Chapter 14 : Feelings... And Hyungnim!

My Hybrid Lover

Junhyung’s POV

I let the cold water hits me with full force as I turn the shower knob to the coldest.

I really need to wash away all of my thoughts about Gikwang right now.

Everything is just so sudden, one minute I fell in love with him and the next I found out that he’s my nephew.

‘But why?!’

I hit the walls in front of me, surely they won’t hear me when the shower keeps on running heavily.

‘Why…why is he my nephew?! Why did all this happen when...I just...started to love someone again. Why...’

I keep on releasing my frustrations through punching the wall but not with enough force to actually hurt myself.

‘I...I love him. I love Kwangie so much that...it hurts.’

Tears of anger, sadness, frustration and confusion starts to fall from both of my eyes.

I keep hitting the wall with much force than before that it hurts so much but not as much as how my heart’s hurting now.

“Why...why?”

I don’t bother to hold the tears in anymore and just let all of my sadness go as the heavy streams of water hit me.

 


 

When I composed myself and went out from the shower, I found Dongwoon and Gikwang both fell asleep on their side of the bed.

‘Sigh...Did I shower for too long?’

I thought as I rummaged the wardrobe and shelf, looking for a decent pajamas or at least T-shirt and pants.

After I finally found and wore the pajamas, I creep slowly to the bed and lay down to the empty side of the bed(with Gikwang in the centre and maknae on the right side).

I backed both of them and closes my eyes, trying to sleep but my mind keep on wandering back to the fact that Gikwang, my love and nephew is sleeping beside me.

I turn to face his side and use my left arm to support my neck as I stares at him.

‘Since the first time I met you… You always sleep so peacefully Kwangie...’

‘I wish you could live your life as peaceful too...’

‘I really want to keep you safe Kwangie.'

'And it may be wrong and selfish of me…'

‘But...’

‘I...I really, really, really want you to know...that I...love you so much.’

I his falling locks gently back, showing his beautiful forehead.

‘Everything’s about you is so beautiful...’

‘Your soft black locks, plump irresistible lips, smooth milky white skin, those hands that fits perfectly with mine, petite height that matches well when I hold you tight against my chest...and your amazing shining brown eyes, that eyes...that always looks towards me with love and adoration.’

‘Though I don’t know whether it’s family love or the other kind of love.’

‘Did you know from the start that I am your family?’

‘Or did you just found out too?’

‘Did Rain-hyung told you before?’

‘And...maybe...that’s the reason why you’re so close to me all these times...’

‘But...what about the kiss we almost had?’

‘Did you really mean it?’

I mentally said to the sleeping boy beside me.

‘Though whatever it is, it doesn't matter anymore...’

‘I’ve cooled off and...’

‘I’ve decided to...bur my feelings for you.’

‘It’s the best way and ending for us...’

‘I mustn’t have any feelings for you...other than love for a family...’

‘I’m going to let it go.’

I resolved myself to let go any feelings of love towards him gone and be replace with a new kind of love, family love…

“I’m giving up on you…”

I said to the sleeping boy.

“I love you with all my heart, but...I can’t anymore. I’m sorry Kwangie…”

Tears coming right out of my eyes and unknowingly I shed tears, I try to wipe it and accidentally some drops to his cheeks and wakes him up.

“...Uhh...what is this...tears? J-Junhyungie? What happens? Why are you crying?? Are you hurt?”

‘Damn! I’ve woken him up! And he sees me...cries...’

“A-ah...no, don’t worry.  Sorry I’ve woken you up. I’m okay, it’s just...I got something in my eyes, haha. It’s fine now.”

I faked laughing, faked nudging and rubbing my eyes, convincing him.

“Really? Phew, that’s a relief and OMO!”

He shouted and grabs my bruised knuckles.

“Oh this? I don’t know how it got this way. Leave it be...”

‘I punched the shower walls...trying to kill my feelings for you…’

“Mwo?! It’s bleeding!!”

“It’s just a little-

No! Where’s the first aid box?!”

He said, with a firm voice and determination that I’ve never seen before.

A bit shocked, I pointed to the shelves and he leaped to it as he search through it.

When he finally found the box, he motions me to sit on the chair so that we won’t wake up the snoring maknae.

“It will hurt a little Junhyungie…”

He said as he applied the disinfectant carefully, but still it hurts a bit and he can see the clear frown that shows on my face.

“Mianhae Junhyungie...but it must be cleaned!”

I nodded at him to continue and he quickly unwraps the bandage, then he gently place the foam dressing on the wounds(I swear it’s just a little wound but he insists that it isn’t).

After that he delicately wraps the bandage around my injured knuckles.

“There. Does it still hurts Junhyungie??”

Gikwang said as he looked at them with sad, sad eyes.

‘I’m not worth of your kindness...Kwangie...’

