Chapter 10 : Junhyung's Office

My Hybrid Lover

Nobody’s POV

“Josh, any news on him? I’m bored.”

“It’s only been a day boss…”

“WHAT?!”

“No, nothing boss. There’s no particular thing that happen and we don’t see any possible chance in capturing the target.”

“Oh really? Does my brother stays in the house all day?! Huh?!”

“He did go out-”

“THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU MADE YOUR MOVE!”

“...we got a new problem boss.”

“WHAT IS IT?! Reasons~ Reasons~ THAT'S ALL YOU EVER GIVEN ME!! Can’t you just BRING HIM-”

“It’s Yong Junhyung boss…”

“What?! Isn’t he suppose to be in America?! Hah! I can't believe this! Lee Gikwang you’re really lucky. First my brother and my colleague next? Haha-ahaha. You're driving me crazy, Gikwang-ah...”

“Boss…”

“...Josh, is it best to retrieve the target immediately or not?”

“...honestly...”

“Honestly what?!”

“...honestly, no boss.”

“And why is that?”

“...A famous saying quoted that 'Good things come to those wh-”

“Okay, okay I got it. Sure then, we’ll wait.”

“Wise choice boss.”

“I am a wise person, Josh.”

 


 

Yoseob’s POV

“Mworago?! Yah are you crazy Yong Junhyung!”

“No.”

“Aish, Doo-doo~ talk some sense to him!”

“Hmm? I think that’s the only choice we have Seobie. We can’t leave Gikwang alone here you know.”

“H-he won’t be alone! I’ll be here with him!”

“Seobie…”

‘I know Dujunie, I know that I’m alone isn’t enough! Even if I took boxing classes! But don’t give me that look!’

“But! You’re only going for a few hours and I can manage during that!”

“Seobie...I don’t know how long I’ll be leaving for the research and although It’s risky but it’s the only choice of keeping him safe.”

“I’ll take care of him Yoseob-”

“Just be happy that I didn’t skin you alive this morning Yong Junhyung-ssi! There isn’t really any other options?”

“I think no Seobie.”

Dujunie said with a weak smile and I know it bothered him as well but if he didn’t research more, we’ll be in more danger…

I turn to look at Kiki playing with his doll at the couch, oblivious to our discussion.

‘He’s so innocent and pure, I wonder why he could get into all this trouble.’

‘Don’t worry Kiki, Seobie-hyung is here for you now!’

I sighs and I resolved myself to accept that having Jun to guard him is the best.

“Okay...You’re right Doo-doo. But!”

I said as I raised index finger.

“On one condition! I’ll follow wherever you and Kiki go, Yong Junhyung-ssi. I’m not letting him out of my sight, Do you understand!”

“E-eh? Aren’t you coming with Yoon Du, Yoseob-ah?”

“It’s okay.”

Dujunie said, giving me his approval.

“Seobie’ll be bored anyway if he come. At least he’ll have fun with you guys.”

“Thank you Doo-doo~ I love you!”

“I love you too Seobie-ah.”

“Yah, don’t ignore me! How am I supposed to guard two people at once?!”

“Aigoo~ I’m not so weak Junhyung-ssi! I can take care of myself, Hmph!”

“Yah, Yoon Du!”

“Seobie’s been boxing these days, I don’t see any reasons why he shouldn’t tag along.”

“Fine! But take care of yourself.”

Junhyung rolled his eyes in exasperation.

“Yay! Kiki, Kiki we’ll go out today!”

I said as I run to my dongsaeng and his eyes sparkle at my statement.

“Really Yoseobie? Really, really?”

“Uh-huh. Junhyung will take us on a trip! We’ll visit his boring office first though. But! We’ll go shopping later!”

I said and he smiles a toothy smile with his adorable eyes smiling too.

“Yay, but Seobie isn’t Doo-hyung going as well?”

“Dujunie? He have an important business Kiki so he can’t come.”

