Chapter 18 : Sacrifice

My Hybrid Lover

Dujun’s POV

Junhyung, Yoseobie and I walked towards the warehouse, Yoseobie readjusted his ‘fake ears’ and pulled his hood forward a bit.

As soon as we were close to the gates, all of the guards who were guarding the outside area came towards us. There were about 15 guards that were blocking our way and one of them, the bulkiest one, strode out from the group to confront us.

“State your business.” He said, with a flat tone, yet showed a surly expression before he saw Yoseobie and he seemed to be shocked for a sec before retaining his previous expression.

“We’ve come to fulfill the deal. But before that, where’s Mr Jang?” I said, with the best poker face I could conjure up.

“He’s inside. We’ll confirm the hybrid first.”

The bulky man replied, he stepped forward and closer, reaching for Yoseobie’s hood.

I calmly turned to meet Jun’s eyes, signalling him to prepare himself as the bulky man pushed back Yoseobie’s hood, revealing him smirking mischievously and he kneed him hard in the groin causing him to fell to the ground, screaming in pain.

‘Ouch! That must’ve hurt...a lot!! Dear me, remember not to upset Seobie in the future!’

I mentally took note of that before proceeding to kick the other guards who were all charging towards us.

I briefly turned to see Yoseobie and Jun both had their hands full, and I’m a bit surprised at how Jun could handle his opponent that well, though I’m thankful to Yoseobie for being next to him, helping him. I truly am baffled to see that that lover of mine really did know how to put up a fight,  KO-ing any opponent coming his way with his powerful and swift punches.

I wanted to take a break and marvelled at my lovers’ agile moves, not missing the way he delivered those steady streams of punches directly to his foes, but unfortunately I’ve got my own share of angry foes to deal with.

So there I go, doing my best and I’m extremely grateful for the taekwondo lessons I got from Jihoon-hyung.

After taking all the opponents down, even the bulky man, we ran towards the steel door and opened it, five men abruptly leaped from their sitting spots and pointed their guns at us menacingly.

“Move and we’ll shoot!” One of them shouted, threatening us with their fingers on the triggers, preparing to take the shot.

We held our hands up in surrender, acting like we’ve given up and when they lowered their guards, Yoseobie’s ears and tail popped out and he ran with his frightening hybrid speed to knock down a guard before moving on to the other one...and the other one...and finally the last one, missing any bullets heading towards him with his quick reflexes while Jun and I just stood there and waited for him.

“Phew~ That was fun! Yah! Don’t just stand there, let’s go.”He said as he ran ahead and opened another door leading to a corridor filled with rooms.

I facepalmed myself while grumbling, “Crap! Just how were we supposed to find him with all these rooms-”

“AAAAHHH!”

A familiar scream boomed from the end of the corridor and we ran directly towards the source of it.

The door to the screaming sounds was locked and I walked backwards, before jumping to knock it down and revealing Hyunseung tied up to a chair. He was screaming in pain as a man clad in white scrubs, wearing a surgical mask injected a syringe to his left arm.

Yosebie dashed to pin the man to the wall and locking one of his arms behind him, causing him to yell in pain while Jun removed the syringe carefully and I tried my best at keeping Hyunseung awake, apparently he’s been injected with a sleeping drug.

“Yah Seung! Are you okay?” I panickedly asked him.

“I should be asking you guys that! Why did you all come here? Where’s Kiki? Don’t tell me you left him with Woonie?! Aish, Go back right now! Go back, they predicted you might come here without him! They are heading there right now! Kiki and Woonie are in danger! Go!” Hyunseung yelled angrily and after hearing that, Jun immediately grabbed the car keys from my back pockets and dashed out of the building, not hearing any of my words.

I chased after him but I was too late as he started the car and drove away like a madman on the loose.

Gasping for breath, I ran inside and found that Yoseobie had knocked the man down and was now freeing Hyunseung from the ropes, the latter became more wobbly than before, the drug must’ve started taking effect.

“Yah Doo-doo! Where have you been, leaving us like that?! Where’s Jun?!”

“He’s gone with our car Seob-ah. We got to steal, I mean borrow one of these guys’ cars.”

I said, supporting Hyunseung and said man muttered something drowsily.

“...don’t go...just yet. I heard- There’s another...one...Ugh.”

Then he went right to slumber, the drug’s effects must be strong enough to put him to sleep so fast.

“What did he say Seobie? Another one?”

“There might be another hostage here, we got to free him too Dujunie!”

I nodded at him as he went to search while I lay a sleeping Hyunseung on the nearest couch, it was old and most of its springs had surfaced but fortunately the cushions haven’t.

After checking on the passed out man on the floor one last time, I went out and searched for my dear Yoseobie.

And when I opened one of the room, a pair of hands was placed on my shoulders, shocking me and I turned to see Yoseobie.

