Chapter 4: Rainbow Subway

Spring

Two days later, Yixing was packed and ready. Since unicorns were able to digest the same foods as deer, he wouldn't have a problem with finding food.

"Bye, mama and baba! I'm leaving." He announces as he steps out of the house.

After three hours of fussing over him, Yixing's mother finally allowed him to go on his journey.
"Be careful! Make sure you get enough to eat and make sure to not get hurt you hear? Tuo Xing?" His mother calls out.

"Shì mama! I'll make sure to stay safe. Wo ai ni mama and baba, take care while I'm gone." he shouts back.

"We will, take care son!" His father calls out.

Yixing waves at them and turns around, walking until he was at the end of street. Yixing then swivels around to wave at his parents one last time, before he turned around and continued his path to his destination. Yixing was headed towards the bus station. There, he was to take the Rainbow-Subway down to land and start his journey for his mate in a forest. Each unicorn ended up at a different forest, the magic of the Rainbow-Subway leading them to their destiny.

"Ni hao, Yixing." the conductor greets, tipping his hat.

"Ni hao, gēgē." Yixing smiles brightly.

"On your way to find your mate I'm guessing?" The conductor says, as the doors of the subway close.

Yixing nods and the conductor smiles proudly. "It felt like only yesterday when you were a little foal, striking conversation with me. Now look at you, all grown up and ready to find a mate."

"Yes conductor-gēgē. Time seems to fly by doesn't it? Mother was so worried, she fussed over me for three hours." Yixing chuckles. "I'm going to miss Utopia."

"And we're going to miss you Tuo Xing." The conductor smiles sadly, a tear ready to fall down his wrinkly cheek.

Zhang Yixing, this is your stop. Lu Forest. The Rainbow Subway announces.

The conductor looks up as the subway makes the announcement. "Ah, already?" He says, disappointed. Looking at Yixing, the old man, gives him a proud smile. "Your path awaits you, may you come back successful Mr. Zhang."

The doors slide open and Yixng steps off. "Xie Xie Conductor-gēgē and Rainbow Subway." Yixing gives them a ninety-degree bow as the doors close. Waving to the conductor until the subway was just a tiny speck in the distance.

"Well, my destiny awaits me." He says cheerfully, walking into Lu forest.