Chapter 16 : The Threat

My Hybrid Lover

Junhyung's POV

“Gikwang-ah.”

Dujun called after Gikwang had finished, he looks calm and a bit regretful so I doubt he wouldn't be speaking nonsense anytime soon.

"Yes Doo-hyung?"

"I...I'm sorry. I'm sorry...Gikwang-ah. I'm sorry...for hyung's..."

Dujun starts to apologize out of nowhere and tears starts rolling down from his eyes as he kneels down to the carpet which shocks all of us.

Yeah I do hate Dujun's hyung but I don't and never will hate Yoon Du.

Why you ask? He's Yoon Du, the most childish one of the group and no one could ever hate him. It’s the same like hating a child, which no sane person could ever do.

"E-eh? Don’t hyung! Doo-hyung, you're not wrong hyung. Please don't cry hyung...you're not-”

"I'm wrong Gikwang-ah! He's my hyung and I could have done something to prevent this! I-I…”

"Doo-doo..."

Yoseob bring some tissues and embraces Dujun to his arms,while the maknae runs to the kitchen to fetch water.

Yoon Du…”

I said, feeling a bit guilty for being angry at him before and sad seeing him in this situation.

Then out of the blue, Gikwang went down to Dujun’s side and holds both Dujun’s fist up hands.

“Doo-hyung…If it’ll make you feel better then…”

He said before inhaling a deep breath and exhaling it.

“I…I won’t habour any hatred your hyung anymore and...I'll...I'll try to forgive him.”

He said, smiling to Dujun and his statement shocked the three of us.

“But! Kwangie- He-”

“Junhyungie…I know what he had done to me was unforgivable...but, I’m willing to try, I’ll try for Doo-hyung. I will, slowly but surely, because he’s Doo-hyung’s beloved brother."

He smiles reassuringly, like he has planned this before.

‘Kwangie…why?’

‘Why are you willing to be so…forgiving?’

‘If it were me, I…I won’t be that kind.’

‘At least until I beat him up.’

“Are you sure Gikwang-ah? You’ll really…forgive his wrong doings?”

“Uh-huh, I never go back on my words! And it’s all in the past so I think it’s going to be okay.”

He said excitedly, positivity is beaming from him as he continues.

“I have you all, my family! Also Jihoon-appa always reminds me that it’s better to forgive than to hate. Hating people isn’t healthy, isn’t it?”

Gikwang answered cutely which resulting Dujun to jump and hug him.

‘Okay I’m jealous, very jealous to be honest but, I’ll let him off...for now. ‘

‘Let’s just say that it’s my apology for you Yoon Du.’

I chuckle to myself seeing the childish man hugging Gikwang and thanking him while a happy, yet a bit teary Yoseob and I watch from the side, the both of us are glad that everything works out well.

“Gikwang-ah! Let’s go to an amusement park! Hyung’ll take you there!”

“Eh? How did Doo-hyung kno-”

“I told him Kiki.”

Yoseob said and laughs at Gikwang’s wide-eyed-expression.

“We will go to the greatest one in here!”

“Yay!! But…Junhyungie will come too…with us?”

He look at me with wide sad, sad eyes of his(he’s a pro in making me do as he wants to now).

“I’m not sure he’ll go Gikwang-ah, Jun’s always complains about how he hates the heat, also hates the waits and-”

I place my hand to Yoon Du’s mouth, preventing him from talking.

“Hahaha, very funny Yoon Du. And of course I will Kwangie. It’s not fun without me right?”

“Yup!!”

Gikwang said smiling with his cute eye smile while Yoseob keeps laughing at Dujun trying to escape my clutch.

Then all of the sudden…we heard the sound of glass breaking from the kitchen.

‘Dongwoon!!’

We all shift our attention to the kitchen and go to check on Dongwoon.

The maknae is standing there, clutching his phone while trembling uncontrollably.

Face as white as a sheet, distress and fear can be seen through his teary, worried eyes.

“Dongwoonie?!”

“Dongwoon-ah?!”

