy.” I stated before wrapping my arms around him hugging him close. He hugged me back and sighed. When I looked up at him, he leaned down and kissed me softly.

“I just kissed my girlfriend.” He whispered still hovering above my lips.

 “And I just kissed my boyfriend.” I said with a blush. 

“Baby, there's no need to blush anymore. I'm officially yours and you're officially mine.” He said smiling wider. He took his hand and cupped my face before leaning down to kiss me again. “All mine.” He said kissing me passionately. 

I smiled at him and looked to the castle realizing it was late. “We better go back. Layla should be returning any moment.” 

He held me closer and woudn't let go. “Baby, stay. She can handle herself.” I laid my head against his chest and he rested his on top of mine.

“Kai, she's only 6. How about I come find you later and we can celebrate more?” 

“Define celebrate.” He said with a smirk as we separated. 

I pecked him gently on the lips. “That barely even touches the surface of it.” 

“As much as I'd love to, you should probably stay with her.” He said trying to convince himself. 

“Then tomorrow night. Since it's the last night before your parents come home, it's perfect.” I said with a smile. 

“Tomorrow night, it is.” He said kissing me once more. He grabbed my hand and we walked into the castle. He escorted me up to my room and when he saw that Layla wasn't back yet, he pulled me close. “I love you, my beautiful girlfriend.” He said with a smile

“I love you, my handsome boyfriend.” I said smiling back. He kissed me goodnight and I laid on my bed waiting for Layla to get back. 

A few minutes later she walked in with a huge smile on her face and Catherine followed in behind her. “How was your date Laylay?” I asked.

She started giggling and I looked at Catherine. “Don't ask me. I just saw her on her way up and thought I would come.” Catherine said with a shrug. 

“Well??” I asked.

Eventually she stopped giggling and sighed. “He's perfect.” She said dreamily. “Tonight was amazing. We rode a horse on the beach, had dinner together, and we even looked up at the stars!” She said sighing. “Ginny is a lucky girl.” She said looking down. I was about to speak but she continued. “He said we can be best friends.” She said with a small smile. “How did your date go?” She asked sitting on my bed. 

“My… My date? Why on earth would you want to hear about that?” I asked nervously. Catherine immediately became more interested when she saw how I was acting. 

“Melody. Spill.” Catherine ordered. 

“It was a date.” I said confidently.

“Uh huh and?” Layla said.

“And Kai was there.” I added nonchalantly. 

“Go on.” Catherine said trying to coax me.

“And we had dinner in the rose garden.” I said happily. “And he asked me to be his girlfriend.” I added quietly.

“He did what?? I didn't hear that.” Catherine exclaimed excitedly.

“He…. He asked me to be his girlfriend.” I said a bit more boldly. 

Catherine and Layla both smiled widely at my announcement. “Oh my gosh Melly! Did you say yes??” Layla asked.

“She better have said yes!” Catherine said staring at me. “What did you say?”

“I said yes. Of course I said yes.” I said burying my face into a pillow.

“Then what are you doing here?? You have a boyfriend to go see!” Layla squealed. 

“Layla I already told him goodnight.” I explained. 

“She has a point. You finally get Kai and you aren't with him? It's kind of a shock.” Catherine added.

“I've got to take care of Layla. It's time for her to go to bed!” I protested. 

“I'll take care of her. It's a once in a lifetime thing that you say yes for the first time. Go!” Catherine said smiling.

“I… He might be asleep.” I said looking to the door. 

“Go!” Catherine and Layla said in unison. I got up and walked out the door. What was I going to say to him? What was he going to say to me? What if I wake him up and he gets mad? I eventually arrived at his door and for some reason I was afraid to know, but I did so anyway.

“Come in.” I heard his amazing voice call from inside.

I opened the door and saw him there reading a book. Upon seeing me he closed it immediately. “Hello beautiful.” He said with a smile. “Everything ok?” He asked sweetly.

I nodded and then joined him on the bed. “I just missed you.” I said kissing his cheek softly. 

“I missed you more.” He said wrapping an arm around my shoulder. He leaned down and kissed me softly. “I missed that too.” He whispered. I pulled him closer and we slowly made out for a few minutes. “I love you.” He said breathlessly before kissing my cheek lightly.

“I love you too.” I said as his lips made their way down the side of my neck. He moved my shirt over a little and brushed his lips along my collarbone, which left me immobilized. “Kai…” I mumbled before biting my lip. 

“Should I do it again?” He asked with a smirk. Quickly I nodded and he did the same thing to the other side. Then he softly bit that same spot, making me moan instantly. “You said celebrate.” He whispered hotly into my ear before going back to my lips. He proceeded to nibble lightly on my lower lip until I let him in to continue. After about an hour, he finished by kissing my entire face all over. “How was that?” He asked. 

“Perfect.” I said with a giggle. 

“I wasn't sure how you felt about biting so I tried not to do it very hard.” He said biting his lip. 

“You could have done it harder. I wouldn't have minded.” I said with a wink. 

“I'll remember that for next time.” He said winking at me and using that killer smile of his. 

I blushed deeply at the thought of there being a next time, but then I remembered Layla was here. “Oh goodness! I better go. Catherine promised to watch Layla, but she didn't say how long. I love you Kaikai.” I said kissing him goodbye softly. 

“Wait. I'll walk you over.” Kai said getting up.

“You don't have to do that.” I said with a smile.

“A chance to walk with my girlfriend? I'm in.” He said grabbing my hand. When we reached my door, he kissed me goodnight softly.

I walked in and saw Layla asleep and Catherine looked relieved that I had returned. “Enjoy your kisses?” Catherine asked standing to leave. 

“What made you think I kissed him?” I asked.

“Your lips are swollen. You've blushed recently and you can't stop smiling.” Catherine said nonchalantly.

“Then yes. I very much so enjoyed my kisses. Goodnight Catherine.” I said as she left. I put on my pajamas and laid down beside my sister. As I laid my head on the pillow, my hand trailed up to where he bit me. Being his girlfriend is something I definitely can get used to.