Chapter 19: We Are Going On A Date!

Yes, Your Highness

After our makeout session, I got some time to just lay in his arms. There, I was perfectly content. There, I knew I was safe. In his arms, nothing hurt, not even my shoulder. “Hey Mel?” He asked.

“Yes?” I responded.

“Do you have this feeling that we are going to get caught at any minute?” He asked with a laugh.

I started laughing as well. “Yes. Can’t I just spend some time with my--- with you, without thinking that I’m going to be in some sort of trouble?”

“What am I to you?” He asked me completely out of the blue.

“I… Um… You’re…. Welll... “ I struggled to find a definition for us. “Well we aren’t dating.” i finally said with a sigh.

“But you’d like to. You want to date me right?” He asked.

“Kai, what kind of question is that even? Do I want to date you? Of course I do!” I said rolling my eyes.

“Then for today, let’s just pretend we are dating. Let’s forget Sarah and all of that. We have the day to ourselves. We can do what we want.” He said kissing my forehead.

“Ok.” I said giggling. “So what are we going to do?”

“We are going on a date!” Kai said getting up quickly. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder exiting my room.

“Kai! Put me down! Someone is going to see!” I said squealing.

“I don’t care.” He said.

He carried me out to his car and put me in the passenger’s seat. I could see that some things were packed in the back seat and something told me he had this all planned out. He drove around for at least 10 minutes saying nothing. Suddenly, I saw the ocean up ahead and a beautiful sandy white beach with no one on it. He parked his car, grabbed his stuff out of the back, and finally let me out. “Kai… This is gorgeous!”

“I figured you needed to get out of the castle.” He said smiling.

I wrapped my arm around him and gave him a kiss. “YES! I’ve never even been to the beach before….. Crap. I didn’t bring a swimsuit.” I said sadly.

Kai held up a beach bag. “I brought you one. Key made it for you so I know it’s the right size. Changing area is over there.” Kai said as he pointed to a place with restrooms. “I’ll meet you in a few.” He said kissing my cheek.

I went, put on the swimsuit he gave me, and looked in the mirror. It hugged me in all the right places and for a moment I thought I even looked better than Sarah. I smiled at my reflection and went outside. I saw his Royal Gorgeousness putting out chairs and an umbrella for us. He was shirtless of course and wearing blue swim trunks that went perfectly with his skin tone. It took everything I had not to stop and just watch him from afar. As I walked over, he was finishing setting up. When he saw me, he froze in place. I decided to sit down in my chair and his eyes never left me. I laughed and waved a hand in front of his face. “Yoo-hoo! Lover boy.” I said giggling.

Quickly he shook his head and said, “I have got to get you out of the castle more often.” He grabbed the sunscreen out of his bag and offered it to me. I gladly took it and put some on but had trouble reaching my back.

“Um, Kai. Could you?” I asked.

“Gladly.” He said with a smirk. He rubbed it on and then started giving my shoulders a massage.

“Since when are you a masseuse?” I asked, finally letting myself relax. He just simply laughed and continued. He was so gentle with my hurt shoulder that I quite honestly didn't want him to stop. When he was done, he asked if I’d do the same for him. I giggled and happily obliged. Afterwards, I sat on his chair beside him. “So what do we do now?” I asked.

“Whatever we want.” He said taking hold of my hand. I sighed and suddenly was pulled up from the chair. “Come with me.” He said smiling.

We walked up to the waves and let our feet touch. Instinctively, I grabbed onto his arm. “I’ve never been this close to the ocean before.” I said.

“Baby, it’s fine. It’s just water. Don’t you trust me?” He asked. I nodded and we went in a little deeper. After I finally got used to it, I let go. We went further into the water and he taught me how to swim around using my good arm. We were swimming around watching some big waves off in the distance when i felt his arms wrap around me. I turned around and looked at him. I gave him a small smile and he leaned down to kiss me. I wrapped my good arm around his neck and he lifted me up never breaking our kiss. I wrapped my legs around him and he began carrying me towards shore. Once we reached land, he took me over to one of our chairs.

“That’s one way to get me out of the water.” I said giggling. He kissed my nose and handed me my towel.

“I have lunch for us.” He said revealing some sandwiches and drinks that he had brought. “I made them myself.” He said proudly.

I smiled at him and took a sandwich happily. For the next hour, we had lunch and watched the waves while we talked. Soon after, I started to yawn. “I’m sorry sweetheart. I’m not tired. I promise.”

Kai smiled and pulled out a blanket. He took his chair and scooted it next to mine so that we didn’t have room between us. He lifted our middle arm rests and put the blanket over top of us. I gave him a small smile and he put his arm around me. Happily, I leaned in. “Just a little nap, okay?” I asked placing one of my arms over his stomach.

He kissed my head and said, “Take all the time you need, baby. We have all day.”

