Trying to Work Things Out

Till Death Do Us Part

“You want me to do what??” Jieun asked as we sat in an ice cream parlor eating our ice cream.

“Please Jieun!!!” I begged. “I really need you to talk to Suzy. Tell her that there is nothing going on between us.”

“If she doesn’t believe you… what makes you think she’ll believe me?”

“It’s worth a try right?”

“True… but...”

“But what?”

“I’m scared.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be with you two all the way.” She looked at me and I gave her the best aegyo I could.

“Fine.” She said with a sigh. “I’ll do it.”

“GREAT!!!” I screamed excitedly, making Jieun jump a bit. “Thank you so much!!!”

“You’re welcome.” She said, putting a spoonful of ice cream in . “So when do you want me to talk to her?”

“In a few minutes.”

“Eh?”

“I invited her over.”

“B-but I’m not ready.” At that moment, the door to the ice cream shop opened and Suzy walked in.

“Okay Wooyoung, what did you want to talk about becau--” Suzy looked at Jieun and her expression turned dark. “What is she doing here?”

“I asked her to talk to you.” I explained.

“Why?” She asked harshly.

“So that you know there is nothing going on between us.” Jieun stood up and bowed.

“I don’t think we’ve introduced ourselves properly…” She held out her hand. “My name us Jieun.” Suzy looked at her hand and without shaking it, she sat on the chair next to me. Jieun put her hand back to her side and slowly sat down. Her face was a bit red with embarrassment. I looked at Suzy and noticed a bit of guilt in her eyes. She couldn’t stand being that mean.

“I’m Suzy…” She said. Jieun smiled and Suzy cleared . “So what did you want to talk about?”

“Right…” Jieun looked Suzy in the eyes. “There is nothing going on between Wooyoung and I.”

“How do I know that’s true?”

“Look… Wooyoung and I have been friends since pre-school.” Jieun explained. “If it seem like we’re close, it’s because we are.” Suzy looked away. “I promise… I am not trying to take him away from you.” Suzy looked at her.

“Lair…” She said. Jieun looked confused.

“Eh??”

“I saw you… The day you came to our house uninvited. You were so close to Wooyoung, it looked like you two were a couple.”

“I-I didn’t--”

“The reason he missed our anniversary was because of you!”

“He--”

“And instead of working things out with me, he went straight to you!!!” Suzy stood up. “This whole thing isn’t working!! I know the truth!!” She grabbed her bag and walked out. Jieun was speechless. Her expression changed from scared to angry and she got up and walked out of the shop. I quickly ran after her.

“YAH!!!!” Jieun screamed to Suzy when she got out of the shop. Everyone that was passing stopped and looked at her, including Suzy. Suzy turned around and looked at her. “You…” Jieun said as she walked up to Suzy. “You are the most inconsiderate, selfish, self-centered person I have ever met!!” Suzy’s eyes widened.

“Excuse me???”

“You don’t realize how much Wooyoung loves you, do you??? He’s wearing your couple ring! He’s trying to make it right between his best friend and his girlfriend and all you could think about is yourself!!” Suzy was completely speechless. “The night I came to your house, I was taking care of an injury he had and you walk in. I didn’t know you were his girlfriend. The day of your anniversary, he called me and asked if we could hang out!! And the reason he called me was because you didn’t want to talk to him!!!” Suzy looked at me and I looked down. “Before you think about how he treats you, you should realize how you treat him!!!” Suzy turned her attention back to Jieun. She frowned and walked away. Jieun shook her head and walked towards me. “I’m sorry Wooyoung oppa…. I tried.”

“Thanks anyway Jieun.” I said, handing her jacket to her. She bowed and made her way home, as did I. I’ve never seen Jieun act like that before. Except for this one time, in pre-school when she stood up to these bullies who were picking on me. I sure hope this isn’t going to put tension between Jieun and Suzy….. I just couldn’t live with myself knowing that they hate each other. Grrrr~~ What am I going to do??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's okay Wooyoung!!! It will get better... we hope. Lol thank you again fo voting!!! ^^ I hope you like my ideas as well<3