Chapter 17 : The Ploy

My Hybrid Lover

Nobody’s POV

Knock Knock Knock

Come in.

The voice said as the man he addressed came into the office with a briefcase in his hand.

“Sir, we’ve confirmed that your brother,Yoon Dujun has left with Yang Yoseob and Yong Junhyung. Leaving Son Dongwoon with the target at the house. And we’ve given Mr. Jang another dose of the sleeping pills. All is going really well, you have them where you wanted them to be sir.”

The man finished reporting to the mysterious figure who turned his chair to see his right-hand man.

“Good~ And...what about the other captive?”

“He has successfully arrived at the warehouse and is currently tied up in a different room and 100% unconcious sir.”

“Excellent. But be sure to tell our people to keep a close eye on the captives and also to go easy on my brother’s men when they arrive, understood?”

“Yes sir.”

“Do remind those airheads that if they hurt my brother, I’ll kill them right on the spot. Got it?”

“Absolutely sir and these are the things you requested sir.”

The man places the briefcase on the table, opening it and revealing a pair of latex gloves, a small rag, a bottle of chloroform and a filled syringe.

“Excellent! Let’s go right away, OHH~ It’s going to be so much fun!”

The mysterious man laughed evilly as he raised himself up, closing the briefcase before bringing it with him.

“They won’t know what hit them…”

The figure said and his malicious laughter rung through the air again, his right-hand man following him.

 


 

Junhyung’s POV

“Yoon Du, are we there yet?”

“Aigoo! For the eleventh time, No!”

“Step on the it then!” I grumbled.

“Doo’s trying his best Jun, we know you’re worried about them, especially Kiki.”

“Wha- I did not! I- Don't give me that look Yang Yoseob!" I protested as he did the puppy-eyes-look is extremely unfair and...It reminded me of Gikwang's own endearing puppy-eyes-look.

'I think I finally discovered who Gikwang learned those puppy eyes from.'

"Okay, fine! You’re right Yoseob. Yes, I’m worried about the maknae and Kwangie! Especially Kwangie, you know why? Because I lo- Oh, look we arrived!”

I said, pointing at an isolated warehouse nearby.

"What did you mean by 'lo-' Jun?"

"Aish, I'll explain later. Just wear your clothes!"

Thankfully Yoseob didn't pry for more and he hurriedly put on his disguise as Dujun parked the car near, but out of the sight of the guards patrolling outside the run-down building.

Our plan is to disguise Yoseob as a fake Gikwang, since they both have the same height and posture, and knock out the guards at the front before proceeding to the others inside the building.

If all went well, the men here won’t be able to call any back up, resulting in less risk taken by us and to ensure Hyunseung’s safety too.

“Okie-dokie! I’m done! Let’s go people!”

Yoseob said as he now wears a black hoodie, with fake black rabbit ears clipped to his hair.

“Wait a minute Seobie. You got everything there? Batons? Guns?”

“Eii~ You’re looking down on me! Did you forget my previous title Doo-doo? It’s like asking a bird to not forget its wings. You worry too much! And if you said another ‘wait’, I’m sure Jun’s going to annihilate you first~”

Hahaha~ He sure will. But promise me, the both of you. Don’t, I mean it. Don’t use your firearms unless you're in a dire situation, got it?”

“Yes Doo-doo/ Yoon Du.”

“Then let’s rescue Hyunseung. Seobie, Jun, let’s kick their asses!”

Dujun said as the three of us went out of the car and carry out our plan.

 


 

Dongwoon’s POV

“So that’s mine and Seungie-hyung’s story, Gikwangie-hyung! Aren’t we sweet~”

Gikwangie-hyung nods excitedly with a happy smile.

“Dongwoonie! Tell me another story~ Yoseobie and Doo-hyung’s?”

Hyung said cutely, I think hyung’s persuading techniques is ama~zing.

“Sorry hyung, no can do~”

“Eh? Dongwoonie~ wae? Are you becoming a meanie now?”

Gikwang-hyung said, using his puppy eyes technique.

“No hyung! It’s a bit embarrassing but unfortunately I, the great Woon also didn’t know it yet. Yoseobie-hyung and Dujun-hyung are usually the busiest among us, not that Seungie-hyung, Junhyung-hyung and I aren’t busy but at least we’re working in the same building. So really hyung, I swear I don’t know.”

“Really, really? You’re really sure?”

He tried doing the puppy-technique again which I absolutely can’t handle.

“Yes hyung! REALLY, Really! Please stop your puppy eyes- Oh that’s right…”

I said, realizing something.

“Hyung…why do I get the feeling that we’re forgetting someone?”

“Eh? Who?”

