Chapter 17: Risky Business

Yes, Your Highness

I woke up with the sun and my shoulder was killing me. i quickly got dressed and took my medicine. I took one look at my sling and knew that if I didn’t wear it, either Kai, Catherine, or Sehun would kill me. I put it on and went to Sarah’s room to wake her. To my surprise, her door was open and she was almost ready.

 

“Good morning, your Highness.” I said as I entered the room.

“Good morn- Oh. It’s you.” She said when she saw that it was me.

“Um, your Highness, is there any particular reason why you don’t like me?” I asked standing in the door way.

“Other than the fact that you’re a lazy slob?” She said distastefully looking at my outfit. I tried not to roll my eyes and she continued. “You can’t tell me you actually don’t know.” She said going back to brushing her hair.

“No, your Highness. I don’t.” I said calmly.

“Ugh, I guess I have to spell it out for you. I know, okay?” She said putting on her necklace.

“What do you know, your Highness?” I asked.

“I know you have feelings for him. Anyone can tell. It’s written all over your face. But I have new for you: in case you didn’t notice, I’m here now. And by the end of this week, he will be in love with yours truly.” She said nonchalantly.

“Your Highness, my feelings for the Prince are nothing like yours I assure you. I’m a servant. I know my place.” I said starting to make her bed.

She walked over to me and got in my face. “Good. Make sure you remember it.” She took a step back and saw my sling. “What did you do to your arm anyway? Or is that just a way for you to get out of doing work?” She asked as she was going out the door.

“I dislocated my shoulder, your Highness.” I said following her downstairs.

“Ha! Any proof?” She asked.

“Well, no. I mean I saw the doctor yesterday, but…” I said but I was cut off when she turned to look at me.

“I bet you didn’t actually see a doctor yesterday. I think you’re faking.” She said with a huff.

“Your Highness, I would never…” I said trying to explain myself.

Luckily Kai appeared. “Good morning ladies.” He said with a smile. I curtsied and Sarah giggled.

“Good morning, Jongin.” She said with a flirtatious smile.

He looked straight past her smile and looked at me. “How are you feeling Melody?” He asked.

“Just fine, your Highness.” I said calmly.

“Good. Sarah and I are going on a outing today. You will have plenty of time to catch up on any work you may be behind on. I’ve planned quite a long day for us.” He said giving Sarah a smile. She swooned and went on out to the car, but Kai stayed behind. Immediately, he came up to me. “Really though, how are you feeling?” He asked with concern.

“I’m fine Kai. A little pain. But nothing I can’t work through.” I said with a nod.

“You aren’t actually working today young lady.” He said with a stern look.

“I’m not?” I asked.

“No. You’re resting. Ginny is taking care of your chores for the day. I want you relaxing. Got it?” Kai ordered.

“Yes, your Highness. But can I at least make her bed? So I feel like I accomplished something?” I asked quietly.

"Fine.” He said with a sigh.”But then, you relax.” I nodded and he quickly kissed my cheek and left. Little did he know that making a bed with one hand is actually really difficult. I went upstairs to Sarah’s room and started my attempt. Each time I made the bed something was wrong with it or crooked. After about an hour, I just sat on her floor and cried. What use am I if I can’t even make a stupid bed? Suddenly, I heard a noise outside the door and I quickly got up. I tried to wipe my tears with my good hand but didn’t do a very good job at it. Catherine and Sehun opened the door, took one look at me and walked over to the bed.

“How long have you been at this?” She asked as she and Sehun made the bed together.

“At least an hour.” I said with a sniffle.

“Kai told us he gave you the day off.” Sehun said.

“He did, but I told him I wanted to make the bed. He said I could!” I said trying not to cry.

Catherine grabbed me a tissue and handed it to me to blow my nose. “Mel, he took Sarah out to give you the day off. And this is how you thank him?” She asked.

“I… I thought he planned it so they could be together like the King and Queen want.” I said still sniffly.

Catherine and Sehun laughed. “Um, no. He thought you could use some relaxation and we are here to make sure you get it.” Sehun said. He and Catherine then escorted me to her room where we spent the day watching movies and hanging out.

After a couple hours, I felt much better and relaxed. I had barely forgotten that my arm hurt until Sehun brought me a pain pill from my room. “Thank you.” I said gladly taking it to prevent any more pain. “What do you think they’re doing right now?” I asked as Catherine put in another movie.

“I think he took her shopping at one of the market places. He said he was going to be gone all day.” She said sitting back down on the bed.

 

“Oh… That’s where I met him.” I said sadly.

 

“Don’t worry Mel. I’m sure he didn’t take her to that one but if he did, then it must be so he can think about you while he was away.” Sehun said with a wink. The thought of him thinking about me made me giggle.  

 

“You guys really think so?” I asked still giggling.

 

“Of course Mel. Remember he gave you this day to relax. You must have been on his mind at some point recently.” Catherine added which made me giggle even more.

“He wants me to relax and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. At least until he gets back.” I said turning my head to the television screen.

