Chapter 3: Zhang Yixing

Spring

"Xingxing, wake up."

Yixing opens his eyes to find a tall man with sandy blonde hair, standing beside him. "Ah. Ni hao Kris gēgē." He greets, sitting up in bed.

"Do you know what season it is?" Kris asks.

"Shì, Spring."

"Yes, but what does Spring bring with it?"

Yixing scrunches his brows, "Flowers?"

"Ah, this kid. Seriously..." Kris scoffs and laughs to himself. "Mating season. Spring brings love and mates." He explains to the clueless unicorn.

Yixing's clouded expression lightens up, "Ah! Yes, mates. I like the idea of finding someone who is the perfect one for you. Because we already know that our mate loves us." he smiles dreamily and goes off into his own little world.

Kris stood there for a good ten minutes, waiting for Yixing to get out of la-la land. When the unicorn showed no signs of coming back to reality, Kris clears his throat. "Yixing." After a few more calls, Yixing blinks and comes back to the real world.

"Oh, sorry, gēgē. What were we talking about again?"

"Mates."

"Ah, yes. Mates. I think the term should be changed to Soul Mates. Because we will be spending eternity with them. Loving, and bearing children...." Yixing trails off and goes back to la-la land.

But before he could get too immersed, Kris brings the unicorn back to reality, again. " Let's go downstairs, we would not want to keep Meili waiting."

The two males made their way down the stairs, the place smell of something sweet.

"Wow.... What is that smell.... it smells really good Kris-gēgē." Yixing walks faster and enters the kitchen. "Ni hao, Meili." He greets their little pixie helper.

Every unicorn and dragon family, has pixies that help out around the cave or CloudHouse. Dragons lived in caves, nice big houses on the top of mountains near the sky, and Unicorns lived in CloudHouses, (unicorn homes on white fluffy clouds).

"Ni Hao, Yixing-gēgē." The cute pixie greets back. Meili had light blue hair, light blue wings and a light blue dress. Her eyes were a warm green color. "What took you two so long?"

"Kris-gēgē and I were talking about mates." he explains to the pixie. Yixing picks up an apple and begins to chew.

"Ah! Mating season, it is mating season already?" Meili asks, surprised.

Kris takes the second apple and begins to eat it. "Yep, I am planning on leaving the day after tomorrow."

"Leaving? To where?" Yixing asks.

"Down to land and other mountains of course. I can't just sit around and wait for my mate to appear." 

"Oh yeah, I will have to talk to my mama and baba about that." Yixing says, finishing the last of the apple.

When looking for mates, all the creatures went down to land. Even pixies, and this year, Meili is eligible enough to go out to look for her own mate.

"Oh, I am so nervous." Meili smiles nervously at the thought of going out to find her mate. The one pixie that would make her feel loved and happy for the rest of her life. It was kind of absurd, thinking about all the things one little pixie would be able to give her.

"That is what mates are for." Yixing says, after Meili voiced her thoughts to him and Kris. "To be able to get what you have always wanted... the mate to your soul. The one meant for you only, your other half, your destined partner..." Yixing smiles softly and goes into his own little world.

Meili and Kris smile at his words. That was true, it is the whole point of going to find your mate once you turn 21. The Animal Goddess had this all planned out. Yixing may not know it, but he was really intelligent.

"You are very intelligent Yixing." Kris says.

"Thank you gēgē, and you are very handsome." Yixing replies. "I have to go speak to mama and baba. About mating season." He adds after a moment. "Gēgē, you do not mind do you?"

"It's fine. I have to meet with the leader of the Water Clan anyway."

Dragons had clans, there was a myth that Kris's clan had come from the galaxies, thus giving them the name Galaxy clan.

"Ah.... what was his name again? Isn't it something like.... JongDae?"

"No, JoonMyeon. JongDae is Hoseok's distant cousin." Kris corrects, chuckling.

"Ah.... yes. I always lose it in my head somewhere." Yixing laughs. "Who is Hoseok again?"

"The Leader of Dancing Horses clan. JongDae is a camel."

"Oh yes, now I remember. The horse and the camel."

"Go talk to your mama and baba Tuo Xing." Kris says, using the nickname Yixing's family calls him. "I will be leaving now, see you later Meili and Xing."

After the dragon left, Yixing made his way to the garden. His mother and father loves the garden. With it's pretty flowers and lush green grass, the blue sky above them and the little wisps of left-over clouds. His parents were always in the garden, the garden provided clean healthy air. Good for aging unicorns.

"Ni hao, Tuo Xing." His mother greets upon seeing him.

"Ni hao mama and baba." he smiles. "Mama and baba, can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course Yixing." His father gives his mother a worried look.

"As we all know, it is Spring." He starts off.

"Yes..."

"Do you know what Spring brings?" He asks.

His father's expression softens, "Mates. Are you going on a quest to find your destined one?"

"Yes." Yixing confirms. "I want to leave by the day after tomorrow."

"With Yifan?" Yixing's parents called Kris by his Chinese name.

"Shì. Baba... I have been wondering, what if my mate is not a Unicorn?"

"If your mate is not a Unicorn?" His father repeats.

Yixing nods, anticipating the answer.

"Tuo Xing. Your mother and I do not mind if your mate is a Unicorn or not. What matters is that you are happy, and that your mate loves you just as much as you love them. Male or Female, I will support whoever you bring home." his father says.

Yixing smiles, "Xie Xie, baba."

"I am just speaking from my heart son." his father replies, with a smile of his own.

-------------------------- -----------------------------
A/N: I will be updating every Friday (if I can). I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Yixing and his father's conversation was sweet wasn't it? ^_^ Oh yeah, and it is Hoseok from Bangtan Sonyeondan.