“Poor Doo-hyung…”

“It’s okay Gikwang-ah, I promise we’ll go together next time okay. Just name the place and we’ll go!”

Dujunie said as he back hugged me and giving a bright smile at Kiki.

“Anyway gotta go, goodbye Seobie, Gikwangie.”

He said as he pecks my cheek and grab his bag before going to the door.

“We should go too now, Yoseob-ah, Kwangie.”

“Okay Junhyu-”

“Wait! You can’t go like that Kiki!”

“What is it Yoseob-ah?”

“Yong Junhyung-ssi, I wonder how you could be a CEO with that intelligence of yours. It’s his ears you idiot!”

I said and he immediately facepalmed himself, serves him right.

“...? What’s wrong with them Yoseobie?”

Kiki asked looking puzzled while holding both of his cute bunny ears.

“We should hide them Kiki. If we go out with our current appearance, you’ll be in a great danger. We should be safe than sorry Kiki.”

“...If you said so Yoseobie. But, I don’t know how to hide them though?”

“Your father didn’t teach you?”

“Umm, no...and he always say ‘live freely Gikwang-ah’ to me...”

‘Oh that’s right, they lived in secluded place…’

“It’s okay Kiki, I’ll teach you! It’s easy peasy, you only need to close your eyes and imagine them to be normal human ears. And then slowly imagine your tail disappearing.”

“I-I don’t want them to disappear though Yoseobie…”

“You’ll do the opposite when you want them back Kiki, it’s perfectly safe, I do it all the time. Trust me Kiki.”

"...okay. I trust you Yoseobie.”

He said before closing his eyes in full concentration.

“H-here goes.”

And slowly his hybrid side disappears from sight and he open his eyes.

“You did it Kiki! Let’s go!”

I said and drag him to the car with Jun’s car key in my grasp.

Yah! Wait for me!”

Junhyung said before chasing us.

 


 

At Junhyung's Office

"Aigoo~ so this is your office Jun."

I said as I look around the room.

"It's so depressing! Try change the interior with more 'fighting' vibe."

"Hyunseung won't let me though..."

"Seungie? Ah~ I'll talk some sense to him next time."

"Haha thanks, take a sit then Yoseob-ah, Kwangie."

Both Kiki and I do as told and make ourself comfortable at the sofa.

"Don't you have any drinks or snacks?"

"Hmm? Wait a minute, ...beep...beep...Yah! Where are you?...Ah you met the traffics...Ok, just bring some food and beverages from the cafetaria to my office on your way okay? I have two guest...Ne, hurry up...beep...She'll be here soon okay guys."

"Whose that Jun-ah?"

I asked to the non-stop typing man.

"Hmm? Oh it's Hyuna?"

"Hyuna? That Hyuna?"

"Hyuna-ssi?"

Kiki asked and tilts his head to my way.

"Oh right, Kiki-ah, Hyuna is-"

"Oppa! Yah, don't ask me to carry thes-Omo! Seobie-oppa you came?! Why didn't you tell me- OMO!! Who is this cutie?! But he's so young...Oppa don't tell me you have an illegima-"

"No Hyuna-ah, don't think weird stuff! Do you want to get scolded?!"

"Ani yo~ Anyway he's so adorable! My adorable dongsaengie~"

"Pfffffffft!!"

Both Jun and I laugh at Hyuna's words while the latter discarded her things, just throw them at the nearby vacant sofa and went to pinch Kiki's cheeks.

"Omo~ Omo~ Your skin is as smooth~ as a baby! Let's go home with noona later, okay? Can I take him home with me?"

She said and continue to hug Kiki.

"No!"

Again, both Jun and I shouted in unison, for once Junhyung look away from his computer and facing us.

"Not even for one day?? Pleasee oppa-deul~"

Hyuna even used her infamous aegyos.

"Ehem! No Hyuna-ah, with or without your aegyo! Anyway, you're being rude to him. Meet Gikwangie, He's the same age as Yoseob, which makes him your 'oppa' and he's a hybrid."

