Chapter 20 : Guilt

My Hybrid Lover

Dujun's POV

I finally finished discarding the bullet and I wiped the sweat off my forehead using my arm. I sigh in relief.

“You did it Doo-doo”

I smiled at Seobie’s praise as I moved out of his way and left him to carry on with bandaging Jun's wound, he insisted to leave that to him because it's his specialty and all.

Walking over across the room, I rummaged the drawer to find a Ziploc, which I used to keep the bullet before placing it back into the drawer. I threw the used medical gloves in the bin and cleaned my hands thoroughly.

I returned to Seobie and Jun, my lover is in the process of wrapping both of Jun's wounded legs carefully, it's best not to disturb him right now, when he's so focused on doing his thing.

I saw Jun's now stable breathing and I grabbed some tissues to wipe his sweat, the feeling of guilt crept up to me when it dawned on me that I forgot to anaesthetize him before operating on his wound, what kind of a doctor am I?

There's just so much going on in my mind… And when I saw both of my dongsaengs lying on the ground, with one of them injured very badly and so much blood everywhere, my brain just went into panic mode and I went blank.

But thankfully I still remembered that I have to remove that bullet from Jun before he gets infections, though I shouldn't be happy about it…

Because it's my hyung who did this to Jun and he has taken Kiki

‘Aish, no use being depressed Dujun-ah!'

‘You've moped before, right?! Man up and start finding a way out!'

I mentally reprimanded myself before I went outside and found a pale looking Dongwoon sitting beside the door, looking very spaced out.

I felt bad for the maknae…

He has gone through a lot and he can't stop blaming himself for everything that happened.

I closed the door behind me and he didn't even notice or react at all, so I crouched down right in front of him and tapped him on the shoulder.

He looked extremely baffled before coming back to reality and starting to ask me about Jun’s condition.

“H-hyung! How’s Junhyung-hyung? He’ll be okay, right hyung?”

“Yup Dongwoon-ah. He’ll be fine and how about you, are you okay maknae? You look as pale as a ghost!”

“Eh? I guess I was too shocked hyung, but I’ll be fine…”

The maknae said, giving me a weak smile as he tried to hide his sadness.

“Yah Maknae, stop moping and follow me, I need your help carrying them. Seobie’s tending to Jun so you’ll have to do.”

I said as I walked towards the main door with Dongwoon following me, looking puzzled.

“Wha- Who- Oh!”

He finally realized and a big smile finally formed on his face when I opened the back door, revealing both Jihoon-hyung and the maknae’s beloved Hyunseung.

“Jihoon-hyung and S-Seungie-hyung!”

He said happily and tears started forming in his eyes.

“Y-you got them back h-hyung…”

“Yup, as I promised you Dongwoon-ah.”

“T-thank god…”

He cried and I was flabbergasted, I’m not good with this type of thing so I awkwardly patted him on the back as he cried his heart out for a while before we proceeded with bringing the unconscious duo into the house and placing them on the couch in the living room.

When we finished tucking in both of them, using spare blankets Seobie stored in case someone slept over, I looked at Dongwoon and saw the boy had a gentle and loving expression as he looked at Hyunseung’s serene sleeping figure.

“Thank you hyung… I don’t know what I would do without him...”

He said, still looking at his lovers who was sleeping soundly, he must have been missing him a lot…

‘If it’s Seobie...I don’t know if I could handle it as well as the maknae does. He’s the youngest yet, he’s most mature . I’m happy to have such a great dongsaeng…’

“Dongwoon-ah…”

I went to his side and ruffled his hair playfully, laughing at his baffled expression.

“H-hyung?”

“Hmm? Light up Maknae-yah or you’ll look older than ever!”

I said as he pouted at the word of ‘old’ I uttered, before laughing joyfully.

“Ne hyung. Thank you hyung~”

“That’s more of the Son Dongwoon I know. You look much younger right now!”

“Eii~ You’re such a liar hyun-”

“Ugh…”

We both turned to the source of the sound and it turns out that Hyunseung’s starting to wake up.

“...my head...hurts.”

He said holding his head in his hand before opening his eyes slowly and noticing us.

“Dujun and...Woonie? Is that you?!”

He said with joy and he tried to stand, though he’s a bit wobbly due to the drugs’ effects.

I expected the maknae to hurriedly run to him and help him out, but to my surprise he did the exact opposite and ran away from the scene.

“Yah Dongwoo-”

“Woonie! Wait- Ouch.”

Hyunseung tried to chase after him, but he got extremely dizzy and fell to his knees.

“Woonie, Woonie… Why did you...run away from me?”

Hyunseung said, his voice was full of hurt as he kept holding his head and being the doctor I am, I asked him to lie back down as I searched for some painkillers.

When I gave them to him, he gulped the Ibuprofen and drank some water before he stood up abruptly, attempting to search for Dongwoon.

“Must...find Woonie. I…”

He said, struggling at every single steps and I went to support him by the shoulder as we went to search for the maknae.

 


 

Yoseob’s POV

‘Take a turn there…  twist it there… Oh! don’t forget to tie that…and we’re done!’

I finished the bandages neatly and I took a step back to marvel at my job.

‘Yah~ You had improved a lot Seob-ah, high five!’

I mentally did it with myself before I went to check on Jun’s breathing.

Luckily his breathing has become more calm and steady now.
I'm glad that he's okay, I really am.

‘It must have been painful for you Jun...’

