Chapter 9: Han's home

Spring

Han woke up a bit earlier than Yixing, since he didn't want to sleep on his own bed and have Yixing sleep on the floor, Han's mother suggested that they both sleep on the floor. But there will be a mattress under them of course.

He opens his eyes to find Yixing facing him, the beautiful man's face relaxed and peaceful, eyes closed. Han admires the man's look, his beautiful straight nose, his pretty soft lips, the bottom lip fuller than the top. He smiles at the cuteness of Yixing's sleeping face and his adorably short lashes.

A noise interrupts Han's mesmerized state, he turns around and looks at the door.

"Oh no, I hope I didn't wake them up." Han hears his mother say.

"What did you drop?" His father asks.

"I just put the bowl on the table a little too loud." was the reply.

After a few moments of silence, Mr. Lu says, "They're still sleeping, I don't hear anything."

After 18, a deer's ears get really sensitive, that is how Han was able to hear his parents whisper from the room below.

Yixing moves, draping his arm over Han, their faces close to each other. Han stiffens, he is lying on the ground, on a mattress with a man who is sleeping next to him who has his arm draped over him, this doesn't look too appealing.

Han couldn't speak and tell Yixing, because then his parents would hear him. Slowly, Han moves to the side so as to not wake up Yixing, but the other man's arms only hold on tighter. His parents should be in the living room in a couple minutes, he will just wait until then. Defeated, Han decides to just close his eyes and go back to sleep. But it was impossible, a beautiful specimen too good for this world is sleeping next to him. Opening his eyes, Han suddenly had the urge to kiss Yixing right there and then. His parents have probably moved to the living room to drink their morning tea by now, so they most likely won't be able to hear as clearly considering they are old. And it is just him and the man he wants to kiss in the room currently. The blinds are closed and the room dark, no one will ever know.

He looks away, blushing bright red, what was wrong with him? He's a man, a manly man, he should be having these sudden urges and attractions to women, not this beautiful man next to him. Or any man for that matter.

Han sighs and sits ups, causing Yixing to wake up.

"Huh? What happened?"

Han smiles at the cuteness, he looked like a lost confused lamb, "Nothing happened Yixing, I just woke you up on accident. Go back to sleep."

"Oh.. you are Han right?"

"Yes..."

"And I am sleeping in your house because my home is far away.."

"Yes..."

Yixing smiles tiredly, "Oh... okay then. But I think it impolite to over sleep when one is a guest in a friend's house. Good Morning Han-gē, how are you this morning?"

Han smiles, "Good, how are you this morning?"

"Tired."

The two laugh and help each other put away the mattress and blankets.

"You two are awake already?" Han's mother says, surprised. She sets down her tea cup, "I will get breakfast ready."

"No, mama, it's okay. I will get it ready for Yixing and I, go have your tea. Don't worry." Han assures his mother.

Reluctantly, she goes back to her chair. Yixing stays in the living room as Han goes to cook them oatmeal.

"Good morning Mrs. Han, did you sleep well last night?" Yixing asks, smiling.

She smiles back, "Yes, I did. Thank you for asking. How was your night? You slept well I hope?"

"It was very comfortable ma'am, thank you for taking care of me Mrs. Han."

"Oh, it is nothing really." Mrs. Han smiles bashfully.

Han comes back from the kitchen to announce that their breakfast is ready. Yixing stands up and bows to Han's parents before following Han into the kitchen.

"This is good." Yixing compliments. "What is it called?"

"Oatmeal, have you ever had any before?" Han asks.

Yixing shakes his head, "No, for breakfast my pixie friend called Meili would cut up apples or some kind of fruit for me and sometimes Kris."

"Kris?" Han looks at Yixing curiously.

Yixing nods, taking a spoonful of his oatmeal. "Kris Wu, my dragon friend. I thought I told you about him yesterday..." The unicorn trails off, not sure about his statement either.

Han tries to search his memory for the name but ends up with nothing, "No, sorry."

"Ah.. that's okay. You might be able to meet him one day." Yixing smiles at Han and finishes his oatmeal.

"I will patiently wait for the day then." Han quickly finishes his breakfast. Taking his bowl and Yixing's to the sink to wash it. As he is washing the dishes, Yixing stands behind Han, watching his every move. Feeling conscious, Han looks at Yixing.

"Oh, sorry, it's just really cool how you wash the dishes. I have never washed the dishes before." Yixing admits.

Han raises his brow, "You have never?"

Yixing's cheeks turn pink, "No."

"Oh, well, one day I'll teach you." Han smiles at the unicorn man, "Don't worry."

Yixing smiles back, "Okay." he holds out his pinky, "Promise?"

Han takes out his pinky, "Promise."

They link pinkies, giggling like children.

"What's going on here? Why are you two giggling like school girls?" Han's father walks in, smiling mockingly.

Han puts away his pinky, "Nothing baba." He finishes the dishes and goes into his room, Yixing close behind. "Do you have your pack? We will have to leave again." Han says.

"Oh." Yixing walks out of the room to go get his pack. Han sighs and looks out the window. He doesn't know what to do anymore. For some reason it feels like his task to go find mate is complete. Yixing looks like he is comfortable in this house. To Han it's almost kind of like he is meant to be here. Sleeping next to him every night and waking up to his handsome face every morning. He shakes his head and leaves the room, meeting Yixing on the way.

"You ready?" He asks.

Yixing nods, "Yes."

"Mama, baba, I'm leaving again." He announces.

"What? Already?" His mother rushes to the door. "But you just got here, yesterday."

"I know, but I have to find my mate and so does Yixing." Han explains. "See you again mama, wo ai ni." He hugs his mother and father. "Come on Yixing."

"Okay, Bye Mr and Mrs. Han, thank you for taking care of me. I will visit again." He quickly hugs Mrs. Han and gives Mr. Han a handshake.

Han's parents stay out on the porch, watching as their only son leaves once again. "Bye Han!"

"Stay safe son!"