“Doo-doo! There you are! You wouldn’t believed what I’ve found!” He said as he dragged me with him to the most run-down door in the building and he opened it, revealing a man, his mouth was duct taped and he’s tied to a wooden chair, the man himself was unconscious.

“Wow, I can’t believe that you found him in such a short time Seob-ah!”

I clapped at Yoseobie’s amazing finding skills.

“Hehe, Thank you Doo-doo!” He kissed me on the cheek before he strode towards the body and undid the duct tape on the man’s mouth.

“Omo. He’s- He’s-”

Ji-Jihoon-hyung?!

 


 

Gikwang’s POV

“DONGWOONIE!”

I yelled at my dongsaeng who has completely lost his consciousness and his body sank to ground but was stopped and he hung limply as the bad men still supported him by holding both of his arms.

I tried to run towards him and forgot that Lee Joon was still in front of me and he blocked me from going to Dongwoon’s side.

“Where do you think you’re going specimen?” He asked coldly while frowning at me, displeased that I’ve ignored him for a moment.

“Dongwoonie-”

“Is nobody! I am the only one you should be focused on, Me! Me! You insolent-”

He shouted in fury and grabbed my neck with both of his hands, strangling me and I dropped Hyungnim while trying to escape from his hold. I was gasping for air.

“Hahahahaha! You deserved it! I gave you a little freedom and look how you’ve changed huh?! I’m going to break you all over again and you’ll never dare to- ! My leg!” He yelled in pain. I looked down and found Hyungnim biting his left leg as hard as he can and apparently he realized what Hyungnim was doing and tried to shake the dog off him.

“Let go, you stupid dog!” He released my neck and tried harder to shake Hyungnim off as I gasped for air.

I turned to Hyungnim’s direction immediately when he yelped in pain as he fell onto the floor, then I saw that Lee Joon came closer to where Hyungnim lay and raised his right foot.

I immediately rushed to Hyungnim, protecting him from the blow that was about to come and I yelled in pain when it finally came,  but I still held Hyungnim close to me as the little dog let out a soft whimpering sounds, it must’ve sensed my pain.

“Lee Gikwang, move away from that piece of !!” Lee Joon warned before he chuckled darkly and burst into a fit of crazy laughters.

“Ahahahaha! I got it now! You must have missed being hurt by me, didn’t you?! Don’t worry little bunny, I’ll give you tons of pain later ‘kay?” He said as he crouched down and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at his pair of eyes which were filled with madness.

“Sir, sorry to intrude you, but Yong Junhyung’s on his way here.”

One of the men said and immediately he cursed before he let go of me and stood to speak with his subordinates .

‘Junghyungie...please...’

‘Help me...it hurts...so much’

I cried quietly at the pain that grew more and more.

Hyungnim nudged my face and my tears gently, worried for me.

“Hyungnimie, please go...go and hide. They’ll hurt you if you stay with me. Please, hyung can’t protect you like this...go Hyungnimie.”

I assured him and reluctantly he my face as if saying goodbye before running to hide.

‘At least Hyungnimie will be safe…’

I thought with a small smile on my face which disappeared completely when I heard footsteps coming towards me.

“Sir, the dog’s gone.”

“I don’t care, it’s just a mutt and mutts can’t utter a word. Shut up and bring the hybrids into the car!”

“Yes sir.” The men replied and I felt someone raise both of my arms, lifting my body up and it doubled the pain.

I hissed softly at the pain and tried to struggle which caused the men to curse.

“Stop retaliating or I’ll-”

He stopped immediately as Lee Joon showed up right in front of him and glared daggers at the man.

“Do remember to refrain yourself from doing any harm to my specimen or this will the last day you live. No one and I mean no one can lay a hand on him, understood?!”

“Y-yes sir…”

“Good. Carry on then.” He said before leaving me with his men and I took my chances in struggling even more, not caring about the pain that kept on growing as I moved.

‘I’ve got to...escape...’

‘I’m going to help...Dongwoonie!’

I thought as I saw my dongsaeng being lifted into a black van and I struggled even more, attempting to escape but the men wouldn’t let me as they kept cursing at my actions.

I’m halfway to the van then all of the sudden a familiar car stopped right beside the van and Junghyungie came out of it, face filled with anger as he saw me being dragged by the men.

“Gikwang!!” He shouted as he ran towards me and out of nowhere a gun sounded and it grazed Junnie on his left leg.

“Junhyungie!”

I yelled as he fell to the ground, howling in pain as blood gushed out from the wound.

“Hello there Junhyung~” I turned to see Lee Joon holding a gun and spinning it with his fingers, smirking at his victim.

You! You bastard!” Junhyungie shouted furiously and he attempted to stand but failed and ended up falling again.

