Chapter 13 : It's a secret

My Hybrid Lover

Gikwang’s POV

“...And that’s all. Although it’s not much but we do know now that the rumours on illegal experiments in creating the other rabbit hybrids are true.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Oh! I almost forgot!”

Doo-hyung said suddenly while he brings his back and rummages through it.

Aha!

He took out a picture and gives it to me.

“Here Gikwang-ah, Do you know this person?”

I took the picture and examining it, realizing the person captured in there.

Father?! This is my father!”

Instantly the others crowded around me and every one of them shouts.

“Kiki/Kwangie/hyung’s father is Rain-hyung?”

“So, it’s true then…”

Doo-hyung said and motioned for the others to sit down.

“Do everyone knows father?"

"Rain-hyung is Junhyung's older brother Gikwang-ah. He’s also one of the main scientist in the hybrid project before. But-”

“He disappeared completely 5 years ago…I haven’t heard from him since.”

Junhyungie continued, looking sad.

“Have you tried calling him or communicate with him in a way?”

“I’ve tried Yoon Du, I’ve tried. But hyung won’t reply to any calls or messages.”

“Then did he leave anything behind? Like a clue to his whereabouts or something?”

“...He did left a letter, which is made up of nonsense words that I don’t understand. But it’s from five years ago and undecipherable though, I don’t think it would be much of help.”

“At least it’s something Jun, bring it here tomorrow then.”

“Anyway where did you get that photo though?”

“It’s from Eunkwang, he saw Rain-hyung in the Seoul KTX station and took a photo. It’s from 3 months ago.”

“That’s when father left me!”

“Then he must be in Seoul as we speak. But...it’s a bit hasty now to go all out and search for him. In the photo he wears all black, he even wore sunglasses and mask. My guess is that he doesn’t want to be known. So if we searched all out, we might put him in danger.”

Oh…

I said dejectedly.

‘I don’t want father in any kind of harm but...’

‘I miss him...a lot...’

“Kwangie...I’m sure hyung must have missed you too.”

Junhyungie reassured me and reached out his arms to hug me as I cried in his arms.

“Don’t cry Gikwangie-hyung. If you cry, I’ll *sniffles* end up *sniffles* crying too. ”

Dongwoonie sniffles as he joins in the hug.

“Kiki, seeing y-you sad...makes me cry too.”

Yoseobie starts to cry as he joins us.

Lastly Doo-hyung joined in too.

Cry all your heart out...It’s better to let it out than keep it all buried in.”

Doo-hyung said repeatedly as the silence was replaced by sobs and sniffles…

 


 

Junhyung’s POV

We went to our room after the discussion and I thought that I got to finally have my rest but instead I and the maknae have a fight to settle...

Yah maknae! I’m sleeping there! Go sleep in the other guest room!”

I kick his legs as he pretends to fall asleep on the bed while Gikwang went to shower.

“Yah! I know you’re not sleeping!”

“I don’t want to hyung! It’s dark and scary, I don’t want to go there!”

“Don’t be so whiny!”

“I’m the maknae hyung!”

“Not all maknae are whiny! Get out!”

I said as I pulled his legs and he stubbornly clings on to the bed’s headboards.

“Stop pulling hyung! It hurts!”

“Then stop clinging! How did you manage not to let go for so long?!”

“No! I’ll tell Seungie-hyung!”

Whatever! Just get off!”

“No!”

“Get off!”

No!”

Dongwoon said as he tries to kick me away.

“Aish! Don’t kick me now-”

"Umm...Dongwoonie? Junhyungie?"

Apparently Gikwang have come out of the shower with wet hair and fortunately has his clothes on, which is a cute pla baby blue pajamas.

"Gikwang-hyung/Kwangie!"

"What are you guys doing? Are you fight-"

He tilts his head cutely.

"A-ani! We're-"

"We're playing 'Pull and Pull' Hyung! I-it's-"

"A new game we come up with, ahaha..."

Dongwoon and I try to explain which would absolutely be an utter failure if it wasn't for Gikwang's fortunately innocent, simple mind.

"Oh, is it fun?"

'Phew~'

"Not as fun as I first thought, I'm bored already."

I let go of Dongwoon's leg and walk towards Gikwang.

"Your hair's still wet, let me help you."

He handed me the towel and I dry his hair using my ‘Bathhouse Appa skill’ drying method.

"Whoaa, you're so good at it Junhyungie~"

"Ahahaha, you think so?"

"Stop it hyung! You're messing Gikwang-hyung's hair!"

The maknae rants as he took control of Gikwang's hair using a hairdryer before brushing it.

"There! all better!"

"Thank you Dongwoonie, Junhyungie. Hoamm~ I'm sleepy..."

Gikwang proceed to climb on the bed and sleeps on the center.

"Hmm? What are you guys doing there? Let's sleep."

He pats both his right and left side.

"Let's cuddle!"

He hugs his rabbit doll and smile at us.

"You sure do love cuddles huh?"

"Mwo yo?! You let this hyung cuddle you Gikwangie-hyung?"

Dongwoon said jokingly but it sounded really serious unintentionally.

"Wha- you little!"

"Stop it both of you! Dongwoonie, Junhyungie's not a ... He keeps all the bad ahjussi and the nightmares away!"

Gikwang defended me.

'...I di-did??'

"Really hyung?"

"Really Kwangie?"

"Uh-huh, I feel completely safe with you...t-that's all."

