Chapter 19 : Brother...what have you done?

My Hybrid Lover

Junhyung's POV

'I can't believe it...' I thought while looking at Gikwang. I was too surprised to reply to him and when I saw his tears, I knew that he had interpreted my lack of reaction completely the wrong way round.

And when I was about to tell him it's the exact opposite from what he thought, he suddenly sprinted and ran away from my hold and headed towards the van.

That's when I realized that it was his strategy to get me off guard and it worked, it worked really well.

"Kwangie!" I yelled to him as I tried to stand and chase after him.

A loud bang echoed through the air as Lee Joon's gun went off and I fell back to the ground, screaming in pain as he shot my other leg.

"I told you to stay still, don't I?" He grinned devilishly and laughed creepily, saying that he loves to see my blood spattered all over the floor.

"Junghyungie!" Gikwang shouted as he started to come towards me, but Lee Joon blocked him by standing in front of him when he was halfway through .

"Wrong way Gikwang-ah~ Now, now...be a good boy and go wait in the van."

"No, no! Junhyungie's hurt! You shot him! You said that you wouldn't hurt anyone again! Let me go! LET ME-""

Gikwang's word were cut off as Lee Joon used a syringe to inject a liquid into his left arm, making him unconscious within mere seconds, before lifting Gikwang's limp body to his shoulder and planning to leave.

"Phew~ Glad I've come prepared! He almost used it again-"

"Kwangie! You bastard! What did you do to him!" I yelled angrily and tried to hit him but as he predicted, I couldn’t even reach him as I fell back due to the agony I felt because of my wounds.

"Just some very strong sleeping drug. And you can't even stop me, huh? You can't even stand! Don't ever think to upset me Jun, I can kill you with just one shot right here, right now." He said smirking triumphantly before turning to his right hand man and passing Gikwang to him.

"Sir, we've received news that your brother is on his way here and they have secured the victims."

"Mwo?! Both of them?!"

"Yes sir..."

Then I watched as Lee Joon stomped the grass furiously while cursing profusely.

"Bring the specimen in! Leave the other hybrid be, he's meaningless to me, I don't need him."

"But he might spill-"

"Just do as I say." He said with a dark tone as he ordered his right hand assistant. The latter quickly did as he said and brought Gikwang into the car.

My heart hurts every time someone addressed Gikwang as a specimen or as something other than a person.

"He's got his own rights goddammit! Don't treat him like a thing! You don't own him-"

"Shut up!! Stop telling me what to do with my specimen, He's mine! Mine, Mine! You don’t get to say anything about it!" He demanded furiously before his mood suddenly changed completely as he’s grinning widely now.

“I’d like to say I’m pleased to meet you but I can’t and I know you won’t either, so bye now~ Gotta leave before Dujunie comes, Ta-ta~” He chuckled happily as he skipped to the van.

I tried to use my legs but they won’t budge and just gave me more pain.

I lie down and used both of my hands to crawl but knowing the distance, I know I won’t make it.

“Give him back! Give Kwangie back!” I shouted at Lee Joon who’s now almost going into his private car, located near the van.

I shouldn’t be surprised when the only answer I got from him was a smirk of victory before both of the vehicle were gone like the wind.

 


 

Dujun’s POV

So after gawking at our discovery of Junhyung’s brother that was held captive there, Yoseobie went to find a car key we could use while I carry Jihoon-hyung on my back and place him on another couch near Hyunseung.

Then I went to search the passed out masked man in the room and rummaged him for any keys, unfortunately there’s none but I did find a phone.

‘We could find the mastermind using this!’

‘Great work Dujun-ah~’ I thought, praising myself as I searched through the call logs when suddenly the phone rings, the caller id showing ‘Boss’.

‘Bingo!’

I answered the call, maybe I could pretend to be the masked man and get some great information.

“Hello boss?”

‘Okay...that’s a bit awkward, facepalm.’

“Boss’ busy right now. Josh’s speaking, how’s the situation there Daesung-ssi?”

‘Oh, so the masked man’s name is Daesung-ssi.’ I thought as I returned my attention back to the phone and explained a fake situation to the Josh guy.

“Everything’s going well here sir, the captives are all still unconscious and the enemies were successfully taken down.”

“What?! Were they hurt? Was Yoon Dujun hurt?”

‘What? Why is he concerned about us getting hurt or not?’

‘And why did he asked for my condition?’

‘Something’s not right here…’

“Yoon Dujun, sir?”

I tried to feign ignorance, maybe he might spill something.

“Aish! Did you forgot what we discussed about Daesung-ssi?”

“Uh...I guess so, I’m sorry haha. I’m such a forgetful person.”