“Cat, she’s actually listening to him.” Sehun said in shock.

“Shame he can’t be here to see it.” Catherine said with a laugh.

I looked over at them and simply shook my head. “I know how to take a break guys.” I said rolling my eyes.

After falling asleep during one of the movies, I woke up several hours later not knowing where I was. I bolted up quickly from where I was laying just to realize that I was in my own room. I glanced over at the clock on my dresser and saw that it was midnight. I must have fallen asleep during one of the movies in Catherine and Sehun’s room, but how did I get here? Suddenly, I heard a slight snoring sound beside me. I looked over and saw... Kai? I knew this wasn’t good. What if Sarah came in? What if someone found out he was missing from his room. I looked over at his sleeping silhouette and decided I had to wake him up. Quietly, I bent down and kissed his lips softly.

 

“Good morning, beautiful.” He said sleepily sitting up and rubbed his eyes cutely.

 

“Um.. Good morning. Sure. What are you doing here? How did I get here? How was your date?” I asked.

 

“1. It was not a date. It was me entertaining her so my parents aren’t suspicious.. 2. You fell asleep in Catherine’s room. They left to go on a date and when I got back, you were still in there sleeping. I said goodnight to Sarah, gave it a few minutes, and then picked you up. 3. I brought you in here and you looked so cute when you slept that I had to join you.” He said sweetly.

 

Immediately I rolled my eyes. “Kai, what if she comes in here and sees you?” I asked.

 

“She’s not going to. She’s asleep. It’s midnight. The only two people awake in this castle right now are us.” He said.

 

“Well now it’s time to go back to sleep!” I said getting up out of bed.

 

“Who says it’s time to sleep and then stands up?” He asked questioningly.

 

“I do when I’m trying to make you leave!” I said pulling him up to a standing position. “This is too risky.”

 

Suddenly he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. “That was more risky.” He said with a smile.

 

“Yes. Yes it was.” I nodded.

 

He leaned down and cupped my face with one hand. “Want to take an even bigger chance?” He asked deviously.

Every part of me was screaming yes, but I knew it would be a bad idea. “I’d…. I’d love to… But…” I couldn’t say it. I didn’t want to.

 

“But?” He asked leaning closer.

 

“Just kiss me already. I know you’re going to.” I said with a gulp.

 

At this point, he did the unthinkable. He laughed and pulled away. “Goodnight Melody.” He said with wink leaving me hanging. When he left,  I watched him walk down the hall and he didn’t look back. I returned to my room and after a few minutes I couldn’t take it any more. I had to kiss him. He teased me. I deserve a kiss right?

 

I quickly walked down the halls and found his room. Luckily for me, I knew no one else was on this hall. I politely knocked on the door in hopes of him answering. “Your Highness?” I asked. Not hearing any sound, I decided to go on in. I slowly opened the door and heard Kai in his bathroom taking a shower. Not knowing how long he would be, I decided to lay on his bed. The minute my head hit his pillow, I didn’t want to move. I grabbed one of his throw blankets and covered myself up. Everything on this bed smelled like him. A few minutes later after I was all nice and comfortable, the door to his bathroom opened and he walked out shirtless with a towel wrapped around his neck. His hair was still wet and dripping. If I didn’t know that was him, I would’ve thought a model just entered the room.

 

Upon seeing him, I immediately took in a sharp breath and blushed. You never really notice how muscular someone is until you see them shirtless. When he saw me, his eyes widened in surprise and he laid down beside me. “So what part of this isn’t risky?” He asked raising an eyebrow. All I could focus on was his abs.

 

“You- You never told me… That you were this… Hi.” I said with a giggle. In fact since he came out, all I could do was giggle to keep myself from drooling.

 

“That I was what?” He asked nonchalantly while drying off his hair with his towel.

 

Finally I attempted to regain my composure. “Why didn’t you tell me you were this… Um, muscular? Hot? Attractive? Ripped? Pick an adjective.” I said staring at him dreamily.

 

“You trying to tell me I look good?” He asked throwing his towel off of his bed and focusing on me.

 

Sadly for me, I started giggling again. “Maybe.” I giggled. He motioned for me to come closer and I scooted close to him. “Yes?” I asked.

 

“Like what you see?” He asked tilting his head.

 

I took in a deep breath. “I do. No wonder every girl in the kingdom wants you.” I said shaking my head.

 

“Well guess what, Mel?” He asked leaning his head towards mine.

 

When he was about an inch away from my face I said, “What?”

 

“I’m all yours.” He said with a smirk before collapsing his lips on top of mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. Before I knew it, we were making out on his bed. Suddenly I thought I heard a noise. I slightly pushed him away so I could hear better. “What? Did I do something wrong?” He asked with concern. I shook my head and brought my finger to my lips telling him to be quiet. After a moment of hearing nothing, he started kissing my neck softly and said, “Baby, you can’t be paranoid of every single noise. It's nothing.” He was about to kiss my lips when there was a knock at the door.

“Jongin?” came the voice from outside.