Chapter 12: Miss Li

Spring

Yixing wakes up with a throbbing headache. He finds himself sleeping on a mattress on the floor in a house he doesn't recognize. How did he get here? Where is Han?

"Yixing!"

Han? He slightly turns his head, the beautiful face of the elk looks back him.

"I was so worried. You ate some poison berries and then you fell down the waterfall and I jumped in after you. I wished I had found about the poison berries earlier. How are you feeling?" Han's voice is full of worry and regret.

Yixing tries to tell Han that he has a headache but other than that he is fine, but his throat is so dry. It feels like a slight burning in his throat, he cant even make his saliva soothe the pain.

"Give him some water Han-gē." A female's voice says.

Han disappears from Yixing's sight and returns with a cup of water, "It's a good thing Miss Li knows how to get rid of the poison from the berries." Holding up Yixing, Han gently tips the cup at his lips.

Yixing gladly drinks the water, feeling better, he lays back down. "Miss Li?"

"She found you after I lost you down the fall. Here, have some porridge." Han sits in front him with a bowl of porridge in his beautiful manly hands. Han takes the spoon and blows on the porridge, he puts the spoon by Yixing's mouth. Surprised, Yixing takes the porridge. He actually enjoys this, getting fed and taken care of by Han. He almost forgot about the woman.

"You two sure are close, are you two best friends?" The woman asks.

Yixing looks at her, pretty big brown eyes look back at him.

"A Quokka?" He blurts out.

She giggles, a cute tinkling laugh. "I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Li Yixing, and I am indeed a quokka. And from what I heard, you're called Yixing too."

Yixing looks at Han and then back at the female who has the same name as he does, "You're called Yixing?" Could this mean something? Was this fate telling them something?

The girl nods, "Yes, it's an honor to meet you Mr. Zhang." She smiles at Yixing, showing her pearly white teeth.

"Would you like more porridge Yixing?" Han asks him, interrupting the conversation.

Yixing shakes his head, "I don't feel hungry anymore Gēgē, thank you for caring for me."

As Han leaves to put the bowl away, Miss Li moves to sit by him.

"How do you feel?" She gently puts her tiny cool hand on his forehead.

"I feel better thank you. Did you make the porridge? It was delicious."

She smiles, "Yes, I did. Thank you, it was created by my mother."

"Your mother?" Yixing looks at her curiously.

"Yes, she..... I live alone now." The bright aura from the girl dims.

"Oh... I'm sorry for your loss." Yixing looks at her empathetically. Poor girl, she looked no older than 20. And already on her own?

She smiles softly, "It's fine, I'm over it already. I have moved on, its unhealthy holding onto things from the past." Miss Li tucks a few strands of silky long dark brown hair behind her ear.

"How lonely it must be." Yixing softly replies, thinking over what Miss Li said.

"It can get pretty lonely." Miss Li admits. She shyly looks at the handsome unicorn, a slight blush creeping onto her fair skin. "I'm allowed to go out to find a mate now, I just haven't gotten to it."

Yixing's beautiful eyes widen slightly, could this mean something?

------------------------
DUN DUN DUUUNNNN what do you guy think? Could meeting female Quokka Yixing be a sign? Was it fate telling them something? Quokkas are the cutest things = ̄ω ̄=