“Maknae, what’s wrong?!”

We all say simultaneously and the maknae shows us his phone which contains a photo of Hyunseung being tied up, unconscious.

“S-seungie...my S-seungie-hyung…He-he’s in trouble…”

He sobs and falls down to his knees, then starts to breathe irregularly, signalling he’s in a panic attack.

Yoseob and Gikwang went to his side and try their best to calm him Dujun quickly sweeps and cleans the glass pieces and remnants, to avoid any sorts of accident before he also goes to check on Dongwoon.

I took the phone from the floor and went to the other room to examine the phone and see the message sent there and the message...it’s clearly a threat.

+08xxxxxxxxx (Unknown)

Bring the rabbit hybrid to X abandoned Warehouse on Z Street before the sun sets or this man will pay the price.

 

 

The text message said and I immediately throw the phone to the sofa.

“DAMN! SON OF A !”

I cursed.

‘This person must be crazy if he try to mess with us.’

‘I know it’s not a prank either. This photo is clearly Hyunseung.’

‘Damn! How can he let his guard down.’

‘And what do kidnappers want with Gikwang?’

‘How does he know Gikwang? And that he’s with us?’

‘And why did they ask for his specifically?’

‘Don’t kidnappers usually ask for a ransom or something?’

‘Unless…’

‘That…’

‘It’s not a real kidnapper!!!’

‘Then who?’

‘Think Junhyung think!’

‘Who’s the one who want to have Gikwang in their hands the most?’

‘Who would be crazy enough to devise this plan.’

‘Who-’

‘!!!’

‘Can it be...’

‘Aish, it’s not the time for this.’

‘Just focus on the rescue mission Yong Junhyung!’

‘Focus! Focus!’

‘Got to start thinking of a plan right now!’

‘Damn it!’

I go back into the room and drag Dujun outside, although I did say that he’s the childish one in our group, he’s also my partner in crime whenever we need to devise a plan.

Truthfully, it’s not the first for us to go on a rescue mission and fortunately we learnt our lesson to be well equipped, so last summer, Yoon Du and I bought several weapons, including firearms, in case of emergency.

So meanwhile Yoseob and Gikwang take care of the maknae, Dujun and I start packing for weapons and constructing a plan too while on it.

 


 

Yoseob’s POV

Dujunie and Jun came back after a few minute of disappearance and they brought a huge suitcase with them.

“Now guys, gather up! We only have 2 and a half hours ‘til the deadline, Let’s start planning!”

Dujunie declared and somehow we used up to 10 or more minutes planning on the ‘rescue mission’ and now we just got to divide the groups.

“So we’re going to divide into 2 groups, consisting of 3 from the rescue group and 2 for safe group. The ones who’ll go are me and we’re going to need a hybrid as a decoy to trick them and Seobie will go. Also the Jun, you’ll come with us. As for you Dongwoon-ah, you’ll stay with Gikwang and keep him safe.“

“I can’t come hyung? But…I want to rescue Seungie-hyung… ”

Dongwoonie said with pleading eyes to us.

“Sorry but no Dongwoon-ah, we need you to protect Gikwang since he’s the main target. I swear we’ll get him back Dongwoon-ah, trust me.”

Dujunie said but Dongwoonie gave him a couple of unsure looks and then he look at Kiki.

He sighs in defeat and agrees to it, somehow I think he would like to complaint more but he doesn’t want to waste any seconds, so he quietly agree to it.

“…sorry Dongwoonie…I…”

Kiki said as he tugs on the maknae’s shirt, looking sad with both of his ears down.

I’ve been told that rabbits are able to sense people’s emotion for their sensitivity to the emotions and I guess that works to for Kiki.

“…Gikwang-hyung…”

Dongwoon turns to face him and although he’s deeply miserable on the inside, he didn’t show it on the outside.

“I…I-If not for me…you could go…I’m sorry Dongwoonie.”

“…Aigoo hyung!”

The maknae said as he hugs Kiki and turns him around and around.

Then they seem to say something to each other but Dujunie drags me with him and Jun to the other room.

