Chapter 2 : Nice to meet you

My Hybrid Lover

Gikwang's POV

I woke up and was panicking a little but calmed down as soon as I realized that I wasn’t seeing the familiar lab ceiling.

'At least I didn’t go back to that place…'

I tried to sit and remove my oxygen mask.

I found myself in a hospital gown? An IV connected to my arm and most surprisingly I’m holding a stranger’s hand, it’s warm and strangely it felt safe and... familiar?

Anyway, the said stranger is sleeping, resting his head on the empty side of the bed while he’s sitting on a chair.

I checked my surroundings, I found another stranger sleeping on a couch near the wall and he’s wearing a doctor’s coat, I hope he isn’t one of the bad guys…

Both of my ears stands up abruptly as I sensed that someone’s approaching, I turned to the door... waiting for what’s to come.

Door Creaks

I sighed in relief when I’m seeing a familiar chocolate brown haired boy looking at me with the same warm chocolate eyes.

He then showed his hybrid ears and tail, which made me remember last night incident.

He must be the one that rescued me, he walked to my bed while wagging his tail excitingly and examined me with a stare.

Wow, now that I can see more clearly...you are indeed very pretty​! And thank goodness you’re awake, I’ve been worried sick! My name is Yoseob by the way and also I'm the person that brought you here. Rest assured you’re safe here.”

He smiled widely before hugging me tightly, I can feel my body tensed a bit.

‘It’s okay he’s a hybrid, he won’t hurt you.’ I thought, reassuring myself.

Hello…Yoseob-ssi and thank you for helping me yesterday. And umm, it hurts...”

“OH MY GOD!”

He quickly released me and checks my IV for any injury.

“Phew, it seems that you’re okay. I’m really sorry for almost hurting you!”

“It’s okay Yoseob-ssi.”

“Drop the -ssi please! We’re like the same age and just call me Yoseobie. Oh, and here, you must be thirsty, have some water.”

He gave me a glass of water and I thanked him before drowning it in one shot.

“Do you want another glass?

“I’m fine Yoseobie, thank you for the offer.”

I smiled at him.

“Aww, what a cute smile. Almost nearly as cute as mine, Omo what am I saying. Ignore that please and more importantly what’s your name?”

“Oh, my name is Lee Gikwang and I’m sorry for the trouble I cause. And…who are these people?”

I asked, pointing to both of the strangers.

“Don't worry! They're no threat~ Wait a minute Kiki, let me wake them up..”

“Umm…Kiki?”

“Yup! Isn’t it cute?.”

He gave me a wink before he ran to one of the sleeping man on the couch and shakes him violently while screaming ‘Wake up Doo-doo!’ at his ears.

“…Mornin’ Seobie, gimme another 5 minutes.”

Doo-doo! it’s not nice to act like this in front of Kiki!”

Kiki?”

“Yup Kiki! He’s awake you know.”

The said ‘Doo-doo’ woke up, stands and starts to walk towards my bed.

I flattened my ears backwards and tensed a little.

He seems to understand my behaviour and approach me slowly.

“Hello there, I’m sorry if I frightened you. I mean no harm, really. If I hurt you, Seobie there will munch my head for hurting his new friend.”

“You bet I will, don’t worry Kiki. Junnie is harmless, he can’t even swat a fly.”

I let out a soft laugh and let down my ears, feeling relaxed again.

“I can if I have the will to Seobie! Anyway, can I remove that for you? It’s uncomfortable isn’t it?”

He points to the IV and I nod at him, I really hate the IV.

“Okay, hold on a sec I’ll remove it quickly, It may stings a little though.”

He removes the IV expertly, I didn’t feel much pain and he also gives me a yellow smiling band aid.

“There all done! Thank you for your cooperation. Ah, I haven’t introduced myself, how rude of me. My name is Yoon Dujun and I’m your doctor.”

“Nice to meet you too Yoon Dujun-ssi, my name is Lee Gikwang. And thank you for the treatment, sorry if I troubled you.”

I bowed my head to him.

