Chapter 3 : Explanations

My Hybrid Lover

Nobody’s POV

A man entered the room, facing a back of his boss’ chair that was facing a large monitor.

So…what news do you bring me Josh?”

The man sitting on the chair reveals himself as he turns his attention to his henchman.

“Phase 1 was passed with flying colors sir, the target successfully utilize his power.”

“Hmm, that’s great. Do you have the proof though?”

“Certainly sir, Kim come in and tells the boss what happens.”

The said man, Kim, come into the room.

Yes Sir! I was the victim of the target’s power boss. I was in a daze and I am awaken to my normal self after about 2 hours. That’s all sirs.”

“Very well Kim-ssi, I believe in you. But, I have a question...what did you do that made the target use his powers? Do recall that I, myself forbid any type of harm caused to the target. Did you or did you not hurt the target Kim-ssi?”

“I-I…”

“Well? You do have a mouth no? ANSWER ME!”

“…I did stun him sir.”

The man rises from his chair and floored Kim while kicking him in the stomach.

“WHAT!”

Kicks

“DID!”

Kicks

“I SAY!”

Kicks

“ABOUT NOT!”

Kicks

“HARMING! THAT YOU!”

Kicks

“DON’T UNDERSTAND, MORON!!”

Kicks Hard

Sir, he’s going to die if you continue sir.”

“Then he shall die!! He did hurt my beloved specimen!”

Kicking continues

“But he did make the target utilize his powers sir.”

“That’s right Josh, but I DID say no harming the target no?!”

“You’re words are absolute sir. But his death will soil this great day sir.”

“…You do make a great point Josh. I do want this successful day remembered with no blood, Fine! then, Kim-ssi you may go. But if I heard you touch even a hair of the target…I’LL KILL YOU.”

The man said with a menacing glare.

“Y-yes sir.”

The man struggles to get up and he limply run for his life.

“Now Josh, do you know where the target’s current whereabouts?”

 “I believe he has taken sanctuary at Yoon Dujun’s clinic.”

“HA! Marvelous, simply marvelous. Such a brilliant specimen, of all people he manage to take sanctuary with my brother. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, but surely he’ll come out of his hiding place, keep a close eye to the target Josh. As soon as the chance comes, capture him immediately and don’t let my brother know of your presence. That’s all Josh, you’re dismissed.”

“Yes sir.”

The man leaves the room as the other sits back on his chair and stare back to the monitor.

“Of all places and people, HAHAHAHAHA, you’re so lucky.  Very well, two can play that game. I’m a patient man, I can wait for the right moment. Sooner or later, you’ll be in my grasp again. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, enjoy your brief freedom, you can’t escape from me forever. HAHAHAHAHAHA.”

 


 

Junhyung’s POV

I lead Gikwang to the dining room and we were surprised when we were greeted by a lovely smell of breakfast right when we open the door.

 “Kiki, Jun! Come here both of you, don’t just stand there! Let’s eat, Junnie’s have worked hard in making these foods.”

Yoseob states as he found us lingering at the door smelling the delicious smell for a bit long than necessary.

“Haha sorry, let’s sit down Kwangie.”

Gikwang replied me with a smile and take a seat beside me while Dujun and Yoseob on the opposite side, facing us.

I marveled at the food, they really outdo themselves today.

In about 15 minutes or so, they have made bacon and eggs, pancakes, waffles, toasts, and orange juices for 4 people servings.

We thanked for the food and Dujun steps in to say something before we commence to eat.

“First of all I would like to say thank you to my beloved Seobie for helping me…”

He kisses Yoseob’s forehead and the latter blushes.

“And Gikwang-ah, I hope with this breakfast, I can make it up for earlier.”

I see Gikwang give him a cute smile and nodding his head.

“So let’s cut through the chit-chat and most importantly…Let’s toast to our new friend Gikwangie!”

Glasses clinking

“Now let’s dig in!!”

 

 


 

After Eating

“I’m full, great work both of you.”

I praised the couple and I saw Gikwang did the same.

“Ah, you guys it’s not a big deal! Right Seobie?”

“Haha, sure Junnie. Just make sure next time you don’t burn the frying pan.”

The whole room falls into laughter at Yoseob’s word.

“You burnt it again? And here I thought you improved Dujun.”

“Yah! It’s not that bad…At least I slightly cook now.”

And we laugh at him again, that doctor really livens up the room.

“Stop laughing at me! Anyway to the important part now Seobie you can begin while I wash the dishes.”

He announced as he balances all the plates and glasses to the kitchen sink and he washes them.

“So, please both of you pay attention to what I about to say. Junnie will be joining us in a bit.”

Both Gikwang and I turn to him as asked.

“Kiki, I’m sorry to say this but we need you to tell us what had happened last night. I’m really am sorry for intruding your privacy but Junnie and I decided that it would be best if you told us what happen so that we can protect you, ensure your safety.”

I can feel Gikwang a bit tense but trying hard to hide it.