Though I must say, I do have claws that I can use Dujunie.

 


 

Dongwoon’s POV

The Hyung-deul has packed and now both Gikwang-hyung and I are saying farewell to them for leaving to rescue Seungie-hyung.

“Be sure to kick their asses for me hyung.”

I said to Yoseob-hyung who laughs and hug me before nagging at Junhyung-hyung to hurry up.

Speaking of Junhyung-hyung, when I was talking with Yoseob-hyung, that hyung has been talking with Gikwang-hyung and now he’s hugging Gikwang-hyung tightly, like the latter is going to disappear if he let him go.

I swear there’s something going on with the both of them, but I don’t know…don’t they both have family ties?

Anyway Yoseob-hyung keeps on nagging and he, himself went to separate them. I don’t know for how long he tried before the Junhyung-hyung reluctantly let go and he bid farewell to me.

Protect him Woon.

He whispered slightly when he passes me before going with a mad Yoseob-hyung and the two starts to bicker on their way to the car.

That left Dujun-hyung who currently went upstairs to grab something he has forgotten.

‘Aigoo that hyung…’

Then finally Dujun-hyung comes down but he dashes past us towards the door.

“We’ll be back with Hyunseung before you know it. Keep him safe Maknae!”

“Of course hyung, that’s my mission right?”

Dujun-hyung looked at me with a meaningful look before laughing as he pats my shoulder.

“And Gikwang-ah, don’t worry. It’s not your fault, so stop looking like that okay? Give hyung a smile before I go hmm? That big, toothy smile of yours!”

Dujun-hyung said and Gikwang-hyung did as he’s told to, beaming his sunshine smiles as Dujun-hyung waves goodbye.

When the car starts leaving the driveway and goes into the road, I close the door and lock it before going to the living room with Gikwang-hyung.

We both props ourselves down to the sofa and Gikwang-hyung starts to ask me worriedly,

“They’ll be alright, right Dongwoonie?”

“Ne hyung.”

“…And Hyunseung-hyung, wouldn’t get hurt right? They’ll get him back?”

“I hope so hyung. Do you want some tea hyung?”

Gikwang-hyung nods and I’m on my way to the kitchen to grab us some tea, to my surprise, he tugs on my pants and I turn to see what’ wrong.

Gikwang-hyung’s expression looks like he’s in pain and of course I’m shocked and extremely worried for him.

“Hyung?! Are you hurting somewhere? Where is it-“

“…s-sorry Dongwoonie, I…I’m sorry…”

Gikwang-hyung said, as he looks like he’s about to burst into tears any second.

“Hyungie…I said that it’s alright~ I’m not mad at you, why would I be mad at my adorably, innocent hyung? If I’m mad, I would be mad at those bad guys! They kidnapped Seungie-hyung and more ever they want to do malicious things to you. I would never let them do that hyung.”

I said, try to convince my sad hyung.

“And Seungie-hyung would be mad if I leave you alone to go rescue him! He might punch me for that!”

“You really think so?”

“Uh-huh, absolutely hyung~”

I give him my best Woon smile that Seungie-hyung always praise me for and if that doesn’t do it, I don’t know what will.

“…Thank you Dongwoonie. You’re the one who needed to be cheered up but instead you cheered me up. How come you’re so strong Dongwoon-ah?”

“Hmm~ I have no idea hyung. Though if you said that to the ‘me’ from two years ago, I would be laughing my head off now.”

“Eh? Wae?”

“Because the ‘me’ now is the complete opposite of the past ‘me’. Oh! Should I tell you about how I met Seungie-hyung and the other hyung-deul?”

“Ne!”

He said, with shining eyes that keeps on blinking and of course no one could resist that.

‘Gikwang-hyung is really too cute to be a hyung!’

‘Or am I really look really old?’

“Okay then if hyung insist.”

I said, at least by doing this I can stop thinking about Seungie-hyung and what might happen.

I don’t want to go on a panic attack again, not in front of Gikwang-hyung and making him worry over me.

So…the first time hyung…”