Chapter 15 : Remember

My Hybrid Lover

Gikwang’s POV

When we arrives at apartment, both Dongwoonie and Junhyungie mention me to sit and play with Hyungnim while they’re searching for the letter.

I let my ears and tail pops out as I wander around the house with Hyungnim in my hold, fascinating at the place where Junhyungie lives in.

‘It’s not so clean yet not so messy and…’

‘Junhyungie's scent lingers in the air.’

'I love it!'

I breathe in the air and spins around, liking the place already.

Then Hyungnim and I walks around the house, there are several pictures of a ‘Yellow skinned boy character’ hanging on the wall.

Junhyungie seems to like this character a lot for there are more than one picture there.

Then I continue to look around the shelves, there are many photos and some of them are really funny.

I search around and finally I found one photo with my appa in it.

I take it from it’s place and found a book behind the frame.

“Oh? What is this Hyungnimie?”

Filled with curiosity, I take both of the photo frame and the book with me as I sit down on the red couch with Hyungnim.

Hyungnim jumps from my hold and sits beside me and nudges the book.

“Are you curious too Hyunimie? Okay, let’s see this first.”

I flip the book page by page and found it to be a photobook fill with photos of Junhyungie and my appa.

There are also Doo-hyung, Yoseobie, Seungie-hyung and Dongwoonie in it with them.

Some of the picture are group shoots and the other are funny memorial picture.

And when I flipped to the next place, I found a photo...that makes my head pounds and all of my fears come creeping into me once again.

T-this p-person-”

“N-no...It-it can’t be…Ow, w-what’s happening...my...my h-head…”

I lost my balance and fell down to the floor, head’s pounding non-stop while Hyungnim keeps whimpering.

I want to reassure him but...all I feel a rush of forgotten memories comes to me.

Painful and Agonizing ones…

Memories that I’ve forgotten and don’t want to remember…

Memories of that place that haunts me…

In that very room.

I was...tortured...by him.

Handcuffs…

Those cold metals he used to cuffs me that keeps rattling as I continued to struggle but to no avail.

Pills…

He forced me to swallow every last one of it, while keep repeatitively calling my name and saying that I'm his specimen, that I must endure all of this, that it's my purpose in life.

Needles…

Those cruel things that kept pricking and penetrating my skin here and there, in every flesh he could see and his expression was crystal clear…showing the joy he felt.

Tears…

It keeps on falling and falling every seconds as his evil laughter keeps ringing in my head.

Screams…

He said that it’s music in his ears, he loved it when I screamed.

Pleads…

Never did he listened to any of them and just laughed at each one of them, like it's all just a joke for him.

I...all I feel is agonizing pain and fear.

My head keeps on throbbing wildly and my throat hurts from all the screaming...

I don't want to remember this!

I...I-

Kwangie!”

Junhyungie’s voice wakes me up from those horrid flashbacks and right when I open my eyes, which I don’t even know when I closed.

I see his face right in front of me, worries can be seen in his black orbs and I I leap to hug him immediately and starts to cry.

Uhh...Jun-Junhyungie…”

I said, sobbing and holding him tighter.

“K-kwangie?? Why-”

“I...I remembered now. I remembered him J-Junhyungie.” I said as I keeps sobbing and bury my face in his chest. “T-the person who cap-captured me a-and tor-tortured me...it’s...it’s him.”

I pointed to the open photobook which remains open in the floor and still showing that very photo.

“!”

“This person…”

 


 

Dujun’s POV

“Seobie~”

"Yes Doo-doo?"

Seobie answered sweetly as he wears his stupidly cute apron while mixing the cake’s dough.

I went closer to him and give my dear puppy a  back hug, making him giggle.

“Doo-doo, you’ll get dirty!”

"Then Seobie~ Shall we get dirty to-”

YOON DU!”

‘Aish, Really Jun?!’

I thought weakly as I release my hold on Seobie when Jun, Gikwang and Dongwoon barges in.

“What is it?” I grumbled.

“THIS!”

He said as he shoves something to my face.

“A photo of Jihoon-hyung, you, me and my hyung? Wow, Hahaha, that face! We were both still chubby and- ”

Yah! It’s not that!”

Junhyung grabbed the photo back and show it to me again, this time pointing to a person.

This person.”

“My hyung? What about him?”

I asked, puzzled in seeing their glum expression and a terrified Gikwang.

