Finding Out The Truth

Till Death Do Us Part

“So all this time… you’ve never had a boyfriend… because of me.” I asked, as we made our way home. She nodded. “But you dated Taeyang.”

“That was because you told me to go out and find my ideal type…” She explained. “It was as if you weren’t interested in me, so I gave up. When Taeyang called and asked if I wanted to go out on a date with him…. I said yes.” I looked down. “Besides… if you felt the same way about me then why did you marry Suzy?”

“Ah~ right… that…” I said, scratching the back of my head. “A few months after you left, I met Suzy. We’ve been together for three years and I never thought you would come back. So I made the decision to marry her. But before I could even propose… you came back into my life and I was so confused, I didn’t know what to do.”

“I understand…” She said.

“But we’re together now...” I said, she looked at me. “Right?”

“Are we?” She asked.

“I would think we are! We’ve known each other since before I could even remember and we’ve had feelings for each other for a long time!! We should defiantly be a co--” she covered my mouth and smiled.

“I was kidding…” She said. She leaned in and gave me a small kiss. “If you’re asking me to be your girlfriend, then I would love to.” I was ecstatic. Jieun and I are now a couple, everything just felt right. We arrived home and Jieun bid me goodnight. I smiled at the ceiling as I lay in bed thinking about Jieun and I. We’re finally together. But I still had this aching feeling in my stomach. I felt guilty. Wasn’t it a bit too soon to start dating? I mean Suzy just died. What would people think about me if they saw me and Jieun together?

Ahh~ what do they care? They aren’t living my life! I think I should be free to do whatever I want. But still… People might see me as a player… What would my parents say about this? “AISH!!! What’s wrong with me???” I said, sitting up and rubbing my temples. “Why am I having a debate with myself??”

“Maybe it’s because you know that what you’re doing is wrong…” I looked back to see Suzy lying in my bed playing with one of the valentine bears she gave me.

“OHH!!!” I jumped out of bed and backed up against the wall. “S-Suzy?” She sat up and crossed her legs.

“What’s wrong? It’s as if you’ve seen a ghost.” She said.

“Why are you acting as if you’re not a ghost??” I asked.

“Let’s not answer a question with a question. Why don’t we focus on the real problem here?” She stood up and folded her arms. “Are you happy?”

“Happy about what?”

“Jieun… Now that you two are a couple, you’ve forgotten all about me, haven’t you?”

“Am I not allowed to have another girlfriend? You’re dead aren’t you?” Her expression changed from calm to angry.

“JUST BECAUSE I’M DEAD IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN DATE OTHER GIRLS!!” She screamed, making me jump. She cleared and took a deep breath. “That’s not my point… My point is that you’re new ‘girlfriend’ hasn’t been completely honest with you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean she’s been lying to you all this time…”

“I… don’t understand.”

“Why don’t you talk to Eunjung?”

“Why should I??? She’s the one who killed you? I don’t trust her one bit!!”

“Did you ever ask her why she did it? Did you even listen to her side of the story?”

“It doesn’t matter!!! She confessed! I didn’t need to ask her any of those useless questions…” She walked up to me and put her hand on my face. 

“I’m sure that if you talk to her… you will understand…” She said. “But as of right now… you should get some rest.” She brought me to my bed and sang to me until I fell asleep. I loved it when she did that. After a while, I fell asleep.

“Jagiya~” I heard a cute voice say. “Jagiya~ wake up…” I opened my eyes to see Jieun smiling. I smiled back and she put a tray on my lap. “I made you a yummy breakfast.” I looked at the tray, she made waffles, orange juice, and toast and there was a small rose in a vase. “I need to go to work, but I hope that you have a great day off.” She gave me kiss and left. I ate my breakfast and thought about what I should do today. Sleep in? Go to the studio and practice?

“Maybe you should talk to Eunjung…”

Should I talk to Eunjung? Ani… Why should I?

“I’m sure she knows more about this than you do…”

Ahh~ Ottokae?? I thought about it more and decided that I needed to find out the truth. I went to the correctional facility where Eunjung was supposedly located and walked up to a female officer sitting at the front desk. “Excuse me…” I said. She looked up at me. “I need to speak to Ham Eunjung…”

“Eunjung?” She asked. “Ahh~ Yes… I remember her. She was always ranting on and on about how she was innocent. She was nuts…”

“Was?”

“Ne… She’s been transferred to Kanji’s Mental Institute.”

“Mental Institute??”

“Ne… For the past few months she’s been saying there was a woman visiting her late at night.”

“What?? Who did she say it was???”

“Let’s see… I believe it was the woman she killed….” My heart stopped. “Suzy?” My mouth fell open and I stared at her in disbelief.

“Thank you…” I said, running out the door. So I wasn’t the only one seeing Suzy? Is it possible that she’s still alive? Or is Eunjung just guilty about what she’s done? Either way, I have to find out the truth!! I drove to Kanji’s Mental Institute.

Thankfully it was still visiting hours, they took me to Eunjung’s cell. I looked into the small glass window and saw that she was curled up at the end of her bed rocking back and forth. It was so dark in the cell, I was afraid that there was someone hiding the shadows.

“You can go ahead and go in sir.” One of the officers said. I nodded and walked into her cell. “I’ll give you two some privacy. If you need anything… just scream.” He stood closed the door and I froze. What kind of officer leaves an innocent person alone with a killer?

“What are you doing here?” Eunjung asked. She looked so evil, so angry and lifeless. I took a deep breath and walked toward her. She looked up at me and I stopped.

“I-I came to talk to you…” I replied.

“I didn’t kill Suzy…” She said. “In fact, she’s still alive.”

“How do you know?”

“No one ever believes me… they all think I’m crazy.” She looked up at me and I could feel the hair on the back of neck stand. “Do you think I’m crazy?”

“A little…” I whispered. She stood up and began walking towards me, I moved back.

“You’ve seen her too, haven’t you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You can’t lie to me…” She said. I was now up against the wall. “She tells me everything.” Was she serious?

“Let’s say I believe you for one second.” I said. “What has she told you?”

“That you’re dating that lying rat Jieun!!”

“YAH!!! Don’t talk about her like that!!!”

“Why? Don’t you know what she’s done??”

“I would if you would just tell me!!” She scoffed and gave me an evil smirk.  

“She’s the one who poisoned Suzy!!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanji's Mental Institute is totally made up!! Lol But i guess you all knew that!!! Sorry for the late update... but i hope this chapter makes up for it!! ^^* Hope you enjoyed it... Comments are appreciated.