‘Come on! Spill it already!’

And...finally he did, but what he revealed was something I didn’t ever want to hear…

“Repeat this again and you’ll lose your job! Yoon Dujun, he’s the boss’ brother-”

‘What…’

I was so surprised that I let the phone slide through my fingers and it fell to the ground.

“Hello? Yah! Daesung-ssi! Dae-”

I don’t know what came over me but before I knew it, I was stepping and crushing the phone to pieces.

“Doo-doo?!”

I turned to see Yoseobie’s surprised expression as he came opening the door, both of his hybrid ears were on alert mode.

Immediately I latched myself to him, hugging him tightly to my chest.

“Dujunie...what happened?”

Yoseobie said in a gentle tone while returning my embrace and rubs my back comfortingly.

He’s the only one that could calm me, nobody else.

Somehow whenever I’m with him I found peace, I always have…

“I-I found out who…”

“...The one behind this?”

“Yes. He’s my brother.”

 


 

Yoseob’s POV

After Doo-doo said the identity of the crazy man behind all this, I was shocked and awfully mad but after seeing his dazed expression, I knew to keep all my anger down and didn’t speak a word about it. The silence hung in the air.

But, what surprised me the most was that Doo-doo went to carry Jihoon-hyung on his back while asking me,

“Did you get the keys Seobie?”

“H-Huh? Oh, yup. Right here.” I handed him the car keys that I just stole from one of the guards that was out cold.

“Great work Seobie~” Doo-doo said lovingly as he smiled and ruffled my hair.

Though no use in deceiving me, I know that deep down he’s still depressed and felt betrayed but also know that I shouldn’t pry him, at least not now…

“Yah Dujunie! You messed up my hair!”

I faked a pout which brought laughter to him and I mentally fist bump with myself.

‘Nice move Seob-ah!’

“Hahaha~ You’re just too cute Seobie-ah! I-”

“Ugh…”

The mask man moaned as he started to gain consciousness and of course I wouldn’t let him, so I went to knock him out again before taking Seungie on my back and carrying him.

“Let’s go Doo-doo! We can’t fight them all when we’re carrying Jihoon-hyung and Seungie.”

Doo-doo nodded before we went out to the car and he drove us in a terrifying speed to our house, hopefully we’ll make it in time…

 


 

When we finally arrived, I screamed.

Yeah, I literally screamed the loudest scream I’ve ever let out as I witnessed the scene in front of me.

Our Maknae lying unconscious on the ground with Junhyung passed out near him but he’s covered in blood, like real blood.

I ran out of the car with Doo-doo following behind and he takes a look at Jun while I went to Dongwoonie.

After feeling his pulse and found that it’s stable, I let out a relieved sigh then I try to shake him awake.

“Dongwoonie! Can you hear me? Dongwoonie?!”

“...”

“Yah Son Dongwoon!”

“...ugh…my head…”

“Dongwoonie!!”

“...hyung...not so loud.” He said while holding his head with his right hand and the other to support himself as he went to a sitting position.

“Are you okay? What happened? What happen to Jun? And where’s Kiki??”

“Hyung...please slowly…”

“Oh right. Sorry Dongwoonie...”

“...I’m okay hyung. And I was knocked out because I was forced to inhale chloroform.”

“Who did that to you?! I’ll punch the lights of him-”

“It’s Lee Joon-hyung…” Dongwoonie replied as tears starts to form on his eyes.

“And he got Gikwang-hyung...I-I thought you might be back and I...I opened the door. And He came and took hyung away and I...I can’t even protect him. It’s all my fault! I’m so stupid, so useless! I-I…” He said as he kept sobbing and I embraced him tightly, poor boy must’ve been so terrified.

‘It’s not even his fault! So what if he made a mistake?!’

‘It’s not my sweet dongsaeng’s fault! It’s that man’s fault!’

“Shush...don’t blame yourself Dongwoonie. We’re all to blame at this so don’t take all the blame okay? Shush now…” I tried to reassure my sobbing dongsaeng and after a moment, he stopped crying and nods while giving me a small smile.

A piercing scream sounded off from behind us as we both turned to Doo-doo and Jun’s direction.

The scream came from Jun as he’s writhing in agony on the ground while Doo-doo held his left leg and examined it further, then his expression turned to horror.

“Seobie! Jun’s been shot! We got to remove the bullet fast!” Doo-doo said, his voice full of panic as he held Jun down by the shoulder.

I nodded before opening the door and Doo-doo dragged Jun to our operating room and starts to work on removing the bullet, with me helping all I can.

The only sound that can be heard in the room was Jun’s screams...