Chapter 16: The Trail

Spring

For the next few days Han thought about ways to make Yixing fall for him. Yixing is in love with Miss Li, meaning that he was into women. Now how to make a man who was into women fall for another man. 

Han's thoughts felt muddled, he wanted to do something but he didn't know how. "I'm going out to take a walk." He announces as he walks out the door.

"Don't wander too far, you might get lost." Miss Li calls out.

"Don't you worry." Han says as he closes the door. He did not dislike the woman, he was just currently having mixed feelings about everyone and everything. At the back of the house is a trail that leads deep into the forest. Miss Li had told them that she had ventured down the path before, it lead to a big spring with crystal blue water.

It had been raining the past few days and the rain from the night before left a fresh, clean scent behind. Han breathes in deeply and releases out what he imagined to be his dark thoughts. Swirling into the air and then disappearing under the strong power of Mother Nature. The birds chirp from somewhere far away, the mist of the rain making droplets on his white-blonde hair. Yixing's smiling face makes his way into Han's head, he would do anything for Yixing as long as Yixing was happy then he would be. Han walked and walked, for how long he did not know because the towering trees allowed only a small amount of sunlight through. His ears prick up at the sound of running water in the quiet forest, even the birds had stopped singing. It reminded him of Baekhyun's pretty singing voice, it was husky yet a nice sound. Han approaches a small stream and mindlessly follows it, thinking about home and his friends. Had they found their mates yet? He remembered how Minseok was so excited for mating season, he cared deeply for his friends and family, seeing them depressed like he was right now would make him depressed as well.

The trickling water stops and Han stops walking, he realizes that the stream had led him to a pretty spring. With crystal blue water. "Was this the spring Miss Li was talking about?"

"Pretty isn't it?" A voice asks, startling Han. He jumps and looks around, the voice chuckles and a big shadow swoops down and lands on the branch beside him. A red-tailed hawk looks back at him, "Startled you didn't I? I deeply apologize." the hawk had a deep voice and a very vast range of vocabulary. Han wondered where the hawk had come from.

The hawk shifts into a man as it flies off the tree branch and on to the ground. A man about as tall as Han with monolids and same white-blonde hair stands before him. "What leads you to this spring young man?"

Young man? The guy looked no older than Han himself. "I was just walking and came upon this spring." Han replies.

The man nods and turns to look at the blue water, "One does not arrive somewhere merely by accident my friend, there is a reason for everything. Do you think you know the reason for your discovery of this sacred spring?" He slightly turns his head to look back at Han.

Han opens his mouth, not sure how to respond to the stranger with the interesting vocabulary.

"Whenever I come here, I come here to reflect and find answers within myself. I assume you are doing the same. The stream lead you to this spring did it not?" The man fully turns around to face Han and locks eyes with him, looking deep into his soul. "You are conflicted young man, what seems to be the issue?" He gently asks.

Han hesitates, the aura of the man gave off a calm feel and he does not seem to be dangerous. Han opens his mouth to reply and all of his problems came out. Spilled into the air for the hawk man to hear. He doesn't interrupt only nodding his head in understanding.

"Do you like this man? Or are you in love? Do you know what love is?" The hawk asks.

Han sighs, putting his head in his hands, the two had moved to sit on rocks at the edge of the spring. "I don't know..." He shakes his head.

"When did you realize your feelings friend?"

His feelings? That was a few days ago of course, or could it have been before that? Han remembered the day he had met Yixing, how is gentle look and wise words drove away the two wolf. That was when it started, when it all started. "I fell in love when I met him. I was out searching for my mate and two wolves tried to attack me. Yixing came from somewhere and saved me. He was not violent and he did not use magic right away. He had honor and that was what I admired in him."

The hawk nods, "And you say that this, Miss Li, is in love with the man you are in love with and vice versa?" The hawk was fine with the fact that Han was into men, he thought that the hawk would laugh in his face but he didn't he simply nodded and said that love had no boundaries. It certainly did not. "These emotions that would normally be between a man and a woman... is between a man and another man. True Love... do you know what true love is friend?"

"True love? Why that would be between two people of course, between mates." Han states.

The hawk smiles and shakes his head, "True love is real pure love. The love between child and parent, husband and wife, friend and friend. Their happiness is your happiness, when they are in discomfort you want to quickly find a way to cure them of that discomfort. If you really love this man, and even though he is in love with a woman, his happiness should be your happiness. Yixing is happy with this Miss Li woman and you can't do anything about it, like how you cannot change your feelings for Yixing to another person. These things are out of our control and we always want things to be in control. In this situation I suggest that you leave them be my friend. You do not have to concede with my suggestion but I hope that you consider it. You have accepted your feelings, now you have to accept his. The sun is setting and the clock is ticking, the sand in the hourglass for the day is almost done, I must get going my friend. Good day." He shifts back into his animal form and flies away, "Consider my advice Lu Han, I am Kim NamJoon the Red - Tailed Hawk."

A/N: Yes that hawk with the vast range of vocabulary was NamJoon from BTS does it sound like him when he is being philosophical? I hope it does, I honestly did not plan this scene it just kind of happened, I was going to have him meet a magical being within the spring water but then I was like why not have someone philosophical and analytical give him advice? What did you think of the advice NamJoon gave Han?