Chapter 20: No

Spring

"What happened Yixing?" Miss Li opens the back door and gives him a concerned look.

Looking at where Han ran away, Yixing knits his brows and bites his lower lip. "I.. I don't know.. He just.. ran away." Han is broken, inside he was a mess and outside he was trying to hide it. What happened to the kind man whom he had met a few months ago? "Should I follow him?" Yixing looks at Miss Li uncertainly.

"He probably just needs some time alone." Miss Li shakes her head. "Hopefully he'll feel better." She opens the door and beckons for him to enter the house. Yixing hesitates and looks at the trail Han took. He sighs and obeys Miss Li, "He probably just needs some time alone." Miss Han repeats, assuring him.

He doesn't say anything as they enter the house, doubt filling his insides. It hurt Yixing to see Han that way, Han did not look well at all. He had dark bags under his eyes, his skin pale and lips dry. He wasn't so bubbly and cheerful anymore, "What do you think could be up with Han-ge?" Yixing turns to face Miss Li.

"I'm not sure..." She bites her lip, "I started noticing his foul mood when... it first started to rain."

"When it first started to rain...?" Yixing looks out the window, that would be when he asked about his parents. Could it have been the thought of their parents that made Han depressed? They also talked about mates and Fate... could it have been that? There was a likely chance that Miss Li would be his mate but Yixing knew deep inside that he wished it was not her. His dreams consist of big brown eyes and a manly grassy scent, Miss Li did not carry that scent. Han did.

Was it possible for two males to be mates? Yixing frowns, "Miss Li... Could it be possible for two males to be mates?"

Her eyes widen, taken aback by his sudden question. "Yes... " She answers slowly, "But I don't know if they will be able to conceive a child. Why do you ask?"

"Just curious." Yixing gives her a small smile and shakes his head as a gesture to push away the topic. He looks around, "Now what shall we do until Han-ge get's back."

The sun had set and Han still had not returned, while waiting for his return they played a board game that Miss Li found and they drank tea and ate their dinner tastelessly. "Do you think he's okay? Should we go and search for him?" Yixing looks out the window with concern. He felt like concern was all the three of them felt these past few months, he was getting tired of it.

"I think we should." Miss Li nods her head. Just as they approach the back door it swings open.

"Han-ge?"

The elk's eyes were downcast and he stood stiffly before them. He murmurs something that they couldn't hear, "What...?" But Yixing did. And he didn't like it.

"I'm leaving." Han's voice was coated with determination and his eyes were set as he makes contact with the two of them. "As you can see I have not been feeling well these past few weeks. I think I need some fresh air. I'm leaving, Yixing you stay here." He walks past the two of them and towards his room.

"No." Yixing looks at Han's retreating back. "No you can't leave." His heart felt like a cold hand had taken a hold of his heart. "We can talk through this." He says desperately. "You don't have to leave."

Han had already made up his mind, but hearing the desperation in Yixing's voice made him stop in his tracks. He wanted him to stay... "You want me to stay?" He turns to look at Yixing with wide eyes. Yixing wanted him to stay. The dying hope inside of him reopened, Yixing wanted him to stay.

"Yes, I want you to stay. Stay with me... If you're leaving then I am too. I don't want to be in world without you Han-ge." Yixing takes a deep breath. "I love you."

A/N: Yixing finally realizes his feelings for Han!!! Ohmygod!! XD I was originally going to have Han leave for good and then Yixing and Han are going to rethink their feelings and then Yixing leaves Miss Li to go back to Han. Either way the two end up together. Huehuehuehue what do you guys think of this chapter? Bet you didn't expect this.