The reason why Junhyung can comfortable reveal Kiki's identity because Hyuna is a dear friend of ours that isn't like other judging people and she's nice to our kind and like us for who we are.

She's more than nice though and she love hybrids way too much, so she tends to overreacted, also she is really curious about us in any way possible but in a good way...and she's really a great person overall.

"Omo!! Really?! Aish~ sorry Gikwangie-oppa! Why are the hybrids around me are baby faced- Ah! That's right, at least Dongwoonie-oppa isn't, what a relief!"

She said as she sighs in relief before she took the forgotten tray from the sofa and place them on the coffee table.

"So tell me more! Gikwang-oppa, what kind of hybrid are you?"

"E-eh, umm..."

"Hyuna-ah, you promised to not tell anyone?"

"Eh? You doubt me Seobie-oppa? That's mean!"

"He's not mean Hyuna-ah, it's just...Kwangie's different tha-"

"Omona! Seobie-oppa d-did Junhyung-oppa really say that."

"Ah~ It's shocking isn't it? And what's more he also lets Kiki here to call him 'Junhyungi-"

"EH?! He said that if I ever call him that, he will cuts my paycheck and won't give me my bonus!"

"Yah! Since whe-"

"You did! Anyway shut up oppa! It's rude not to introduce us you know! And what did you want me to promised?"

"Aish, that's why don't cut off when I'm speaking. And Kwangie-ah, you can tell her, she's trustworthy even if she looked like tha-"

"What's wrong with my look oppa?!"

"Yah don't cut me off! Anyway go introduce yourself first Hyuna-ah!"

"Ah, how rude of me! Nice to meet you Kwang-"

"Don't call him that! That name is off limits!"

"You can't order me oppa!"

"Ehem! Paycheck Hyuna-"

"Arraseo meanie Jun-oppa! Huft! Forget it! Nice to meet you Gikwangie-oppa. I'm Kim Hyuna and Junhyung-oppa's secretary."

"Umm, nice to meet you too Hyuna-ssi. I'm Lee Gikwang and...I'm a Rabbit hybrid."

Then come the shocked look that we've been anticipated.

Hyuna gapes wide, with her eyes looked like it might popped out when Kiki showed his hybrid side for awhile before hiding it back.

"E-eh? But according to my hybrid book-"

"Hybrid book?"

"Yup Seobie-oppa, it's like my journal for hybrids and- Anyway! How did you find him??"

"Actually I'm the one who found Kiki Hyuna-ah. And he's my dongsaengie!"

I said with lots of pride.

Hyuna turned to me and hold her journal in her hand with sparkling eyes.

"Oppa! Tell me!"

"Hyuna-ah, for Kwangie's safety, please keep it a secret. Don't write anything on that book of yours!"

"Arraseo!"

She said and slammed her journal back into her bag.

"Now tell me?"

"Just keep it a secret Hyuna-ah."

"Ne, pinky promise, arraseo yo oppa! Tell me! Tell me!"

"So it started..."

 


 

Junhyung's POV

So Yoseob safe me all the trouble from explaining it to Hyuna and I can go back to what I've been working on.

I take a peek for a second to see how Gikwang's doing and it seems he find the animate way of Yoseob's explanation to be interesting.

So feeling relieved, I turn my focus back to the work at hand.

Type...Type...Type…Type…Type...

3 hours and 30 minutes later

“Save it...and forward this one...Send it to here...And...I'm DONE!!”

I yelled and starts happy dancing, only to be shouted by no other than Hyuna.

"OPPA! Can't you see we're talking here?! Keep it down!"

Hyuna complained for a second and she's back to chatting mode.

'Aish that chatty no good assistant of mine!'

"Yah Kim Hyuna! I didn't hire you to talk all day! Have you worked on the China's item and arranged the proposal for the new product?!"

