Chapter 6: Black Wolf, White Wolf

Spring

Yixing looked around as he walked into Lu Forest. The snow had not yet melted in the forest and he wondered why. Looking around, he finally realized the reason why, the trees were huge and there were a lot of them, cluttered next to each other. The sun didn't reach the forest floor, resulting in the unmelted snow.

Yixing heard voices as he progressed.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" He heard a voice yell out. It sounded equivalent to that of a wolf.

"To find my mate." A different voice replies.

The first voice laughs rudely. "Your mate? You're already 26? You look no younger than 18"

Walking a bit more, Yixing caught sight of the owners of the voices. Two wolves, a black and a white one and a man. He looked really young, with big, beautiful, innocent eyes and soft brown hair. He strongly reminded Yixing of a deer. Guessing that the first voice belonged to one of the two wolves, and the second voice belonged to the man in between the two wolves, he hid behind a tree, eavesdropping on their conversation. He knew it wasn't polite to listen to the conversation of others, but if the man in the middle was going to be harmed, he may be of help.

"Yes I am 26. Shouldn't you be finding your mate too? You look like you're about 21."

"I don't need a mate. They would just be considered my weakness. I have more than enough enemies."

"Then maybe," Yixing steps out from behind the tree. "You shouldn't make anymore enemies. Instead of showing and feeling hatred, you should reveal and feel love. Everything is better when you have no grudge held against a person. Heal your scars, sometimes it is better to just forgive and forget."

He had learned that growing up. Sometimes it's better to forgive and forget. The scars don't have to disappear if you don't want them to, they could be kept as a memory of what you had overcome and accomplished.

"Who are you?" The black wolf asks, quite rudely.

"I am Zhang Yixing. Just a visitor, passing by to find my mate." Yixing replies kindly.

No matter how rude someone is, Yixing has always been taught to treat people with kindness and respect. Maybe they will one day realize their mistake, and follow his ways. And, it would be considered lowly of him to kneel to down their level, and return the rudeness.

He glances at the beautiful man and their eyes meet, but only for a split second before the other looked away.

"What are you? An Alpaca?" The black wolf says.

"No, a unicorn." He was always getting mistaken for an alpaca in his human form. Yixing had no idea why, maybe because Kris liked alpacas, he hung around them frequently. And then he would go to Yixing's house afterwards, leaving the smell of alpaca in his room.

"Unicorn?" The white wolf says, "Come on Kai, wouldn't want to get on a unicorn's bad side."

"But Taemin-." The black wolf starts to protest.

"Let's go." Taemin demands.

The black wolf called Kai, looks back at the man and snarls one last time, before he turns and follows Taemin.

Yixing looks at the man and smiles, giving him a bow, he introduces himself. "Hello, I am Zhang Yixing."

"Oh, uh, h-hello, I am Lu Han." Han introduces, returning the bow.

"There is no need to be nervous, Han. Just because I am a unicorn does not mean you have to treat me like a king. I am just like you, except I am a different specie and come from a different habitat." Yixing says, he guessed that Han's stuttering must have been because of his specie. Most animals usually did that, they would treat him like any other animal, but once he revealed his true nature, they would stutter and treat him differently. He didn't want that. He has done nothing to earn such a huge amount of respect from the fellow animals.

"O-okay, I'm sorry." Han apologizes, bowing again.

"Don't be, Lu Han. You have done nothing wrong." Yixing smiles reassuringly at Han.

"You can just call me Han." Han says.

"Oh, okay. Han, I like it. It is a really nice name. You can just call me Yixing. From what I heard you are 26, am I correct?"

Han nods as a reply.

"Wonderful, then that means you are a gēgē to me. I am 24."

"Oh..." was all the deer said.

Yixing couldn't help but admire the other man's features, he looked
quite adorable in his shy and nervous state. "You are here to look for a mate, am I correct?" Yixing asks.

"Yes, are you?"

"Yes. Which way are you headed?"

Han hesitated, trying to search for the feeling to help lead him to his mate. But the feeling was gone, strangely. Not wanting to look lost, Han pointed straight.

"Oh wonderful. I am not familiar with this forest, perhaps you could help me?" Yixing asks, hopefully.

"Sure." Han says, surprised.

"Thank you Han-ge." Yixing thanks, walking beside Han.

He wasn't going to lie, the silence between them was awkward. He knew nothing about the stranger that he saved from the wolves, and vice versa. His mother had always told him to be careful of strangers, but this man looked so innocent and kind, he couldn't possibly harm him. Yixing sneaked glances at Han once in a while. He still couldn't get over the fact of how someone could have the perfect features.