“Ah, don't mentioned it Gikwang-ssi. I’m happ-“

“Kiki-ah, you don’t need to be so formal, just call him Dujunie! He won’t mind!!”

Yoseobie interrupted and he pouts a little at me.

“Yah, Seobie don’t give him a hard time. And Gikwang-ssi, can I drop the ssi?”

I nodded at him and he continued,

“So Gikwang-ah, as Seobie was saying. You don’t need to use formalities with us okay? We’re stranger alright, but if you're willing to accept us as your friends, then we won't need to be so formal and just so you know, you’re safe with us. Dujun is fine by me but if it makes you more comfortable you can call me Dujun-hyung.”

He smiled at me and I smiled a small smile back, feeling grateful for their kindness for me.

“Wait…Is that Yong Junhyung falling asleep?! That little-”

“No swearing Dujunie!”

 “Ah right, thanks for reminding me Seobie. Now then…”

“Kiki close your ears, Doo-doo’s going to yell.”

I do as Yoseobie says and we both close our eyes before Dujun-hyung started to yell,

YAH YONG JUNHYUNG! HOW DARE YOU FALL ASLEEP?! WAKE UP THIS INSTANCE!”

The man grumbled a bit but started to wake up and sits back to his chair drowsily.

Yoseobie and I release our hands from our ears after it is over

Don’t shout so loud…Stupid doctor. Mornin' Yoseob-ah and who’s your friend there?”

He said drowsily and he proceeds to rub his eyes.

“Jun, this is Gikwang, the rabbit hybrid that we rescued yesterday? Seobie can you give Jun the usual morning greeting?.”

Gladly Junnie.” 

Yoseobie smacked the man’s head playfully and laughs, hiding behind Dujun-hyung when he heard him scowling.

Yah! You little-“

No cursing Jun!”

Dujun-hyung reminded before continueing.

“Anyway Jun, can you release his hand now? It isn’t polite when you haven’t introduced yourself, you know?”

Dujun-hyung informed him and he releases his hold quickly while blush a little.

“Umm, sorry for that, you had a pretty bad dream, so... yeah. Oh, and nice to meet you, I’m Yong Junhyung.”

He said awkwardly.

“Ah, it's okay, thanJunhyung-ssi. Oh and nice to meet you too, my name is Lee Gikwang.”

I smiled gratefully and bowed my head.

“No need for honorifics Gikwang-ssi. You can call me with what you want.”

“Umm… really?"

He nodded and both Yoseobie and Dujun-hyung gasp in surprise.

"Then... is Junhyungie fine?”

I asked him, ‘Junhyung’ is a little awkward and for ‘Junhyung-hyung’ is a little hard to say and I hope he doesn’t mind… and that it didn't sound way too weird.

I heard Yoseobie and Dujun-hyung laughs as they gave me double thumbs up, I just tilted my head, feeling a little confuse of their actions.

I’m not sure Junhyung-ssi was happy with it he's glaring at both of them and he’s fuming red in anger.

“Yah, You two! Stop laughing!”

He yelled at them before suddenly turning to face me while blushing a bit.

“Umm… Sorry about that Gikwang-ssi and sure I guess… But, in exchange can I call you by... Kwangie?”

I nodded at him and smile brightly, happy that he’s okay with it.

“No fair! Junhyung gets to be called with a cute name! Gikwang-ah, call me cutely too!”

Dujun-hyung said and Yoseobie laughs more at his actions.

“Junnie, you’re behaving like a child! Hahaha!”

“Yah! Stupid Dujun don’t scare Kwangie like that!”

Junhyung said as he seems to be scowling at Dujun-hyung.

“It’s fine, so hmm…how about Doo-hyung? Is that okay?”

“Yup!! That’s terrific, thank you Gikwangie.”

Out of the sudden he hugged me tightly and in reflex my ears stands up, my whole body tensed and I felt myself trembling.

I was surprised at the sudden hug that my mind instantly reminded me of the bad guy that tried to drag me…

“Dujunie release Kiki! Now!”

Yoseobie said and Doo-hyung quickly release me, Yoseobie then proceed to hug my fear way.

