Chapter 28: The Luckiest Girl in the World

Yes, Your Highness

 

I woke up to the sound of Layla putting her stuff into her bag. “Laylay, what are you doing? It's not time to leave yet.” I said sleepily.

“Yes it is. Mr. Your Highness and Taemoon are taking me home.” She said putting on her shoes.

“What ever gave you that impression? I'm taking you after breakfast.” I said laying back down on the bed.

“I did.” Kai said from the door. Upon hearing his voice, I jolted up. Seeing my expression, he sat down on my bed beside me. “You are sleeping in. Tae and I will take her.”

“But Kai… It's not your job to do it. She's my sister.” I said trying to protest.

“She's my future sister in law.” He said confidently, making me blush.

“You're going to ask Melly to marry you???” Layla asked as her eyes widened.

“Someday definitely, but not right now. I want to make sure we take this slowly and don't rush into anything.” Kai said grabbing my hand.

I sighed and Layla spoke up. “Mr. Your Highness when I get older, if I can't find a guy like Taemoon, i’d love to have one like you.”

Kai got down to her level and gave her a big hug. “You'll find a guy one day, Laylay, but for right now, you focus on going to school.” He said smiling at her.

“Yes Mr. Your Highness! And then I'll find a cute guy!” She said with a giggle.

 

Kai laughed and then picked up her things. She ran over to me and gave me a big hug. “I'll see you soon Laylay. I promise.” I said kissing her forehead. She nodded and followed Kai out of the room. I was surprised when Kai came back empty handed. “Did you forget something?” I asked. He walked over to my bed and sat down beside where I was laying.

 

“No, I didn't forget.” He said as he leaned down to kiss me. “I just had to kiss you before I left. Goodmorning beautiful." He kissed me softly on the lips, just the way I had imagined Prince Phillip kissing Sleeping Beauty.

 

“Good morning, Jongin.” I whispered.

 

He smiled and sighed heavily. “It's too early for you to be doing this to me.” He leaned down and kissed me once more. “I love you Melody.” He said getting up and walking to the door.

“I love you too… Jongin.” I said with a small smile.

He let out a small laugh and walked back to my bed. He leaned down and kissed me again. “Each time you say that I get this overwhelming urge to kiss you. I have to leave at some point baby.” He said with a smile.

“I'll let you go. Bye KaiKai!” I said sweetly.

“Goodbye angel.” He said smiling as he walked out the door.

 

I decided to go ahead and take advantage of this extra sleep. I grabbed my bear and cuddle him close. “I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world.” I said closing my eyes and going to sleep.

 

When I woke up, I went to find Catherine but soon discovered from some of the other workers that she and Sehun had gone out to lunch. I quickly went to their rooms and made their beds for them. Then, I walked to Kai’s room. The minute I walked in, all of the memories from last night flooded my brain. The way he kissed me, the fact that he asked me to be his girlfriend, the way he says he loves me even if he’s out of breath… I snapped out of my dream-like state and made his bed as well. I decided to go into his bathroom and see if it needed cleaning. I looked around and saw that it was fine. I was about to leave when I saw something that stopped me. On one shelf, he had tons of little bottles of different colognes, but one was left out on the sink. I grabbed it to put it back when I decided to stop and see what he smelled like today. I opened the bottle and my favorite scent flooded my nose. I smiled and put it down, hoping that he’d still smell like that when he got home. I walked out of his bathroom and saw him laying on his bed with his eyes closed. He must have just gotten home and not noticed that I was in there.

 

“Hi handsome.” I called from the doorway of his bathroom.

 

Quickly, he sat up. “Mel?” He said looking around, but not towards his bathroom door. Upon not seeing me, he shook his head. “Now I’m hearing her out loud . What’s wrong with me?” He said as he laid down on his bed.

 

After a moment of silence, I walked over to his bed and laid down beside him. As soon as he opened his eyes, I spoke. “Hi handsome.”

 

“Am I dreaming or are you actually here?” He asked with a smile.

“I’m here sweetheart.” I said cuddling up next to him.

He wrapped his arms around me and smiled. “I thought I was dreaming about you again. I’d much rather have the real you any day.”

I blushed and then smiled. “You dreamt about me last night?” I asked.

 

“I haven’t stopped dreaming about you since we met. I can close my eyes and hear your voice clear as day. I see you, I feel you, and I can taste you.” He said happily. “I think it’s safe to say that I’m obsessed with my girlfriend.”

I started blushing and bit my lip. “I think you are obsessed.” I said with a small smile.

“Well what’s not to obsess over? You’re perfect for me.” He said as he kissed my forehead.

“I don’t know.” I said with a giggle. “How was dropping off Layla?”

“Oh! It was fine. I dropped her off, spent some time with your parents, and then left.” He said nonchalantly.

“What? Why? What did you say?” I asked.

“I told them that I asked you and you said yes. I talked with them some more about me and got to know them a little bit better. It was fun.” He said smiling once more.

“Oh ok.” I said returning his smile. I hoped nothing embarassing had happened in my absence but I didn’t want to press him about it any further. “So what are your plans for today, your Highness?” I said in my best servant voice.

“Actually, I have nothing planned for today. But you know what? I’d love to spend time with my favorite girl if she is available.” He whispered into my ear.