“Sorry Junhyung-ah, you can rest now…”

I said to my sleeping friend before I went to sanitize my hands.

‘Thankfully my boyfriend is a pro doctor!’

I mentally praised Doo-doo as I pumped the hand sanitizer.

‘Having a doctor as a boyfriend surely has its perks. No wonder girls chase after him every time we went to the mall.
Even the cashier-noona at the usual clothes store flirted with him even though she knew he has me!’

I chuckled at the thought of my dreamy boyfriend, before a shout woke me up from my daydream and it sounded a lot like Seungie’s voice.

I dashed to the door and when I was about to turn the doorknob, a moan of pain sounded behind me.

I turned around and found Jun starting to wake up, he tried to sit up straight, but struggled a bit before succeeding in doing so.

“Ugh… Damn it hurts.”

He said drowsily before he noticed my presence and started to check his surroundings, the panic could be seen in his eyes and he abruptly tried to stand but failed and went falling right to the floor.

“No… No! Stand up goddammit!”

He said, hitting his bandaged legs before forcing himself to stand again.

When I saw that the blood started to seep out to the bandages, I immediately ran to block him from moving another step.

“Don’t do that Jun! You’ll make it worse-”

“I don’t care! I don’t give a damn, just let me through Yoseob!”

He said with an angry tone and this is the first time that Jun's been angry at me, he nagged, scolded, but he never did get angry at me.

“I won’t! I won’t let my friend injure himself!”

I blocked him stubbornly and gave him the ‘I’m-serious-look’.

He scowled at me and it seemed like he’s at his limits, his legs gave out and he fell.

He cursed profusely for a few minutes before he lowered his head and went quiet, like extremely quiet…

“Jun?”

I called out to him, but he remained completely still and silent.

I crouched down to see his expression and I found out that he's crying.

“Jun?! Did it hurt so much?! That’s why I told you not to move!”

I scolded him as I went to gather my equipment and started to undo his right leg’s bandage.

“Aish, you opened your wound again! Yah don’t be so stubborn-”

“Kwangie…”

I stopped instantly when Jun said that and didn’t utter a word as I continued changing his bandages and Jun kept calling Kiki’s name repetitively.

“...Done. Don’t blame yourself Jun, if Kiki’s here he would say the same-”

“He’s not here! He’s not here Yoseob-ah! That jerk took him away from me and I… I couldn’t save him. I couldn’t even ing protect him! I promised him that I’d protect him and to think that I can’t even fulfill that… Am I that weak?”

He said as tears started to roll down from both of his eyes.

“...Kiki,  I let him go. I let that jerk take him away from me, just because...I was too shocked, too damn shock.”

I patted him on the shoulder as he continued to blame himself and cry at the same time.

“I...I should have replied to him. I shouldn’t have let his hand go! I...”

I listened to all of his words quietly and kept patting him until he calmed down a bit.

“...I’m sorry Seob.”

“Hmm?”

I'm sorry for yelling at you... I'm such a jerk, aren’ I? I’m also sorry that you had to witness that... I just don't know what came over me...

I tried to hold my laughter, but never did Jun sounded this serious and I've experienced a great deal of weird things today so I decided to just let it all go by laughing uncontrollably.

“Hahahahahahaha~”

“Yoseob?”

Junhyung looked at me with an extremely puzzled look which made me continue to laugh even more.

“Sorry, sorry. It’s just that laughing is the best medicine to stress and you should see yourself, your expressions are priceless!”

I continued to laugh and I saw his face start to contort in anger.

“Yah! Stop making fun of me!”

I did as he said and smiled widely, knowing that my plan has succeeded.

“There we go, the grumpy Jun is back! And, I’m hoping he’ll stay this time ‘cause I don’t know if I could handle another show of the mopey Yong Junhyung.”

I said, adding a bit of sarcasm in the end, but Jun didn’t seem to be angry about that and he just gave me a chuckle.

“Thanks. I was really pathetic, wasn't I? Ugh, I'm going to vomit just imagining what happened a few minutes ago.”

He face-palmed himself before he tried to stand up again.

“Yah, don’t start on me again!”

“I’m not, I’m going to get Kwangie back and I need a plan to do that. So, we’ll need to find Dujun and the maknae.”

“Great idea, let’s include Hyunseungie. Oh! And, Jihoon-hyung too, he probably know-”

“J-Jihoon-hyung?! As in my hyung?!”

“Yup! Dujunie and I found him tied up at the warehouse. Hyunseungie said that he heard the sound of struggle from someone so we went to search and that someone turned out to be Jihoon-hyung. Anyway let’s go check on them, are you sure you can walk Jun?”

“Of course, I just need to restrain myself from asserting too much force on the other leg and it’ll be fine.”

So there we go, searching for the guys and we found Jihoon-hyung out cold on the sofa in the living room but, there is no sign of Doo-doo, Dongwoonie and Seungie.

“Where are they?”

I asked Jun, but he didn’t pay any attention to me and instead he directly went to check on his brother.

“He really is Jihoon-hyung. , what will I say to him about Kwangie when he wakes up? I-”

“For heaven’s sake! Just figure it out later. Now, help me find the rest of the guys!”

“Oh right, yeah, sure.”

We went to the kitchen and found no one, so we proceeded to the front door and grumbled to ourselves when we also found that no one was there either.

We stopped dead in our tracks when we heard a small whimper, we scanned around and we found out that the supply room's door was ajar, so we went to check on it, but we didn’t find them. Instead we found something else...