 

When I woke up, I could smell the ocean which reminded me that I was at the beach! I looked over at Kai and saw that he was still sleeping. I know he hasn’t had much of a time to rest since Sarah got here and I know for sure he deserves a break. I’m sure his arm is probably going to hurt when he gets up because I’ve been laying on it though. Since I really had to go to the bathroom, I went back to the changing area, leaving Kai to rest. Once I got in there, I saw that it was 4 PM. Quickly, I used the restroom and ran out of there. I didn’t know when Sarah would be back, but I did know that he and I didn’t have any excuses to be out here together. I ran over to where he was sleeping. Gently, I kissed his lips hoping that would wake him up. To my surprise, he didn’t move, so I kissed him a little bit harder this time and longer. After a few seconds, he responded by kissing me back.

“Good morning.” He said while cutely yawning.

“Good afternoon, your Highness.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Why are you calling me that?” He asked quickly looking around trying to see who spotted us.

“Don’t worry. No one’s here.” I said with a chuckle.

“Whew!” He said laying back on his chair. “You almost gave me a heart attack.”

“Sorry Kaikai.” I said kissing his cheek. “But it is 4 PM. We probably should be getting back.”

He checked his watch and shook his head. “We have at least 30 more minutes. Catherine’s spa days take forever. I know.” He said pulling his sunglasses down on his face.

“Well if you’re sure…” I said before quickly pulling him up from where he was standing and pulling him to the ocean.

“Mel, what are you doing?” He asked as we got closer to the water.

“Something I’ve always wanted to do at a beach.” I said as we reached the water’s edge. “Now you stand here.” He nodded and watched me as I walked in the opposite direction. He cocked his head but didn’t say anything. Once I was ready, I smiled and he smiled back looking confused. I giggled and then ran into his arms, toppling him into the ocean. As the waves came up, I kissed him. As I tried separating from him, he pulled me back down.

“If you wanted to make out with me by the ocean, you should have just said so.” He said before kissing me slowly.

As the next wave toppled over us, I giggled again. “I saw it in a movie the other day. I had to try it.” I said leaning down to kiss him once more. I then sat beside him on the sand and watched as the waves came in.

He turned to look at me and smiled. “We will have plenty of time to recreate movie moments. I promise.” He said smiling.

“You absolutely promise?” I asked.

“I absolutely promise.” He said with a sigh.

I nodded and then got up. “You and I better get home. Before they do.” I said sadly.

He got up and took my hand. “Let’s just stay for a little while longer. Please?” He asked me pleadingly. i nodded and he smiled. He looked down at our hands and said, “Why is it that something this small makes me makes this happy?”

“Oh, Kaikai.” I said sighing knowing how he felt. It was such a rare occasion we could be together and even more rare of an occasion for us to hold hands for this long. “I’m trying.” I said quietly.

“I know you are, Angel.” He said kissing the back of my hand. “It’s not you and it’s not me. It’s this whole circumstance. Today has been perfect. Nothing to worry about and no one for that matter. If I could, I’d stay here with you forever. You know that right?” He asked tears filling his eyes.

I wrapped my good arm around his neck. “I know. And that’s all I need to know. Oh! And that you love me.” I said giving him a weak smile.

He pulled me close and said, “I love you more than you’ll ever know.” And with that, the tears from his eyes fell.

He kissed me softly and then walked back to the chairs to put away our stuff. Watching him walk away made my heart hurt. Unconsciously, I put the beach bag on my hurt shoulder. I cried out in pain and sank to my knees. Quickly, Kai rushed over to me. “You need ice. And your medicine. And your sling. You didn’t bring it, did you?” He asked. I shook my head no and he sighed. He picked me up in his arms and carried me to the changing area. “Get dressed. I’ll be here when you get out.” I nodded and went in to change. I tried not using my hurt shoulder the best that I could. When I came out,  he was already changed. He picked me up once more and carried me to the car. “I’ll get you home.” He said placing me in my seat.

The drive home was quick and quiet. He left everything in the car and picked me up out of my seat. “Kai, someone is going to see.” I said breathing through the pain.

“Don’t worry about that.” He said carrying me through the castle doors. He carried me to my room and no one saw us. He laid me down on my bed, got me a glass of water, and handed me my medicine. I took it happily and he put my arm in the sling. “I’m an idiot. Of course you wouldn’t wear this today.” He said muttering under his breath.

“Don’t blame yourself. Please.” I said wanting to cry as I saw the pain in his eyes.

“If I hadn’t taken you to the beach…” He started.

“If you hadn’t taken me to the beach, we wouldn’t have had the wonderful day we did.” I said finishing his sentence. He gave me a small smile and nodded. “I wouldn’t have traded today for anything.” I said squeezing his hand.

“I wouldn’t trade you for anything, Mel.” He said softly.