“Well I can go call Sarah and see if she’s available.” I said as I started to get up.

Quickly he grabbed me and pulled me back down. He kissed me quickly and said, “She’s not my favorite girl, baby. You are.”

I blushed once more and said, “Just checking,” before I kissed him. “Considering I’ve done some chores already, Catherine doesn’t ever need me, and I have nothing else that needs to be done, I’m all yours.”

“You're definitely all mine." He said with a smile. “But since it’s almost lunchtime, let’s go get some food and just see where the rest of the day takes us.”

“I don’t care where I go, Kai. As long as it’s with you, I could go anywhere.” I said kissing his cheek.

After lunch, Kai and I spent the afternoon watching movies in the TV room. He let me lay on him during the movies and we watched some of his favorites. After the third one ended, I looked outside to see if the sun had gone down yet. “Hmm, it’s not sunset yet.” I said turning around to look at him. “I thought for sure it was night.”

He smiled and got up. “Let’s go for a walk.” He grabbed my hand and we left the castle. We walked along the borders of the palace grounds and ended back up at the lake where we had shared our first kiss. Kai stopped me at the edge of the water and sighed happily. We sat down on the ground and started watching the sunset.

“Kai…” I said as I laid my head on his shoulder. “Could you be any more wonderful?”

“You make me want to be.” He said with a smile. “Today has been absolutely perfect.”

“All we did was watch movies and then come here.” I laughed.

“But I’m doing this with my girlfriend. It’s different.” He said as he wrapped his arm around me. “I can’t make memories like this with just anyone.” I looked over at him and smiled. We both leaned in but our lips didn’t touch. He stared into my eyes and I tried my best not to blink as I got lost in his eyes. The warmth from his beautiful brown eyes engulfed me and I was unable to break away.

“Shouldn’t… Shouldn’t we be watching the sunset?” I asked quietly.

 

“You’re more beautiful than any sunset.” He said with a sigh.

“Thank you.” I said with a smile. “My boyfriend thinks I’m beautiful.”

“Your boyfriend thinks you’re stunning.” He whispered.

He started to say something when I lightly pressed my lips against his. “Your girlfriend thinks you look even better.”

“My girlfriend. I still can’t believe it Mel.” He stated.

“How could I ever have said no?” I asked. “You’re everything I want.”

“Baby, you’re everything I need.” He said before kissing my forehead sweetly. “And so much more.” I blushed and giggled as his lips brushed along my jaw. “I love you Melody.”

“I love you Jongin.” I whispered back before kissing him once more. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Anything.” He replied.

“Why don’t you like it when most people call you Jongin? I mean, it is your name, after all.” I asked.

“Hmm. Well, ever since I was little, Jongin has a lot more weight to it. It’s always Prince Jongin you should do this and Prince Jongin wants that. I grew to hate it and what it meant. Prince Jongin should be this way. I wanted to be seen as a person. So I have my friends and those closest to me call me Kai. It doesn’t have the same significance.” He said truthfully. “But when you say it, it does something to me. It gives me this feeling of power, I guess you could call it.”

“So if I say it right now, what will happen?” I asked.

“I might just have to kiss you until I can’t feel my lips anymore.” He said with a wink.

“Guess what?” I asked sneakily.

“What angel?” He asked preparing himself.

 

“I love you, Prince Jongin.” I said before quickly getting up and running away. I began running back to the castle and laughed at what I had just done. He was probably still stuck back there, sitting with his mouth wide open. A few moments later, I was swooped up by a pair of arms. “Hey!”

“Hey.” He said breathlessly. He leaned down and kissed me softly before carrying me back into the castle. He stopped by the kitchen to see how Onew was doing with dinner and then carried me back into the TV room. He laid me down on the couch and pecked my lips. “I’ll go get our dinner.” He said with a smile. He wasn’t gone long and he brought back dinner for us as well as drinks.

After we ate, he put a new movie on and I laid my head in his lap. “Is this ok?” I asked.

“Just fine. You comfortable?” He asked as he covered me with a blanket. I nodded and he began rubbing my back softly. When that movie ended, neither of us wanted to move, so he turned the television off. “Melody?” He whispered softly.

“Yes sweetheart?” I responded.

“This has been the most relaxing day I’ve had in awhile. Thank you.” He said with a sigh.

“Thank you for spending it with me.” I smiled.

“I wish we could have more days like this. A day of you and me just being together and I get to hold you for a long period of time. That’s one of my favorite parts.” He said as he leaned down and kissed my cheek lightly.

“Could they be anymore sickingly sweet?” Catherine called from the doorway.

“Hm. I hope not.” Sehun responded with a laugh.

“Oh hi you two.” Kai said with a smile. I tried to move but he kept his arm around me preventing me from moving.

“You guys have been gone all day.” I said with a laugh.

“Well of course we were. Sehunnie took me shopping for accessories for Elenoir this morning and then since we were close to his castle, we went and visited his parents. It was fun.” She explained.

“We just got back about 5 minutes ago.” Sehun said with a nod. “What did you two do?”

“Oh, not much. We just watched a couple movies.” I said with a laugh.

After spending some time with them, Kai and I walked back up to my room. “Goodnight Melody.” He said happily before kissing me goodnight.

“Goodnight Jongin.” I breathed. I wish every day could be like this.