Chapter 33: Very Impromptu

Yes, Your Highness

During the dinner, Kai and I had to be at separate tables, but we kept stealing glances at each other. When our eyes finally met, he winked at me causing me to blush instantly. After it was over, it was time to go to the bachelorette party, but before I could leave Kai pulled me aside.

“Hello beautiful,” he said with a smile.

“Hi,” I giggled.

“I know things have been sort of rocky for us lately, but I was wondering something. Will you be my date for tomorrow?” He smiled at me again and I sighed happily.

“Aren't we already going together?” I asked.

“Well we have to do the maid of honor/best man thing, but…” His voice trailed off and immediately, I hugged him.

“I'd love to be your date for tomorrow,” I said as I kissed him on the cheek.

“Kiss her! Kiss her! Kiss her!” Kai’s friends yelled as they started going out the door. 

He rolled his eyes and looked back at me. “I'll see you tomorrow morning?” I nodded and he hugged me tightly. “You're going to look so beautiful.”

“Hopefully not too beautiful,” I giggled. “It is Ginny's wedding.”

“Trust me. I won't be looking at her,” he said before grabbing my hand and kissing it sweetly. Then, he walked out the door of the church to join his friends.

“Should I take it that Kailody is back together?” Catherine asked, appearing behind me.

“Cat! I- we…” I started to stumble over my words and she just laughed.

“I'll take that as a yes. Don't worry. Secret’s safe with me!” She yelled as she walked out as well. 

“It's not a secret!” I called as I chased after her.

The bachelorette party was fun and we went to a nightclub for dancing and desserts. The girls decided to tell their engagement stories and Ginny went first.

“Well the way Tae proposed was just perfect. He took me horseback riding. We stopped at this beautiful meadow where he had a picnic laid out for me. Over dessert, he told me how much he loved me and asked me to be Mrs. Lee Taemin. ‘Why prolong the inevitable?’” Ginny sighed happily. “I know it's so quick for us and I'm really thankful that all of you have been so supportive. It's just so important that my dad sees me walk down the aisle.”

We all gave her supportive smiles and one of her bridesmaids went next. Eventually it got down to me and Catherine. “Hunnie’s proposal… In case you all didn't know, he's one of the groomsmen. Well the whole thing still gives me chills everytime. He took me to my favorite restaurant, where he paid a violinist to play our favorite song. Then we went for a walk on the beach. Under a sky full of fireworks, he confessed his love and asked me to marry him.” Catherine blushed and quickly looked down at her ring. 

Several of the girls gushed over how sweet it was and then everyone looked at me. “Um me? Well… I'm dating the best man. Not engaged yet,” I started fiddling with my necklace becoming slightly nervous. 

“You're dating the best man?” A bridesmaid asked. “He's gorgeous.” I giggled and nodded. “If I weren't already married, I'd be all over that.”

“Darn it! So he's not single? Just when I thought I had found my new love affair.” Another girl added.

“Nope. Sorry ladies. He's made it very clear that he only has eyes for one,” Catherine said nudging my shoulder. I blushed quickly and looked down.

“But wait, tonight you two didn't seem so very happy,” the first bridesmaid interjected. 

“We had a little misunderstanding, but we’re still together,” I said smiling.

“Yeah you should have seen them after the rehearsal was over,” Ginny said with a wink. I blushed again and the conversation went on to a different topic. 

After I got home from the party, I decided to take a little detour to my room and go past Kai's room. His door was basically closed, but I wanted to see him. I knocked on the door and a sleepy shirtless Kai opened it only a few moments later. My heart started pounding when I realized I woke up him.

“Oh Kai! I didn't know you were asleep. I'm so sorry. I'll just go.” I turned to leave but he grabbed my hand instead. 

“No. Come in. Is something wrong?” He went in and his bedside lamp. Then he motioned for me to come sit beside him.

Quickly I made my way to his bed and sat down on the edge of it awkwardly. “No nothing is wrong.” I gave him a small smile and then quickly looked down. “I just… I don't know. I don't even know why I bothered you. I'm sorry.” I got up to leave and quickly he pulled me back down.

“You aren't bothering me,” he said cupping my face with one hand. I smiled and nuzzled my face towards his hand so that my lips were barely touching his palm. “I'm glad you woke me up.”

“I still don't really know what I'm doing in here,” I sighed.

“I know what you're doing,” he whispered as he leaned in closer to me.

“What is it that I'm doing then?” I asked playfully.

“You're getting tackle hugged!” He yelled as he quickly wrapped his arms around me pushing me against the bed. I started laughing and I returned his hug gladly. I closed my eyes enjoying our embrace. When I opened them again, he was looking down at me, biting his lip gently.

“Hi,” he whispered. I sighed as the tension between us grew. His eyes flickered from my lips to my eyes and back to my lips again. 

“Would you hate me if I kissed you?” I whispered.

“I could never ha-” He started to respond but I cut him off by gently brushing my lips against his, emulating our first kiss. A moment passed between us and he smirked, knowing what was coming next. I smiled before I kissed him again adding the same amount of force that he first did so long ago. Instinctively, he returned the kiss holding nothing back. He started with quick forceful kisses and then began my lips lightly in between, begging for entrance. I wrapped one arm around his neck and let him in. He smiled and held me closer to him. My hands wandered across his and the tone of his muscles made me quiver. I took one hand and moved it slowly along his upper arm, enjoying every moment. His hands slid from my waist down to my hips, making me tremble even more. I grabbed onto him tighter to help me stop shaking, but then he moved onto my neck.