“Hmm…I don’t know, I just remembered something when I said ‘puppy- Hyung! We-we forget to bring Hyungnim out of his carrier on the clinic’s reception table!”

“Eh? Why is Hyungnimie there? I remembered him in the car-“

“Well hyung, you and Junhyung-hyung just dashed to the living room, leaving poor  Dongwoonie to tend to Hyungnim, the monster. So I’ve tried my best to bring Hyungnim in and when he barks at me, I was shocked and really, really scared ok? So I just left him in his dog carrier on the reception table.”

“Oh…sorry Dongwoonie. It’s just-“

“It’s okay hyung, though truthfully I’m a little happy right now! At least that dog suffered boredom for a few hours.” I grinned evilly at the thought of Hyungnim sulking.

“Aigoo Dongwoon-ah. Anyway I’m going to let him out! Poor puppy, he must be scared…”

Gikwang-hyung said as he dashed to free Hyungnim, with me following behind slowly, keeping my distance in case the puppy wants to retaliate and maybe tries to murder me for abandoning him there.

 


 

Gikwang’s POV

Dongwoonie and I went to check the reception table and found Hyungnim’s carrier, with Hyungnim inside, his rear side showing from the carrier’s door.

“Hyungnimie?”

I called out to him, Dongwoon prepared himself and went hiding in the corner, while muttering ‘be careful hyung, be careful hyung’.

After calling the puppy three times, it turned and popped his head out, first growling before identifying me.

“Sorry Hyungnimie, hyung’s got an important issue to take care of…not that Hyungnimie isn’t important.”

I smiled at the puppy’s sulky expression as I unlock the carrier and slowly bringing my hand near him.

Same as before, he sniffed at my hand, before nudging his head against my outstretched hand.

I turn to see Dongwoonie standing in the corner with his cat ears and tail popped out and bristling when I’m holding Hyungnim to my chest and turning to his direction.

“Dongwoonie~ what are you so scared of? Hyungnim won’t hurt you, you know.”

I mention him to come closer as my other hand is supporting Hyungnim.

“No way hyung! Not in a mill-“

Ding-Dong~

“Oh! Is it Seungie-hyung?!”

I said expectantly as I run to pick the phone handle of the voice intercom installed near the front door, Dujun-hyung didn’t installed a video one so it’s a voice only.

“Hello? Who is it?”

“Woonie?”

“S-Seungie-hyung?? Is that you?!”

“Woonie?”

Unable to think straight, I dash to the door and opening it, didn’t realizing the oddness of hearingSeungie-hyung’s voice’.

When I opened it, I found a man wearing a mask  and black sunglass standing at the front porch with five or six men behind him, wearing all black with matching glasses and with muscled body.

And I just realized that the masked man is holding a phone, and from that very phone…I can hear Seungie-hyung’s voice calling my name in a repeatedly.

‘Crap. It’s a Trap!’

I yelled in my mind as the masked man, whom I think is the leader, removes his sunglasses and is looking at me with a crazy look, but somehow I found those pair of eyes familiar but I can’t seem to grasp who he was for I was distracted by the white cloth he pulled out of his pocket and it’s awful smell.

‘What’s with that smell? Is it- It’s Chloroform!!’

I tried attempting to run and lock the door but two of the bodyguards were too agile, even with their bulky body and they held on to my arms, failing my plan.

Then their leader brings the awful rag closer and even if I’m struggling and trying to break free, the men wouldn’t let me do so for I’m not as muscled as them.

As the rag comes any closer, I try using my last resort in calling Gikwang-hyung to escape.

HYUNG! RU-“

But of course the bad guys’ leader wouldn’t let me finished and is now covering both my nose and mouth with it, preventing me to inhale anything else.

I heard the sounds of footsteps approaching and my guess, Gikwang-hyung must have heard my last warning, but he didn’t hear the last part so the only possibility is that he would come to check on me.

‘No Hyung, no please...don’t com-‘

Dongwoonie? Are they back? I heard you shout-“

Gikwang hyung, with Hyungnim on his arms, stopped dead on his tracks when he sees the situation and all of the sudden the masked man turns to his direction and is laughing evilly, while Gikwang-hyung stays frozen in his spot.

‘Hyung! Don’t just stand there Hyung! Run! Run Hyung!’

I tried to call him, but what came out were just couples of ‘Mmphh!’ and ‘Mmmmphh!!

The man come closer and closer until he’s right in front of a wide eyed and trembling Gikwang-hyung with a growling Hyungnim on his arms.

“I’ve come to take you back...my lovely specimen.”

The man said as he opened his mask and through the mirror behind Gikwang-hyung, I could see him, and his all-too-familiar face.

'His identity is none other than...'

'Dujun-hyung's brother...Lee Joon.'