"Umm...Hehehehe, Omo oppa your hairstyle is so cool today~"

"Don't start to sweet talked me Hyuna-ah! And this hairstyle is a horror I got from Yoseob there. Anyway START WORKING!! Or I'll-"

"Arraseoo oppa! Don't start nagging!! Ugh, I hate it when you threaten to nag."

I smirked proudly at her leaving back and turn my attention to the other occupants.

"WHAT?!"

"Yah Jun what-"

"WHERE'S KWANGIE?!"

"Oh...OMO! WHERE'S MY DONGSAENG?!"

"YAH! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WATCH HIM!!"

When Yoseob about to retort, Hyuna come bursting to the room with a scowl.

"YAH!! OPPA-DEUL! STOP YELLING! I CAN'T WORK! WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?!"

"Kiki/Kwangie's gone!"

"Gikwang-oppa?"

"YES!"

"He went to the restroom. Stop being so noisy and just go find him."

"Thanks Hyuna. Hey! Stop copying me!"

"Aigoo, you guys are hopeless~ da-da."

She said before slamming the door.

Both Yoseob and I rush out through the other door, making our way to find Gikwang.

After checking almost 8 restrooms (in Junhyung's case)...

"Which restroom did he use?! I've searched all the restroom in 4 floors!"

I decided to call Yoseob, hoping he had better luck than me but he said that he also didn't found him.

After wandering to two and three more toilet, I found my phone ringing.

I check the caller ID and found 'Maknae' calling me.

'Dongwoonie? Why's he calling me? Isn't he supposed to be on a plane or something?'

I thought for awhile before picking it up.

"Dongwoon-"

"Yah Hyung! How could you let Gikwangie-hyung wandering alone at the 22th floor?!"

"Don't yell at me! I've been wor- Did you said you- Kwangie?!"

"Yes hyung! Just come to my office with Yoseobie-hyung! Ppali hyung!"

He said before ending the call.

'Aish that maknae! But at least he found Kwangie. Better call Yoseob!'

 


 

Junhyung's POV

Dongwoon & Hyunseung's office 

"Kiki/Kwangie!"

Both Yoseob and I shouted as we burst into the office.

"Junhyungie!! Yoseobie!!"

Gikwang said as he run towards us and capture us in a hug.

"Kiki you scared me! Thank heaven you're safe! Mianhae..."

"No! I'm the wrong one, I got lost...Sorry Yoseobie for making you worri-"

"Don't be sorry Gikwang-hyung! Hyung-deul should be more cautious! What if one of the bad ahjussi-"

"Dongwoon-ah, that's enough tantruming. We're sorry and also very grateful you found him."

"Ne, me too Dongwoonie. But, why are you here though?"

"Hyunseung-hyung said that I should just help hyung-deul."

"Eh? But didn't Hyunseungie never let you off from his side?"

"Hehe~ Seungie-hyung trusted me to be with Gikwang-hyung, so that he won't get in trouble. Thank goodness he did right? Anyway I absolutely hate riding on a plane! My ears are always hurting, a lot. Oh and Yoseobie-hyung, I'll be staying at your house until tomorrow."

"E-eh?!"

"I'll be sleeping with Gikwang-hyung!"

"Maknae! I'm sleeping there-"

"Actually...Sure, great Dongwoon-ah you can stay there!"

"Wher-"

"You, will be sleeping on the couch or the floor Yong Junhyung-ssi! The new workout of punching you is still available if you try to deny me..."

Yoseob said with a malicious aura radiating behind him and I have no choice but to agree with him.

"Now that it's settled and you have finished work Yong Junhyung-ssi. Take Kiki and I to the department storee!!"

He said back to being his energetic self as he and Gikwang walks out of the office.

"After I do some checkings downstairs and I'll take you guys."

I said as I follow them out.

"Yayyy! I'm going to pick Kiki's outfits!"

"Yah, let him pick on his own!"

"Hyung-deul, wait for me!!"