Chapter 11 : Shopping

My Hybrid Lover

Junhyung’s POV

At K Department Store

"Kiki! Kiki! Come on, follow me~"

"Wait Yoseobie!"

Gikwang and Yoseob run ahead as the latter lead them to the Hybrid section.

"Dongwoon-ah, try to keep up the pace. Why are you so slow?”

“I...huff...RUN...huff...up the escalator...huff...for 5 FLOORS...huff...while hyung-deul...huff...use the...huff...ELEVATOR!”

The maknae panted as he try to follow my pace.

“We can’t help it, okay? That elderly lady certainly needs the last space on the elevator more than you Dongwoon-ah.”

“Huft, forget it hyung! Anyway where’s Gikwangie-hyung and Yoseobie-hyung?”

“Them? They’re rushing to pick the clothes right ther-”

Mwo hyung?! Yoseobie-hyung promised to pick Gikwang-hyung’s clothes with me!”

He said before rushing towards the store.

‘Hahaha, I’m surrounded by childish people~’

I thought as I waited for them outside the store, after several minutes (which seems like ages) Yoseob come running out of the store and stops right in front of me with his right hand outstretch.

"Give me.”

“Hmm? What Yoseob-ah?”

“Aigoo~ Give me your credit card Junhyung-ssi.”

“And why should I? You have your own card.”

“I forgot, don't be such a stinge and just lend me yours! Remember that I help Dujunie with Hyungnimie! Without m-”

Arraseo, I get it! Here.”

“Thank you~”

I give him the card reluctantly and he grab it swiftly as he runs back in without looking back.

‘At least I’m the one who actually bought all of that for Kwangie.’

I thought as I’m pleased to see a happy Gikwang come running to me with 2 shopping bags and he shows it to me.

“Junhyungie, Junhyungie there’s so many nice clothes. Yoseobie and Dongwoonie picked so many nice things for me! Oh and thank you for buying them for me Junhyungie.”

“You realized?”

“Hmm? Of course, who would Yoseobie run to other than you, Junhyungie?”

“Well, that’s true. And your welcome Kwangie-ah, I’ve promised to buy you some clothes and I’m glad I can fulfilled my promise. But, you do like the clothes right? Not because of Yoseob and Dongwoon forced it on you right?”

“YAH! We heard it!”

Both Yoseob and Dongwoon replied from behind, carrying more shopping bags.

I ignored them and waits for Gikwang’s answer.

“I do Junhyungie.”

Gikwang said with his adorable eye smile showing.

See! Meanie Jun!”

“I’m not asking you Yoseob-ah. Although why are the shopping bags are so many?”

“Yoseobie-hyung said that we should wear cou-”

“Shhh! Dongwoonie!”

“Oh, right. It’s nothing hyung, ahahaha.”

"Son Dongwoon, Hyung will leave you here if you don’t say the truth right now and that includes you too Yoseob-ah!"

"Aish, It's all your fault Dongwoonie! Anyway Jun, it's nothing really~ I just bought matching pajamas for all of us including you, Doo-doo and Seungie! Call them the ‘friendship pajamas’~"

"You meant that you bought it using my card?! How much are they?"

"Hahaha, about that...it's quite pricey."

"Yang Yoseob!"

"Don't worry! We'll pay our own share! More importantly! It's our family pajamas~"

"Whatever, just as long you guys, except Kwangie, pay."

Aish...Dongwoonie!”

Yoseob said and stomping in anger childishly.

“Mianhae Yoseobie-hyung~ Don’t be mad~”

The maknae tried to use aegyo but unfortunately it doesn't work.

“Aigoo~ Dongwoon-ah, I’m the ‘aegyo master’. Your aegyo won’t work on me!”

“That’s true...But really hyung, I’m really really really sorry.”

“Well...okay Dongwoonie, If you said it like that...Of course I can’t be mad at you!”

Then the both of them hugged and happily made up.

“Great that you guys have made up! Now let’s go eat some ice creams.”

“Yayyy! Let’s Go!”

“The last one to Dongwoonie’s favourite ice cream parlour will pay the ice creams! Come on Kiki!”

Yoseob said before running away with Gikwang, Dongwoon following behind.

‘I intend to treat everyone anyway…’

I thought as I take my time walking to the parlour.

 


 

Gikwang's POV

"Yong Junhyung! Ppali! Ppali!"