“Yoseob-ah, don’t you think it’s a bit too much to ask him now?”

“Of course it’s too much, but we can guarantee more of Kiki’s safety if we know who’s after him and why.”

He stated and looked at me in a serious expression, an expression that Yoseob use when he really means what he says and it’s absolute.

“I’m done!”

Dujun says as he takes a seat beside Yoseob.

“Junnie, be quiet. Anyways Kiki, if you please give us an answer…”

He smiles gently at Gikwang, I reach my hand to Gikwang, trying to giving him courage.

Gikwang then took a deep breath and started to talk.

“So, umm where should I start?”

“You could start from the beginning if you want, we like to know your father.”

Dujun said as he gave a gentle smile at Kwangie.

“Umm okay…so, the first memory I remembered was waking up to a bright blue ceilings and I was greeted by someone, he said to call him by father. He treated me kindly and gently, he teached me all I need to know and plays with me. He doesn’t call me names and he always calls me son or Kwangie, I felt happy and safe with him. We lived in a pleasant house with a small farm and small fields, I love being there with the fresh air and everywhere I look is filled with green grass. I don’t know how many years have passed, I just felt extremely happy and enjoyed my life. But…one day father told me he needed to find something and told me not to follow him, for he said that he wanted me safe and away from any danger. I waited and waited but…he never came back, then after months passed, I got a visit from some suspicious men and they told me if I wanted to find my father, I must followed them. I declined their offer because the father last words before leaving was,‘Kwangie, my son, you must not trust anyone.’ B-but they wouldn’t listen and they held me and one of them injects something through my arm, then I passed out…”

Gikwang starts to sheds some tears but he quickly wipes it before smiling and continuing, but the smile he shows seems sad.

“Then when I woke up I found myself locked up in a cell, they only let me out when I wanted to go the restroom. I remembered seeing fellow hybrids locked up in their own cells when I went to the restroom. They also forced me to use some kind of power? I kept saying that 'I don't have any' but they won't listen and the tests were never a success. I don't remember much about the tests though..."

"It's okay Gikwang-ah, just tell us what you remember."

"Okay...so, admist all of that, I still keep hoping and hoping that father will come and save me but as the days and nights passed...he never came. I decided to escape on my own, so I follow my instincts and concentrate in using my hearing ability in whenever I have the chance, and the awaited moment finally come. Last night I found my golden chance in escaping, I heard that the security is lessening their guard and I asked one of the guards that are guarding me to take me to the doctor, I faked in having a great pain in my stomach and the guards quickly let me out and they thought that I’m weakening, so one of them underestimated me and took me to the doctor alone. Well, I should be thankful of that because as soon as we walk to a silent corridor, I kicked him hard at his crotch area and quickly flee. He swore and curse as I ran as fast as I can, strangely that night there weren’t any guards patrolling the exit, so I took my chance and flee. But problems began from there because the alarms went off when I passed the main gate and the security camera caught me, the sound alerted all the guards. But it didn’t stop my actions, I hopped through the fences and flee to the city. Some of the men chased me and I managed to fool them though my luck ends when one of them stunned me. He paralyzes my movement and I can’t run anymore, then…”

“Then what Kiki?”

“I-I…something inside me snaps and I don’t know why but when I yelled towards him to release me, he did. And he had this blank face, like somehow my words managed to influenced him in a way. Taking it as my chance, I sprinted away from him and ran until my last energy depleted and I hit the ground unable to feel my legs again, the pain was antagonizing. Then someone called to me and that’s you Seobie, I sensed that you're not a bad person so I asked of your help before darkness greeted me…”

He hugged his own body, that must have been traumatizing, to be in that situation and remembering it all again.

I tried to comfort him by his hair and ears, I thought he would push me away but he didn’t and I’m glad he didn’t, so I continue to comfort him.

“Thank you for sharing and being honest with us Gikwang-ah and about your powers, I will try my best to find out about that, I’ll research with my trusted fellow doctors at the city tomorrow with Seobie. We’ll promise to do everything we could to protect you.”

Gikwang nodded at him and he seems to furrow his brows.

“Anyway Kiki do you have any question for us? You seem troubled about something?”

“Umm, if you don’t mind…I’ve been wondering about your words about that ‘state’, what is…that?”

“Oh, that, it is a certain condition which most of hybrids are tend to undergo Kiki, when they have a bad or traumatizing past experience. It is like a PTSD but also happening with hybrids, you are easily tensed by slight sounds and movement, Jun said that you have a terrible nightmare when you sleep and when Junnie suddenly hug you, you are reminded of the flashbacks of the chasing, am I right?”

“Yes that’s right. You’re amazing Yoseobie, how do you know that?”

“Haha, thank you Kiki, I’m not a doctor’s lover for nothing you know. Anyway those signs are the indications that you might suffer a light PTSD.”

“Is it…bad Yoseobie?”

