Chapter 18: Sarah - A Nightmare

Yes, Your Highness

Suddenly, I became very tense. If she came in right now, everything would be all over. Kai quickly got up and walked to the door. “Yes?” He called.

“Jongin, can you open the door?” She said sweetly.

He looked back at me and I scrambled to his closet where I could hide. After he saw that I was safely hidden, he opened the door. “Hey Sarah… What’s up?” He asked. When he opened the door, she was standing there wearing skimpy pajamas.

As soon as she saw him, she started giggling and all I wanted to do was hit her. Go ahead and look... Just go on ahead. I couldn't do anything to stop her. All I could do was hope that she didn't touch him. "Wow Jongin. I didn't realize you looked this good shirtless." She said giggling.

He rolled his eyes and picked up a shirt to put on. He put it on and went back to the door. "Sorry. Shower. What's wrong?" He asked with a sigh. 

"Oh Jongin! I had an awful nightmare! Can I stay in here with you?" She said poutingly.

"You can't stay the night but if you want to, you can come talk to me about it." He said as they walked over to his bed and sat down.

"Thank you Jongin. It was awful!" She said with a sniffle.

"What happened?" He asked turning to her. I have to admit I admire his compassion. He's so sweet!

Immediately she laid her head on his shoulder. "Oh Jonginnie. You were taken away from me by that stupid servant. I never got to see you again..." She said sniffling.

I could see from his closet that he started to tense up. He got up from the bed and said, "What an odd dream for you to have." 

"You're telling me! I just had to come see you." She said gushing over him.

"Well, as you can see I'm fine. It would probably be best for you to go now." He said turning towards the door.

"But I don't want to go." She said taking a step towards him.

"It's late. You're emotional. You should leave before something happens that you'll regret." He said with a sigh. 

She got closer to him and said, "I doubt that doing anything with you would be something I would regret." She said looking him up and down. 

"Sarah. Don't." He said backing up against the wall. 

"Kiss me Jongin. I know you feel the attraction that I do." She said seductively pressing herself against him trapping him between her and the wall. She tilted her head up to kiss him and I couldn't watch anymore. I waited to hear the sound of a kiss but surprisingly I heard nothing. After a few moments, she spoke. "You aren't going to kiss me?" She said sadly. "It's just a little kiss." She stood unsteadily on her tiptoes to kiss him and he moved quickly out of her way. 

"No. I'm not. This isn't the time or the place. You should go." He said while opening the door. 

She walked out the door and then turned around. "Before the week is over, I'm getting my kiss." She said with a huff and then she left. 

Finally, I could breathe. I couldn't help but wonder if my presence was the only reason he didn't kiss her. The door to the closet widened and he came in. "Hello beautiful." He said with a smile. I stood up and tried to exit but he blocked me. "And where do you think you're going?" He asked wrapping his arms around me.

I tried to pry his arms off, but had no luck. "I'm going back to my room." I said quietly.

"Mel, what did I do know? I did everything right. I didn't kiss her! Or touch her!" He said tightening his grip.

"But you probably wanted to." I said looking down.

He tilted my head up with his chin. "No, angel. I didn't."

I turned my head once more. "Didn't you see what she was wearing? It's obvious what she wanted." I said angrily.

He sighed and let go of me. I started walking to the door when he spoke. "Do you really think I'd kiss her because of some skimpy clothes? Or because she was trying to seduce me? Either way, I wasn't interested." He said sitting on his bed. 

His words stopped me in my tracks. "What part of her are you interested in?" I asked slowly. 

"That's the thing. I've never been interested in her. Even when we were children." He said simply.

"Why do I find that so hard to believe?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know. Why are you so quick to think I'm not interested in you?" He asked.

I walked over to his bed and sat on the other side. "Because I'm not... I just don't think I quite measure up to her." I said sighing. 

"What makes you think that?" He asked staring at me intently. 

"She's beautiful." I said quietly.

"To you." He said. "I don't think she is."

I sighed and laid on his bed beside him. "And you think I am?" I asked quietly.

He scooted closer to me and propped up on his arm. "No. I don't." He said still staring at me.

Tears began to well up in my eyes and I knew I was going to cry. "Oh..." I said trying not to cry.

"The reason I don't think you're beautiful... Is because I know you are. In a room full of girls, would you believe you're the only one I see?" He said sweetly.

I took in a deep breath. "I didn't know that." I said rolling over to look at him.

"It's true. How many times do I have to tell you I'm in love with you for you to believe it?" He asked tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"I don't know." I said as a tear slid down my cheek. "I know you love me. But I just can't believe it..." I started to cry and he wrapped his arms around me and held me.

"I do love you." He said kissing my forehead. "And no one is going to make me think otherwise. You have to trust me, Mel. That's the only way to get through this." 

I looked up into his eyes. His words were genuine and his eyes confirmed everything I wanted to believe about us. "I don't trust her." I said quietly. He was about to speak when I leaned and kissed him. "I don't trust her, but I trust you. Just tell me you love me once more."

He smiled and cupped my face with his hand. "I'll tell you a thousand times. I love you." He kissed me once and proceeded to tell me he loved me in between tons of quick kisses. 