Yoseobie yelled as we pick a table to sit on.

"Coming! Dongwoon-ah, let's get in the line!"

Dongwoonie nodded before standing and waits in the line with Junhyungie.

"Don't buy chocolate flavour for me!"

"Ne Hyung! / Whatever!"

Both of them said to Yoseobie, then Junhyungie walked out of the line and came to out table.

"Kwangie what flavour do you want?"

"Umm, I don't know? I'll have what you have, Junhyungie."

"Okay."

He said before running back to the line.

I checks my surrounding and I'm really shocked at first because the parlour is so colourful, like someone bought and splashed paints all over the place.

Then my eyes wander to a flyer that is attached to the wall with picture of a huge wheely thingy and horses with wings, with pole stucked between them.

"Kiki? What are you looking at so seriously?"

"That flyer, Yoseobie."

I pointed to him as I stands a bit.

"Ah~ that amusement park advertisement?"

I nod when he asked and in turn, I asked him about the wheely thingy and the horses.

"Kekekekeke~ Kiki, those pictures are the ferris wheel and the carousel or more known as the 'merry-go-around'. You haven't heard of them?"

"No. Have you gone there, Yoseobie?"

"Twice. It was so much fun and- Oh, don't look so sad Kiki. Didn't Dujunie promised you something? You could ask him to take you to the amusement park, We could all go together! It'll be so much fun! Let's tell Dongwoonie and Jun about it!"

Yoseobie said excitedly.

"Tell us what?"

Junhyungie said as he and Dongwoonie emerge, each carrying two cups filled with ice creams.

"Here Kwangie."

He handed me my ice cream, while Dongwoonie handed Yoseobie, his.

"I bought the cookie and cream flavour for us."

Junhyungie said as he took a sit beside me.

"So what did you want to tell us hyung?"

Dongwoonie asked as he took a scoop of his ice cream to his mouth.

"Oh, that's right! Listen here guys, Kiki and I..."

Yoseobie explained all about the idea of the amusement park and our maknae agreed instantly, saying that he loveees amusement parks.

Though I can't say the same for Junhyungie as he seems to be thinking about something seriously.

"..."

"Junhyungie?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Don't you think it's a bit dangerous to bring Kwangie there? With many people around?"

"We can keep-"

"We almost lose him Yoseob-ah! I-I don't think it's a good idea."

"..."

Silence hangs in the air and I don't like it even a bit, knowing it's my fault for my selfish opinion, I decided to break the silence.

"It's okay..."

"Wha-what?? But! Kiki, it's your first time there! We should-"

"It's okay Yoseobie. I don't want to be a burden for you, Dongwoonie and Junhyungie. You’re all my friends and family."

I said with a reassuring smile.

“Kiki…”

"You've never been there?"

Junhyungie suddenly asked and I nodded, then he goes back to his thinking mode.

"..."

"..."

"...I'll consider it."

“Wha- Jun, you just said-”

"D-don't get me wrong! It's still a dangerous place! But if Kwangie really want to go there...I'll think about it again...."

He stutters and blushes at the last part while eating the ice cream in a fast pace before yelling 'brainfreeze', which gains laughter from both Yoseobie and Dongwoonie.

"Omo! He's embarrased! Dum-dum-dum! A rare side of Yong Junhyung has entered the building~"

"You’re right Yoseobie-hyung~ Hahahaha~"

Yoseobie and Dongwoonie said teasingly and grinning mischievously.

"Yah! Shut up you guys! Just eat your ice cream!"

"Hahahahahaha! Look at your face Jun! It's as red as a tomato!"

"SHUT UP!"

 


 

After the ice creams, Yoseobie suggested that we should get some food before going back.

So here we are loading the bags to the car while discussing about our dinner.

"Chicken! We must bring chicken!"

Yoseobie said excitedly.

"Ehh? Please hyung, anything but that!"

"Pizza then?"

Junhyungie suggested.

"Nooo! Seungie-hyung ordered that 24/7! I can't eat that anymore!"

"Yah Dongwoonie! You just keep on denying our suggestion without giving any idea! What should we eat then?!"

"Hmm...Molla hyung."

"See! Then we're going with chi-"

"Pizza!"

"Chicken!"

"Pizza!"

And Junhyungie and Yoseobie keep on mentioning 'chicken' and 'pizza'.

"Hyung-deul, stop it! Let's just get in the car first! It looks like it's going to rain."

