Chapter 4 : H-horror?

My Hybrid Lover

Gikwang’s POV

I’m glad that Junhyungie didn’t go.

I really am afraid that if he leave then poof...the same event happens again and…I don’t want that.

“…Kwangie?”

“Ah, yes Junghyungie?”

“You seem a bit off? Don’t worry I’ll be here with you okay?”

“Okay.”

I smiles at him, his words are always so calming.

“Anyways Kwangie do you want to take a bath?”

“Omo, am I smelly?”

“No, I just thought that you might need it.”

“Oh, okay now that I think about it, I do smell like medicine. Yuck.”

“Haha, anyway follow me I’ll show you the bathroom.”

I followed him upstairs to Doo-hyung and Yoseobie’s room.

“You can take a bath here and I’ll be taking mine in the guest room, it’s just beside this room okay?”

“Okay…”

“And that white shelf is Yoseob’s, you’ll can borrow his clothes there okay?”

“Okay Junhyungie.”

He smiled at me before leaving the room.

I quickly get undressed and enters the bathroom, there are clean towels stacked near the sink.

I went to the shower cubicle which is beside a quite large bathtub and I took a quick shower and wash my hair.

After brushing my teeth at the sink I take a clean towel and dry my wet body.

Then I tied a towel around my waist as I took another towel to dry my hair and ears.

“Ah that was refreshing.”

I said as I went out the bathroom and searching for clean boxers to wear.

I wore the previous clothes that Junhyungie gave me for I don’t think it’s necessary to change into a clean pair of clothes again, I picked up the wet towel and place them in the laundry basket before I go.

I went out to find Junghyungie and I stood infront of the door that he said he’d be.

I knock the door a few times while calling his name.

“Junghyungie?”

I stick both my rabbit ears to the door and listen for any sound of him after hearing no reply from the said person.

I did hear sounds of water falling and running, which means he still in the shower…I guess then.

I slouched down to the floor and use the door frame as my back rest.

I started to wonder in my mind, how happy I am to be here with these great and kind people.

‘I know they promise to protect me and I do truly believe them.’

‘But…’

‘What if I just bring trouble?’

‘I don’t want that…’

‘What if the bad guys come here?’

‘What if they hurt my…friends?’

‘And…Junhyungie?’

‘I don’t want him or Yoseobie or Doo-hyung getting in trouble because of me…’

‘I…’

‘I don’t know…’

I move both my knees to my chest and hug them.

Door creaking

I came back to reality as I felt something pushing me from behind.

“Huh? Why can’t I open the door?”

“Ah! Sorry Junghyungie!”

I quickly stand and move out of the way.

“Kwangie? Why do you sit there? Did you wait for me?”

I nodded as he came out, wearing his previous clothes, I give him a questioning look.

“Ah, you must be wondering about my attire? The Dooseob couple doesn’t have any clothes that fit me, Yoseob’s are too small and the doctor’s are too big. So I’m wearing mine, don’t worry I don’t stink much. And why do you wear that?”

“Umm, I don’t want to be any trouble by changing to a new one…and this one isn’t dirty yet.”

“Oh, ok then, hmm what should we do while waiting for them?”

I look at him thinking, this person truly is a handsome.

I think I stare at him quite long and he waves his hand in front of me, saying “Kwangie?”

“…N-ne?”

‘Omo what am I thinking, yah Kwangie don’t think stuff like that!’

I can feel my cheeks heat up and I think I’m blushing, Junghyungie seems to notice this.

“Kwangie? Are you okay, you seem to space off a bit there and why are you blushing?”

“U-umm, nothing…haha. Any-anyway, what should we do Junghyungie?”

I tried to change the topic and luckily he didn’t mind at all.

“Let’s watch a horror movie Kwangie!”

“…H-horror?”

“Yup, I’ve wanted to watch some of the horror movies since last two month but my work didn’t let m-“

“Ah, I shouldn’t watch that with you. I don’t know if you dislike it or not, so I guess I’ll cancel it…”

“Don’t!”

“Huh?”

‘To be perfectly honest I never once watch a horror movie…father said that almost all movies are bad, so we never really watch them, except the ones that have fairies, cute animals and unicorns.’

‘But horror movies can’t be that bad right?’

I thought for a moment but I really want him to be happy and there’s always a first for everything right?

“Umm…I guess I can try…watching horror that is…”

“Are you sure?”

‘Truthfully no.’

“Yup let’s go Junhyungie! Lead the way.”

 


 

At the living room

He asked me to sit at the couch while he rummaging Doo-hyung and Yoseobie’s shelf.

“I’m sure they put it all here somewhere…AHA! Got it!”

He laughs happily as he shows me his findings.

And I started to regret my choices…

The covers look so dark and scary, I don’t like them but I don’t want to disappoint him so I put up the best happy expression I can.

“Yay Junhyungie, let’s watch it.”

“Yup Kwangie, hold this DVDs for a while. I’m going to get us popcorns and drinks too!”

After he hands me the DVDs, he ran to the kitchen direction.

I try to look at the DVDs, so scary…

I flipped it to see more details.

‘Maybe they aren’t as scary as I imagined them to be haha…’

My laugh turns dead as I read the summary.

No, not helping at all…my anxiety just worsens.

I tried to distract myself by looking at the coffee table and my surroundings.

“Kwangie, I brought them.”

Junghyungie carries a tray filled with a large bowl of popcorn, canned drinks (mostly cola I think..) and some snacks.

“Haha judging by your wide eyes, I think I went overboard with the foods. Don’t worry Kwangie, I’ll buy them back for the couple someday. Anyway can you choose and give me one of the movies?”

He placed the tray at the coffee table and reached one of his hand towards me.

I didn’t know what to choose so I just go with the least horrifying cover.

“Here Junhyungie.”

“Oh, thank you Kwangie. Wait a minute okay?”

I watched as he inserts the disc into the DVD player, then he took a sit beside me as he sets the TV.

“Kwangie could you hold the popcorn for me?”

I nodded and placed the popcorn bowl on my thigh.

“Okay, let’s begin the movie shall we? And Play!”