She Needs Someone Like Me

Till Death Do Us Part

“How’s it going dongseng?” Taeyang asked as he ruffled my hair and walked into my house. I closed the door and walked up to him.

“Um… Taeyang?” I called. He turned to me and smiled. “I’m not trying to be rude or anything but… what are you doing here?”

“Oh I’m here to pick up Jieun.” He said as he put his arm around her shoulder and held up a basket. “We’re going out on a picnic.” I looked at Jieun, dumbfounded and she smiled at me nervously. I don’t know what I was feeling at this point. I felt angry, hurt and stupid all at the same time.

“Jieun?” I called as I looked down at my feet.

“Ne?” She asked in a sing song voice.

“Can I talk to you on the kitchen please?” I walked into the kitchen. She followed behind. Once we were in the kitchen, I turned to her and she looked at me nervously. “Why did you not tell me you were going to go out with Taeyang?”

“Well… because I knew you would act like this.” She said.

“Act like what? I’m not acting like anything.” I said as I looked away from her.

“Look… I know what you think about Taeyang but for weeks he’s been telling me that he misses me and that he really wanted to hang out .” Jieun explained.

“You know how he is… He can say all those sweet things and then break your heart in the end! He’s not good for you!!”

“You were the one who said I needed to go out and look for my ‘ideal type’ and that’s exactly what I’m doing.” I didn’t say anything. She was right, but I didn’t expect her to just pick the biggest player in Seoul.

“Jieun-ah…” Taeyang called as he walked into the kitchen and leaned on the door frame. “Are you ready to go?” She looked at me and I sighed angrily and nodded.

“Ne…” She said as she walked up to him. He put his arm around her shoulder and smiled.

“Don’t worry dongseng… I’ll bring her back around midnight.” He said. They turned around and walked away. Once again, I was alone, so I finished getting my things ready.

The rest of the week was the same. Jieun and Taeyang would go out and after work I would stay inside my house. One day, while I was teaching a class, one of my students ran into the room.

“Hey everyone!! There’s this really cute girl singing in the hallway. She’s really good!! Come and listen.” He said as he ran back into the hallway. My entire class ran out the door to see the mysterious girl. I didn’t really want anything to do with it, but the suspense was killing me. So I went to check it out. I walked into the hallway and saw a crowd of people swarming this girl with a guitar. I couldn’t really see her face because of all the people, but her voice was amazing.

“Boy... I need a boy
Good no matter what he does
And a good body too

Boy... I need a boy
Baby I need you
Boy you need me too

Boy, I need a boy…”

She ended the song and everyone cheered.

“Thank you everyone.” She said, I recognized her voice and pushed my way to the front. “Oppa~!!” Jieun said, as she handed back the guitar to one of the students. She picked up two cups of coffee and ran up to me. “How are you today?” She asked.

I looked around at the students. All eyes were on us and there was a bit of whispering going on. “I’m fine.” I said.

“Cool…” She said as she held up one of the coffee cups. “This is for you.” It’s like she didn’t see all the eyes that were staring us down. I took the coffee from her hands and smiled.

“Thank you.” I said.

“You’re welcome.”

“So what are you doing here?”

“I noticed we haven’t been hanging out as much, so I came over to ask if you wanted to maybe see a movie with me.”

“OOOOHHHHHH~~~” The students cheered. Jieun smiled and I smiled back.

“Sure sounds great…” I said. “But it’s going to have to wait until I get out of work.”

“I can wait.” She said. The students cheered once more and she giggled. She followed me into my classroom and the students and I finished our lesson. She looked as though she was really enjoying herself. After class, the students left and she stayed back as I packed up my stuff. She stared at me and smiled.

“What?” I asked.

“Since when did you get so good at dancing?” She asked as she stood up from the bench.

“What are you talking about?” I asked. “I’ve always been good at dancing.”

“That’s not the way I remembered it.” She said as she walked up to me. “When we both didn’t have dates to the prom, we went together and slow danced. You used to always step on my feet.”

“That’s because I was nervous.”

“What were you so nervous about? It was just a friendly dance.”

“I always get nervous when I’m really close to you.” I said, under my breath. She obviously heard what I said and smiled. I cleared my throat. “So what was that song you sang earlier?”

“Eh?”

“The one you sang in the hallway.”

“Ah~ that was nothing… I was just fooling around.”

“Really? Then sing it now.”

“Eh?”

“I didn’t get to hear the whole song… so sing it here…”

“I don’t kn--”

“Please~~” I begged, giving her my best aegyo. She smiled.

“I don’t have a guitar.” She said. I looked around and saw that one of my students left his guitar here, as usual. I picked it up and handed it to her. “Are you sure?” She asked. I nodded, she smiled and began playing and singing.

“Tired of being alone,
Sick of being single.
I think I need a boy.
I need a boy like…

not one that speaks without thinking or a little child
but one that will embrace me
yeah~
not a boy that plays around when he's bored
but one that will only love me

even if he stays still
and girls hand him their phone..
the kind of boy who proudly

takes out my picture and shows it

boy.. I need a boy
good no matter what he does
and a good body too

boy.. I need a boy
baby I need you
boy you need me too


make my heart race again
make me able to create sweet songs again
you know, it's not about money or anything
you're the person I want to give my heart to

I need a boy
hmm, yeah yeah...

Boy I like you, gotta make you mine
Imma treat you right, baby,,
Oh~hoo

boy.. I need a boy
good no matter what he does
and a good body too

boy.. I need a boy
baby I need you
boy you need me too

boy... I need a boy...”

After she sang, I was in complete awe. She was incredibly awesome. “So what did you think?” She asked.

“Since when were you so good at singing?” I asked, she giggled and put the guitar down.

“I took some lessons abroad.” She explained.

“Well you were really great and that is a really awesome song. How did you come up with the lyrics?”

“Taeyang wrote it.” She said. Immediately my blood began to boil. “He sang it to me a few days ago. It was originally supposed to be ‘I Need a Girl’ but I changed the lyrics a bit.”

“I understand…” I said through clenched teeth. We sat there awkwardly for a few seconds.

“So…” She said, breaking the silence. “We should probably get to that movie.”

“I don’t really feel like going to a movie anymore.”

“What? Why?”

“I just… feel like going home…” I walked away from her and out of the studio. I know it may have been rude but I couldn’t stand her talking about Taeyang like he was the person to trust. When I know he’s just going to hurt her in some way.

“Yah!!! Wooyoung oppa!!! Where are you going???”

I couldn’t take it. Taeyang isn’t the one for her!! He’s a player and she needs someone better, someone more reliable and trustworthy.

Someone like me…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a long chapter!!! Lol I guess it's because of the song... Well I hope you all liked this chapter!! ^^*