“It’s okay Kwangie.”

‘It’s not okay...It hurts...’

“I’m sure it’ll be better tomorrow.”

‘It hurts...a lot...’

“I’m sorry if it’s not neat enough...”

‘I’m wanting something I can’t have...’

“It’s okay, It’s great.”

‘I really don’t know…’

“It is?”

‘How I erase this feelings...’

“Yes, did you do this often though?”

‘How?’

“No, it’s my first time! Father teached me before. He said that it may come in handy, and it actually did!”

He said as he lightens up and smiles brightly.

“Haha...that’s so typical of Rain-hyung…”

I laughed bitterly but luckily he didn’t notice, instead he keeps on looking to my bandage hand.

“Where do the wound comes from Junhyungie?”

That dreaded question finally come.

“I didn’t see it before…”

He looks at it quizzically.

“I don’t know Kwangie.”

I lied and he didn’t take upon the lie.

“Don’t lie Junhyungie...I can see it on your eyes. And just so you know, I really hates people who lies to me!”

He sounds really, really, really sads and that makes me apologize to him immediately.

“Then...could you tell me the truth?”

“I…”

“I...I punchedtheshowerwalls…”

I rapped it but who am I kidding, he's a hybrid.

“Eeh?! Why-”

“Because...I’m frustrated. I wish for something Kwangie, something that I can never have.”

“Something...you can’t have?”

“Yeah…”

“What is it Junhyungie??”

“I...I can’t tell you that.”

Ehh?? Wae??”

‘Because it might freak you out Gikwang-ah!’

‘I don’t want you to be disgusted of me...or worse...’

‘I don’t want you to hate me...’

“Because...It’s a secret!”

Junhyungie!”

“Thanks for this Kwangie.”

I pointed to the bandage before I stands and crawls into the bed.

Good night!

‘If I continue this...you’ll eventually find out about the truth...’

‘It’s best if I avoided you...for now...’

“Eeh?!!”

Junhyungie!!”

I’m tired Kwangie...just ask me tomorrow!”

I pretended to groaned as I cover myself with the blanket.

I can hear him sighs and grumble cutely to himself before he reluctantly climb to his side of the bed and falls to sleep.

After hearing soft breathes from him, I uncover myself and whisper softly to the sleeping boy.

“Kwangie...I’m sorry.”

‘I promise I’ll keep on loving you...’

‘But...as uncle from now on.’

‘I’ll throw my feelings for you.’

‘Even if it hurts and breaks my heart back to pieces...’

‘I’ll do anything for you...’

I thought as I caress his face and I turn to face the other side to sleep.

 


 

Gikwang’s POV

"This is your home Junhyungie?? But it says 'Dogs-"

"No Kwangie, we're going to pick up Hyungnim."

"Hyungnim?"

"Ugh...can't you do it later Hyung?!"

"Pufft~ It's your own fault for following in the first place!"

"Eii~ I can be a great help hyung! Just not with Hyungnim..."

"Hyungnim's scary?"

"He's a demon Gikwangie-hyung! Super sca- Umph-"

Junhyungie put his hand on Dongwoonie, stopping him from speaking.

"Ahahahaha, very funny Dongwoon-ah! Don’t worry Kwangie, Hyunim’s a lot nicer than the maknae says he would be. But he’s a little devil he is…

“What?”

“No, nothing at all! Maknae, shut up and you’ll guard the car. If not you’ll come with us.”

Dongwoonie nods at Junhyungie as the latter releases his hold and he gives me a apologetic look.

I give him a questioning look as Junhyungie opens the car door and brings me into the shop..

Oh! Junhyung-ah!”

Sunggyu-ah!”

Junhyungie went to shake the other man’s hand as a greeting.

“Is it your shift today?”

“Uh-huh, who’s that with you?”

He said pointing to me.

“Sunggyu-ah, this is my nephew Lee Gikwang. Kwangie, this is my friend Kim Sunggyu.”

NEPHEW?! I didn’t know you had one-”

“Nice to meet you too Sunggyu-ssi.”

“Nice to meet you too Gikwang-ssi.”

We did a casual bow to each other.

“He’s so polite Junhyung-ah and cute to boot! Lucky you! As for me I have Lee Howon is far from being cute and neither is he polite to his hyung.”

“Ahahaha~ He’s very polite to me Sunggyu-ah. Maybe it’s just you. Anyway can you bring Hyungnim?”

“Oh! That’s right, wait a sec.”

Sunggyu-ssi runs to the back and later he emerges with an surly expression English Bulldog.

It radiates a quite black aura that scares me a little and I quickly hides behind Junhyungie.

“Don’t look so grumpy Hyungnim, Junhyung’s here to take you home.”

Sunggyu-ssi said to the puppy and it attempts to bite him before Junhyungie comes to hold it.