Eventually, I started to giggle and I made him stop. "I love you too." I said kissing him softly. He pulled me in closer to him and deepened the kiss. 

"Say it once more?" He asked staring into my eyes. "Please?"

"I love you, Kaikai." I said smiling at him. Before I could say anything more, he kissed me. "I better go." I said softly.

"I'll walk you to your door." He said getting up. 

We walked through the hallways holding hands. When we got to my door, we kissed once more and said goodnight. As I was going in, Kai called to me. "Hey Mel..." I turned around and saw him smiling. "You're way more attractive from behind than she is." He said with a wink. My jaw dropped and he winked once more before leaving.

As I woke up the next morning, my first thought was about what Kai said last night. What does he mean that I look attractive from behind? Sheesh. I got up and looked at my in the mirror. It doesn’t look that attractive. He’s crazy. I was about to get dressed when there was a knock at my door. “Come in.” I called to the visitor.

The door opened and Sehun, Catherine, and Kai came in. Catherine was the one to speak. “So Mel, I’ve decided to give you a gift. I’m going to take Sarah away for the day. That way you and Kai can have a day to yourselves.” She said with a wink.

“Where are you going to take her?” Kai asked.

“To the morgue.” Catherine said with a straight face. 

Kai’s jaw dropped, but Sehun’s did not. “You don’t have to go there. I’ll help you hide the body.” Sehun said getting up.

“I hope you’re kidding….” I said watching them in horror.

Catherine sighed. “Yeah, I’m kidding. Killing her would be a waste of my time anyways.”

“Aww! Dang it! I thought we were finally going to play murderous lovers.” Sehun said sitting down sadly. 

“We can do that later sweetheart.” She said sitting on his lap and kissing him sweetly.

“Yay!” He said tightening his grip on her.

Kai rolled his eyes. “So where are you actually taking her?”

“Don’t worry, Kai. I’m just going to get her out of your hair by taking her for a little spa day.” Catherine said while playing with Sehun’s hair. “That way you two can have some time alone and Sehunnie can have time to look for my anniversary present."

"What makes you so sure I haven't got it yet?" He asked raising an eyebrow. 

"How long have you and I been together?" She asked. 

"1 year tonight." He said smiling.

"And how many times have you waited until the last minute to get my present?" She asked.

"I... You see... Um... I want to make sure it's perfect for your mood of the day!" He said deciding on an answer.

"Nice answer." She said kissing his nose. "Anyways don't I get a word of gratitude from either of you?" She asked looking at me and Kai. "I am dealing with the most annoying human ever just for you."

"Oh thank you Princess Catherine for saving me and allowing me to spend this day with his Royal Hot- Highness." I said curtseying.

"You're welcome." She said smiling and then she looked at Kai, waiting.

"Oh Catherine," He said with a wink making her instantly blush. "Thank you." He said smiling. 

"Oh Catherine. Sounds perfect to me." Sehun said kissing her shoulder. She blushed even more, rendered speechless at how the tables had turned. 

She was finally going to speak when she looked at the clock. She cursed under her breath and kissed Sehun quickly. "I've got to go."

She got off of his lap and he stood up beside her. She turned to leave when he grabbed her hand. She looked at him and brought her hand up to his lips, kissing the back of her hand softly. "I'll see you tonight. 7 o'clock."

She blushed once more and nodded. "7 o'clock. I'll be there." She smiled at him and left. 

When Sehun turned around to us, Kai and I were both staring at him cutely. As if on cue, we both said, "Awww."

Upon hearing his voice at the same time as mine I immediately blushed. I looked over and saw that he had blushed as well. Almost instantly, we heard Sehun sigh. "Young love. Must be fun being in that stage. Not having to worry about buying one year anniversary presents or planning the perfect date that you haven't already planned before."

"Oh come on. It can't be that hard." I said with a smile.

"Trust me, it is. She isn't the easiest girl in the world to please. It's not like I can just pick her up and take her to any restaurant. Everything has to be perfect. And since the stupid ring had to be sent off for sizing that's out of the plan." Sehun said lying on my bed looking up at the ceiling.

"Ring?!" I said widening my eyes.

"You didn't tell her?" Sehun asked Kai. 

Kai shook his head. "You swore me to secrecy months ago."

"Ring!?! Sehun! Tell me!" I said squealing.

"I.. Uh.. I bought her engagement ring over a month ago." Sehun admitted. 

"What?! OMG. And you didn't tell me?! What kind is it? I bet it's beautiful. How are you going to ask? When are you going to ask?!" I had so many questions!

"Sorry Mel. I thought lover boy over there would have said something." Sehun said towards Kai.

I glared at Kai. "How could you not tell me? My best friend is going to get engaged!" I said jumping up and down. 

I picked up Kaikai the bear and started jumping up and down freaking out. In the middle of my freaking out, Sehun whispered. "How do you think she's going to feel when you ask her?"

Kai's eyes widened and he mouthed for Sehun to shut up. When I finally settled down, I looked at Sehun waiting for an answer. 

