Chapter 13: Raindrops

Spring

He walks in to see Ms. Li sitting close to Yixing, too close for his liking. Wait, what is wrong with him? What is this feeling?

Han shakes his head and fully
enters the room. "Do you feel better Yixing?"

Both Yixings look at him, the male chuckles. "I'm feeling much better Han-ge, you don't have to worry about me it was just some poisonous berries."

Han raises a perfect eyebrow at what Yixing had said, "Just some poisonous berries?" Han shakes his head,"You could have died Yixing."

"He is fine now and that is all that matters at the moment." Ms. Li cuts in. "We need to get your health back to normal, rest is what you need at the moment Yixing-ge."

Han's gut twists slightly, and a feeling he can't quite decipher comes up to his chest. It should have been him that said that, it should be him sitting next to Yixing, it should all be him. Everything was perfect until the girl came along. No... Everything was perfect until he left Yixing alone. They should have never split up, they should have stayed together. It was all his fault, he doesn't deserve Yixing. Han hides his guilty look and nods, "Rest is what you need right now."

Two weeks have passed and Yixing is slowly showing signs of getting better.

One rainy day, while Ms. Li left the two alone so she could go cook dinner, Yixing brought up the subject that had been on Han's mind for a while.

"I wonder what my parents are doing now..." Yixing says softly, staring out the window.

The raindrops race each other down the window Han follows a pair with his eyes. "They're fine Yixing, no need to worry."

"They must be worried. I haven't returned home and it's been two and a half weeks since I've been gone. The red string of fate should've led me to my mate already." Yixing says after a moment of silence.

Han glances at Yixing, he looks so sad sitting there worrying about his family. Han's chest tightens feeling pained at the thought of Yixing hurting inside.

"What if-" Han's stomach drops at what he was going to say next, a feeling of dread overcomes his other emotions. What if the answer Yixing gave him wasn't the one he wanted?

Yixing looks at Han curiously, "What?"

The sound of the rain hitting the roof suddenly becomes deafening, "What if Miss Li was your mate? What if you just don't know it?" The room suddenly seems too small and tight. Han wanted to stand up and get out of the house, run away from this dreaded place.

Yixing doesn't say anything for a while, looking down at the floor. "I've been thinking that too. But..."

A feeling of hope fills Han, what if he doesn't have feelings towards Miss Li? "But?" Han presses.

Yixing looks deep into Han's eyes, conflict going on inside his head. His mouth opens and then closes turning to the window, the rain showing no sign of stopping. "Nevermind, you're probably right. It's probably just Fate trying to make us recognize each other as mates."

"Oh.... Yeah." Han looks away, disappointment filling his insides. What was he hoping for anyway? Yixing is a man, and he was a man, two men cannot be together. It's not unheard of but is rare. His parents had said that it didn't matter who he brought home but he knew they were expecting a girl. His throat tightens and tears form behind his eyes.

"Alright you two, time for dinner." Miss Li appears at the doorway. Her pink lips stretched in a smile showing perfect white teeth. She looks between the two men and her smile drops, "Is something wrong?"

Han rapidly blinks away the tears, "No, not at all. It's just the weather getting to us." He stands up and walks past Miss Li, a sour feeling in his stomach at the sight of the pretty woman that took away the man whom he has come to care so much about. "Come on Yixing." He throws a glance over his shoulder at the beautiful man looking out the window.

Yixing faces Han as he turns away; the face that he suddenly didn't want to see; 
the man that broke his heart.