They Really Do Mean... 'Till Death Do Us Part'

Till Death Do Us Part

Once we got to the hospital, they wheeled Suzy into the ER and they told me to wait in the waiting room. I paced back and forth waiting for any kind of news. So many thoughts were running through my mind. What could have caused this? Why didn’t she show any signs when I was cleaning her cuts? Will she be alright?

“Wooyoung oppa!!” I turned around to see Jieun running towards me. She gave me a big hug, which is exactly what I needed. “What happened? Is she going to be alright?” she asked, pulling away from me.

“She just went into the ER…” I said in a panicked tone. “I’m waiting to hear from the doctors.” Jieun sat on one of the chairs and pulled me down to sit next to her.

“Take a deep breath…” She said and I did what I was told. “Are you calm?” I nodded. “Okay… then tell me everything that happened.”

“I went to take a shower and when I got back to check on her, she was throwing up blood.” I explained. Jieun nodded. I looked at her. “What do you think could have happened?” She shrugged.

“We’re just going to have to wait for the results…” She said. I nodded and we sat there, waiting for anyone to come out and tell us what was going on. Half an hour later, we still didn’t get any word from the doctors. “Oppa I’m going to go use the restroom. I will be back shortly okay?” Jieun said, patting my back. I nodded and she left. Once she disappeared from sight, a doctor came into the room.

“Mr. Jang Wooyoung?” He asked. I shot up from my chair and walked up to him.

“That’s me… I’m Wooyoung…” I said nervously. “How’s my wife doing doctor?” He took a deep breath and put his hand on my shoulder.

“I have some bad news.” He said.

“What kind of bad news?” I asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

“Her lab tests show that she had ingested Cyanide.” He said. “We believe she may have been poisoned.” I was a bit confused.

“How can that be??”

“Well did she eat anything that looked suspicious or out of the ordinary?”

“Ani… the only thing she ate was a box of chocolates.”

“Well where did she get it?”

“It was a gift from…….” I paused. “Eunjung…” I whispered.

“I’m sorry sir?” The doctor asked. I looked at him.

“I have to see her.” I said, pushing past him.

“I can’t let you do that sir.” He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me back. I glared at him.

“Why not?” I asked. He turned to me and cleared his throat.

“As you must know Cyanide is a dangerous thing to ingest.” He said. I turned to him.

“Yes, I understand…”

“So you also understand that it is incredibly deadly.”

“What are you trying to say doctor?” I asked. He took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes.

“We tried everything to try to treat her, but we didn’t know what was wrong until we got her labs back.” He explained. “However, before her labs came back… she went into cardiac arrest and…” My heart sank. His eyes were apologetic. “I’m so sorry sir, but she didn’t make it.” It was then that my heart stopped. She’s dead?? I couldn’t believe it. I fell to the ground, crying my heart out. The doctor bent down next to me and tried to comfort me, but I pushed him away.

“I’m very sorry…” He said and he left. I sat up against the wall. My eyes were puffy and I felt like the life was out of me. Then a familiar face squatted down in front of me. She looked familiar, but my eyes were blurry from the tears that continued to escape my eyes.

“I heard what happened…” Jieun said. “I’m so sorry…” She said. She hugged me and I hugged her back, my tears staining her shirt.

“I can’t believe she would do this to me.” I said.

“Who?” she asked.

“Eunjung!!!” I said angrily. “She was the one who gave Suzy the chocolates.”

“Eunjung?” She asked pulling away from me. “You mean the one who almost ruined the wedding and the one who crashed the party?” I nodded. “She doesn’t look like the type to do such a thing.”

“I thought so too… But apparently I was wrong.” She sat down next to me and began playing with a loose string on her jacket.

“So what are you going to do?” She asked. I didn’t say anything. I stood up and walked out of the hospital. “Yah! Wooyoung-ah!!!” Jieun called, but I didn’t listen. I got in my car and drove to the dance studio. Once I got there, I pushed the doors opened and saw Eunjung standing at the front desk.

“Wooyoung-ah…” She said, noticing me as I walked up to her and slammed my hands on the desk.

“Why did you do it??” I asked angrily.

“E-eh?” She asked, acting as though she didn’t know what I was talking about.

“Don’t act stupid!!” I yelled, making her jump a bit. “You killed Suzy!!!”

“What are you talking about??”

“You poisoned her!!!”

“What? Why would I do that??”

“Why wouldn’t you do it?You hated right?!”

“I may have hated her, but I didn’t kill her…”

“LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!” I practically jumped over the counter. Students began gathering around to watch what was going on, but I didn’t care. I wanted hurt her, I wanted her to suffer the way she made Suzy suffer. But she moved so far back, I couldn’t reach her. I was only inches away from her collar when I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder.

“Oppa… stop…” I turned around to see Jieun, worry filled her eyes and I instantly calmed down. Every time I saw Jieun, I instantly felt calm. She smiled at me and turned to two officers waiting at the door. “She’s the one who gave Suzy the chocolates.” She said. The two officers nodded and went behind the counter and put Eunjung’s hand behind her back.

“Ham Eunjung, you are under arrest for the murder of Suzy Bae…” One of the officers said. “Anything you can and say will be held against you--”

“Wait you’re arresting me?” Eunjung asked.

“Ne…” Jieun said. “Killing someone is a crime you know…” Eunjung said nothing and the officers pulled her towards the door.

“She deserved to die!!!” Eunjung screamed. “She may have looked innocent on the outside, but she’s evil!!!” Then she looked at me and Jieun, anger burning in her eyes. “I hope she rots in hell!!”

“You little--” I tried to run up to her, but Jieun held me back.

“Don’t worry oppa…” She said. “She’ll be in a place where she can’t hurt anyone else.” We turned to Eunjung, There was in a look in her eyes that made me feel sorry for her, she looked scared. But I let it go. She was finally pulled out of the studio. I thought I would feel better about having Eunjung go to jail, but I wasn’t. It wasn’t going to bring Suzy back. I dragged my feet out of the studio and Jieun followed.

“Oppa…” She asked, grabbing my hand and turning me around to face her. “Are you okay?” I gave her a small smile, but it wasn’t very convincing.

“I… just want to be alone for now… okay?” I asked. She smiled and nodded. I went home, layed in my bed and cried myself to sleep. ‘What am I going to do without her?’ I thought to myself. This is completely crazy, we just got married and now she’s dead? I guess when you get married they really do mean…

‘Till death do us part’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END!!!!!!! Haha just kidding!! Please don't hate me for this chapter... I LOVE Suzy but this is how the story was originally supposed to end... :( So please don't hate me... at least now we can focus on WooU YAAY!!!!