Chapter 8: Saving Baekhyun

Spring

"Sehun is a really energetic child. Yixing tells Han.

They had stayed at Sehun's house until his mother came and then a bit longer because she kept insisting that they were too skinny and needed more food.

"His mother is very kind, what happened to their father?" Yixing asks.

"Sehun's father? He doesn't talk to me much about his father, he doesn't like to talk about his father." Han replies, a bit sad.

"Oh.. How tragic."

The two walk in silence back to Lu Forest. By now, the sun is getting close to the tree tops, making their shadows' elongated.

"Aaahhhhhhhh!!!"

The shout startled both the deer and the unicorn.

"Who was that?" Yixing looks around, alarmed.

"That sounds like Baekhyun." Han sprints towards the direction of the voice.

"Heeeellllppppp!!!! Han!! Hyung!!! Chanyeol!!!" The voice shouts again.

Yixing runs after Han, "Baekhyun? A friend of yours?"

"Yes, the bird." Han stops running and looks around for any sign of Baekhyun. "Baek!!" He shouts, "Byun Baekhyun where are you?!"

Yixing closes his eyes, trying to find the aura of Han's friend Baekhyun. A faint frightened aura is approaching them to the left, with a bigger darker aura following close behind. Yixing opens his eyes and points to the left, "Han-gē, he is that way."

Without any hesitance, Han runs in the direction that Yixing pointed at.

They met Baekhyun halfway, with the black wolf from earlier close behind. He halted in his steps at the sight of Yixing, his golden eyes flashing with anger and resentment.

"Well well well, what do we have here? It's nice to meet you again Mr. Unicorn and Mr. Elk." He growls lowly in his chest and circles around the trio. Baekhyun clinging tightly onto Han.

"Hello, What brings you here Mr. Wolf?" Yixing replies kindly.

Baekhyun looks at Han with a what-the-heck-why-is-he-being-kind-to-this-blood-thirsty-creature look. Han just shrugs, making sure to keep his eyes on the wolf at all times.

"I was feeling bored, thought I would start a game of hide and seek tag with Mr. Tweety here." He smirks, his dangerously bright golden eyes looking at Baekhyun.

"It isn't kind to strike fear in others Mr. Kai, have your parents not taught you that?" Yixing looks at the wolf disapprovingly.

"I am an orphan, born into this world by a woman who left me all alone to fend for myself as a child. I am meant to be alone, it's my fate." The dark aura around the wolf has grown twice its twice, the darkness is suffocating. Yixing could feel Han and Baekhyun tensing, the hair on the back of their necks standing on end.

"You're not all alone, you have your white wolf friend. Where is he?" Yixing looks around, as if the white wolf would pop out of the bushes and join their conversation.

"He's at home, with his family." Kai looks at the ground.

Yixing opens his mouth to say something but a hoot interrupts them, "Baekhyun-hyung, are you okay?" The owl shifts into a human as he lands and checks Baekhyun for scratches. He is a short boy, about the age of 21, with dark brown hair cut short.

"I-I'm fine Kyungsoo-ah." Baekhyun says, his eyes looking at Kai every few seconds.

Kyungsoo turns around and makes eye contact with the black wolf. Yixing watched as the boy's big eyes darken at the sight of the wolf, "Who are you." his tone is demanding, not meant to be messed with.

The wolf shifts into a tall, but handsome boy, "Excuse me?" His eyes still golden.

"Who do you think you are? Messing with my friends, trying to make them fear you." Kyungsoo glares up at the taller boy. "You're not scary at all, you're just a lonely, confused boy that needs to get his life together." He pokes the boy's chest and looks back at Baekhyun and Han. "Let's go guys." And with that, he walks past a surprised tongue tied Kai.

Han and Baekhyun look at each other full of confusion and amazement before following Kyungsoo. "Come on Yixing." Han says softly.

Yixing obeys and follows after then quietly, still in awe with what the owl-man just did.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kyungsoo asks, once they reach the place where everybody is in plain sight. No murdering will take place here.

"I'm fine Kyungsoo, just scared to the bottom of my stomach." Baekhyun's legs had gone steady again, before, his legs were so weak he couldn't walk without the help of Han.

"Okay, be careful from now on. I hope he's learned his lesson. Oh, hello who are you?" Kyungsoo finally noticed Yixing for the first time. Kyungsoo's eyes no longer looked dark, Yixing is sure Kyungsoo's heart is warm and pure.

"Anyeonghasaeyo, I am Zhang Yixing, here to find a mate." Yixing gives Kyungsoo a kind smile and a bow.

"Zhang Yixing... are you an alpaca?"

"No, a unicorn." Yixing chuckles, "I get that a lot."

Kyungsoo's large eyes get larger and he breaks into a smile, "A unicorn? Wow... daebak." he gives Yixing a ninety degree bow, "It is a pleasure meeting you sir. I am Do Kyungsoo, an owl."