Gikwang starts to avoid our eyes and blushes.

"Oh...then Gikwangie-hyung don't need me… I’ll go to the scary room then..."

Dongwoon said with a fake sad voice, emphasized the scary part before he pretends to leave.

Gikwang, being the pure soul he is, quickly grip Dongwoon’s wrist gently, stopping the maknae on his tracks.

"No! You can stay here too Dongwoonie.We have enough space here."

He said as he pats his empty left side(with me being on the right side).

"Really?" The maknae chirps. "Thank you hyung! I really hates that dark, scary other guest room."

The maknae proceeds to hug Gikwang and nuzzles at his hair.

"Waaah~ My hyungie is so kind-hearted!"

Something literally snaps inside me seeing the maknae all clingy to Kwangie, my Kwangie.

'Yaish! Keep your hands off him!'

I separate them immediately and then hugs Gikwang protectively.

"What do you think you’re doing?"

I think I sounded way more mad than necessary but the maknae just gave a shocked look for a minute before laughing hysterically.

Ahahahahahahaha~ Hyung, release Gikwang-hyung! Ppali~  Hahahahahaha~”

“What are you laughing at! And wha-”

I heard a small whimper from my chest and  found Gikwang struggling to breathe.

Instantly I released my hold of him and checks his condition.

"Mianhae Kwangie, are you alright?"

"Pwuha~ Haa, haa...I’m-I'm alright Junhyungie."

He gasped before smiling cutely at me with a little blush that tinted his cheeks.

‘Oh my, can he be any cuter?! This is torturing me!’

‘I can’t stop wanting to kiss him! I must maintain my distance!’

I thought, instantly I got out of the bed and went to sit on the nearby chair.

“Why are you moving to the chair hyung?”

‘Oh crap!’

‘I forgot about the maknae.’

 


 

Dongwoon’s POV

Junhyung-hyung’s offbeat action is the utterly the golden clue for my presumption of them!

After finally realizing that I’m still at the room, Junhyung-hyung made an excuse about wanting to shower and I would have believed him if it weren’t for the strange blush on his face(that poker-faced hyung never, I repeat, never ever blushes like that before!).

‘I knew it!’

‘Hehehehehe, now that that mean hyung’s gone, I’ll ask Gikwangie-hyung!’

After hearing heavy streams of water from the shower, I jump to the bed, shocking a daydreaming Gikwang-hyung.

Wha- I’m not thinking of the kiss- Oops.”

He quickly cover his mouth with both of his hands after he let slip a golden info.

'Oho.'

"Kiss? Why you thinking about a kiss hyung?"

"It-It wasn't! It’s almos-”

Gikwang-hyung covered his mouth again, this time refusing to let his hands go.

Almost a kiss hyung? With who?? Who??”

I asked but hyung just shakes his head and maintains his action of not speaking.

‘Then I’ll try another way hehe…’

“Is it~ Oh is it~ Junhyung-hyung?”

I said, pretending that I just thought of it.

Although Gikwang-hyung didn’t answer the question, the answer can be perfectly seen by the automatic blush that’s still showing on his face.

It seems that he doesn’t realize it yet as he shakes his head again.

Eii~ Hyung don’t lieee, You’re face shows it all hyung.You’re blushing tremendously~”

Gikwang-hyung then covers his whole face and curls into a defense ball.

“Gikwangie-hyunng~”

I tapped his shoulder, but receiving no answer.

“Hyung~”

“...”

Hyung~”

“...”

“Gikwangie-hyung~”

“...is...itthatobvious?”

Mwo hyung?”

He slowly uncurls himself and though his face wasn’t as red as before but it still shows a shade of pink blush.

“I-is it...that obvious? I mean...that...”

“That you like Junhyung-hyung? Uh-huh, it is clear as the day hyung.”

B-but!”

“Hyung, though you might think that I haven’t notice that I do pay close attention to your actions hyung. Like when in the car-”

“Arasseo, arasseo! Don’t mention the details! But...but do any-anyone else knows?? Do-do he knows, Dongwoonie?”

“Hmm? I don’t think anyone else knows hyung but as for Junhyung-”

Shh!

Gikwangie-hyung said as he points to the bathroom.

‘Ah, that’s right.’

“Sorry hyung~ And...I also don’t think that he knows yet. So don’t worry about it~”

Gikwang-hyung lets out a relieved sigh as soon as he knew.

That’s great… Though Dongwoonie…”

“Yes hyung?”

“It’s a secret okay?”

Of course hyung. I won’t tell a soul, I promise you!”

I said as I give him a cheesy wink which instantly gain a series of laugh from him.

Ahahahaha~ That’s so weird Dongwoonie!”

Ehh?? My wink is not weird hyung! See!”

I give him another wink.

Ahahaha! It’s-it’s sooo funny Dongwoon-ah! Ahahahaha~”

Hyung keeps on laughing and I keeps on making weird winks towards him.

‘Please laugh more hyung…’

I thought as I keep on my actions.

Ahahahahahaha~ Stop it! I- Hahahaha! Can’t breathe! Ahahahaha~”

Hyung said as he clutches my shirt and keeps saying ‘weird’ as he laughs more.

‘Hyung my real wink won’t be that weird and funny! But I’m glad that I can make you laugh so much...’

‘Even if it really hurts my pride!’

‘Anyway for now, cheesy wink~ weird wink for you my hyung!’