Chapter 17: Are You Hungry

Spring

Han walks back to the cottage, thinking deeply about what NamJoon had said. "True love is real pure love." Han repeats, this was what had stuck to Han the most.

"If you really love this man, and even though he is in love with a woman, his happiness should be your happiness."  The more Han thought about it the stronger the idea crawling into his mind became . He does love Yixing, if Yixing is happy then he will be. Of course. But a selfish part of him pushed down the idea that was nagging him, he wanted Yixing. He had never wanted someone or something so bad before. A feeling of guilt overtakes his emotions as he enters the cottage. "Han!" Miss Li's voice brings him out of his thoughts as he opens the door. "Where have you been? Do you know what time it is? I was so worried!" She looks at him with an upset yet worried expression, hands on her hips. " Where did you go?" 

He looks down, "Just down the path, I'm sorry I took so long." 

"Han-ge? There you are, I was getting worried." Yixing appears from behind the doorway of the kitchen, smiling in relief. "Where did you go?" He walks over to Han standing on the doorway of the house, "You'll catch a cold if you stand there." Yixing takes Han's hand pulling him inside the house while Miss Li closes the door behind him. Han takes off his shoes and and tries to hide the pink making it's way to his cheeks at their contact. 

"I walked down the trail and didn't realize the time. I saw the spring." He tells Miss Li, "It's beautiful." 

She smiles,"Isn't it? The water is so clear and blue." 

Han nods his head in agreement though he did not take the time to admire the spring, NamJoon had caught his attention as soon as he arrived and he was too distracted to revel the beauty of the water.

"Are you hungry Han-ge?" Yixing asks, "I cooked something from my home land, Miss Li seems to like it." He excitedly walks into the kitchen, smiling widely, "My mother cooked this for me when I was a child." 

Han follows Yixing taking a seat at the dining table, NamJoon's words twirling in his mind. "What's it called?" 

"She's always called it 'Yixing's Favorite Dish'" Yixing chuckles, he dishes a spoon full of the food onto a plate and gives it to Han. 

Han gives him a smile and eats a spoonful of Yixing's food. Han feels a twinge of disappointment for not arriving earlier, he would have loved to see Yixing cook. He would have loved to see the way Yixing held his knife to cut the vegetables into tiny parts before cooking them in the pan. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to help you." 

"It's okay Han-ge, Miss Li was here to help me." Yixing swats Han's apology away. Han looks at the food in distaste, of course Miss Li would have helped him. They're in love. 

"Are you okay Han-ge? You've been quiet since you got home is everything alright?" Yixing looks at Han with concern. "Did something happen while you were walking? Did you see something you didn't like?" 

Han's heart warms up at the concern that Yixing was expressing, "I'm fine Yixing, you don't have to worry about me." He smiles and ruffles Yixing's hair, his cheeks warming up at the contact. 

Yixing smiles, buying Han's response not realizing that Han did not answer his questions. "You were just really quiet." 

Han finishes the rest of his food, "I think I will retire for the night Yixing." 

"That walk must have tired you out Han-ge, Good Night."

"Good night." Han walks into his bedroom and softly closes the door. His thoughts were all jumbled up because of what NamJoon had said. What action should Han take? Should he just leave them be? Han shakes his head and walks over to his bed, he could never live with seeing Yixing by Miss Li. 

But if he is happy, then that is all Han asks for."You have accepted your feelings, now you have to accept his."