Chapter 15: Butterflies

Spring

Han lays on his bed, the house had quieted down after Yixing got out of the bathroom. The sound of the rain hitting the window pane surrounded his ears, his throat tightens and his chest felt heavy. He had never felt this way before, what was happening? Why is Yixing making him feel this way?

"Nevermind, you're probably right. It's probably just Fate trying to make us recognize each other as mates."

Mates. Suddenly the idea of two people destined for each other wasn't so appealing anymore. Yixing and Miss Li are mates, that leaves Han alone. He would have to eventually leave the two and find his mate. Things would be so much easier if one could have the person they wanted. Han covers his eyes with his arm and sighs, realization dawning on him -- the person he wanted was Yixing.

Han wakes up the next morning, going over  everything that had happened the day before. He groans internally and covers his face turning in bed. He has feelings for Yixing. A man. To be honest, Han had never expected himself to fall for a man this came as a surprise for even himself. Butterflies swarm in his stomach and he rolls himself in his blanket.

"Why..." Han groans, "Why did I have to fall for that man?"

After a moment of silence, Miss Li opens Han's room. "Han!" She sees him rolled like a burrito and laughs, "What are you doing you silly ge-ge!"

Han unrolls himself and smiles sheepishly, "What did you want Miss Li?"

"I wanted to show you the rainbow. I rarely ever see one, they're so beautiful. Come on Lu-ge!"

Knowing that he will have to see Yixing, Han hesitates but Miss Li's excited face makes him agree. "Alright." He stands up and follows Miss Li into the living room. Yixing stands in front of the window looking up at the rainbow, when they enter the room he looks at them making eye contact with Han. Han stands there, rooted to the spot now that he knew his feelings for Yixing. What should he do? Say hi? He opens his mouth to say something but Miss Li runs to the window. 

"A rainbow." She breathes. "It is truly beautiful." 

Han hesitantly walks over next to Yixing, towering over the female Yixing. 

"Good morning Lu-ge. Did you sleep well?" Yixing asks. 

Han glues his eyes to the window not knowing what he would do if he made eye contact this close to Yixing. "I did sleep well, thank you." the butterflies were fluttering here and there in his stomach, Han had not completely accepted his uality yet. 

"That's good." Their conversation from the day before replays in Han's mind and a heavy weight fills his chest. Yixing and Miss Li are destined for each other, he had no use here. Yixing fell off that cliff for a reason, the water was leading him to Miss Li, Han had just tagged along in the ride because he did not want to leave Yixing just yet. He still did not want to leave Yixing. But what if... Han looks at the unicorn and he looks back, what if there was a way to be with the person not destined for you? 

"Han-ge? Is something wrong?" Yixing asks. Han smiles, "No, I'm fine. Don't worry." He was going to find a way to be with Yixing. 

A/N: Hello my readers! I apologize for this short chapter, this place looked like a good place to leave a cliffhanger so... here it is ^_^ I hope you all enjoyed the chapter sorry for the long wait I had writers block and I am currently working on drafting and publishing another book.