At Dongwoonie's warning, all of us scurry into the car.

And the 'chicken' and 'pizza' discussion continued.

"What do we do now Gikwang-hyung?"

Dongwoonie asked me as we both are sitting at the passenger seat in the back.

"I don't know Dongwoonie."

"You should break their quarrel hyung. They'll listen more to you than me."

"What should I say Dongwoonie?"

"Hmm...'Just drive around and maybe an idea will pop?', how about that hyung?"

"Ok..."

I turn to the duo and pat both of their shoulders.

"Umm...We should drive around and maybe an idea will pop?"

I said, repeating Dongwoonie's words.

"..."

"..."

"If Kiki/Kwangie said so..."

"Yah! Stop copying me!"

"Shut up!"

Both Junhyungie and Yoseobie said altogether before silence hangs in the air as Junhyungie drives.

I fidgets in my seat for the uncomfortable silence and suddenly I realize that I've been stepping on some papers.

"Ah! Omo..."

I said as I gather the papers below me.

"Kiki/Kwangie/Gikwangie-hyung, what's wrong?"

“Ah, it’s just...these,sorry…”

“Oh, those advertisements? Don’t be sorry, I always forgot to throw those away.”

Junhyungie answered before returning his focus to the road.

‘Oh...thank goodness it’s nothing important.’

I thought as I'm flipping through the papers and one of them captured my interest.

It’s a red ad paper with a man eating some kind of porks, it says here...’samgyupsal’.

The description sounds yummy and I would love to try it.

Chicken!

Pizza!

Chicken!

Junhyungie and Yoseobie keep shouting and I don’t think I should bother them?

So I turn to Dongwoonie for his opinion…

“Dongwoonie, look at this.”

“Hmm? Mwo hyung?...Oh, samgyupsal. What about it hyung?”

“Is it really as delicious as the ad says?”

“Mwo? Hyung, you never had samgyupsal? It’s really really really delicious hyung! Though I prefer Korean beef better, but samgyupsal is still great.”

“Really?”

“Yup hyung!...Oh! Great idea Gikwang-hyung, we could have samgyupsal for lunch! JUNHYUNG & YOSEOBIE-HYUNG!”

“What?!”

“Gikwangie-hyung and I thought about having samgyupsal.”

“Samgyupsal?”

“Yup, Gikwangie-hyung wants to try his first samgyupsal hyung-deul.”

“Really? Kiki/Kwangie wants to?”

“Oh for the love of- Yes hyung-deul!!”

“...”

“Then onwards Jun! Let’s go buy some pork! I’ll cook my specialty samgyupsal for Kiki!”

“Okay, okay.”

Junhyungie continued to chat with Yoseob while I turn to see a smiley Dongwoonie.

“Glad that it’s settled right Gikwang-hyung?”

Dongwoon whispered to me, giving me the thumbs up.

“Uh-huh.”

I agreed, feeling a bit happy about it.

“Kwangie?”

Junhyungie called.

“Ne Junhyungie?”

“Great job.”

He praised me and at the same time I can hear something pounding in my chest.

Badump...Badump...Badump…

And my face heats up but luckily Dongwoon pays his full attention to his phone and no one notices my blushing face.

‘Why did my heart keep on beating?’

‘And why am I blushing?’

‘It happens before too...and that time...he-he almost...ki-kissed me...’

‘Is this what father used to remind me? What is it...l-love?’

‘Is it? Is it? Is it? I don’t know...But...’

‘Last time...I-I almost let him kiss me...I don’t know why...’

‘I guess I wanted too...to k-kiss Junhyungie?’

“...wang-hyung? Gikwang-hyung?”

Dongwoon’s voice wakes me from my thoughts and I turn to face him, saying that it’s nothing.

I know he realized the blush and the shakiness of my voice but the nice maknae didn’t pry for more.

‘Phew...I don’t know for sure but...I think I...I have some feelings for Junhyungie.’

‘I just need to make sure of it...that’s a must Gikwang-ah!’

I said to myself  before paying attention back to my friends.

“We’re here! Let’s go shopping some for pigs!”

“Porks, Yoseob-ah.”

Whatever!

Yoseobie said as he went out of the car and open the car door at my side.

“Kiki, let’s go pick some juicy meat!”

He said as he pulls me with him, with Dongwoonie and Junhyungie following behind.