“There, there it’s alright no bad guys here. It’s only Dujunie okay? You’re safe Kiki…”

“Junnie! You do know we hybrids tend to fall to that state! Thank goodness I’m here!”

Doo-hyung approaches me carefully after I’ve relaxed a bit and he apologizes.

“I-It’s okay Doo-hyung, it isn’t your fault. I know you have good intentions, you’re different...different from them.

I spat that last words with full hatred and felt the whole room tensed a little, Yoseobie was the one who break the silence, I’m grateful for his quick-wittiness.

“Wah, look at the time! I’m soooo hungry, Kiki you must be hungry too right?”

He said as he nudges Doo-hyung repeatedly, the latter seems to grasp his signal by mouthing ‘ahh’ at him.

“I’m really sorry for earlier Gikwang-ah! I’ll make it up to you right now!! One great breakfast coming right up!!”

He rushes out the room in a flash.

Omo! I just remember that Doo-doo can’t cook!”

Yoseobie said as he paled and frantically tried to shout for his lover before chasing after him while shouting.

“Doo-doo! You can’t cook! Doo-doo! Don’t destroy my kitchen!!”

I let out a chuckle and I hear Junhyungie does the same.

“Hahahaha~They're funny~ Does they've always been that way Junhyungie?”

“Yep. Dujun has always been a little bit childish and clumsy, luckily Seobie always take such a good care of him.”

“They are such a great couple…”

“Yes they are that one-of-a-kind couple.”

“I wish someone would take care of me too…”

I whispered without thinking and I really hope that Junhyungie didn’t hear that, it’s embarrassing.

“Did you say something Kwangie?”

‘Phew! Luckily he didn’t.’

I thought as I sighed in relief, I don’t want to give a bad impression.

“Nothing Junhyungie! I’m just talking to myself, it happens sometime, just ignore it ahahaha!”

“…Okay? So…Kwangie-ah do you want to change clothes? I’ll ask Yoseobie for some, you’re about the same size as him, aren’t you?”

“Umm yes I guess. But-“

Wait a minute ‘kay.

He rushes out and came back a few minutes with some clothes.

“Uhh, so…do you need my assistance or should I go?”

“I can manage, thank you for the offer though. “

“Umm, I’ll wait for you outside the-“

I grabbed his wrist without thinking, which really surprised both of us but still, I didn’t let him go.

“I... Could you stay… I-I’m afraid that they’ll come back.” I stuttered.

I said as I look to the floor, unable to face him.

Kwangie...look at me, please?”

I look up as he asked, expecting something else but I didn’t expect a gentle smile for me.

“It’s okay, we're here for you, I'm here for you too. And I promise no harm will come to you as long as I’m around okay?”

He held both of my hand reasuringly and thank god I felt a bit little assured by his words, I don’t know why, but I’m not as scared as before…

“We’ll protect you, Dujun and Seobie too… So don’t worry so much okay? And of course I’ll stay.”

“Thank you so much Junhyungie... Give me a minute to change?”

“Sure, I’ll turn around.”

True to his word, he turned around after placing the clothes on the bed and released my hand.

I took off the hospital gown easily before proceding on taking the clothes on the bed and wearing them carefully while avoiding my band-aid arm.

“Junhyungie, I'm done.”

He turned around right away and examined my clothing before releasing a relieved sigh.

“Phew, glad that fits. We’ll shop for your clothes later, okay?”

“It's fine, I don’t want to cause more trouble. I’m already such a trouble, aren't I?”

“Nonsense. And I don't see how clothes could cause any trouble at all and I want to buy you new clothes, it's a good intention, and also so that you won't be using Yoseob's old clothes, they'll a but tight right? So don't worry so much, okay? Now let’s go get some breakfast.”

He extended one of his hands and with a new resolve I take it.

Thank you Junhyungie…"

I whispered a bit low but he still heard it and his face turned to a slight shade of pink before he hurriedly turn to look forward while still holding my hand.

“N-No problem.”

He replied before leading us out of the room, as we head to the dining table.