“Well, if you continue to show more symptoms then it might be. But! Don’t worry I know someone who suffers PTSD so horrible than other but he recovered and he’s all well and happy now.”

“…Who’s that person Yoseobie?” 

“Oh, you’ll meet him later. Our friends are coming to meet you and don’t fret Kiki, they are good guys and trustworthy individuals.”

“Umm…okay.”

I smiled at Gikwang’s more relaxed posture and a thought struck me, I FORGOT ABOUT HYUNGNIM!!

“Uh guys I will be leaving for a while, I need to take care of Hyungnim.”

“What?! Didn’t you take him to the dog daycare?”

“I forgot to take him there yesterday, I planned to take him today.”

“Umm... Hyung…nim?”

I heard Gikwang asked.

“Hyungnim is Jun’s pet dog Gikwang-ah, he just got him 4 months ago.”

“Oh...”

“Anyways Jun, just hurry go and bring Hyungnim to the daycare. We’ll stay here with Gikwangie.”

I nod at Dujun as I rose up from the table and walk the door.

When I’m about to turn the door knob, I feel someone grab my shirt, stopping me.

I turn to see the person.

“Kwangie?”

I asked him.

“Jun-Junhyungie, don’t leave…”

He said as he clenches my shirt.

“Kwangie-ah…”

I took hold of both of hands and say,

“I’ll be back as soon as I can Kwangie, I promise. Hyungnim can’t take care of himself you know Kwangie. I’ll be back ASAP, ok?”

I release both of his hands and as soon as I do, he grabs my shirt again.

“…”

“Kwangie?”

“Kiki, let Jun go. You’ll see him again okay?”

Yoseob approach him and try to pry his hold of my shirt.

“Yoseobie…I don’t want to…”

Gikwang said as he whimpers.

“But you’ll be in trouble if you go outside Kiki, it’s not safe.”

“…No Yoseobie.”

Gikwang shakes his head more as clenches my shirt even tighter, refusing to let go, he looks so cute while he pouts.

I felt happy for his protectiveness towards me but Hyungnim going to starve and probably chew everything in the apartment that he can chew, he always did that if I forget to feed him.

“Kwangie, go with Seobie and Dujun. I’ll promise I’ll return really soon okay?”

“…no! Junhyungie…you…might…not….re-”

“Kiki, you’ll troubling Jun and Hyungnim will be hungry. Let go of him okay?”

Yoseob tried to pry him again.

“Seobie, let him hang on to Jun.”

“Eh? Why Junnie? What about Hyungnim?”

“Gikwang here has his own reason Seobie-ah.”

Dujun smiles at him and he turns to me with a look that says ‘you should know by now’.

I wonder what he means then something clicks in my mind.

Ah…Gikwang-ah must have thought the possibility that ‘incident’ happening to me.

I should know better, but I do wonder why he afraid that it will happen to me though?

“Reason?”

Yoseob said as he furrows his brow, it seems only him that still doesn’t get it.

“Yup Seobie, Omo you’re so cute doing that Seobiee!”

“Yah Junnie, Get off me!“

I laugh at their antics but I look to see Gikwang didn’t do the same, he still worries...

 “Kwangie? Are you scared that I might not come back?”

I asked him and he looks at me with doe eyes and nodded.

“And nothing can stop you from preventing me to leave?”

I smile when he cutely nods his head.

‘Ah~ why are you so cute Gikwang-ah? Well, I guess I could ask someone to take my place…’ I thought evilly, remembering a certain doctor who owed me a favour.

“Yah childish doctor! Go to my place and bring Hyungnim to the daycare!”

“Huh?! Wae me Jun?! I want to stay here and lazing around!”

“What? Lazing around?! Are you crazy, you’re a doctor you know?!”

“Yes I know but I don’t feel so good today and I don’t want that to affect my work.”

“Oh really? But as ‘unwell’ you are you must do me a favor.”

“Wae?! I already told you I’m not well!”

“Because you owe me Yoon Du!! Now go before I kick your !”

“Aish, okay…Seobie-ah, come with me?”

“Why Junnie? I prefer being here with Kiki, I want to play with him.”

“Seobie without you I’ll be dead meat when I enter Jun’s apartment!”

I chuckle to myself at his statement, I remember the last time the Dooseob couple went to my place and Dujun accidentally steps on one of Hyungnim’s leg and Hyungnim been pretty aggressive with him since then.

“Junhyungie?”

I heard Gikwang asked me and I just smile at him and telling him its nothing.

“B-but!”

“Seobie, how could you leave your boyfriend to die?”

“Aish! Okay, okay!”

“Yay! I love you Seobie-ah!”

Dujun lunges himself to kiss Yoseob on the cheek.

“You must treat me to ice-cream later though!”

“Yes, Seobie~ I’ll buy you anything.”

“Okay Junnie! Now let’s go, Jun there wants to explode any second now!”

“Damn right! Go now or suffer my never ending wrath!”

“Seobie, let’s goooo!”

Dujun took his hand and made their escape swiftly.