Chapter 9 : Cuddles?

My Hybrid Lover

Junhyung’s POV

I was fighting with Hyunseung for the voodoo doll with Yoseob trying his best to separate us and I didn’t realize what’s going on until Dongwoon is shouting non-stop that Dujun came to see what’s going on.

“Gikwangie-hyung?! Hyung! Hyung!”

“Dongwoon-ah what’s going o- Oh no...Yah stop fighting!”

Dujun said which made us stopped immediately and went to see what’s going on.

And there, right there was Gikwang in a kneeling position and he was in some kind of trance as he muttered something incoherent.

“Gikwang-hyung!! Speak to me!”

Dongwoon tried to break the trance but didn’t succeed.

“Dongwoon-ah why’s Kwangi-”

“...Don’t...beg...you...please…”

Gikwang said as he shakes his head and fear was the only thing that he expressed.

Then suddenly he cries and put both of his hands in an ‘x’ position, trying to protect himself.

“No! AaaaAaaAaaaaAaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!”

Gikwang screamed in absolute pain and hurt as he fell to the floor, hugging his body and shaking tremendously.

I kneeled down and hold him, trying to calm him and wake him.

All of us were worried and attempted to call him back.

“Gikwang-hyung?! Hyung!”

“Gikwangie?!”

“Gikwang-ah!”

“Kiki!!”

“KWANGIE!!”

I shouted as he stopped shaking all of the sudden and fainted.

Panicking, I carried him with me as I yelled like a mad man to the others to move out of my way as I tried bringing Gikwang to the nearest bed.

Yoseob was the one who acted fast as he ordered Dujun to help me with bringing Gikwang upstairs, Aish why is their guest room located upstairs!

Yoseob opened the door, letting us in and I swiftly placed Gikwang on the bed with Dujun’s help.

Then Yoseob took out a blanket from the cabinet and cover Gikwang’s body while Dujun checked Gikwang’s condition.

Both Hyunseung and Dongwoon looked so bewildered when they entered the room.

“Dujun, is Kwangie okay? Dujun-ah!”

I asked and unintentionally yelled at him as I was really frightened, panic and full of anxiety.

“Junhyung-ah, please stay calm and let Junnie do his be-”

Yoseob tried to hold me and reason with me but I’m taking none of it as I tried to break his hold of me.

“CALM?! How can I be calm Yoseob-ah! Kwangie, he- Dujun-ah!”

I stubbornly yelled again.

“Your yelling isn't helping! Please stop being selfish Jun!  We’re all worried too!!”

Yoseob said, realization hit me instantly and while hanging my head low, I let he dragged me as motioned both Hyunseung and Dongwoon outside.

As soon as we’re outside, Yoseob closed the door while Hyunseung and Dongwoon tried to talk to me.

“Junhyung-ah…”

“...”

“Hyung…”

“...”

‘I’m not mad at them, no, not all, I’m just...just angry with myself.’

‘I should be more considerate to others and they’re not just any people...they’re my friends…’

‘But...when it comes to Kwangie I-I don’t know...I guess I lose my calm.’

‘I’m usually the collected and composed one though…’

‘More importantly I should apologize for my behaviour.’

I thought before turning to face the three of them.

“I’m sorry guys...for how I’ve acted just now wasn’t...well you know and I’m sorry…really...”

I said with a tinged of guilt.

“And Yoseob-ah, thank you for stopping me and sorry for yelling at you.”

“...Apology accepted, but don’t do that in the future though. I can barely hold you back, I guess even the poised Yong Junhyung can go haywire too huh?”

Yoseob said, making us laugh which reminds me again why I like him (as a friend that is) is that he is great at lighten up the mood, he’s our mood maker.

“Anyway~ I’ve been wanting to ask you something Junhyung-ah!”

Hyunseung said out of the blue.

“Hmm? What is it?”

“Why did you let Gikwanggie call you ‘Junhyungie’? You always yelled or even punch us for calling you that.”

“Oh! I also wanted to ask you that Jun-ah!”

Yoseob chimed in.

“...Why you asked? It’s…”

“It’s?”