Hyungnim! Don’t bite me! It’s not hyung’s fault that Tofu didn’t come today!”

Sunggyu-ssi complains as he returns to his cashier table and calculates something.

“Tofu didn’t come?”

“Yup, my Namstar wants to take him to visit Sungjong.”

“Oh. That’s too bad then. So you get along with any dog beside Tofu, Hyungnim?”

Junhyungie said as he holds the puppy to his face height.

“Kwangie, come here! Meet Hyungnim, my pet dog.”

Junhyungie motions for me to come closer and I slowly creep closer after sensing that the puppy’s calm down a bit.

“H-hello Hyu-hyungnim. I’m Gikwangie.”

I said weakly and keep my distance with it.

The puppy turns his head towards me and stare at me with strong intensity, like it can look past me.

I am so anxious to be stare at like that and I stumbles backward, falling down to my bottom.

And all things happen so fast, the puppy suddenly jumps out from Junhyungie’s hold and leaps to my direction.

I shut both eyes, expecting an attack towards me.

Hyungnim did bites my pants but when I open my eyes, he doesn’t radiates a dark aura and instead he becomes calmer?

Hyungnim!”

Junhyungie comes and trying to detach Hyungnim from me but the puppy wouldn’t budge.

After several pulls, the puppy finally releases his hold of me and furiously barking to Junhyungie.

“ARRR RUFF! ARRR ARRR RUFF!”

The little puppy keep barking to Junhyungie.

Hyungnim-ah! Sit!”

“Junhyung-ah let him be with Gikwang-ssi. Hyungnim likes him.”

“Mwo?? YAh! Are you nuts Sunggyu-ah! He...”

While now Junhyungie argues with Sunggyu-ssi, I try to get closer to the puppy and it immediately turns to my direction after sensing that I’m behind it.

“H-hyungnimie?”

I said as I reach one of my hands towards the puppy.

The puppy just stares at me for a couple of seconds before he sniffs my hand and nudges his head on my outreach hand.

“Hello Hyungnimie. I’m Kwangie~”

 


 

Junhyung’s POV

“...What just happened?”

I questioned Sunggyu at the unbelievable sight.

Hyungnim didn’t bite or barks at Gikwang, instead he lets him pet him as the puppy lay down on Gikwang’s lap.

“I told you. Hyungnim likes Gikwang-ssi. And you didn’t believe me-”

“Here.”

I toss him my credit card, leaving him grumbling while I approach Gikwang and Hyungnim.

When I pet Hyungnim’s back, the puppy stands and bites me.

Ouch! Hyungnim! I know biting means you care but don’t bite me so often!”

“Hyungnimie likes to bite people?”

“Yea, he does that a lot.”

“Is that why you bites my shirt Hyungnimie?”

Gikwang said as he pets Hyungnim more.

Yup I’m right, he really does like Gikwang-ssi. Here Junhyung-ah.”

Sunggyu gives me back my card and motions me to follow him to get Hyungnim’s carrier.

“Thanks. Kwangie, can you carry him? I’m going to get his carrier.”

“Okay.”

I follow Sunggyu and grab the carrier before going out with Gikwang and Hyungnim.

Bye Hyungnim, Junhyung-ah! Come again soon~ Hope to see you too Gikwang-ssi!”

Bye.”

“RUFF!”

Bye-bye Sunggyu-ssi!”

We bid our farewell and goes inside the car only to be greeted by a screeching maknae, with his cat ears and tail pops out.

“H-HYUNGNIM! W-WHY IS HE-”

“ARR RUFF! ARR RUFF!!”

“AHH!!”

“MAKNAE, Scratch my car and I’ll skin you off!”

I reprimand him while entering the car and pass him the carrier.

“You’re such a scaredy cat-”

“I'M A CAT HYBRID HYUNG!”

The maknae keeps yelling and uses his whole body to get away from Hyungnim(which currently don’t mind what the maknae's doing as he's currently enjoying Gikwang’s loving petting).

“Dongwoonie, Hyungnimie is really nice.”

Gikwang said while smiling brightly and keeps on happily petting the puppy, who’s currently glaring daggers at the maknae.

Gikwangie-hyung! Don't be fooled!! T-THAT DEVIL IS FAR FROM N.I.C.E!!”

RAWFF!”

Hyungnim stands on his four legs and lets out a vicious bark but doesn’t move an inch.

SEE!”

Gikwang just laughs it off and continue his petting, which Hyungnim really enjoys and he lays back down, quickly forgetting about the maknae.

Shut up Dongwoon-ah. Just stay on the back and Hyungnim won’t hurt you. He’s already forgetting that you’re even here already, look. Anyway, we’re getting late here. Buckle up everyone!”

I said, starting the engine and drives towards my apartment with the fastest speed.