More Than A Friend

Till Death Do Us Part

Jieun and I stopped in front of the restaurant that Gina’s mother owned. We sat in my car looking at the building.

“What if I don’t get it?” She asked.

“I’m sure you will.” I assured her.

“But what if I don’t?”

“I’d still love you…” Her eyes widened and I turned red. “I-I mean I would still love you as a friend… you know? Because we’re friends…” She nodded. She opened the door, but instead of getting out, she looked at me.

“Just as a friend?” She asked.

“Eh?”

“You love me… just as a friend?” I was completely confused. What did she want me to say? We were friends, right?

“Are we more than friends?” She sat there, thinking for a bit. Then she smiled and shook her head.

“No….” She said with a smile. “I was just wondering, that’s all…” For some reason I felt disappointed. I was kind of hoping she would say she wanted to be more. “Wish me luck.” She said. I nodded and smiled.

“Fighting!” I said, giving her a small fist pump. She did the same, then she got out of the car and headed into the restaurant. I drove to the dance studio and danced a bit before my students arrived. I couldn’t get Jieun’s question out of my head.

“You love me… just as a friend?” I was going crazy inside. Suddenly the door opened and my students walked in. They were carrying streamers and decorations and food. I watched as they set the table and decorated the studio.

“Yah… what’s going on?” I asked.

“We’re going to throwing a congrats party for Jieun.” One of my students said.

“What for?” I asked.

“For getting the job…” Another one of my students replied.

“But she hasn’t--”

“My mom said she was a shoe in… no one’s ever applied for the entertainment spot. And with Jieun’s voice, my mom is sure to get more customers.” Gina said.

“That’s great!!” I exclaimed.

“Right?” She smiled. She put a Christmas hat on my head. “Now help us set the party up Santa.” She helped the other students with some decorations. I looked in the mirror and thought I looked pretty good. I fixed my hair a bit, then helped my students.

After everything was set up, we waited for Jieun. “Seon saeng nim …” I looked at my students. “Go check if she’s outside.” I sighed and went to the door, but before I could turn the knob, the door swung open and Jieun ran into me. I fell to the floor and she landed on top of me. When we looked at each other, our faces were really close. I could see that she was turning red.

“S-sorry…” She said.

“It’s alright…” I replied. We looked at each other for what felt like forever.

“Are you two going to kiss?” One of my students asked. We looked up to see that all they were standing around us. One of them held up a mistletoe. “Go on… kiss…”

“No no…” Jieun said, standing up and straightening out her clothes. “I couldn’t do that… it would be awkward and I’m sure Wooyoung agrees.”

“I don’t mind…” I said as I stood up and dusted myself off. She looked at me with wide eyes and I smiled.

“Wh… y-you don’t mind?” She asked and I shook my head. She looked at the students and then back at me. “Okay…” she said as she closed her eyes and waited. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as well. I moved in closer and then finally our lips met. It felt like time stopped. I held onto her arms and pulled her closer, she smiled. I wanted this moment to last forever.

“WHOOOOO~~” My class cheered. Jieun pulled away from me and smiled at the students. I felt myself turn red. Did that just happen? “Congratulations Jieun and Merry Christmas!!!” they said.

“Thank you... but how did you all know I got the job?” She asked.

“Lucky guess?” Gina said. She smiled and we all gave her a group hug. After the party, all my students left and Jieun and I sat in the middle of the studio finishing the last of the cake. I looked at her, but she didn’t look at me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“N-nothing…” she stuttered. I nodded and took another bite of cake.

“So… you enjoyed our kiss huh?” I asked. She choked on the piece of cake she had just put in my mouth.

“W-what?” she asked. I looked at her and put my spoon down.

“I have a confession…”

“What kind of confession?”

“I’ve liked you… since the day we first met.”

“R-really?”

“Ne…”

“Why didn’t you ever tell me?”

“Well… because I didn’t think you would feel the same way.”

“Of course I felt the same way… I was just too afraid to tell you because you had girls lining up just to date you.”

“You felt the same way about me?” She nodded. I couldn’t believe she felt the same way!! We talked about it more and after getting everything out in the open, she smiled at me.

“Since we’ve confessed…” She put her head down. “Does this mean you love me as more than just a friend?” I smiled and looked around. I saw that one of my students left the mistletoe on the floor. I picked it up and held it above us. She looked at it and then back at me. I smiled and kissed her once more. This is the best Christmas I have ever had!! And Jieun is the best gift I could ever receive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waah~~~ Sorry for the short chapter and the lack of Christmas spirit!!! I didn't really have much time to write it... I have a gazillion Christmas parties I need to go to... However I did try my best and I hope you liked it!!! I'm sorry I'm late for Christmas but... MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Hope you all are safe and let your new year be a blessing!!!! ^^*