“...I don’t know. I just can’t say no to...you know…”

“What? I’m not a telepath Junhyung-ah!”

Yoseob complained but then unexpectedly both Hyunseung and Dongwoon weren’t complaining and just give me a knowing look.

“Mmhm, I think I and Woonie knew what you meant Junhyung-ah. It must be because of that adorableness~ And he's like a puppy that you can't be mad at. He’s just so cute.”

“Of course he is! He is my dongsaengie~ He should be all that cute and adorable just like me~”

“I hope he isn’t as scary at you…Seobie-ah”

“Mwo Hyunseung-ssi?! Are you talking about me?”

Yoseob said as he cracked his knuckles and right on cue both Dongwoon and I moved out of the way.

Just then Dujun come out of the room and rapidly all of us crowds around him, including both Yoseob and Hyunseung, the latter must be more than relieve for Dujun’s arrival.

“Junnie is Kiki al-”

“Dujun-ah, i-”

“Hyung-”

“Yoon Du-”

Shhhhhh!

“Aish, Stop making a fuss guys, Gikwang’s fine now, his breathing has become normal and he’s resting in the moment.”

“Phew~”

Dongwoon, Hyunseung, Yoseob and I sighed in relief.

“Let’s go downstair for now guys, I have something to discuss with guys.”

Dujun said as he climbed down the stairs with us following him though I reluctantly forced myself to leave.

 


 

“So...Dongwoon-ah, do you know anything that might triggered Gikwang’s strange reaction?”

Dujun asked as soon as we’re all seated at the living room.

“I’m not sure hyung…He seems perfectly fine until…”

“Until what Dongwoon-ah?”

“Until...we were gathering the needles.”

“Could it be...that Kiki is-”

“Yup Seobie, I think the needles are the thing that triggers Gikwang’s trauma state.”

“But why needles though?”

“We could ask Gikwang-hyung?”

“That’s the likely choice Dongwoon-ah, but it’s risky though. We’ll try when he’s in a stable condition. And nobody brings this up when he wakes up, I'm not sure”

“Ne hyung.”

“Anyway Hyunseung-ah I want you to do something.”

“What is it?”

“It’s about Gikwang-ah, could you do a bit of research in all of the hybrids lab and facilities in the city? Especially that one.”

“...It’s troublesome but...sure I’ll do it. Gikwanggie is part of our family now, isn’t he?”

“Yup, Kiki’s my dongsaeng!”

“He’s my hyungie!”

Yoseob and Dongwoon answered joyfully.

“Yeah, I guess we’re grown to like him eh?"

“Anyway it’s getting late don’t you think? Hyunseungie, Dongwoonie and Jun should be going home right now.”

“Eh? It’s only- Oh, it’s 9 p.m. already?! Aish, both Woonie and I must go to Australia for a meeting tomorrow, we better pack our stuff. Tell Gikwangie that we’ll visit soon and yes Seobie-ah, we’ll buy your microwave. Let's go Woonie."

"Yes hyungie, Bye-bye hyung-deul."

“Hyunseung-ah!”

I said as I grasp his wrist.

“Wae Junhyung-ah?”

“Can I...come a bit late to work tomorrow?”

“And why is that? You know that you're my trusted second-in command.”

“I know...but I…I..."

“Aish, I get your point. But make sure you’ll at least come to check on things and do your job. Be sure to take good care of Gikwangie.

He whispered that last past only audibly for me and give me a thumbs up before leaving with Dongwoon.

I just stand there, chuckling to myself before went to search for Dooseob couple.

“Yoon Du, Yoseob-ah, I’ll be staying here for the night.”

I declared and Yoseob acted like he was surprised by it.

“Eh? Again?”

“Hey don’t be like that Yoseob-ah! I sheltered you before right?”

“Haha just kidding Jun-ah! Anyway where will you be sleeping at? The couch?”

“Ani, I’ll sleep in the same room as Kwangie, someone’s gotta to keep an eye on him right?”

“I guess so- Wait a minute...in the same room as my dongsaeng?! No, never, no mister! I won’t let you do a thing to my vulnerable unconcious dongsaeng!”

“What?! No! I’ll sleep on the floor Yoseob-ah!"