"What kind? It's 18 karat white gold with a diamond in the middle and two side pieces that are intertwined. It only cost me about 45,000." He said nonchalantly.

My. Jaw. Dropped. "45... Did you say thousand? Dollars?" After that I had to sit down. 

"She's worth much more than that. It's just when I saw it, I knew it was the one for her." He said smiling.

"Aww, Sehun!" I said gushing. I looked over at Kai who was sitting by my window rolling his eyes. 

"Sehun, you didn't mention that some of the ones we looked at cost over 100,000." Kai said chuckling. 

My eyes widened even more and I sat down. "Who buys something that expensive?" I asked.

"A man in love." Sehun and Kai said at the same time. They both looked at each other and laughed. 

Sehun then rolled over and looked at me. "You asked me how also right? Well I WAS going to do it tonight. But since I had to get it sized, I don't know. The timing has to be perfect. It's definitely going to be before our 2 year anniversary. I'm not waiting that long." He said with a sigh before rolling back over. "Soon." He said before closing his eyes.

I looked at him sweetly and then I looked over at Kai, but instead of looking at Sehun, he was looking at me smiling. I suddenly became very self conscious and looked down. "Holy crap! I'm still in my PJs." I screamed. I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair was a giant fluff ball. I quickly took it down out of a ponytail and tried to fix it a little. I turned to them. "Guys I need to take a shower. Yeah. Please go?" I asked. Sehun laughed and left. Kai closed the door behind him.

"Kai. Honey, I need to shower. I look like a mess." I said staring at my reflection. I looked down shamefully and when I looked back up he was behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. 

"You look cute." He whispered before kissing the back of my neck softly. 

"Kai..." I mumbled as his lips found their way up to my cheek. 

"Yes?" He answered kissing me softly. 

"After I shower." I said unwrapping his arms from their spot. "Just wait here." I said smiling. I quickly grabbed my clothes and ran to the bathroom.

I started the shower and hopped in thankful he didn't have to see me like that anymore. 
I showered quickly and looked down at my outfit realizing I had forgot one key part. My bra was still outside in a drawer. I couldn't ask him. Never. But I can't let him see me. I quickly opened the door to see if he was out there and sure enough, he was. I sighed and tried to swallow my pride but it was hard. "Kai?" I managed to squeak out. Sadly I heard no sounds. He must have not heard me. I cleared my throat and tried again. "Kai?" I called out.

Almost instantly, I got a response. "You call for me?" He asked. "What's wrong?"

I gulped and finally was able to speak. "Nothing--- nothing is wrong. I... Forgot... I forgot something." I said stuttering. 

"What did you forget?" Asked his now closer voice. 

"I... Um. I... I forgot my bra." I said muffling my voice into my towel.

"You forgot your what?" He said.

"I forgot my bra. Can you grab it from the top drawer?" I asked finally. I heard nothing. I was pretty sure he had passed out on the ground from laughter. After a moment, there was a knock at the door. I covered myself with my towel and opened it slightly. 

His hand came through sporting a few different ones. "I didn't know which one you needed." He said. I grabbed one and quickly said thank you. I looked at my face in the mirror and saw how red I was. I can't believe I just had him do that. When I came outside, he was lying on my bed looking up at my ceiling.

"Hi..." I said blushing. "I'm sorry about that..." I said choosing to sit far away from him by my window.

He got up from where he lay and just looked at me. "Sorry about what?" He asked.

I sighed. "You know." I said drying my hair lightly with my towel before putting it up.

I turned my back to him as I hung up my towel and felt his arms wrap around me once more. "Don't worry about it." He whispered.

I sighed and turned around in his arms. "That was embarrassing." I said looking down avoiding his gaze. 

To my surprise he picked me up and carried me over to his bed. He sat down and placed me in his lap. "I thought it was cute." He said with a smile. 

"Ugh. My one day I get to be with you and everything is going wrong!" I said with a huff. 

"You're so beautiful when you're frustrated." He said still smiling. 

I turned to look at him. "What part of me at all right now is beautiful? I'm frustrated. My hair is still a slight mess. My face is red from blushing. You probably think I'm an idiot for forgetting my bra..." At this point, he stopped me and kissed my lips gently.

"All of you is beautiful." He said kissing me again. 

"Kai... I-" He stopped me once more and kissed me again.

"I don't care." He said pulling me closer. "I've been waiting for this all week." He started making out with me and laid me down on my bed. When I thought we were done, he kissed every inch of my exposed skin and came back to my lips after. We continued kissing and I lost track of time. When he finally stopped, it was like a magnet pulled us back together for one final kiss. "I love you Melody." He said hovering above me. 

"I love you too." I said breathlessly. He'd never kissed me that much before. Ever... "So you'd been waiting for that all week?" I asked quietly. 

"With Sarah gone, I'm free to do whatever I want and all I want right now is to be with you." He whispered. He took his hand and began tracing the outline of my face with his fingertip. "Wanting you this much has to be illegal." He said longingly.

"Is it?" I asked. 

"Even if it were, I don't care." He said before leaning down to kiss me more.