“Hahahahaha~ Call me what you want! You can’t even fight me, not in that condition! Try standing and I’ll shoot you again, this time it will be your head, wanna try me? Oh and I’ll be taking Gikwang with me, I suppose you won’t mind, will you? After all, you’re just his uncle and I’m his master, he’ll prefer me for sure-”

“I won’t!!” I shouted and Lee Joon turned to me and smiled wickedly.

“Aww, you’ve grown attached to him in just a few days? I’m hurt Gikwang-ah~ Doesn’t matter, you’ll grow to love me back. I’ll force you if I have to and now...should I get rid of your stupid uncle for you? I don’t want him to tell on me~” He said and walked towards Junhyungie while holding his gun.

‘Let me go!’

‘He’ll kill Junhyungie! Let me go!’

‘LET ME GO!’

I thought as something familiar snaps within me and I shouted as loud as I can as something have awaken within me.

“LET ME GO!”

I shouted at the guards in a tone I’ve never heard before and immediately they released me, like they’re possessed to do so.

I ran with every ounce of strength I still have to Junhyungie's side and I saw a glimpse of anger flash in Lee Joon’s eyes.

“Junhyungie!” I said, voice returned to normal as I hugged him.

“Kwangie! I’m glad you’re safe!” He said and held me closer to him, with him I felt safe and it’s all that I could ever wish for but our happy moment was disrupted.

“Ahahaha! Yes! Yes! I finally witnessed your power with my very own eyes!” Lee Joon’s crazy laughter rang through the air as he evilly smirked towards me.

“To think you’ve been lying to me this whole time Lee Gikwang. You do have it, don’t you?”

“What are you talking about, he doesn’t have anything like that!”

“Are you blind or were you always this stupid Junhyung? Can’t you see that my men were forced to release him? It’s his power, his gift. Now kindly hand him over to me.” He said as he tried to come closer, bringing his gun with him.

“Don’t come near me!”

I shouted, using that tone again while shutting my eyes and to my surprise when I opened them, Lee Joon was stopped in his tracks or should I say that he was blocked to go any farther and his face contorted into anger as he banged his fist into the air as if there’s an invisible wall there.

“How dare you use it on me! I’m your creator! I’m your master! Undo this invisible wall of yours now! Undo it!” He howled in anger and tried to get to our side and even used the gun to shoot at us but to no avail the bullets just got caught in the air and dropped down to the ground.

“Damn! You piece of ! Undo it!” He yelled in fury and kept shooting at us until he ran out of bullets.

“Fine! Just rot there then, see if I care- ...wait, Oh~”

His anger subdued as he realized something and is smirking creepily as he retreated to the car.

I thought it was over, I thought that he would finally be gone, but to my surprise he dragged my dongsaeng’s limp body and placed it near the invisible wall as he pointed his gun to the latter’s head.

“Ahahahaha~ Can you please undo it now? I can’t guarantee his safety if you don’t though~ Come on, trade yourself for your dongsaengie's life~"

"You sick psycho!! I won't hand Kwangie to you!"

"Ouch, that really hurts my heart Junhyung. I bet you're hurt to hear that too huh?" He said to Dongwoon's limp body and placed the gun's nozzle directly to Dongwoonie's chest where his heart resides.

"Your hyungs don't want you anymore...should I shoot you?"  He said as his finger moved dangerously to the trigger.

"No! No!"

I tried to use the tone but somehow I can't this time.

"Oh no~ you can't use it?? Then you better surrender already Gikwang-ah~ No use in sacrificing you dongsaeng's life for your freedom no?" He said and chuckled insanely as his finger went back to the trigger.

"I'm going to count now~ Three's for death, got it? One...Two...Th-"

"I surrender! I'll come with you! Just please...don't hurt him." I said, standing abruptly and he finally placed his gun back to his pocket and motioned me to come to him with his finger.

I walked sadly to him but was stopped by a sudden pull by Junhyungie which made me fall to his arms as he hugs me tightly and it hurts a bit because of my wound .

"Kwangie...don't go."

Junhyungie said weakly and the look he gave me, pained my heart but still I can't...I-I must save my dongsaeng, I'll go back to that hell if I have to.

"Junhyungie, please...I can't let Dongwoonie die...I'm sorry..."

"I won't let you! I won't!" He said as he kept me locked in his warm embrace.

"I'm getting sleepy, can you guys hurry it up now? I might change my mind and kill this person, you know~" Lee Joon said impatiently while spinning his gun again.

"Junhyungie...let go of me."

"No."

"Please..."

"No!"

"...I'm sorry." I hug him tightly and I whispered something I've always been wanting to tell him, tears kept rolling down my cheeks as I saw his shocked expression, which I expected...before I break free from his hold and run towards the car not looking back.