Surprised Yixing looks at Han before looking back at Kyungsoo, "You don't have to call me 'Sir' Kyungsoo-ssi. I have done nothing to receive the title."

"You're a unicorn?" Baekhyun smiles and makes a bouncy dance, "I remember the wolf saying something about you being a unicorn but I thought he was just joking because I thought you were an alpaca." He shakes Han by the shoulders, "He's a unicorn Haaaan." He releases Han and bows at Yixing, "Anyeonghasaeyo Mr. Zhang Yixing-Sunbaenim I am Byun Baekhyun, I appreciate your help for rescuing me from the wolf."

After a few seconds, he bows to Kyungsoo too, "Thank you too, Kyungsoo, you saved all of us from the wolf."

"It was nothing, that's what friends are for aren't they? Now if you will excuse me I have to go take a quick nap before the sun falls. I woke up due to your yelling." Kyungsoo says.

"I was that loud?" Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo with amazement.

"No, I just have really good hearing and I'm a light sleeper. I'm also situated quite high up in the trees, I hear everything." Kyungsoo explains. "You should practice with your vocal cords more Baekhyun-hyung. Now if you will excuse me for real this time. Good day to you all." He shifts back into an owl and flies away. "It was nice meeting you Zhang Yixing."

"It was nice meeting you too." Yixing smiles broadly and waves at the owl.

"Kyungsoo is very brave." Han says.

"He sure is." Baekhyun looks around, "Ah... I'm close to home, might as well go back. See ya guys, don't stay out too late after sunset." he shifts into a bird and flies away.

Yixing smiles a Han, "Are you going back home too?"

"I guess, you can stay the night too." Han's cheeks turn a light shade of pink, "I mean, if you don't have a place to stay.. then you can stay at my place."

"I don't have a place to stay, I would love to stay at your place, but would your parents allow that?" Yixing asks.

"Of course they would. My house is this way, come on." Han points ahead of them.

Yixing follows him until they reach a big house the color of peaches. It is a two story house with a porch and two rocking chairs in front.

"Mama! Baba! I'm back." Han shouts as he enters the house.

As Yixing enters, two couches and a TV are in a big room to his left, a fireplace is placed at the end of the room. In there, sat an old couple, drinking tea by the fireplace.

"Han?" The woman whom Yixing infers to be Han's mother, rushes up to Han and hugs him. "Why are you back so early?"

"Found your mate already?" Han's father appears by the woman's side, looking at Yixing.

"What?" Han looks at Yixing and then back to his parents, "No, he isn't my mate. He's my new friend, he saved me from two wolves who were causing trouble this morning."

Han's mother hugs Yixing, catching him by surprise. He smile and happily hugs her back, he loves the elderly. "Thank you for saving Han, you can stay the night if you don't have anywhere to stay."

"Yes ma'am, thank you for your kindness." Yixing gives her a ninety degree bow, "I am Zhang Yixing, nice to meet you."

"You're so handsome, where are you from?" Han's mother asks.

"I am from Zhang Province." he answers.

"An alpaca from the land of the unicorn?" Han's father was in awe.

"Oh, I am a unicorn Mr. Lu. But I get mistaken for an alpaca a lot." Yixing chuckles.

"A unicorn? We have been blessed, sit down, do you like tea?" They take him into the family room and sit in a comfy armchair.

"It's fine Mrs. Lu, you can just call me Yixing, I have not done anything to deserve such respect from you two." Yixing kindly explains. "Just call me Yixing."

"Oh, but I can't do that.." Mrs. Lu says.

"Please, if it's anyone who should be respected the most in this house it should be you two. You must have lived a hard life, trying to raise a child and keep the house in good condition. This house is one of the best that I have ever seen." Yixing compliments.

"You like our house?" Han's mother smiles broadly, "He likes our house."

"It's very beautiful Mrs. Lu."

"Are you hungry? You must've had only one meal the whole day, Han are you hungry?" Mrs. Lu asks.

"Just a little, we had food a few hours ago at Sehun's house, his mother insisted." Han replies to his mother.

"Ah, such a kind woman, that Mrs. Oh. Such a tragedy that she has to raise six children all alone." Mrs. Lu walks into the kitchen, beckoning for the two boys to follow her.

"Indeed it is." Yixing replies softly. Kai's words have now floated back to him.

"I am an orphan, born into this world by a woman who left me all alone to fend for myself as a child. I am meant to be alone, it's my fate."

"I hope you don't mind porridge." Han whispers to him.

"Porridge is fine." Yixing replies.

"Here you go, tell me if you don't like it, I can always cook something else for you." Mrs. Lu tells him nervously.

Yixing takes a spoonful of the porridge and smiles, "It's delicious Mrs. Lu."

A/N: Since you guys have been so patient for so long, I have decided to publish another chapter before I go back to having writers block. I hope you enjoyed it :)