Although I'm really honest but Yoseob eyed me in a suspicious look as if Checking whether I'm lying or not.

"...borrow Junnie's punishment bed and sleep there arasseo? And if I caught you red-handed mister...Prepare to face hell."

Yoseob said before running upstairs saying he got to shower before sleeping.

"Ahahahaha, you just got scolded by Seobie~ But seriously Jun, you aren't planning to do something bad right?"

"Why are you people keep asking that?! I'm not some ert!"

"No you aren't but it can't hurt to recheck right? Anyway just take a shower before you go to bed ne? I'll be sure to deliver my 'punishment bed' to you in a flash!"

"Yeah, sure...But Dujun-ah, why did both of you called it 'punishment bed'?"

"Hmm? Oh, it's because that's the mattress that I use whenever Seobie is mad at me, that's a rule between us you know. Whenever I come home late or forget to buy chicken every Friday, something like that...More importantly you reeks! Aigoo, go shower quickly!"

"Yah ahjussi, you smell worse than me!"

I retorted before running away and leaving a mad Dujun chasing me.

Anyhow I safely reach Gikwang's room and immediately walk into the shower.

 


 

'Here's your bed and a set of clothes Jun-ah. I really don't want to give you any of my clothes because you called me ahjussi but my kind Seobie insisted me to~ Better stick to your promise Jun-ah! If not I'll lend Seobie a hand in beating you up! It'll be fun! Anyway, It's late so you better sleep and try to keep a watch on Gikwangie arraseo? If he’s panicking be sure to find us ‘kay?’

-From your pal, Yoon Du.

The note on top of the delivered things read.

After reading the memo, I wear the clothes that was given and prepare the bed on the floor, right next to Gikwang's bed.

Speaking of him, he's sleeping so innocently with his mouth open a bit just like a baby.

"Wake up soon Kwangie-ah. We all are worried about you...And I’ll be right by your side...don’t worry...Goodnight."

I whispered softly to him as I caressed his cheeks before laying down on my own bed, falling to deep sleep.

 


 

2 a.m.

“...I’m so...rry…”

‘Hmm? Is that voice-’

“...don’t…urt...me...”

‘It’s Kwangie’s?!’

“Kwangie!”

I shouted as I wake up, whether it’s a dream or not I still got to check on him.

I found him on his bed, curled into a ball and sobbing.

I groggily went up to the bed, half-asleep but conscious enough and move closer to him.

He’s sobbing more, honestly I don’t know what should I do in this situation so I just follow my intuition.

I embrace him gently and his back silently.

After a while he stops sobbing and he slowly uncurled himself.

He look up to me with his dazzling yet sad eyes.

“J-junhyu...ngie…”

“Yes Kwangie…”

“Don’t...leave me.”

He then hug me and snuggle his head into my chest.

“Of course not. Now go back to sleep okay?”

He nods slowly before laying back down to the bed.

After making sure that he’s asleep, I try to climb off the bed but I feel something pull my shirt.

“You...promised.”

Gikwang said as he’s once more wide awake.

“You faked sleeping?”

“Uh-huh. Sleep here Junhyungie.”

He said as he pats the space beside him.

“You won’t sleep unless I’m there?”

“Yup.”

‘Yoseob’ll kill me…’

“Junhyungie?Is something wrong?”

“No, it’s nothing.”

I said as I gave up and lay down beside him.

“Happy now? Now let’s sleep.”

“...Cuddles?”

“What?! No, just hug your rabbit.”

"Mr.Rabbit is cuddly but I want to hug you...Pwease?"

"No means no Kwangie-ah."

“T-then I won’t sleep!”

Gikwang said as he sits up straight and pouted, keeping his position stubbornly even when I tug his shirt and try to pull him.

‘Cross that, Dujun will kill me and then Yoseob will cook me .'

'Huft. But I can't get Kwangie to sleep! Who knows that he's a stubborn one?’

'Ugh, I'll just try to find a solution tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up earlier or something...'

“Okay, Fine. Come here.”

He lay back down and I pull him to my chest.

I swear I can hear him chuckling happily before hugging me as we fall asleep.