“Oh no,” I whispered, knowing exactly what he was doing. 

“Oh yes,” he mumbled in midkiss.

“Kai, if you leave a mark. It will show tomorrow,” I warned.

“Isn't that what I'm aiming for here?” He asked before he started kissing the other side.

“No. That's not what we're aiming for,” I giggled.

He smirked and continued with his constant torture. As soon as he went back to my lips, I rolled us over so that way I was now on top. 

“Let's see how you like it,” I said as I began kissing down his neckline.

“Mel, you’re killing me,” he said, as I took my time making sure to hit all of his most sensitive places. I simply smirked and when I reached the area above his collarbone, I bit it lightly. 

“How do you like me now?” I whispered hotly into his ear.

“I love you,” he said breathlessly before reconnecting our lips. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair as our very impromptu makeout session slowly ended. 

“I love you too,” I whispered as I looked down at his face. 

I rolled over so that I was beside him and we both propped up so that we could look at one another. He took his hand and began tracing the lines on my face. “This is the best reason I've ever been woken up,” he said with a smile.

“Hey I originally didn't come in here for that!” I exclaimed with a blush. “I just missed you. I've missed you so much.” I leaned in and kissed his lips gently. “So so much.”

“I missed you too baby,” he said before kissing me back. “I'm never letting work get in the way again. I have to kiss you at least once a day and spend more than 5 minutes with you.”

“Maybe if I'm lucky, you might kiss me twice a day,” I said with a laugh.

“If I'm lucky, there will be much more than that,” he said as he kissed me once more.

“Goodnight Kaikai,” I said as I hugged him goodbye.

“Baby, you could just stay in here. With me,” he said suggestively looking towards the vacant pillow beside him. 

I shook my head and got up. “No can do. I have to get up to be with the bride in the morning and everything is in my room.”

“I'm not in there though,” he whispered as he hugged me from behind. 

“Another night. I promise,” I said as I kissed him on the cheek. He nodded and told me goodnight. Quickly, I walked to my room and got into bed. I knew for sure I wasn't going to be getting much sleep. 

I finally fell asleep within the hour and woke up to the sun streaming into my window. I looked towards my window and saw that sitting on the sill was another rose in a vase. I giggled happily and went over to read the attached note.

I can't stop thinking about you. 

Oh my. I started giggling even harder and I went to go get Ginny to help her get ready for her wedding. Several hours later, we were at the church all dressed up. We had about half an hour to go and she was more excited than anything. 

“This is it. I'm marrying Taemin. I can't believe I'm marrying Taemin!” She gushed as she looked in the mirror.

“Believe it girl, because that man is all yours,” said the love affair bridesmaid from last night. 

I smiled and went over and fixed her dress making sure every little detail was absolutely perfect. “Mel, there's no way we could have pulled this off without you. Thank you,” she said giving me a hug.

“You're very welcome. I just hope you'll help me with mine,” I said with a wink.

“You got engaged to the gorgeous man?” Asked the other bridesmaid.

“Me? No. I just have a feeling that this relationship will end up with a happy ending,” I looked down at the necklace Kai got me and blushed. To think that one day this could be me at our wedding… It's impossible to imagine.

“If it doesn't, I'll be really surprised. They're the perfect match, which makes them the perfect maid of honor and best man for this wedding,” Catherine stated.

I smiled and went to check my checklist. Everything was marked off. Everything had been completed. I scrolled my eyes down the page and noticed that someone had written something else.

Kiss Kai before the wedding.

I rolled my eyes and told everyone I'd be right back. I found one of the ushers and asked him to please get Kai and have him meet me in one of the hallways. I only waited a few minutes before he arrived and when I saw him, he looked as handsome as ever. His tux fit him in all the right places and his hair was done perfectly. 

As soon as he saw me, his eyes lit up. “Hello gorgeous.”

“Hello handsome. Have you seen my boyfriend anywhere? He's about 5’10”, has chocolate brown hair, and eyes that would make any girl swoon,” I said with a giggle.

“Hmm. Maybe. Have you seen my girlfriend? She's about 5’ 6”, beautiful curly brown hair, and green eyes I can get lost in,” he said with a smirk.

“I think I may have seen her,” I said with a smile as I kissed him sweetly.

“What that's the only kiss I get? I'm all dressed up! I look nice,” he pouted cutely.

“Makeup Kai,” I said rolling my eyes as I wiped my lipgloss off of his lips.

“Can't you just redo it?” He asked begging me for another kiss.

I simply shook my head and gave him a hug. “Just think of last night instead,” I said as I started walking back to where the girls were. 

He grabbed my hand, quickly stopping me in my tracks. “I haven't stopped thinking about it.”

“Later Kai. I promise,” I said letting go of his hand. I walked back to the room where the girls were and everyone stared at me when I walked in. I quickly walked over to the mirror, rechecked my makeup and put on a new layer of lipgloss. “What? There was something else on my checklist.”