Chapter 19: Realization

Spring

Han runs and doesn't stop, the wind brushing through the hair of his deer form. Why did it have to be Yixing? Why did his chest feel tight? Why was he crying? Why wasn't he able to stop? Han shifts back (don't worry he's not )as he sees the crystal blue water of the spring from the day before. Everywhere he went and everything he did brought unwanted memories, now he can't even go home without thinking of Yixing being there.

Han covers his face with his arms and sobs. He cries and lets out the tears he's been holding back flow. If only he had found his mate, this wouldn't have happened. He wouldn't have to feel like this, torn and stepped on with buried feelings for a man who will never love him back. His mate.. Han looks up at the blue sky, his lashes decorated with droplets of tears. "I need to find my mate." His eyes widen with realization. "The only person who will be able to rid me of these feelings is my mate." He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. "If only it was Yixing." He says softly, reopening them and stareing at the blue water. The water sparkles and winks at him, beckoning him to move closer. Han slowly inches towards the spring, staring in awe at the blueness of it. The blueness of the water reminded him of something, a memory perhaps.

Han and his mother were out taking a walk, they saw Sehun's mother, her face tired and her eyes red. "Mama, what has happened to Mrs. Oh? Why isn't she at home with Mr. Oh?" That day had been a brilliantly bright blue and beautiful day, just like the color of the blue spring. But Mrs. Oh did not look like she was enjoying it.

His mother had shushed him, "She is stressed child, she isn't feeling well -- in here." She points to Han's heart, "Sometimes to get away from one's problems, the solution is to just simply leave the place or person of burden."

"... the solution is to just simply leave the place or person of burden."

Han blinks a couple times, realizing that he had been staring at the blue water for who-knows-how-long. "The solution is to just simply leave the place or person of burden." To leave... that sounds so easy to do, yet so hard.

"Why mama? Who is the burden?"

"Mrs. Oh needs some time away from her husband darling, she needs space to breathe; to clear up her mind."

Han remembered he had been confused at his mother's words. He didn't know what a burden was at the time, and he didn't know that suffocating could also be an emotional thing. Mrs. Oh and Mr. Oh split about five years later, they had issues but it was resolved and they got Sehun and his siblings, and then Mr. Oh left Sehun's mother. Han had questioned whether or not his little friend's parents were mates, maybe they were just too in love at the moment to leave each other.

"Space to breath... to clear up the mind.." Han closes his eyes and breathes in the feeling of the water trickling and the wind dancing. It sounded like a really good idea, leaving. Clearing up his mind and living a life that did not involve suffering emotionally everyday. Does he really want to leave?

"Do I really want to leave?"