“I should have known. Once a psycho will always be a psycho.”

Junhyung spat at the last and looking mad.

“Yah he’s changed! Don’t talk about him like that!”

I yell, he’s really changed, my hyung would never become his old self!

“You sure?”

“Of course! He’s my hyung Junhyung-ah! What’s wrong with you?!”

I tends to get very emotional when talking about hyung, everyone keeps telling me he’s a psycho and all that s.

“Doo-doo…”

Seobie holds my hands and my palms, calming me.

“Sorry...but I won’t take back my words. My hyung has changed and I won’t let you insult him. And what did he did to make you act this way?”

I asked, more calm and composed than before, thanking Seobie in a whisper.

“What you say? Dujun-ah, HE TORTURED KWANGIE. THAT’S WHAT!”

WHAT?

Both Seobie and I said surprised, as Junhyung continue to rants, that is until Gikwang stops him.

“HE! HE-”

“Junhyungie, don’t be mad.”

“HOW CAN I- Kwangie...He-He- We got to open Dujun’s eyes- ”

“Please?”

Gikwang look at him with sad, sad, puppy(or should I say bunny?) eyes which really stops Jun on his tracks and from throwing a fit.

“Junhyungie, take a deep breath and let it out. Take a deep breath and let it out.”

Gikwang said, holding Junhyung’s hand as the latter did what he asked to several times.

“It’s okay...everything’s okay, I have everyone here, I have you. I’m not afraid now, I’m safe Junhyungie. Please...let me?”

Junhyung looks unsure as he keeps staring at Gikwang and holding his hand but the latter doesn’t gives in and just smile reassuringly at him.

“...okay.”

Junhyung finally said but doubt can still be seen from his expression as Gikwang starts to tell us about his memories.

And to be honest, I’m utterly shocked and flabbergasted, I want to retaliate at his accusation but when I see his eyes, I can only see honesty, pain and sadness.

I realized that Gikwang’s words...every bit of it were the harsh truth, it’s painful, unspeakable and bitter but it’s the truth.

And I know deep down in my heart that what Gikwang said, all of it does make sense when it’s my hyung that’s involved in all of this madness.

And...actually I do know that...even if hyung told me that he would changed for the better and he’ll be atoning for all the things that he had done...

But, I know deep down that it’s all lies, lies that I chosed to believed in and hold on to for all these years.

He may acted and showed like he’s changing for the better, but...every time we met, I know he isn’t.

I know him, I know that look on his eyes, that crazy look that he retains…

But what could I possibly do?

Everyone told me to cut ties with him for he’s dangerous…

That he’s a threat…

Though he never and would never hurt me and I still believe that my once warm and kind hyung would return to me.

I won’t abandon him, I would never...

He’s my only family I have…

And I’m the only family he got…

We supported each other in this cruel world…

A world that took our father and mother from us.

 


 

-Flashback-

We weren’t always orphans…

My brother and I…

We never lived in hardships and any of those things for our father was the known diplomat of the country.

Do we got selfish and cocky?

Sure we would have if not for the wonderful parents we have.

Our father was and always the wisest man for me…

He taught us that we have to be selfless and caring for others.

And our mother was the prettiest and kindest yet also the most strict woman ever…

She’s the one who taught us discipline and integrity.

She taught us to be independent and not caused trouble for others.

She reprimanded us if we’re wrong and praised our good deeds.

We were happy for our life and never did we wanted it to change…

But fate says otherwise...

It’s never easy to be such a powerful person like father.

His job has it’s bad sides and I always thought that it’s all lies about the position comes with a danger until...

That cold, stormy winter night…

 


 

When father’s enemy attacked our house and killed each and every guards and maids.

They were elite assassins and hitmen.

And due to some help we got, my hyung and I succeeded in escaping but…

I wish I could say the same for father and mother…

They...they died protecting us and I still remember ‘till this day the last smile mother has before they murdered her.

Since then we live with our mother’s best friend, G.Na-nuna, but we just called her aunt.

She is very caring and generous.

She changed our identity so that we can be more secured.

She’s exactly like mom but not quite exactly like her.

But she’s kind enough to hold hyung and me when we cried at night and she always there for us when the nightmares came.

Years passed and I’m getting better but I can’t say the same about hyung…

He’s changed little by little every day…

He’s not the same warm hyung I know of…