Making Up and Breaking Up

Till Death Do Us Part

“You forgot your anniversary??” Eunjung asked as we sat outside of a coffee shop drinking our coffee. I had to talk to someone about what had happened. Suzy didn’t want to talk to me and I didn’t want to tell Jieun because she said she didn’t want to cause any problems with Suzy and me. So if I told her, she’d just stop talking to me. Eunjung was my last resort.

“I don’t know what to do.” I said. “I’ve tried apologizing, but Suzy just won’t listen.” I sighed and Eunjung bit her lip.

“It sounds like you’re in a tight spot there.”

“Tell me about it.”

“So… Why were you with Jieun anyway?” I looked at her.

“I told you, I missed her. I just wanted to some catching up.”

“Okay okay… but it’s not like you to forget something like this.” I had nothing to say. “Jieun must be really important.”

“Eunjung--”

“Why don’t you tell me what really went on with you two.” She leaned on the table and put her chin in her hand. I finally gave in.

“Jieun and I have been friends forever.” I explained. “3 years ago, her mother became very ill and they had to leave Korea to treat her sickness.”

“Is that all?” I cleared my throat.

“I may have had a little crush on Jieun at that time.”

“Really??” Eunjung asked, a bit surprised. I nodded. “Wah~ do you still have feelings for her??”

“NO!! Of course not!” She picked up her hands and leaned back on the chair.

“Calm down… it was just a question.” We finished our coffee and headed back to the dance studio. After class I went home to an empty house. Suzy still wasn’t back from work. I still feel horrible about forgetting our anniversary. I was trying my best not to call Jieun, but I couldn’t help it. Every time I had a problem, Jieun was the first one I would call. I sighed and picked up the phone and dialed Jieun’s number.

“Hello?” Jieun answered.

“Hey it’s me…” I said.

“Ah~ Oppa… is something wrong?”

“What makes you think something is wrong?”

“Wooyoung… I’ve known you all my life… I can tell when something is wrong.”

“Okay… Suzy and I had an argument.”

“About what?”

“I kinda missed our anniversary.”

“Oh Wooyoung… I told you something like this would happen.”

“I know you did.”

“How could you forget something like that?”

“I don’t know I guess I was having so much fun hanging out with you I forgot.”

“Don’t use me as an excuse.”

“It wasn’t an excuse.” She stayed quiet for a moment and I cleared my throat. “I’m sorry… I probably shouldn’t have said that.”

“Probably…”

“So what should I do?”

“Well… you should probably get her something nice, but it has to be better than what she got you.”

“Hmm… that’s going to be a bit hard.”

“Why? What did she get you?”

“Couple rings…”

“Wow~…”

“I know… how am I supposed to top that?”

“Okay well let me think.” She stayed quiet and I waited. “Oh I know!! You could get her flowers--”

“Flowers?? She’s just going to think I’m cheap.”

“Would you let me finish??”

“Sorry.”

“Get her some flowers and wear the ring. Then, when she comes home, you get down on one knee, give her the flowers with the hand that has the ring on it. When she sees it she’ll be surprised and then just tell her how much she means to you.”

“That is a really good idea.”

“Thank you.”

“You always know what to say.”

“I know…”

“Okay, I’ll go out and get her flowers now. Thank you again Jieun.”

“Anytime.” I hung the phone and headed to a flower shop. I got everything I needed and when I got home, I put the ring on and waited for Suzy. The door opened and I hid the flowers behind my back.

“Wooyoung are you home?” Suzy called. “I need to talk to you.”

“I’m in here.” I answered. She walked into the living room and looked at me. I waved, she smiled and made her way to sit next to me. “I need to talk to you too.” I said.

“Let me go first.” She said. I nodded. She took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes. “I’m sorry about what I said. I know that you and Jieun were best friends and I guess I just got a little jealous.”

“Really?”

“Ne… Look, you’ve know Jieun forever and I feel like I have to compete with her to get your attention.”

“That’s not true.” I said. “I care about you a lot and I don’t want to lose you.” She looked at me. I got down on one knee and held up the flowers. She let out a small gasp and took it from me, noticing the ring on my finger.

“That’s…”

“Ne… I found it on the table after our argument. I want you to know how important you are to me. Will you forgive me?” She smiled.

“Of course.” We hugged and my heart was repaired. “I love you oppa.”

“I love you too.” I sat down next to her as she admired the flowers.

“These are beautiful.” She said. “Where did you get the idea to buy flowers?”She asked, smelling the flowers.

“Jieun…” She stopped smelling the flowers and frowned.

“What?”

“I called Jieun and asked her for some advice. Pretty good huh?”

“No… I can’t believe you got advice from Jieun instead of just talking to me about it??”

“What do you mean? You didn’t even want to talk to me.”

“So the first person you decided to call is JIEUN??”

“Why are you making such a big deal out of--”

“I don’t want to talk about this.” She ran upstairs and slammed the door. I don’t understand, what did I do this time? I made up with her and suddenly we’re arguing again… I don’t know what to do anymore. I need to talk to some one….. Again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew~ That was a long chapter!! I guess it's because it's mostly dialog... Anyway, THANK YOU EVERYONE for loving my story so much!!! You all give me the inspiration to keep writing! Thank you again!!

Chammyunnie